Question: Did MA change the way armor works?

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
I read in the cat 4 complaint thread that MA removed "unexpected damage" or whatever it was called, the reason this caught my attention was because I got hit for 90+ by a Rextelum strong yesterday with Jarhead+5b, whereas they usually only do MAX 60, which rarely even happens.

Perhaps its time to start manually comparing numbers, as I've used Entropedia ealier, and look up a better armor for the mobs that I hunt (Rex, Prot, Feffox, Aurli, Atrox, sumima etc)

From what I understood from what people posted, they changed so you actually need to protect more like the mobs actually do damage (which really makes more sense, to be honest) instead of being able to overprotect on one type of damage while neglecting another :dunno:

MA don't Listen to complains or barely takes any complaint into account like they dropped Atrox EGG.... One day you will have to sell your loved or essential things like your Home or Car to play this game as its getting expensive with month-on-month

I think it's a good change, it easier to understand and it's working like most player think it have done. Less confusing. What I'm wonder about, was this a bug from the start and just now fixed? :silly2:

MA don't Listen to complains or barely takes any complaint into account like they dropped Atrox EGG.... One day you will have to sell your loved or essential things like your Home or Car to play this game as its getting expensive with month-on-month

Joined September 2013 ... You must have plenty of experience then to come up with such a line ... ... ...

I think it's a good change, it easier to understand and it's working like most player think it have done. Less confusing. What I'm wonder about, was this a bug from the start and just now fixed? :silly2:

Yep, I easily understand that my armor/fap bills are 30% higher now on some mobs :yup:

Bugs that cause MA to lose money never stay around for a decade, so most likely they only recently decided it's worth a change, while scraping at the bottom of the barrel and patching up even tiniest leaks.

Yeah, with Proteron, now need to use Pulsar Armour plates 4 (L) to deal with the 50% acid dmg, which makes prots a lot harder now :(

for the mobs you listed and the armor you have you have a serious lack of acid protection :ahh:

and yep MA made hunting alot harder (expencive) for noobs who dont quite know the system. it seems MA gives and MA takes.

for the mobs you listed and the armor you have you have a serious lack of acid protection :ahh:

and yep MA made hunting alot harder (expencive) for noobs who dont quite know the system. it seems MA gives and MA takes.

Then maybe a downgrade to Gremlin would be better.. and cheaper!

As Sky says eh ;D

Because this does not involve loot, I think MA should say how things are but as always, they are not willing to attend for their players and answer questions they refused even to write something in the new VU change information.

I think that is a bad style to behave as they do. :twocents:

Yeah, with Proteron, now need to use Pulsar Armour plates 4 (L) to deal with the 50% acid dmg, which makes prots a lot harder now :(

I can agree that is no fun that suddenly it get much more difficult, but at the same time the purpose with different damage types is that it will require different types of protection. It would be cool, and I would not be surprised, if they added some mindforce chips that gives the avatar some kind of protection field against the different damage types.

Or maybe teamhunt them and play pingpong. You can do this naked without a fap; provided you have some range on your rifle.
For every thing MA does you can either pay more; or say BS and make sure they feel a loss of income.
If they lose income; they will revert the changes.

For every thing MA does you can either pay more; or say BS and make sure they feel a loss of income.
If they lose income; they will revert the changes.

Damn I already stoped hunting because of bad markups I cant stop it because of that stupid change :eek:

Yep, I easily understand that my armor/fap bills are 30% higher now on some mobs :yup:

Bugs that cause MA to lose money never stay around for a decade, so most likely they only recently decided it's worth a change, while scraping at the bottom of the barrel and patching up even tiniest leaks.
that 30% increase I bet isn't because the armor change but because the aggro change when they charge even on a MISS at first shot, and ninjas jump you even before they landed...

Also seen a pretty extensive raise in defense costs due to this, hunting with or without armor

Damn I already stoped hunting because of bad markups I cant stop it because of that stupid change :eek:

Look on the bright side. If it weren't for this thread you would not even have noticed the change in armor then :D
I didn't notice it either; since I one of those idiots that likes to skill healing instead of wearing armor. And if not doing that, hunt things that drop dead before reaching me.

Let's see if I got this right.

So, apparently, now armors with more widespread protection are better than the ones with high protection of say the typical imp/cut/stb or pen/brn ???

So gremlin, ghost, jarhead,... suddenly got more attractive?

Let's see if I got this right.

So, apparently, now armors with more widespread protection are better than the ones with high protection of say the typical imp/cut/stb or pen/brn ???

So gremlin, ghost, jarhead,... suddenly got more attractive?

its not so much about armour as plates, but yes, those armours (or plates) offering wider range of dmg types may be better on many mobs. they've fixed how plate protection works as far as i can tell.

it shows they do get round to these things in the end...

Back