Info: Radar in lootable pvp zones.

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
Already some time passed after radar was disabled in lootable pvp zones. More and more people are talking about that, asking each other why it was disabled... People did like pvp with radar much more then without it. I will name some reasions why radar should be returned.
Radar should be returned, because atm it is too dangerous for people who camp mobs or mining - some people runing around, clicking "select next target" with fap in hands and looking for miner and hunters. Miners do same, they take fap to hands and click "select next target" after each bomb droped, some hunters trying that too. But... that dont help if someone hiding in other side of tree, hill, stone or so and waiting for you to kill some mobs/drill some claims and trying to loot. Just like that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHewfvO-Lc
Radar should be returned for one more reasion - pvp activity. With radar much more people where going to pvp, it was much more fights in pvp4, people had fun. I do not think that radar should be returned to pvp4 only. Pvp3 and some other planets pvp zones should be with radar too.
Got question to MA - How many people where hunting Mulak`fs, Muluk`hirs, mulmuns, attackers before radar was disabled and how many after that?! I am sure, that radar would bring more people to pvp zone for hunting, mining.. How many people are doing primordial longu in pvp3? Few. How many doing daily bload claw mission? How many hunting hispidus in pvp3? I can tell - few a month. Isnt that stupid?

What happened when MA turned radar off?! People who did spend most peds hunting inside left. Epic fights like this gone and ever repeats http://www.twitch.tv/zverys/c/1936994

I know what some people will say - pvp without radar is much better, because low lvl players can hide more easy, but it is not true. I did talk with some low lvl players who try to mine there - most of them are unhappy about no radar, because they get shot even without chance to escape.
Some will say that people will TP around all day long looking for GDs if radar is on - yes it will be like that. But even with that it is much more safe to hunt or mine then without radar AND they spend monay for Mind Essense (peds for noobs who sweating, peds for nexus miners) while TPing around - that is better then hiding all day without spending a pec too.

So... Most of people who spend peds inside lootable zone are unhappy. Most people who do nothing, exept trying to backstab miners/hunters are happy.
Question is - who are more important - people who go to pvp only to loot some from others and even never fight (exept when they know you got loot), or people who trying to mine or hunt there each day?

If MA care about happy players - radar should be enabled. If MA care about more peds spend in pvp - radar should be enabled.

Thx to "Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos" for great sample why lootable pvp without radar is unfair and no fun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmw3SqPGsLY&feature=youtu.be

P.S. If you reply to this post. Write yours name and YES or NO for radar in lootable pvp zones. (i do not make vote, to avoid people votes who never ever go to lootable pvp, only living in forum)

People who would like to have radar enabled in lootable pvp:

dutch fluske
Tamosiunas
Cerb Hulk Beris
Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
Acronoid
Kestutis Kestukas HOF
Lola Ulpuana Lola
don mitnick
Norian Norian Xx
Linas LGer Ger
Shaman 4400 Salvation
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
Durakk Jung
oderd soder soderstrom
Vova Vovan Daskov
Zayka Sduba Poprigayka
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Dessa Dessa Dj
sasha sale stormy
Princess Nika Paun
Lester Worm Murphy
Admir Ado Skornja
angelhenx
Phill F2X Simons
Darcy Aeris Wood
Sevvy
eddric massive slasher
ranja ajnar aja
Dante Ghost Bleach
Tas r0ound Tadas
KTM
Skelethor Skel Hadesguard
Tina Abuyin Walther
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
Haylie DuoDuo Xu
Chainsaw Voorhees Madness
Lady Jennifer Art
Sachi
Chris Enzo
Warvar Mortal Wild
Chillbanan swedish monkeyboy
Filip f3f18 Andersson
Rvalldrgg Ugly Xerx'iq
Durakk Jung
ijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Tomas NoX Paslaptis
Erkle dilly Dillyston
Devastating Vodka lindsey
dan trin
Zweshi Xavier Maccoy
Richard Dirk Tomlin
Aurora Linzey Zamperath
daniel danny laville
little red gunzy ridinghood
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
Rattler Llama Simpsons
h4mmer 4nd s1ckle
Chi Sun Xiu
Kamonpach BKK Empress
pupuliukas pupa uoga
James Jimmy Stryker
Blue Corvette Velvet
Wallfie
the_prophet
Mr raxxor Swedir
Montekis
Pecka ecka Martinek
Wesley Wes Valivill

People who are happy without radar:

Karolina Zlotko Borkowska
Xen
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
Siim SanSiim Ots
mai isma apari
Raven Lunchbox
Belzabu Belza Garcia
Nor Alien Euqcab
zina
Sativex Sensi Star
jaro dymek dymek
xxxredbaronxx
Resnis Resnis Tusnis
Talania Tal Indigo
BigRedMachine Kane
Edward Magyar Republic
Angel Shadow Heart
Senegalo Ruskov Molotov
Limoilou Supreme NTM Stars
Pete Longmorn
AL Killmore
MeGa93 MeGa Dark93

Last edited:
yea,i would go to pvp4 if it had radar

YES for radar!!!
YES for radar!!!
YES for radar!!!
YES for radar!!!
YES for radar!!!

From when I still mined back in Pvp4; if you can see GD's, you most of the time have time to tp away in time.

Also since there have been nothing but exploits because of the radar. Ava creation screen, move next target and what abou the ones we don't know about?
If people can Wallhack in CS and even avoid VAC detection; how hard is it to hack the files in your graphic folder and make every ava a beacon of light, visibible for miles (quite literally) away...

So I say radar on in PvP; but don't allow vehicles; the latter is no fun; and I might try to find some pyrite again...

Simply disable "select next target" in non-radar pvp.

So I say radar on in PvP; but don't allow vehicles; the latter is no fun; and I might try to find some pyrite again...

ofc, we dont need cars there

Simply disable "select next target" in non-radar pvp.

that wont change a fact that people who never spend a pec for fun will keep trying to get peds from people who hunt/mine there and spends peds all the time, even worse - people with loot wont get even small chance to find people who stalk them and more people will leave pvp

Yes for the radar. Was way more people in PVP4 back then, and much more fun.

that wont change a fact that people who never spend a pec for fun will keep trying to get peds from people who hunt/mine there and spends peds all the time, even worse - people with loot wont get even small chance to find people who stalk them and more people will leave pvp

The other side to that is, if radar is turned on the teams you run in there become practically invulnerable. I know you want to hunt without people being able to sneak up on you, but isn't that the point of pvp, risk?

The other side to that is, if radar is turned on the teams you run in there become practically invulnerable. I know you want to hunt without people being able to sneak up on you, but isn't that the point of pvp, risk?

according to globals in pvp before radar turnign off and now, it decreased like 90%.

so people dont hunt at all.
1st decrease was when ores was removed.
2. after radar rutned off.
so these two things destroyed PVP.

p.s. even removing gazzurdite from drones destroyed drone as a mob for newbie players

You are wrong. Teams we are runing in pvp got higer advantage without radar. Then with radar. Big team can tag more people, so without radar u see targets for 400m.
Now about me wanting to hunt inside - yes, you right.
Last thing - lootable pvp risk. Here everyone can have they view. I do not say "turn lootable pvp off", right? I am saying that atm risk is too high for people who spends peds. With radar it will be same risk to loose loot, but it will be more FAIR risk, because u will see yours enemy same second he will see you. Not likw now - when u hunt yours gun sound, ANIMATION (especialy lasser, plassma, MF chips) is visible from realy realy big range...

YES to radar in PVP4 , NO to POLICE radar's IRL

<removed>

People who camp lootable pvp should be able to design it so it works best for them?

I can understand Hulk's points, but imo with radar on and no vehicles it makes it too easy for low skilled players to mine and unless you're an idiot the only risk of being killed is if someone randomly tp's near you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not hard to understand why player-hunters prefer radar. With radar, no brains required. Without radar, more RL skills and strategies are involved. Disabling radar hasn't decreased activity by miners. But player hunters have to work now for their loot and they actually have to look around at the game instead of just staring at the radar all day. The price of pyrite is still about the same as when we had radar in PVP4, and I don't think Pyrite is dropping more frequently than before... if anything it's a lower ratio than before... therefore as much mining as before.

OK I wasn't going to write this post BUT I still am going to.

I think most of the guys that were active in PVP4 before they suddenly disabled the radar in there know WHY they actually might have done that (ok maybe some people still don't get it here...). I'm talking about the 24/7 team of the Lithuanian friends, CCCP guys, DoA and so forth that always had basically all the individual people that were in the zone marked and ganged up on them (1v3, 1v4 so on). You always had your asses covered and kinda had a monopoly on the place. I'm sure there were many people that you scared away from PVP4, because they just didn't have a chance.

Now with the radar disabled I don't really see the problem here for you... You still have the huge team possibility to mark the targets and have your buddy at your back and so forth. Do you really have anybody in the zone that you are afraid or what?

Like in other games with PVP or such there usually is no radar, or if there is then like for a short period (FPS games). In Entropia the players were kinda spoilt with the radar in the first place if you ask me.

So, long story short, the only tweak I could see atm to make it better in the PVP zones with disabled radar is to disable the "select next target" thingy in these zones.

And no offence to the potential people mentioned above, it's just that I love you so much and hoping to meet you in the near future. :sniper:

<removed>

People who camp lootable pvp should be able to design it so it works best for them?

I can understand Hulk's points, but imo with radar on and no vehicles it makes it too easy for low skilled players to mine and unless you're an idiot the only risk of being killed is if someone randomly tp's near you.

Xen, do you ever go to pvp? First of all - yes, people who playing in lootable pvp know best what is better for players, they know that much better then people who never go to pvp or MA programers who think that it should be better. People want FUN, so saying what is bad.

And you are wrong again. It is not MY point. It is player who play inside of pvp point. Im just saying it load.

However - you didnt say if u want radar off or on yet <removed>.

It's not hard to understand why player-hunters prefer radar. With radar, no brains required. Without radar, more RL skills and strategies are involved. Disabling radar hasn't decreased activity by miners. But player hunters have to work now for their loot and they actually have to look around at the game instead of just staring at the radar all day. The price of pyrite is still about the same as when we had radar in PVP4, and I don't think Pyrite is dropping more frequently than before... if anything it's a lower ratio than before... therefore as much mining as before.

Everyone who think that radar should stay disabled - should say it clear, i will add to first post too. However, clicking "next target", making team for targeting others - it is not RL skills :) Mabie miners activity didnt went down, but hunters did for sure. And if u think that shooting mob + keeping one eye on radar isnt RL skill - mabie u didnt try that at all? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep radar disabled, add me to red group :) Karolina Zlotko Borkowska

Funny, cause mostly WSS players vote for radar on - i know you had won top MM places, and with bunch of uber faps and peds, you would try to dominate on pvp again - you wish that :)

I remember, when radar was ON, most of your mates play there, then withdraw tons of peds from the game - seems Biogenic bussiness is not as profitable as you expected, thats why you push MA to turn radar on BACK - then all your soc mates can hunt/mining there safe...

If you want "just fun" make fort events, or enjoy rig.

Yes, only if you promise not to hunt me down when im on my Pyrite mission ;).

(ps. just like us miners needed issues to be resolved, i bet this is high on the pk'ers list.)

I vote yes for radar :yay:

Ok, to be more clear, I think they should leave radar off, disable "select next target" and disable team targeting. The only way you should be able to detect someone is natural means, see or hear them or their weapons.

And just because you haven't seen someone in a lootable pvp zone doesn't mean they haven't been there, and don't understand how the game works, especially if they've been playing 8 years...

Ok, to be more clear, I think they should leave radar off, disable "select next target" and disable team targeting. The only way you should be able to detect someone is natural means, see or hear them or their weapons.

And just because you haven't seen someone in a lootable pvp zone doesn't mean they haven't been there, and don't understand how the game works, especially if they've been playing 8 years...

maybe when a finder/driller makes more sound.. ;)

Yes for Radar.

Loss of the 'GD' was a disappointment for a lot of players.

NO radar.
More fun that way.

Yes, get that radar back.

but also make the land more or less flat... :cool:

No for radar, also no for shit returns in there :O

Forgot to also add my vote for "No radar".

I think this is one of the bigger issues when MA do something, they remove one tool
but keep others, ending up with a total feature (pvp + lootable this time) that is more
or less mediocre...

Imo, any interaction where we are able to loot another participant should be way more based
on RL skills than ingame features like those Xen mention here.

Back