FYI: Smuggler Armor

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
The Smugglers showed up at RadioArkadia's party a few minutes ago sporting some nice Smuggler Armor.

smugglers.jpg

Cheers,

Menace

Already on entropedia, from the item description this armor is obtained from missions and it's bound to your account. Cannot be traded.

So Onciest's design finally got real, more or less.

Basically yes. ATM there are no missions to obtain it however they were speaking something about the IFN basically not having colonists best interests at hand so I'm guessing it'll be implemented soon via missions. And storyline about IFN vs. Smugglers etc.

I'm guessing the missions will be costly. We saw the uproar when easilly obtainable Viceroy stomped out the MU of Gremlin.... If you could basically buy the mats for Smuggler for say 2500 PED and hand them in there would be outrage amongst many...

Menace

Last edited:
I have been asking Dave not to bind it, but he is determined it will be bound so if your set has crap TIRs you are stuck with it

The true question here is, will the finalists of the original smuggler armor design competition get something? :cool:

:laugh:

True words, indeed.

Wrote up a thread over on EF asking Mindark about the subject. Can be found here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ccount-bound-mission-rewards.html#post2600861

The real question now is, how good of a item can be awarded this way? with 105 ranged protection, although not being a contender for great pk armor, is a really significant player in the robot hunting armor space.

Best regards
Zweshi

my dodge is higher than my evade so this armour is aimed squarely at me, i should be happy right?
i bet the ppl that sell the looted/crafted arkadian L armour i use against bots will be happy now, its markup was pretty low as it is. :p

uh this armor can be bounded to me all the time :D

is the mission available allready ?

If a PP was to get pissed off with MA about something this sure would be a good idea for them to bring out to try and bring MA down knowing MA would fall for it not really thinking beyond tomorrow.

The true question here is, will the finalists of the original smuggler armor design competition get something? :cool:

:laugh:

Well I set up the whole Smuggler armour concept, presented it to Ark studios and then set up the competition. It would be nice to get a set.

I can understand binding free gifts and low level rewards, but why bind something like this? What is the reason?

I can understand binding free gifts and low level rewards, but why bind something like this? What is the reason?

As said, if this becomes a mission reward and costs half the price of a set of Angel UL to do, I would be selling my Angel armour quick smart!

I think its too early to Draw any real conclusion yet.
A few factors we still need to see, like does anyone know the tt value of the set? it could have even lower tt then the RX optac.
And then the cost in mats to get the hole set. Someone mentioned 2.5K and half the pric of Angel UL.
At 2.5k i could consider getting a set, but 10k? I seriously doubt that i will pay 10k for an item wich is bound.

:broke::scared::bowdown::tower::dance:

Will this be the future of EU?

A few points to address concerns:

The Viceroy quest will remain permanently, it's the Skull Candy edition that is short term. As of this coming update (due Tuesday) players will be able to hand in their armor to get the TT value returned if they so wish (we do listen to your feedback hey!)

The Viceroy quest gives a very good example of how these types of quests for bound items work. Needless to say that the stats on the Smuggler armor make it obvious that it will be a much more costly and arduous quest than the Viceroy. People speculating that this armor would be introduced at half the cost of Angel or even 2500 peds is simply way off the mark.

These quests are not designed at all to appeal to the players who want the cheapest option (as is highlighted by the Viceroy quest, a budget conscious player will always choose the Gremlin armour).

The benefits to the economy by creating a broad base of demand on many items that otherwise have little value is a key consideration.

These quests have a major part to play in the story development of the planet and especially in developing the identity of the players who undertake the quest. Simply put, if you see someone wearing that armour then they are a genuine Smuggler, not someone who purchased the armor from auction.

The quest for the Smugglers will be much more involved than the Viceroy quest. It won't simply be a matter of collecting resources, but rather a broad mix of story driven missions, instance raids, resource collection, task completion etc. It is being designed to take a considerable amount of time to complete with a variety of rewards that are focused on developing the players identity as a Smuggler.

Quests that include bound items are by no means designed to become a major part of the Arkadian nor Entropian economy. It is anticipated that these quests will appeal to a portion of the community but not all. So if it sounds like it doesn't suit you as a player, then likely you are not who the quest is designed for. We want the game to have a broad appeal with different options of gameplay.

Arkadia has a great many quests in development (some of which you will see in the update following next weeks update).

I would encourage people not to jump to conclusions about the doom of the Real Cash Economy, that is definitely going to remain as the central tenet of Arkadia and EU.

I hope that has helped clarify our position and I look forward to bringing you lots of exciting new gameplay involving the Smugglers of Arkadia.

Dave

David thank you for your reply. The question still stands will these missions be for items that will be bound to the avatar and if so why?

Sorry but I can't see how my response wasn't directly answering your questions? Yes the Smuggler armor will be received as a bound set via missions. As to why, I do believe my response answered that.

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread....lbound-nonsense)&p=69107&viewfull=1#post69107

Last edited:
On the other end of the scale you have the Enkidd Howler S.4, which has completely fucked up the price for "tagging" weapons.

Calypso chose to drop hardly any Bravo's. Another planet chooses to offer a tagger as a craftable weapon... So? Did the market GET fucked up? Or WAS it fucked up to begin with?

Menace

On the other end of the scale you have the Enkidd Howler S.4, which has completely fucked up the price for "tagging" weapons.

Did it? I recently sold my old trusty Bravo for roughly the same +130 I bought it for 6+ years ago (replaced it with Baringer SR47 I bought for +1.5k). Sure there are cheaper options on auction but it's not because the price fell so low, just because people aren't patient.

Calypso chose to drop hardly any Bravo's. Another planet chooses to offer a tagger as a craftable weapon... So? Did the market GET fucked up? Or WAS it fucked up to begin with?

Menace

But marber's don't come with SIB.

Did it? I recently sold my old trusty Bravo for roughly the same +130 I bought it for 6+ years ago (replaced it with Baringer SR47 I bought for +1.5k). Sure there are cheaper options on auction but it's not because the price fell so low, just because people aren't patient.

I would say so, since the price for both the howler itself and similar items have gone skydiving. The market is saturated with them. I'm not saying a handful or even a lot of them would be "bad" for the economy. But atm there is an endless stream of them coming in.

As of the "6 years ago" argument. Well. I would like to buy a few items for what they sold like ten years ago. Doesn't mean the price for those items haven't been "fucked up" after VU10. Because obviously I compare it to what it was once. While you might say That price was equally stupid compared to even further back in time.

Let's just be friends and have everything at TT...

But marber's don't come with SIB.

I would say so, since the price for both the howler itself and similar items have gone skydiving. The market is saturated with them. I'm not saying a handful or even a lot of them would be "bad" for the economy. But atm there is an endless stream of them coming in.

As of the "6 years ago" argument. Well. I would like to buy a few items for what they sold like ten years ago. Doesn't mean the price for those items haven't been "fucked up" after VU10. Because obviously I compare it to what it was once. While you might say That price was equally stupid compared to even further back in time.

Let's just be friends and have everything at TT...

the howler needs quite some skill to use though. it's not for everyone. Maxed out at level 60 plasma sniper...

Last edited:
So is this armor out yet? Is the mission active?

it will come out in 2014 if they release the one whith first 3 stats compared to angel and depending how much peds you will need to gather the set owners of like angel, jag, tiger, and mayby even shadow range protection will cry alot.

basicly those armors will go to shit in value.

is the smuggler armor mission active yet?

BUMP for news :cheer:

Back