Why do rare items "rain" drops instead of being more evenly distributed.

KyrismaStarsong

Stalker
Society
Synergen
This topic goes along with my other thread here....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...or-new-releases-to-different-times-of-the-day

...and it's the same kind of question for the same kind of issue. When I look at todays tracker, before I'm home from work of course, I see the Eomon blood samples (newly spawned eomon mind you, thus the link to my other thread) rained down on a lucky few all in the span of about an hour and a half, many falling within seconds of each other. Granted, we don't even know what the blood samples are for yet, or how many they're will be, but they're a rare item and probably worth something, so to be sought after aye?

But to my real question, Why do we continue to have such predictable results with new items, (and other "rains" too like esi's), and why doesn't anybody seem to care about spreading things out a little bit? It's seems like it's always all or nothing with this game and if you're not always the tip of the spear then it's nothing for you.

The itemwave system has been broken for a while..

I have asked about that many times..........:popcorn:

Well, if it's as you say it is, where most of the available blood samples have looted already, then it's kinda frustrating because some of us actually have to go to work to earn a living and can't be online during the opening minutes of when an event starts.

Yep just as much as the first respawn wave of eomon dropped 100+ ELM guns, almost of all of them were looting some so i agree there is a hole in the system and as u can spot this, you got your hand on gold

Granted, we don't even know what the blood samples are for yet, or how many they're will be, but they're a rare item and probably worth something, so to be sought after aye?

Only 1 really rare iten droped so far the Imp angel feet

The samples are part of the mission mentioned by MA this morning.
They are worthless (in ped) because they have to be returned to the NPC

It seems that Blood samples will drop for the duration of the event ( just like rotten pumpkins or robot pieces)
So we didnt loose anything for being at work

It seems that Blood samples will drop for the duration of the event

That's good news

What do we get when we turn in the blood samples??

I'm at work and missing everything!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Blood samples will drop for the duration of the event ( just like rotten pumpkins or robot pieces)
So we didnt loose anything for being at work

They still drop in waves. And probably will be less frequent loots until turned in.

Last edited:
That's good news

What do we get when we turn in the blood samples??

I'm at work and missing everything!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know that hasnt been announced yet.
So far these have been looted:
Sample A : 30
Sample B : 16
Sample C : 2
Sample D : 1

eomon_blood_samples.jpg

lets grind some tonight and find out

Indeed, it is quite silly...
We saw this on Eomons too, 3 * Jag Helmets in 10 minutes (or was it 4?), and then the Lacerating chips.

I was out hunting earlier, was doing like shit, trying to get the blood samples, so i quit... right after we TP'd out with my healer after the last kill, i said "i bet them bloodsamples will start raining now"... not to be too surprised, a flood of about 30 of them starter literally 1 minute after i said that.

And then nothing.
Yes, this is a very stupid way to distribute items.

Oh, and then there were the E.L.M edition guns, rained down at the beginning on every loot, then just stopped, and nada afterwards.

This to me, doesn't sound all that "dynamic".

It's like the event system is adding the items to the distribution list but the loot system doesn't have any control on when things get released.

We've had this for years, remember when they had Nvidia graphics cards in the loot and one person looted the majority of them.

They need to release items in fixed intervals so that one drops every 100 kills rather than every 10 minutes. Atleast then people can't just wait for the next batch to be released to start killing.

I seem to remember seeing similar things with system wide globals, nothing for a few minutes and then a sudden deluge and then nothing again.

Sample A : 30
Sample B : 16
Sample C : 2
Sample D : 1

Let's hope that people turn the samples in Daily, in that case they will continue to drop.

Having said that, I guess now that some "smart" people who's into winning the event, who got a bunch first hour, will keep theirs until the last hour to prevent exactly those additional drops...

Back