Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Elite
    Mini MiniM Mine
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are contradicting yourself - with no risk yes you are having all people selling at caly - with a high enough risk people would actually be selling on the planet they are on and dont bother carrying their stuff through space - leading to people actually living on planets instead of just hunting there once and then carrying everything back.
    Universal auction for sure would allow everyone to trade goods for caly markup, but what you fail to see is that there would be more avaiabilty to all and less markup after all risks applied (since there wouldnt be any).
    Next to the programmed avaiabilty and need of materials - cost, time, effort and risk are the determining factors on how much markup you can ask for a certain product - diminishing those factors will diminish markup and your chance on turning your 90% tt hunt into a profitable one.

In the early days of space calypso items have been selling for huge additonal markups on other planets, but the more people started figuring out how to dodge the systems risks, the less those markups became.

Materials from other planets were selling on calypso for higher markups too and those were decreasing ever further the more people started dodging risks in space.

You are getting your riskfree gaming experience when you stay on a single planet, its your choice when you want to take a risk for greater reward or entertainment, without it its all just a larger single planet with different textures.

The risk free current space (after applied 'bypass') is what truely kills other planet economies.
    I'm not contradicting myself. What would happend is that people would stay longer at one planet and cycle more ped since they can just sell it in the universal auction. If you bring more risk into it most will just fuck it and stay on calypso to get their loot sold. Many of the players that RT/Cyrene/Ark/Monria recruits now get told pretty quick that if they want to sell their loot for the best markup possible or markup at all calypso is the place to go. This is because the lack of buyers on other planets than caly.. I'm just replying from a phone so wont bother with a long reply..

And please, feel free to learn me more about markup and hunting because I haven't done much of that in my EU career.

Stalker
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Images
    I've always thought that privateers and motherships are way overpriced. But keep in mind it was the speculating players that drove these prices up so far, tho perhaps Mindark helped it along by showing amazing pictures of epic space battles.

I agree though, space needs some serious overhaul. Hopefully the taming and stuff this year will go faster than expected and they can get to space development sooner. The good thing is there are tons of great ideas players have thrown around over the last 3 years. We can always hope, right?

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Bridget Lokia Parker
    Society
    Alpha WildD3amons
    Images
    I personally think support should at least give a cheap copy-and-paste answer instead of completely ignoring cases just because they happen to be about any particular area of the game.

MA can I request a new support department, maybe pay them on commission for solved support cases. Then we might see some actual support in game.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    When you deposit and use the money for game play, that's entertainment.

When you deposit and purchase an asset, something that will earn money, that's an investment.
    the problem we have there too many poeple thinking investment that were is the most of the problem

too many chief not anouf indian

all i see now is a way they get new stuff out for a money grab oh look at this this is a nice investment

we need more players cycling not investors

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    My opinion too sadly because the concept is cool.

Just poor implementation. If MA removed space tomorrow I wouldn't care at all.
    Agree, most ppl I know wouldnt miss space either.

The concept they presented years ago was exciting, the real thing now seems like a misfit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aridash View Post
    you cant have bigger plans than those others have, which are focused 100% on the FPS space sim experience. i dont believe MA have the creativity to do something different or unusual (space pirates... actually might work simply because its so naff).
    The space in EU don't need to be as good or better than games that are pure space games, it's the combination of space, planets and avatars that should be good.
    Enhancers, Cloth, Furniture
    The Kallin Shop on Arkadia , Celeste North 4, Celeste North Harbour

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think one way of increasing space activity would be item drops on space mobs for motherships/quads etc. New weaps, maybe shields, improved thrusters etc.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    RedEye
    Society
    SuF
    Images
    uhm kk, so

1st point: item drops exist, space is the place with the highest rate on ESI and Generic Fuse drops.

2nd activity : what you expect from empty space ? there is nothing and nothing will ever be there because it is space !! space is like a ocean, what you hope to find in a ocean ? Atlantis ??
    Its a area to transport persons and goods from A to B.

3rd player activity in space : why people should hunt there, its ways to risky due its lootable pvp and ways to easy to shoot down even motherships. quad continously decaying in fights etc.......

4th remooving space ? : well the largest (limited) Item industrie is for space, before 0.0 was remooved the WW's and RK-5 were a super seller with ~30-50 pieces or more per DAY. Space thruster, Sleipnirs and Quadwings are demanded. we have already a economy problem with a leak on crafteable items (im talking here about pedback and not if its possible to click it !). so well if they remoove space eco will shrink more and to be honest we have big big economy problems.

People lost to much since they introduced the new lootsystem. making profit is almost not possible anymore.
    auction is slow and even my ores doesnt sell anymore like they used to do.

EU has quite bigger problems then just space.

But 1 thing was clear from beginning. Privateers (former hangars) and Motherships always been overpriced and this isnt MA's fault(mu always player made). Atm i can see some MS are for sale but not selling anymore.

The other thing is we can see now as Example AUD are kind of scam but its aswell not MA's fault.
    They been launched by Arkadia Studios and MA isnt able to forbid because they have aswell contract rules they re binded. but we see how this game begins now to change when its all about money anymore..........

EU was definately better before 2013, and others say i should have played in 2005

The golden times are gone guys, realize it !

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    I am seriously concerned that I made a poor choice when I decided to invest money in EU and purchased a Mothership. I am increasingly aware that MA see space as the poor relation...
    They really don't seem to know what to do with this 'waste of space' between planets. Every VU we live in hope of something new to help revitalise it.. do they even read the suggestions made by players?

Now we have the roadmap.. 2 years of what is to come (yay ..surely something for us spacers)
    I scoured it.. every word..several times.. but nothing for space ..again

Is my frustration showing... hell I hope so.

and btw MA can we fix seating on the motherships so it works.. seems you busted even the few that did, as well as screwing up how people sit in vehicles, beauty chairs etc.. It is the stupid little things that really get to us..
    Oh Granny

I had so hoped with you it wouldn't come to this. That fire of enthusiasm, optimism and hope that new investors in space bring is so often ebbed and eroded away. I loved your passion coming into this when you first bought Kronan ( a ship which I have always had fond feelings for from the very early days when Normandie and Kronan would dance for hours with Jetsina and I at the wheel... I digress... ).

It was great to see Kronan in the hands of someone who was really becoming immersed in space and all that that is.

However, it's almost like the elephant in the room. Or like when a new inmate joins the asylum Its great to see such new fresh enthusiasm, but get that sinking feeling in the back of my mind that its only a matter of time before the disillusion begins, the shine wears off, and we can only but hope that there is still something about those twinkly stars that keep you here, and not for the cycle to begin again.

And the hardest part? That all of that is so easily prevented. If only space was seen as something worthy of some developer time.

People even mock now when the space goers question why nothing in being said on the road map about space, possibly unaware that such lack of enthusiasm for the space they created, or even a hint of whats to come, causes such disillusion.

As you know, I'm a major space fangirl and have over the years stuck up for it tooth and nail! But after the years and years of promises, failed promises and then no promises, it does make you wonder why MA give it so little love, and I can completely see where you are coming from.

So many people have sent such great innovating ideas over the years regarding space, some pants, but some that would really actually make such a huge difference. Sometimes they do listen, and after many months or sometimes years - dire needed suggestions will be implemented - eg rear gun turrets. Fabulous!

But there comes a point of wondering how much is too little too late. How often can ships change hands to new fresh faced eager investors, ready to experience all that space is, if space itself won’t live up to the promises.

This is the first time I have saw a thread where more people an interest in actually wanting space to become more dangerous.

Imagine a space that’s vastly huge, with warping ships cutting tracks across the stars, while small ships battle their way across jump gates and zones to safety. Choosing black holes to disappear down, not knowing where you may re-appear, could be a short cut, could be dangerous. Imagine jump gates like forts, can be fought over and won, by pirates where “none shall pass” or by the good guys, securing trade routes.
    Imagine asteroids for hunting, imagine player owned “space areas”.
    Imagine space instances, where you take your ship through a galaxy of challenges, dodging the asteroid field, the locusta swarm, before finally meeting the space boss mob.

Space could be so much more than that bit between the planets; we all know there are enough of us up there who truly love to be in space, even in its current form!

Space could be so many wonderful things for the game, not only providing the platform for planets to grown and thrive with their own economy, but a fabulous hub in its own right, to be explored and enjoyed.

Space has come a long way since the start ( remember when it was small and pink!?! ) and I think it was always supposed to be awesome - its just lost its way. That its potential has always been there, just never been given the time that it really needs to become all that it possibly can.

As others have said, having its own team of developers who work purely with space would be ideal, but I guess currently not economically viable. Instead of space being its own profitable business, its that bit on the side, or as granny put it - the poor relation.

Sorry, I went on a bit there. Home made cookies if you got this far I will always love space and all that it is, even in its current form, hanging onto that glimmer of hope that one day MA will make space all that it should and could be
    Last edited by Alainax; 05-31-2014 at 19:15.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    We can always hope, right?
    Right
    Quote Originally Posted by JD RACING View Post

we need more players cycling not investors
    Investors in space also cycle. Particularly the ones in this thread who are joining this discussion. The big lumps of pixles they buy consume stuff Gold and oil from the miners ~ Warp drives, thrusters, RK's and Wire from the crafters ~ then there is the thousands of peds cycled by the space hunters.

There are some space hunters who cycle thousands* if not more peds each week up there. For so long the loot was atrocious - 40% returns were the norm. Things seem to be stabilising, and now it is becoming more common to break even. But it should be better than that, people should be encouraged to spend money up there.

* I know thousands is not much for some planet hunters each week in the grand scheme of things, we just need more people to be encouraged to spend on space - but its catch 22, get more people to cycle in space to increase the loot pool - they get crap returns so stop hunting in space...
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast