Petition: Restore old mining loot system

Put back the old system for the love of Lootius sake.

Siim SanSiim Ots

I don't mine for few PED of profit - I mine for the BIG HOFS and also this was the sole reason I started to play this game. If I want to make money I can make it IRL ffs. IT'S A GAME NOT WORK!

This this this this this.

Although again in my case I'm talking about hunting, because it's been fucked up just as much. The worst part is, at least to me, it doesn't seem as if the short-term volatility for hunting has changed much at all. I still regularly get 50-70% return on 1k ped ammo runs (not a loot-whine, i still get my 90% eventually), but now the chances of hitting a 10k+ loot have pretty much dissapeared. :(

There's still a reason to play.... maybe :)
But there is no reason to waste all that extra markup on amps anymore...

This is a key feature of new system.

Without a big HoF's, amplifiers only decrease your profit, because you pay MU to crafter. Increasing of your return is linear. Why you pay MU for amps now? For ghostly chance? It is bad thing now.

MA killed not only mining. They killed industry of attachments

old system

Bamboocha Bamb00cha BH

And Squall with his big amps on FOMA can't even break the 500 ped hof barrier lol

Without a big HoF's, amplifiers only decrease your profit, because you pay MU to crafter. Increasing of your return is linear. Why you pay MU for amps now? For ghostly chance? It is bad thing now.

MA killed not only mining. They killed industry of attachments
Amps always did decrease your return. But their whole point was that they increase the return per hour. That hasn't changed, so your point is wrong.

As for the topic, I feel there are two issues here, the flattening of the return, and a hidden reduction in the average return. My last 5k bombs have the lowest average return since I started mining, over 80k bombs ago. And that's without counting the few big Hofs I had previously.

So yes, I want the old system back, but I also want my old average return back too.

old system please :cool:

Are Kozi Insulting

A technical solution:

A sensitivity switch on finders.

High: Finder finds even small deposits, but can miss bigger deopsits because of this. "Grinding mode".

Low: Finder mainly looks for bigger deposits, but can miss smaller ones. "Gambling mode".

A technical solution:

A sensitivity switch on finders.

High: Finder finds even small deposits, but can miss bigger deopsits because of this. "Grinding mode".

Low: Finder mainly looks for bigger deposits, but can miss smaller ones. "Gambling mode".

Yes but better give us a slider like @ crafting machine :yay: .... but I dont care which declaration anyone will find for that :laugh:

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
I vote for going back to the old old mining system. No amps, no running as you mine. True mining fields When skill and knowledge where more important then ped and luck

i like the new mining system

though i cant talk about amps.. i dont use 'em

Yes please bring the old system back!

Fanan Head Shot

Since the introduction of this type of loot I only did 2 amped runs. Very predictable and too much boring!

I though that only free activities, like sweat and colect stones/fruits, was supposed to be boring! And not mining, much less crafting!

It's so damn boring now that I see me selling skills in a near future if this kind of loot remain.

The markup on mined resources is falling since this change, just go to a craft machine and do few clicks for level 2 amps for example. You will understand why. Near sucesses of 56 ped and sucesses of 64 ped but the big ones are now removed from system and you end up lossing the same or even more without any thrill.

Sometimes I ask myself if dev's look at the HOF boards at all.

So if we are demanding a restore for mining system it makes sense to ask the same for craft. They seem to work in very similar ways.

And please forget that ideia of a quant/cond slider for mining! Why do we have 13 level of amps then?!

And please forget that ideia of a quant/cond slider for mining! Why do we have 13 level of amps then?!

The problem with petitions like this one is that it gives basically 2 options: screw the people who like the new system, or screw the people who liked the old system.

The slider idea lets the people chose which they want so nobody is screwed, but sadly only 2 people in the whole thread understood that.

You used lvl 13 amps in the old system, so why wouldnt you continue to use them if you put the slider all the way over to the "old system" end of the scale? If you want steady returns, you put the slider all the way over to the "new system" end of the scale.

You can also introduce the same thing for hunting. That way you dont screw 50% of the player base each time you flip flop between old and new systems for the entire playerbase...

The problem with petitions like this one is that it gives basically 2 options: screw the people who like the new system, or screw the people who liked the old system.

The slider idea lets the people chose which they want so nobody is screwed, but sadly only 2 people in the whole thread understood that.

You used lvl 13 amps in the old system, so why wouldnt you continue to use them if you put the slider all the way over to the "old system" end of the scale? If you want steady returns, you put the slider all the way over to the "new system" end of the scale.

You can also introduce the same thing for hunting. That way you dont screw 50% of the player base each time you flip flop between old and new systems for the entire playerbase...

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Level 13 amps are really useless atm, because you will not pay that kind of markup for stupid unswingy grinding. But level 13 and slider on full condition could be pretty interesting ;)

Right, nobody is screwed... except every player who makes mining amps :dunce:

Let's ask Pegucka and other full-time crafters if they like this idea...

What is if full condition is equal to the old system and full quantity to the new? I bet those crafters will sell at least as much amps than today this way... even when you can put the slider are bit more to condition

If there is a slider, who says people using level 13 amps have to use it in a certain way?

I don't get your Connection between the existance of a "slider" (ie old/new mining returns) and the existance of level 13 mining amps. Unless, you Think that mining should be a hardcore gambling profession only.

Can you explain how you think? How chosing between old and new mining returns are bad for mining amp crafters? (Arent' those repairable mining amps as used by professional miners around the Clock a worse thing for crafters?)

Last edited:

One thing I Think was kind of sad has been all those later Changes to "balance" the mobs.

Before the first 10k feff, there were "ubermobs" (ATH:able - size atrox dominant and bigger - they Always dropped about 2 ped loots but returns varied alot) and "normal" mobs. There were a few ubermobs that were doable for mid level players (tantardions, cersumons) so even a, well decetnly skilled at least, mid level player could have a shot. Nowdays mobs are pretty much all the same, - sand king can drop no loot without it being considered a bug, and ubers don't Think lesser level players should be able to be able to try to get an ATH (so higher HP mobs hit much harder as after the later mob rebalances).

Can you explain how you think? How chosing between old and new mining returns are bad for mining amp crafters?

Why would anyone bother paying extra markup for a mining amp when they can just use a slider?

(Arent' those repairable mining amps as used by professional miners around the Clock a worse thing for crafters?)

Not really. You do realize how few of those UL mining amps exist right?

Back up old system

BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder

Anyway count me in just for shits and giggles, the system we have now isnt awful,
but it´s "meh" :)

I vote the medium way.

Make the big spenders and HOF lovers happy but at the same time take care of the small spenders and newcomers.

But the big issue with the new system is "boredom". In the long run. But I dont think a newcomer will get bored of getting finds often, even if they are small. But when you have found your steady areas and go back time after time and its just same same same same, and no variation, you will get tired of it.

But I think there are solutions to the boredom without MA losing anything.

They could add more info on the finders. Could be whatever else than range, depth, size and type. If you get more variation regarding info it would be less boring.

I would like to see a resetable mining run chart ingame. A popup shows what you currently have found, how much, TT and TT+MU. Something like the "Statistics" in crafting.

Maybe also info about what can be crafted from what you have found so far.
If you notice that you miss a few stones to be able to craft this or that you keep mining until you have it.

The added info could also be unlockable so the more you mine the more info you receive.

This would add much more variation to mining and make it less boring.

Maybe guys need try hell/foma both still gamble
i made few 10 run test

my returns btween 50% to 150%
NO-AMP
NO-Global/Hof

I play for fun, not here to make money (or lose :laugh:) - I dont mind paying for my fun, I deposit. But I do prefer a more stable return.

I like both systems. But lean more to a more steady return.

I like new system. Don't change it. A mid way system may work though to please all.

Old one :wtg:
Zapra Zap Greadon

Why would anyone bother paying extra markup for a mining amp when they can just use a slider?

I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of the slider. It would not increase your drop tt amount, you would still need amps for that. It would just be a "dynamic" slider, old system to new system. I don't know if they could add this option though with how the code works.

And I don't see how the new system hurts amp sales, if anything people will feel safer using amps because of the decreased chance of a bad return, and people who must have globals increase their change with amps.

List growing... if I missed someone pls let me know :)

Today 2nd in mining hof list is a 550 ped find, I don't know others, but I won't mine until I know there is the possibility to get something big out there. :scratch2:

TT return is good, I like that part of the new system, but a neverending no-profit no-loss activity, with no chance to get big win, loses interest to me.

Middle way maybe is the right direction, but please MA take measures!

Back