I played for about 4 and half hours and I was just thinking.....

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
How long would I continue to play if I stopped getting globals. I was looking at Thor Thor Mighty and saw that he had two five 5 digit globals two days in a row, a 15K and 11K I think it was. I am playing my butt off and can't even get one of those baby globals on a argo guardian for 30 ped.

How long would go before you gave up. I am not sure myself I just wonder how long one could take it. I do have to say that I didn't really loose my butt as the loot was ok. I think though that I only made money on one run and that was less than 5 ped and my losses were minimal with the largest being around 30 ped but considering that I was only doing 50 ped runs 30 ped was quite a bit. I hunted mid level Mulmum, troopers and argos . Nothing real big but not like snabbies.

How long could you take it?

Well I managed for several years, I've got it in my sig and it's verifiable on Entropia Life where my globals don't go past one page.

Before that my average was one global every three months (I was a depositor back then as well) where in vu9 I was only hunting atrox (pre adjust), atrax and argos.

Last edited:
well my first global came after ~4months playing, so I'd say longer than that :)

First step on the way to conciliation is to stop looking how others are doing. And then just keep going.

Hconsidering that I was only doing 50 ped runs 30 ped was quite a bit. I hunted mid level Mulmum, troopers and argos . Nothing real big but not like snabbies.

well, i rage quite every 1-2 years and park my avatar for 3-6 months at a time but what i do notice about your strategy is that it seems risky to me, 50 ped runs (if its not a typo) on mulmun or troopers seems low. i try to make runs of 100+ mobs to give myself a decent chance at a global, so if i do bigger mobs my runs are more ammo with a larger gun. for mobs of around 1K HP i would normally do 300 ammo +/-.

svarog is a smart man and his advice is good too, i try to tell myself that the people getting those huge loots have probably cycled a lot to get it and deserve it, and it gives me hope that i can hit a nice loot some time too.

calendar time and your hunting run sizes are all completely arbitrary

How long would I continue to play if I stopped getting globals. I was looking at Thor Thor Mighty and saw that he had two five 5 digit globals two days in a row, a 15K and 11K I think it was. I am playing my butt off and can't even get one of those baby globals on a argo guardian for 30 ped.

I fully understand where you are coming from but you have to remember one important item here when you see these massive large globals:

How much money did they loose on that hunt to get those globals?

Since loot return is around 50% to 70% these days, you can total up those globals and add 30% to the total value and that there is what they spent in the last week if not day on hunting/mining.

One way to think of it anyway :)

i play one two months every 6 months or 6 months every two years at the and is like i was subing if you div what i drop in those feuw months every two years.

but golden rules dont play if you cant afort.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not comparing myself or play style to others it was just a simple question.

I was in the 250ped+ (500-600ped on larger mobs) runs and at the top I had 87 globals in one week on rexs. I know this because it was a BIG weekly event and they kept track. For several weeks I usually had at least 40+ per week. One guy had over 150 in the same event. I did that until I ran through 6000 ped, including all the loot and globals in one week and had to depo. That's when I started the change. And I might add have depoed very little in the past 4 or 5 months like 2 or 3 times and 100 USD or less.

Also the question was for the players who have had decent weeks of play where they are getting 10-20 globals a week and then it just quits.

When I first started I didn't even know what a global was and like one of the other players I was several months before I got one. Then it was probably 2 or 3 months before I got another. Hell, I remember calling a buddy of mine at work to tell him that I got 20 ped off a Snablesnot Male old 2 days in a row in the same place. BTW that was camp caravan before the scenery change.

My question was after you get used to getting a 10-20 globals every week and then they just stop. Maybe another way to say it would be what would it take for you finally give up on the game, and I would be sure that if you were making 500 ped a week it would be never.

Hope that make sense:).

well, i rage quite every 1-2 years and park my avatar for 3-6 months at a time but what i do notice about your strategy is that it seems risky to me, 50 ped runs (if its not a typo) on mulmun or troopers seems low. i try to make runs of 100+ mobs to give myself a decent chance at a global, so if i do bigger mobs my runs are more ammo with a larger gun. for mobs of around 1K HP i would normally do 300 ammo +/-.

svarog is a smart man and his advice is good too, i try to tell myself that the people getting those huge loots have probably cycled a lot to get it and deserve it, and it gives me hope that i can hit a nice loot some time too.

I'm about ready to rage quit.........

Since loot return is around 50% to 70% these days [..]

I call that bullshit and have three years of detailed logs to prove it, along with others who log and can confirm that return is around 90% long-term.
Stop spreading such revelations and start (correctly) logging your tt returns.

I call that bullshit and have three years of detailed logs to prove it, along with others who log and can confirm that return is around 90% long-term.

Happy to hear that you have no short-term loot issues. Keep up the great work!

I'm about ready to rage quit.........
I actually think this is healthy. A nice break now and then is good for the soul and the mind! :beerchug:

loose big, win big......:silly2:

I personally know he had huge losses like 5 hours and 2 globals of 50 ped with MM for several weeks so he was just due those hofs.

Happy to hear that you have no short-term loot issues. Keep up the great work!

We all experience swings with lows and highs, but few bad runs do not justifies generalizing about low returns.

Every now and then somebody on these forums states that returns are 50-70% but funnily they forget to post when they have 120% run or two.

Maybe your avatar has 90% long-term. Mine and his apparantly have 50-70%.
And in my case that's using maxed L guns + fitting amp to shoot for eco.

We all experience swings with lows and highs, but few bad runs do not justifies generalizing about low returns. Every now and then somebody on these forums states that returns are 50-70% but funnily they forget to post when they have 120% run or two.

I get one of those 100%+ ones sometimes, but very rare (used to be more frequent, as was my global frequency, used to be quite easy to hit a global each day, now i need on average 4 days with same turnover to hit 1 global), long-term it's nowhere near 90% (mining was worse, closer to 40% last 50 runs i recorded, crafting even worse, so i simply stopped those).

Last edited:
I playing 10 years and not have problem width the game. Complaining only nobs ;)
Find your own seret way to gain ingame. Maby you should consider trading.

I playing 10 years and not have problem width the game. Complaining only nobs ;)

Kestukas, if you really wanna complete ban from PCF - why not ask mods about it?

Kestukas, if you really wanna complete ban from PCF - why not ask mods about it?

Nah, that's our brave pirate Ernestj. Ernestj, it's you, right? :)
Or maby™ Kestukas=Ernestj, who knows...

How long would go before you gave up. I am not sure myself I just wonder how long one could take it. I do have to say that I didn't really loose my butt as the loot was ok. I think though that I only made money on one run and that was less than 5 ped and my losses were minimal with the largest being around 30 ped but considering that I was only doing 50 ped runs 30 ped was quite a bit. I hunted mid level Mulmum, troopers and argos . Nothing real big but not like snabbies.

When I started hunting I stupidly hunted Argos. No mu and bad loot. They are kind of like trox, you need to do a lot of killing for good returns. I hunted them for arounc a month or so and then went to miner bots where I got my first hof of 1.2k ped or something. Nice mu L gun and some ore as well. I have only globalled once on Argos for around 80 ped. I haven't ever gotten anything else from them.

Why does everybody think I am complaining:scratch2: I never said I was complaining I was just asking a simple question nothing more. Jeeze!

When I started hunting I stupidly hunted Argos. No mu and bad loot. They are kind of like trox, you need to do a lot of killing for good returns. I hunted them for arounc a month or so and then went to miner bots where I got my first hof of 1.2k ped or something. Nice mu L gun and some ore as well. I have only globalled once on Argos for around 80 ped. I haven't ever gotten anything else from them.

I was just the opposite had great luck with argos. Had my highest HOF with them and have got many globals and a few HOFs plus I seem to be lucky with loot, in general, with them. On the other hand I can not get anything going with miner bots they just take my ped :).

He is talking about Thor (you named him first ;)

I thought he may be talking about the other guy because his ATH was BIG and he was a relatively new player but are probably right:).

Just a little update. I played again yesterday for about eight hours total and still no globals. However, at the end of the day I still made about a 130 ped profit for the day. I made anywhere from 2-3 ped to 25-30 per small run(50 ped). As I use UL equipment this included all decay so the amount net-net-net:). Needless to say if I could do that 70% of the time and not take a real blood bath on the other 30% I would play forever:). By blood bath I mean 300-600 ped on the bad days where the net is -500 ped for the week. At the end of the week a +/- 100 ped would be great.

Nah, that's our brave pirate Ernestj. Ernestj, it's you, right? :)
Or maby™ Kestukas=Ernestj, who knows...

Ernestj-Goldy have Oxford English compared to that primate.

come lets get you a global or perhaps a hof :) Bring 1500 ped ammo and go to nymph kill the 74/82/90 lvl mulmuns, with a simple gun its a 3 hour run, with a big gun maybe 1.5 hours. If you do not global I will eat my hat......mmmmmm scratch that I have been fapping people before who spend 4k ped in ammo alone without a global.....still youw ill stand a chance on a nice global :silly2: it is just the bigger the input the higher your chances (just fooling around I am tired from fapping)

come lets get you a global or perhaps a hof :) Bring 1500 ped ammo and go to nymph kill the 74/82/90 lvl mulmuns, with a simple gun its a 3 hour run, with a big gun maybe 1.5 hours. If you do not global I will eat my hat......mmmmmm scratch that I have been fapping people before who spend 4k ped in ammo alone without a global.....still youw ill stand a chance on a nice global :silly2: it is just the bigger the input the higher your chances (just fooling around I am tired from fapping)

Thanks Trifle you are a sweetheart, however I have kind of been there and done that. And really I don't care about the globals as I am sure they will come and like I said I made a profit without them, which I might add I have had globals on runs (bigger runs) and not paid out like you mentioned. Anyway nice sentiment:).

Back