Developer-Notes--2

They said there is no personal loot pool, that they don't track returns over time,
but did they say we are just lucky when we get a good loot? Nope.
They actually said something influences our return over time, that *is* tracked... :)

What was this 'something'?

Deposits do have a direct impact on your success in entropia universe, and a at mindark we track and record all yor personal deposits. Your success can be greatly improved by depositing lots money.

I think it's the opposite - as long as they keep depositors on a diet, the depositors need to keep on depositing.

Only correlation I've found (actually not the last month but before that it was kind of safe), was that after I made a bigger deposit, usually at end of month when I got my paycheck, there would be an ATH to someone (else).

Haha just had a thought

Dev notes 3

Deposits do have a direct impact on your success in entropia universe, and a at mindark we track and record all yor personal deposits. Your success can be greatly improved by depositing lots money.

Hehe that should have a more positive impact then the previous notes lol
That, that holds no truth, trust me.

Maybe you interpret it wrong? Just like all those who thought there was a personal lootpool where wrong.

But I don't think it needs much interpreting, they gave us some cold hard facts, that none can argue with

No personal lootpool
No tracking of losses

You can look at these facts in a positive way all you like, but for big spending hopefuls, whose whole entropia life believed that these things where true through there own experiences, these facts are about the worst bit of truth imaginable. Fact!

No need to interpret, or to read between the lines.

And how is having your misconceptions corrected a bad thing?

I understand it is upsetting - but bad would be letting such people remain ignorant of the truth as they racked up ever greater losses.

MA would seem to benefit from those losses, and stands to lose a number of big spenders because it, and yet they still passed on the information. I see it like this: they are providing us this information that will only cause them pain in the short term, so they must believe it is for the long term good of EU to encourage players to play smarter.

The more deeply invested you are in a bad strategy based on a faulty theory, the harder it is to hear - but it is still better than the alternative, unless one prefers to beat one's head against the wall in ignorance.

Think of this - by playing smarter now, the chances of hitting big and winning back at least some of one's loses is likely to be just as good as it was before, while future losses will be reduced by smarter play. Everyone who has been losing big in a deliberate yet misguided attempt to get their own 'personal' ATH should be saying "Thank You!", not "F*$% You!"

:beerchug:
Miles

And how is having your misconceptions corrected a bad thing?

I understand it is upsetting - but bad would be letting such people remain ignorant of the truth as they racked up ever greater losses.

MA would seem to benefit from those losses, and stands to lose a number of big spenders because it, and yet they still passed on the information. I see it like this: they are providing us this information that will only cause them pain in the short term, so they must believe it is for the long term good of EU to encourage players to play smarter.

The more deeply invested you are in a bad strategy based on a faulty theory, the harder it is to hear - but it is still better than the alternative, unless one prefers to beat one's head against the wall in ignorance.

Think of this - by playing smarter now, the chances of hitting big and winning back at least some of one's loses is likely to be just as good as it was before, while future losses will be reduced by smarter play. Everyone who has been losing big in a deliberate yet misguided attempt to get their own 'personal' ATH should be saying "Thank You!", not "F*$% You!"

:beerchug:
Miles

Taking 10 years to come out with the truth and letting there customers believe otherwise doesn't deserve a thank you.

I think the f@"k you is justified

Taking 10 years to come out with the truth and letting there customers believe otherwise doesn't deserve a thank you.

I think the f@"k you is justified

Its been 10 years and Mindark hasn't told us how mobs attack or what attacks and in what percentage. Or how mining works. Or so on.

This whole base of knowledge was built by the player base. That was part of the intrigue of this game. Trying to figure out how things work. This game is a big puzzle. Some guesses were wrong, some guesses were right.

Personal loot pool was a wrong guess.

I was very suprised that Mindark said anything about it.

MA's policy, rightly or wrongly, has always been that they don't discuss how stuff like the loot system works and leave it to the players to figure out.

Implying dishonesty on MA's part isn't fair. Back when I started the community consensus was very much that your economy was the crucial factor. MA never told us whether we were right or not then, just as until now they haven't done so since this personal lootpool theory has gained popularity.

Its been 10 years and Mindark hasn't told us how mobs attack or what attacks and in what percentage. Or how mining works. Or so on.

This whole base of knowledge was built by the player base. That was part of the intrigue of this game. Trying to figure out how things work. This game is a big puzzle. Some guesses were wrong, some guesses were right.

Personal loot pool was a wrong guess.

I was very suprised that Mindark said anything about it.

Exactly.

I'm personally pleased they've started doing these Developer Notes, I've always been keen on MA releasing more information on how stuff works. But I assume the reason for the change in policy is that they believe some of the popular misconceptions around at the moment are costing them money.

I think it's a shame there's not more revealed about the game mechanics. Testing stuff is slow and hard work, think how long it took us just to work out something relatively simple and easy to test like the skill contributions to professions. There could be loads of stuff out there that would make for interesting gameplay decisions that no-one has discovered yet. For instance, you could have mobs/mining areas/blueprints that offer lower return but high skill gain rate, mobs that loot better against one damage type than another, etc. Little nuances like that are probably totally missed by the community, but could make our choices more interesting if they existed and we knew about it.

Ok, I'm using one of the more eco weapons I got.

In beginning it's just me against one mob. Eventually, the ones around start to aggro. (Unfortunately, there is no way to "tag" mobs in ancient greece.)

When the mob is almost dead, after 12 ped sword decay spent and several minutes (they have huge HP), this happens:

Sigh.

Unless something magic happens while I write this, I guess those PEDs are gone forever.
(Yes I was infront of it.)

Edit: Well I came back, it was still stuck. But after a few seconds of hitting the unreachable with the sword I was able to start to damage it.

I can just see the developers running to fix bugs like these that cost us money as we speak... I can name off like a dozen easy bugs they coulda fixed but frankly startin to wonder if they care. My gf still has a skirt she bought 3 yrs ago she still can't wear without her avatar getting naked, rockets still go through mobs; and even tho sometimes they cost ya a PED per shot, no one gives a fk. I got more ofc, but why bother, we all know this and we're all giving them the benefit of the doubt that they'll fix this stuff, but they don't care REALLY We would be a priority then instead of their new systems and new tweaks, they even managed to complete break hunting imo and fixed jack. Doesn't take 3 yrs to fix a skirt and they sure as hell coulda made even a fkin statement about rockets for example. But we accept it and say if u don't like it don't do... Ye, this is how a service works, if it's broken, just don't use it even tho u payed and have to put up with hassles.... We run by different rules than the rest of the businesses apperently, cause this kinda stuff is just garbage. Unreachable boss spawns like sand king for example, they steal a good deal of ped in one shot from hundreds of ppl, now been how long and where is the rush to fix ANY of this. I remember a bug or two that cost MA money... It was fixed within hrs.

In beginning it's just me against one mob. Eventually, the ones around start to aggro. (Unfortunately, there is no way to "tag" mobs in ancient greece.)

When the mob is almost dead, after 12 ped sword decay spent and several minutes (they have huge HP), this happens:

Sigh.

Unless something magic happens while I write this, I guess those PEDs are gone forever.
(Yes I was infront of it.)

Edit: Well I came back, it was still stuck. But after a few seconds of hitting the unreachable with the sword I was able to start to damage it.

As soon as a "stuck" mob hits you once for damage, it always loses unreachable status. Happens on a daily basis to me when hunting (whether it is Ripper or Levi) - just get in close to it.

eco does not equal efficient, although it is possible to solo high hp mobs at lower levels it is only efficient to hunt them in a team or if you have a sufficiently large bankroll to handle a mob like this, high hp low damage mobs are the devils work imho :p

This is really the late answer to 2 ATH's by the same person on the same day. MA was just a little late answering why this happened.

As soon as a "stuck" mob hits you once for damage, it always loses unreachable status. Happens on a daily basis to me when hunting (whether it is Ripper or Levi) - just get in close to it.

I guess the problem with that one, was that the other ones around somehow blocked it even though I was straight infront of it. Actually, for most of the fight, this one kept pushing me around (sometimes causing 25% heals).

Efficiency: There is no efficiency in Entropia Universe, that is just another myth.

These are the random factors that kill efficiency, (In hunting.)

Damage dealt.
Damage taken.
Healing size.
Random extra creature spawns.
Amp decay – lowers damage.
Missed.
Failed.
This creature didn’t carry any loot.
Choice of hunting time.
Choice of creature.
Choice of location.

Bottom line, it’s all a flip of the coin.

Don’t be mad if a lower skill player turns out to be more ‘efficient’.
Just hunt, craft or mine and have fun doing it.

Just my 2 cents. :)

619 posts later, the conclusion is?! :scratch2:

We are now operating in loot pool vu3.0. Loot pool 1 was Eco based. Loot pool vu2 was 80-90% returns of all your decay. Loot pool vu3.0 is some bastard child of loot pool 1.

This thread is a mess. :D ;)

After reading that note #2 a couple of times... well, what to say?
Nothing new in it, and it could mean a lot of different stuff, depends of the
p.o.v you have in all the different theories. :)

Dev Notes 3 Where are you.

Can see the Devs talking now
dev1 -They want answers?
dev2 -I think they are entitled to them.
dev1 -They want answers?
dev2 -They want the truth!
dev1 -They can't handle the truth!

Dev Notes 3 Where are you.

Can see the Devs talking now
dev1 -They want answers?
dev2 -I think they are entitled to them.
dev1 -They want answers?
dev2 -They want the truth!
dev1 -They can't handle the truth!

These will not be arriving before August as MA is on vacation. Bjorn|MA said so (about the vacation, not dev notes).

Back