Space Flights - Beware!

bard119

Old Alpha
Society
Callidus
Goatts
Several players are using this cheap tactic at Camp Icarus:
Free flights to space!
They lure newbies to their quad, fly them into space, their friend kills and loots them, and leaves them stranded at the space station.

That is so fuking lame cheap f###rs do that to nibie is f###n bs :mad:

Don't travel to space with someone you don't know for free. Or, if you do, whenever you go to space don't carry loot with you.

Some people just don't deserve a place in this game

So today at camp icarus these 2 guys apeared and said they can take newcomers to space.
they got a few newcomers and killed them in space and looted them.

SO IM WRITING THIS FOR ALL NEWCOMERS !

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH RANDOM PEOPLE IN SPACE !!!!

IF YOU HAVE A MENTOR ASK THEM FOR SPACE TRAVEL!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A MENTOR, GET ONE ! IT HELPS!

anyway it should be set a bounty on their heads.

it's a shame some are discouraging new people from the very first days of playing EU
SHAME!

Don't travel to space with someone you don't know for free. Or, if you do, whenever you go to space don't carry loot with you.

pretty much this.

Or submit a support case whenever that happens. It is against the EULA

It's against the forum rules to name & shame I think.

Either way, I'd suggest to remove the names and just send that picture to MA support describing what happened. That is clearly against the EULA.

The part, where player actions interfere with other participant ability to enjoy the game.

the real shame is mindark encouraging this, and promoting space and doing their damndest to make people lose their real money to people who have no shame.

i dont know why mindark are so hell bent on making people steal fro eachother, they know it will make people sad and leave, and their respons to it is to further promote it.

this is what mindark wants.

i will not remove the names i prefer a ban on forums and let the people see the evil persons around !

there are alot of newcomers that got ripped off loot and they confirm this is true. so ...

Lol what can be looted from newbies? :laugh:

So today at camp icarus these 2 guys apeared and said they can take newcomers to space.
they got a few newcomers and killed them in space and looted them.

SO IM WRITING THIS FOR ALL NEWCOMERS !

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH RANDOM PEOPLE IN SPACE !!!!

IF YOU HAVE A MENTOR ASK THEM FOR SPACE TRAVEL!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A MENTOR, GET ONE ! IT HELPS!

anyway it should be set a bounty on their heads.

it's a shame some are discouraging new people from the very first days of playing EU
SHAME!

+rep for naming and shaming such behavior! two :thumbup:

Why the hell would they even do that?

Logically, I assume the profit for doing this would be marginally slim - if any at all. Certainly not worth the time. The only thing they're doing is ruining the good faith of noobs.

But for gods sake, they're not even wearing pants. Don't trust pantless people, people!

Looking at the stats of those ******* it looks to me those Avatars are specialy created for doing this"job" :(

Looking at the stats of those ******* it looks to me those Avatars are specialy created for doing this"job" :(

true they are troll avatars made for this :/

Logically, I assume the profit for doing this would be marginally slim - if any at all. Certainly not worth the time. The only thing they're doing is ruining the good faith of noobs.

But for gods sake, they're not even wearing pants. Don't trust pantless people, people!

...what she said! running around pantless is just wrong, running around pantless with an ugly avatar tryin to scam new fellas...deserves a ban ffs!

the real shame is mindark encouraging this,

But they're not encouraging the deception of other players for personal gain.

and promoting space and doing their damndest to make people lose their real money to people who have no shame.

Promoting space, yes.
Doing their best to cause players to lose what they've earned/put in to other players, not quite. They easily could though.

i dont know why mindark are so hell bent on making people steal fro eachother, they know it will make people sad and leave, and their respons to it is to further promote it.

When did you become an insider of MindArk, privy to all the views and opinions the employees have on what they're "hell bent" on "making people do"?
I'm fairly sure if they wanted to run a virtual world with a RCE, this would be a terrible way to go about it and if they did, it would be a vastly different experience to what there is in-game in the past and present.
Also, source on where they promote scams and players causing the game to be significantly less fun than it can or should be, please?

this is what mindark wants.
If this were true, they would want to run out of money due to a player base that only decreases due to seeing people scam or due to being scammed.
And judging by what people experience, losing money is the last thing MindArk wants.

MindArk could very easily cross IPs and start banning main accounts. The problem is they don't want to.

Thanks for reporting.

But they're not encouraging the deception of other players for personal gain.

Promoting space, yes.
Doing their best to cause players to lose what they've earned/put in to other players, not quite. They easily could though.

When did you become an insider of MindArk, privy to all the views and opinions the employees have on what they're "hell bent" on "making people do"?
I'm fairly sure if they wanted to run a virtual world with a RCE, this would be a terrible way to go about it and if they did, it would be a vastly different experience to what there is in-game in the past and present.
Also, source on where they promote scams and players causing the game to be significantly less fun than it can or should be, please?

If this were true, they would want to run out of money due to a player base that only decreases due to seeing people scam or due to being scammed.
And judging by what people experience, losing money is the last thing MindArk wants.

Still, the actions described here are not a scam. ITS perfectly fine according to Mindarks rules of space. And thats the disturbing bit.
These players provide the service they promise. The scam is how Mindark designed space.

they could simply restrict space travel until u have reached a certain level or maybe only after u graduated.

but as u guys say MA won't want that.

they could simply restrict space travel until u have reached a certain level or maybe only after u graduated.

but as u guys say MA won't want that.
Not a very good plan, i like to fly my disciples around to see other planets while they are disciples, and low lvl, free items for them from the starter missions :)

Don't trust pantless people, people!
But, but, i'm not wearing any pants right now :<

Still, the actions described here are not a scam. ITS perfectly fine according to Mindarks rules of space. And thats the disturbing bit.
These players provide the service they promise. The scam is how Mindark designed space.

Now that I think of it, no the actions described are not a scam.
The lack of information prevents it from being a fraudulent offer.
Although the deception which causes an interruption of players' entertainment is where is does break the rules.
MindArk, from what I have gathered, developed Space to be a separator for planets and decided that an element of risk was necessary to balance out the distribution of items, like how Mineral X is much more prevalent on Planet A than Planet B.
So, getting down to technicalities (which you started to do here), there is no scam at all and the people in the wrong are these 2 players offering a service, while legitimate serving what is offered, is detrimental to other players' entertainment, causing violation(s) in the ToU.
The rules of Space itself, those are simple. You can enter space and are at the risk of being killed and be looted. Even comes with a warning. Nearly every other rule in the area designated Space is the same as anywhere else.

So, contrary to your claim, the rules aren't a scam and nor is the design.
I fully agree with you on everything else though.

Thanks for the heads up...

Not a very good plan, i like to fly my disciples around to see other planets while they are disciples, and low lvl, free items for them from the starter missions :)

But, but, i'm not wearing any pants right now :<

well yes thats true :/ i agree not a good plan. oh well i'll advertize in camp icarus whenever i have the chance about not travelling in space with random people

Thanks for naming, I'll make sure to notify people if I see those in newbie places.

Definitely not for profit, that's a classic griefing. Some people just can't help holding their inner asshole in.

These two were being named at Twin today. Its assholes like this that damage the reputation of those of us who try to provide a safe space transport service and it really needs for all of the experienced people at Icarus to warn the noobs there about these two. Hopefully, that will happen.

MindArk could very easily cross IPs and start banning main accounts. The problem is they don't want to.

Thanks for reporting.

Problem is they can't prove it's not 2 guys sharing the same pc

Definitely not for profit, that's a classic griefing. Some people just can't help holding their inner asshole in.

Indeed. It just keeps astounding me that people don't just choose to grief other players, but as in this case, go out of their way. spending time on executing their plan only to grief soft targets.

There's no challenge. There's little to no profit. There's a whole lot of stupidity.
These kind of people need some serious therapy.

this does seem a bit like shooting oneself in the foot. I mean ffs, like you said, newbies don't have a lot of loot, secondly, its as if they are trying to get people to quit, no other alternative.

The one without a bra had a little argument with Norwegian a few hours before that OP and lost.

Wonder if he was looking for some easier target to let off some steam.

Back