Dear MA...this game has finally become unplayable for me.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I am so frustrated right now, that I want to rant in my usual tone, and rage quit, and tell MA where they can shove thier bugs...but I won't because I know it won't get me anywhere.

So I am going to say a few things as nicely as I can.

Today, all day long, and for months actually, I watched as half my friend list was booted from game every few hours. I got booted from game every few hours, too. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. It was horrible today. Even when I survived the lag for 30 seconds (and most of my FL didn't, so I know it was MA's end, and not my end) after the lag stops, I was hit 12 times and often killed. This has happened so many times, I just can't take it anymore.

How can you not fix this??? How can you not fix the hit-box bug???

Frankly, I know you just don't want to. If you did want to, it would be fixed.

You are getting a large amount of decay from these lag spikes, and even MORE from the hit-box bug, and from crashing people out of instances All over the universe it is still occurring. I select my mob, and even on perfectly flat ground, when I auto-fire, the gun just stops as its searching and trying to walk forward...even when the mob is right next to me, I am not able to shoot half the time, and the mob still hits me the whole time.

This simply just isn't fair. It isn't fair that after I am 1k ped through a hunt with no global, and all of a sudden I am missing non-stop, and getting 4 nova's in a row on 2k hp mobs, and getting excited because I know the global is coming soon, than all of a sudden I CTD and when I relog, the hunt is forgotten and I have to burn another 1k ammo to get to the next global. It is the equivalent of the pit-boss trying to change dice on you halfway through your turn at he craps table.

It happens when crafting too...after a long run has been at 2% success for an hour, I know that it will balance out before the end of the run...but now, it DOESN'T because I CTD'ed before the global or hof, and when I re-log and continue clicking, its back to standard 4-5% success for hours with no global. Trust me, anyone who hunts or crafts enough knows exactly what I am talking about here in terms of knowing when something is coming. And when you force CTD on us during long crafting or hunting runs, you are hurting us.

When I log in and my avatar has a little luck, I CTD with-in 20 minutes, and after relog, loot sucks. When I log in and start losing, I won't CTD for 5 hours...Why is that???

You had time to fix it, you could have simply rolled it back prior to you messing it all up, but you refused, and I want to know why. It is NOT because of some lame excuse you made about different hit-boxes on different parts of the mob. First of all that is unbelievable that you would alter existing logic anytime before implementation. So I feel that that story you fed us is an outright lie, and you want us to have to jump around to shoot half the mobs, and when we finally are able to hit it, it runs the whole way to me before I can get off another shot. Then when it's right next to me, I still can't shoot it half the time. The only possible explanation is that you want this to be occurring.

I am so sad that this is how you are treating us. I just can't play like this anymore. What used to be a great time for me is now just an endless loop of frustration, and others feel the same way. With the auction lag, the hit-boxes, the endless 30 second lag spikes, the CTD's, it is just too much for me anymore, and I regret that you haven't cared enough to fix these things. Your failure to do so has honestly just left me with a sick and disgusted feeling in my stomach over what is going on here. Today, I have lost all desire to play this game. It is simply just too broken, and you refuse to do the right things.

Last edited:
The list of bugs grows longer each day. The number of dissatisfied customers grows everyday. It's time the CEO of this company made a statement about how he plans to fix all the bugs or he should step down.

oh dear and very sorry read indeed.

It's a bit a like trying to pack up smoking though. The first two days are the hardest, get through two weeks and you're home and dry :)

That aside, I'll be back when I see some really positive news. On the plus side, I bought my kids new tablets for Christmas (one each), and still got money left at the end of the month.

Rick

This game got more bugs than all other on-line games together!
Is your only task MA to destroy leftowers of your loyal player base?

Completely understand the frustration, I have the exact same experience as you do. Never been more frustrated in this game.... and I have been around for 10 freekin years :)

Someone's gonna loot an ASI TEN tonight...........

:ahh: I couldn't help it

The lag spikes are ridiculous. My gun just freezes up, and then 20 seconds later I've taken a 20 attacks from the 3-4 argonauts that were on me... Must be even more frustrating with bigger mobs. But this is nothing new... lag spikes have been around since I started playing in 2004-2005... same with loot lag. The auction lag not so much, not sure why that started.

I'm not too familiar with this hit box bug. I do notice that some mobs seem to have strange hitboxes though. They don't seem to cover the entire mob as you would expect them to. Don't know if I'd call that a bug. Not to mention a lot of these mobs dance around and are very hard to hit no matter how "skilled" you are at point and shoot. Frustrating.

Can anyone confirm this CTD thing? Does it really affect your loot returns / crafting success rate / etc? :scratch2:

I have seen that happen a lot too but I am at arkadia and I dont seem to DC here but when I visited caly to pick up some materials to do some tiering I was crashing like crazy

big changes are coming in December in EU... at least on RT, and possibly other locations?

Any, and every time there are 'big changes' happening the bugs start crawling out of the woodwork as Entropia Universe's creators start knocking down walls where the bugs live in order to create new walls, lands, etc.. every single time... I really, really really think the bugs are tied to the dev tools used to create continents/planets/domes/asteroids - bugs buried deep enough that they aren't detectable until a PP or MA starts heavily changing things... usually 1-2 weeks before massive changes.

Happened every single time a new continent/planet did big changes... Medusa Head, various planets going live, etc. Welcome to the "dynamic" part of Entropia Universe.

Someone's gonna loot an ASI TEN tonight...........

:ahh: I couldn't help it

I really wish people would quit saying this lol....because god forbid, I actually do loot one, people will think that this was why, and not because I cycled and lost all the ped that I did :)

On, another note, after I re-read what I wrote, some of it might be purely conspiratorial, but the problems remain the truth.

Not sure how long u played ZPF, but the amount of lag spikes in the past were not even close to the amount we have today. Yes they always happened, but never this consistently, and it seems to me to be almost intentional.

- "Let all the hunters die or take 12 hits of decay every hour or two...times 5000 players, times 24 hours, times 30 days...that gives us an extra 4,752 dollars a month!"
- "you get a cookie"

And the hit box issue...fine it's not a bug, but it's a massively present nuisance. Those that only hunt the caly mobs that they fixed might not notice it as much, but I want to hunt: Pop dragons, Code Demons, Kamaldon, Magurg, Flesh Rippers, Possessed Wolves, Skeleton Quartermasters. NONE of those are fixed. And lots of mobs on caly are still screwed up too, but they did make an effort to fix some of caly's mobs, even though they didn't do shit for the other planets.

And I forgot to add another annoying thing that just drives me crazy...5% of the mobs I kill end up doing that stupid circle around me (remember the old feffoids that ALL used to do that?) if you don't move, it slows down the kill time substantially. Why is this happening still?

It just finally became so overwhelming today that I went over the tipping point, and it just became more painful than it is fun.

Last edited:
- "Let all the hunters die or take 12 hits of decay every hour or two...times 5000 players, times 24 hours, times 30 days...that gives us an extra 4,752 dollars a month!"
- "you get a cookie"

The fact that thoughts like this pops up shows that there is something really wrong/broken going on at Mindark...

You're not alone Sunsout

I am more pissed off that when I squeak out a minor win or two, it is followed by -50% multiple losses. Inexcusable. This game can make money by leaning on those who could grind a mob for hours and if nothing big happens, you would retain your player base if there would at least be an understanding that I should be around 80-90% returns. But now, my game play (and others) is about figuring out or guessing the "juice value" of the mobs I am hunting within the first 5-10 kills and then having to change it up when I keep getting no loots and junk. I shouldn't lose 200 ped on a 400ped hunt in 1 hour. NEVER.

Why did u feel the need to be a smartass?

is that because you stopped depositing? like you said you would in another thread :p

Did you read the OP for this thread or............just couldn't resist being a fucking smartass?

The other thread and this thread are 2 completely unrelated threads, each with their own complaints/issues.

Instead of trying to derail the fucking topic and being a fucking flamethrowing troll, you could attempt at being constructive instead of destructive.

Ask yourself this before you make a comment again, as no matter what you flame on I will no longer reply. I fucking refuse to become a forum troll and have found that you just cant fix stupid..

With that being said, ask yourself if anything that the op was about was wrong or untruthful.

Then recall before trying to outwit me with a smartass response that......I'm not playing that game with you.

Then its time for you to apologize to the community for being a troll, wasting their time and the OP's time.

Then you should apologize to the OP for trying to derail his thread with your stupid ass antics.

Warmest Regards,

LB

is that because you stopped depositing? like you said you would in another thread :p

I'm sure all the bugs were caused because of him not depositing.....

If you read the whole OP I'm sure you would've understood the thread and then been able to comment something else than a useless fucking timewaste like this reply right here.

Edit: LB was quicker :)

Sunsout: i can really relate on the lag issues. I was trying to do the 40 SEG daily hunt mission and i died 4 times on one second entity. Four times! That's never happened to me, even when i did deliberate revive killing a few times for fun years ago as a "weak" hp avatar.

It would go something like this: tag the SEG and keep firing. Half the shots simply wouldn't register (no miss, no hit, and these are targeted using the mob bar because after the hit box "improvement", there's just no way to consistently manually target a jumping SEG. So i lose half my dps from that as it approaches. Then there's the little pauses as it tries to aim a the hitbox, even though it's already pointed a the hitbox. Another fraction of my dps is lost.

I switch to arson chip when it's in range, and switch back... only it doesn't switch back. 2-3 seconds later, on the third or fourth try, it switches back to main weapon. By then the SEG is hacking me to pieces. Then there are the "fail"ed shots, one per mob usually.

I fly back from revive, and pick up my vehicle... only it doesn't pick up. I wait. And wait. THREE MINUTES LATER it finally goes into my inventory.

I've never gotten so frustrated with gameplay before in the 8 years since i started participating (BTW happy birthday to me last month i guess).

I asked in soc chat about it and it seemed few were having similar problems (they're mostly in Europe), so it may be that this is a combination of the server lag we've seen lately with things like auction and inventory and that ugly problem with the telia connection to the US nodes that has reared its head in the past. I didn't do a tracert to check, though.

The point is that it's time to implement "client friendly" features that have been overdue for years. I can always count on being outdamaged by European teammates if we have weapons of even remotely similar DPS; it's been that way for years. It's time to decouple the rate that repetitive things happen from the round trip network rate.

These measures won't resolve the issues with the servers, but it will make the customer experience more fair and less frustrating.

These are just two obvious things that should be implemented that would make a huge difference:
  • when autouse tool is activated, the autouse should be serverside, not client side, and remain active during desynchronization of up to a few seconds. In the past this had the potential undesirable side effect of wasting shots, but now that untargeted shots don't use ammo, there's no more hangups. This would give everyone the true dps their weapon should have, and smooth out the little hiccups when engaged with a mob.
  • When server/client synchronization is lost for more than the few seconds that autouse remains active serverside, the mob may not attack. It's only fair if the player can't attack that the mob can't attack.

These are just two obvious things that should be implemented that would make a huge difference:
  • when autouse tool is activated, the autouse should be serverside, not client side, and remain active during desynchronization of up to a few seconds. In the past this had the potential undesirable side effect of wasting shots, but now that untargeted shots don't use ammo, there's no more hangups. This would give everyone the true dps their weapon should have, and smooth out the little hiccups when engaged with a mob.
  • When server/client synchronization is lost for more than the few seconds that autouse remains active serverside, the mob may not attack. It's only fair if the player can't attack that the mob can't attack.

Basically if you lag out you go into an unreachable state just like a stuck mob... no more lag deaths. I like it.

And auto-use tool being server-side should have been implemented right along with the change to not decay / use ammo on un-targeted shots. I have no idea why they wouldn't have done this.

As always I expect that these suggestions will go unheeded or at least get sat on for years :(

It would go something like this: tag the SEG and keep firing. Half the shots simply wouldn't register (no miss, no hit, and these are targeted using the mob bar because after the hit box "improvement", there's just no way to consistently manually target a jumping SEG. So i lose half my dps from that as it approaches. Then there's the little pauses as it tries to aim a the hitbox, even though it's already pointed a the hitbox. Another fraction of my dps is lost.

I switch to arson chip when it's in range, and switch back... only it doesn't switch back. 2-3 seconds later, on the third or fourth try, it switches back to main weapon. By then the SEG is hacking me to pieces. Then there are the "fail"ed shots, one per mob usually.

I fly back from revive, and pick up my vehicle... only it doesn't pick up. I wait. And wait. THREE MINUTES LATER it finally goes into my inventory.

I've never gotten so frustrated with gameplay before in the 8 years since i started participating (BTW happy birthday to me last month i guess).

Thanks for the great post! That is exactly what I am talking about :)

On another note...

I picked up this great work of art today....I call it "lag-fucked":

No...it means that I will go do something that requires no depo, and no hunting...like mining alt all day...which is boring as hell, but at least I won't get lag fucked on decay and I certainly wont have to depo :)

It's MA's loss if they don't want to fix lag, fix hit-boxes, start treating depositors better, and stop people from trapping. It ain't my loss. Until they fix that, I am not dpositing and will still have a little fun in game, but I am done pouring in the depo's for now. That's for damn sure.

I don't know any other game that is so unstable and full of bugs.

The new redesigned areas looking really great, but it's time that MA start hiring some developers that can write decent stable code.

I have the feeling they have all designers instead of developers.

I was helping out a noobie around yesterday, but after 2 crashed he gave up and was going to unistall the game again, and I really couldn't blame him.
MA is putting a shitload of money in advertising, but what good will that do if ppl leave after less than 2 hours due bugs and crashes?

that is the problem we are the customer... and we should be treated like one... with respect and MA should try to do things the customer wants... instead... we have entropia universe...

Funny,

Today I logged in for a total of 3 mins before I was bored.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
C
I have seen that happen a lot too but I am at arkadia and I dont seem to DC here but when I visited caly to pick up some materials to do some tiering I was crashing like crazy

yeah its only on Calypso guess it's the many players that are causing the Dc's

:mad: lag yesterday for me around 1800 to 2000 cant remember the time was so heavy i thought my pc died or something. went on for about 30 secs some poor guy hunting near me died, i didnt but took like 20 1 dmg hits so i wished i did die now. never crashed yesterday though although alot people on my fl list got kicked many times. Starting to think now i was merely a cash cow yesterday after my losses :(

Support cases, support cases! I have submitted mine asking for a new Halloween Candy box which failed with the lag and disconnect. Maybe it's time we get financial rewards for every disconnect and lag that costs us money. I would like to see an official response to this thread by MA! The CEO needs to step up and say hi.

Completely understand the frustration, I have the exact same experience as you do. Never been more frustrated in this game.... and I have been around for 10 freekin years :)

we play BUGtropia :laugh: whats wrong why do all complain :scratch2:

MA should concentrate on fixing the game starting next year.. no events.. no new shit.. just fix the freaking game.. i wouldnt mind... i wouldnt even mind if it was same as it was 2006... if it just worked better

MA should concentrate on fixing the game starting next year.. no events.. no new shit.. just fix the freaking game.. i wouldnt mind... i wouldnt even mind if it was same as it was 2006... if it just worked better

Couldn't disagree more, the game's dead if they do so. Tho' fixing what needs to be fixed has to prioritised to the most asap e.g. server stability, and not like this year fixing for a sake of fixing.

Last edited:
I agree on the lag spikes, it's extremely frustrating. Tbh, I can tolerate when loot is bad, because that is expected, and it's my choice how much I want to spend. But lag and bugs is what really bothers me the most, since I can't really do anything about it (unless I stop playing, which I don't want to).

A smooth gaming experience is the most important for me, and lately it just hasn't been, unfortunately.

The point is that it's time to implement "client friendly" features that have been overdue for years. I can always count on being outdamaged by European teammates if we have weapons of even remotely similar DPS; it's been that way for years. It's time to decouple the rate that repetitive things happen from the round trip network rate.

These measures won't resolve the issues with the servers, but it will make the customer experience more fair and less frustrating.

Great with some good and constructive suggestions.

The first part I completely agree in, and I think it would help a lot. Great suggestion and +rep for that one.

The 2nd part (player becoming unreachable or mobs stops attacking), I'm not sure I'm too fond of. The problem is it'd be abused, and I actually don't think it's fair that the mobs can't hit you, if you 'unplug' your wire.
Maybe MA could do it for a shorter period, or find some other countermeasures. Maybe it could work in some form. Not sure.

The list of bugs grows longer each day. The number of dissatisfied customers grows everyday. It's time the CEO of this company made a statement about how he plans to fix all the bugs or he should step down.
While I agree, there are still too many bugs, it's not true that the problem is increasing.
Entropia used to be way more bugged than it is these days.
WAY more. Both the number and severity of the bugs are smaller now. (but it's still a problem, ofc. Just don't exagerate)

Couldn't disagree more, the game's dead if they do so. Tho' fixing what needs to be fixed has to prioritised to the most asap e.g. server stability, and not like this year fixing for a sake of fixing.

I disagree with u 100%.

Its exactly what they need. 1 Year of no new shit, just a year of number crunching and going over the bugs and ironing them out. No new planets, no new continents, moons, features. just fix what we have, get the game stability where it should be, balance out the loot pool, distributions, and all the other thousands of things the players have complained about..

Not what MA things the players want changed.

We don't need new textures on mobs.
We don't need new mobs
we don't need new areas
we don't need areas redone
we don't need new guns/items
we don't need new whatever else

what we do need is
bugs fixed.
Loot system actually balanced (fix this wave looting of items crap)
Remove exploits from the game or officially accept them as strategy. (A comprehensive list needs to be published and maintained by MA officials)
Get taming online ffs
Get the Melee amps in place
Get the content out that PPs submitted the last 2 or 3 years that has never surfaced.
Fix the bugs that the bug fixes and above caused.

Fix text and missions.

Get support supporting and not copy pasting.

Then those of us who were very avid depositors MIGHT start to deposit or reinvest again.

I say all of the above because its what I believe is needed, you can agree or disagree but In my 3yr of damn near 12-18hr a day this is what I think.

LB

Back