PETITION to MA #2 re. Mission Rewards Rebalancing

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
NOTE to PLAYERS: this is NOT a draft, this time. Please sign, in this thread, with your full ava name. To keep this thread tidy, please confine discussion to related threads (links provided in 2nd post). Support from new players will be very welcome. This issue need not affect you directly.

THIS IS NECESSARY BECAUSE MA's reponse to the former draft petition, re-posted here: didn't really address the major concerns

Dear MindArk,

We would like to thank you for the introduction of non-tradable attribute tokens, in response to player concerns. These will indeed help to prevent a recurrence of the current situation, and will greatly improve the system for new players

However, they do nothing to help longstanding players who have worked towards the current rewards. Many of us have no further reason to delay collecting rewards but only need time to complete. We therefore feel impelled to repeat our concerns and suggestions below, and to ask you to please, please consider the needs of those loyal players who have invested much into the game thus far; as this modification comes far too late to resolve our problems.

We repeat the former petition in full below. Please pay particular attention to the points highlighted in bold.

We would also like to point out that it is not merely a question of attribute rewards. In many cases, people are working towards the skill reward at the end of a chain. There is much concern from those who are currently approaching the final stage of one or several missions that the skill reward will be reduced and/or redistributed across the chain before the chain can be completed

Whilst the majority of players applaud most of the changes to the mission system, and believe them to be long overdue, we are not happy with the implementation, for the following reasons:

Many of us have started several simultaneous mission chains in good faith, and find we have nowhere near enough time to complete them all before the changes take effect

Equally, many of us had planned to raise our attributes by natural skilling before taking advantage of the attribute rewards. In this way, much time and many PED have been invested in preparing for the missions., as they stand. However since this activity is not obviously related to the missions, we suspect that it has been overlooked by you. The proposed schedule completely fails to take account of us.

To help save the situation, we propose the following (in order of preference)

A . An extended transitional period of at least one year, preferably longer , during which the player may choose to accept either the old reward or the new reward for any given mission.

or B. An extended transitional period of at least one year, preferably longer , during which missions chains that were started prior to the change will continue to offer the old reward rather than the new

or C. An extended delay of at least one year before implementing the changes.

We also wish to be offered ASAP complete information as to which mission rewards will change and in what way they will change, to enable us to focus our efforts appropriately. In the event that no transitional period can be offered, this would be crucial.

We also wish to be assured that the Stamina point awards will remain unchanged.

Signed,

Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Raven Lunchbox Palehorse
Audrey Cheery Cheerful
Crossy
Archangel
Joey Jay-Jay Javonie
Nybras Milla McJovo
Frenchy Frox Oxygen
nero pelleman wolf
Mega MegaVolt Volt
Jennifer Jenny ferr (name added by private request)
TheOneOmega
Lorthis Lugter Brownface
Joao Bustle Pedro
The Fifth Entity
Zal Mitchos Gaal
joker poker uber smoker
sebastian kamstiesboy kamsties
ashley audison kartunes
Paul BlueEyes Melua
Kara RavenJade Summerwind

Last edited:
Signed!

Crossy

*Signs*

Joey Jay-Jay Javonie

*signed*

Nybras Milla McJovo

Signed!
Frenchy Frox Oxygen

I am not going to keep this thread tidy.

Things change, new players with lower budgets are here.

This change is needed for the survial of Entropia, by supporting this you are supporting the failing of entriopia and the new players.

signed
nero pelleman wolf

I am not going to keep this thread tidy.

Things change, new players with lower budgets are here.

This change is needed for the survial of Entropia, by supporting this you are supporting the failing of entriopia and the new players.

There are numerous other threads where this issue can be discussed. I even went to the trouble of providing links to all if them, to make it easy for you. But, heck, you clearly haven't even troubled to read the thing that you're objecting to.

Nobody is disagreeing with you about changes being necessary and welcome, by-and-large. But there is absolutely no reasoin why older players should be screwed over when the changes are implemented. Indeed older players have invested a LOT in missions, so they do need more considerion. Consider this: new players grow into older players...hopefully. we are not talking of two different animals. You think new players are so dumb they can't wotk out that if older player are repeatedly screwed over by MA shifting the goalposts, then, hmm, maybe better not to invest?

Oh!and since you;re concerned about players with low budgets: it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's the lower budget players who are worse affected by the change. The high budget players have finished all the missions already, or can do so relatively quickly....or do they have to be sweet little fresh faced baby newbies for you to care? (umm, those people are actually adults too, just like us, ya know?)

Now, stop being so freaking arrogant and go go to one of those other threads to have your say, like everybody else. I will NOT answer you in this thread again

Last edited:
Put my name down for this.

I now have an impossible task to complete about 30 Iron / IFN missions.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/labors.html

Missions have been in the game for a long time, but it seems a certain planet partner put very easy rewards in (which should have always been agreed by Mindark beforehand but seemingly wasn't) so as a result all existing missions now have to be rebalanced.

Depending on how long you have played the new mission design will be an improvement or a nerf. From what I've read, it'll definitely be a nerf from my perspective.

What I would have done would be this:

Missions accepted up to 21 August will retain their existing structure and rewards. From 22 August a new mission structure will be in place. Players may end their current mission and adopt the new missions from 22 August if they wish.

Maybe that is difficult to code but I suspect would have made the playerbase happier.

Mega MegaVolt Volt.

"We also wish to be offered ASAP complete information as to which mission rewards will change and in what way they will change, to enable us to focus our efforts appropriately."

Signed Lorthis

Signed

Joao Bustle Pedro

What I would have done would be this:

Missions accepted up to 21 August will retain their existing structure and rewards. From 22 August a new mission structure will be in place. Players may end their current mission and adopt the new missions from 22 August if they wish.

This!

( wanted to say it, but u were faster :) )

Thanx, OP. Once again a very good initiative.

/signed

I'd prefer slightly different solution, but in principle i agree - there's still a problem and it shouldn't be too hard to solve it.

Imo, if MA sees and realizes there's a problem, that's quite enough. They know what exactly can or can't be coded, i'm sure they can work out the best solution - provided we succeed in convincing em it's important enough.

Lorthis, Fifth, and one or two othere:

Are these your full avatar names? IF not may I have the full name please?

Ty,

Jay :)

signed

Zal Mitchos Gaal

I am a little slow to the party i was gone during this new feature...

so MA is going to change missions? they always said we would have plenty of notice...

I am like 50% done with a few 10k missions... what happens to these missions if I dont finish them?
I have invested a lot of time and money into these missions...

if they are changing it soon i sign this petition
signed
joker poker uber smoker

I am a little slow to the party i was gone during this new feature...

so MA is going to change missions? they always said we would have plenty of notice...

I am like 50% done with a few 10k missions... what happens to these missions if I dont finish them?
I have invested a lot of time and money into these missions...

if they are changing it soon i sign this petition
signed
joker poker uber smoker

frankly,your fucked if you dont finish 10k mission before the change(23 august)
cause in old system you will get bulk of rewards after finishing 10k

in the new system the rewards will be more spreadout like rexmission..so..skills after 1k...5k..etc
so less skills at 10k(since already some at 250/1k/5k)

so if you have 10k mission open..if you dont finish it before 23 august you will get the new reward which will be lower....and they already said that the 5k wont get compensated

frankly,your fucked if you dont finish 10k mission before the change(23 august)
cause in old system you will get bulk of rewards after finishing 10k

in the new system the rewards will be more spreadout like rexmission..so..skills after 1k...5k..etc
so less skills at 10k(since already some at 250/1k/5k)

so if you have 10k mission open..if you dont finish it before 23 august you will get the new reward which will be lower....and they already said that the 5k wont get compensated

that is real shitty news... and frankly different then what MA said they would do... strange...

They said we would have ample time before they would change any missions...

they make it an easier decision for people to sell out every day.

siggned

sebastian kamstiesboy kamsties

signed

ashley audison kartunes

petitions never work... i dont see the purpose :(

I the community didn't express their concerns the attributes would have been, removed, gone, vanished, ... they said after the many protests that they are going to implement some token system so you can get attribute award at a moment you please. So they are not immune to our opinion (but they are deaf a lot :tongue2:)

signed
Paul BlueEyes Melua

signed:
Kara RavenJade Summerwind

that is real shitty news... and frankly different then what MA said they would do... strange...
Actually, that's exactly what they said right when they announced it - the rewards at milestones (500, 1k, 5k, 10k) will change, no special compensation when u halfway through the 10k mission.

MA have now extended the deadline until August 9th

Not exactly what we asked for, but a significant improvement

jay :)

Last edited:
Back