ComPet Bulletin #1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
h6q422msjslq6sri70cl8ix6k22ow9t

MindArk is proud to announce that the auction of ComPet deeds is going very well, with over 1 million PED worth of deeds already acquired by participants looking forward to being part of the ComPet project. The MindArk team has been both thrilled and encouraged by the great amount of interest shown in ComPet so far! In this announcement and throughout the development cycle we will be sharing lots more information about the ComPet system, including design plans and concept art.

We have also collected a number of relevant questions received from support cases and community discussions, which we hope to answer in this inaugural ComPet Bulletin.

Why is MindArk creating a separate game on a different platform?
We have learned from our marketing efforts that many potential Entropia Universe participants are lost before even logging in to Entropia Universe due to inadequate computer requirements, internet bandwidth, or other factors. ComPet will give potential participants who are interested in the concept of Entropia Universe’s RCE-MMO but are unable to play the full PC version a chance to experience at least some part of the uniqueness of Entropia Universe.

It was announced that in the free-to-play portion of ComPet, one can win points. What are the points used for?
There will be multiple currencies in ComPet. ComPet points can be obtained through lots of dedication to the game, and used to upgrade your pets or home as an alternative to using PED that can be bought for real money.

Can you provide more information about a release date for ComPet?
Though it is hard to know for sure so early in the development process, we are currently planning for a release of the ComPet app in early 2015.

Will there be an alpha test process for ComPet deed holders?
A new game such as ComPet requires lots of testing and feedback, so this is something we definitely are considering.

Does this new project mean that MindArk’s development priorities have shifted away from Entropia Universe?
MindArk’s vision for Entropia Universe has always been about making the universe deeper and broader, with a variety of experiences and features available for participants of all interests. MindArk wishes to expand the RCE universe to improve the user experience while also creating more opportunities for participants to invest and earn profits. Introducing ComPet as a standalone game and connecting parts of it with Entropia Universe accomplishes both of those goals.
That being said, rest assured that MindArk will continue to develop the core Entropia Universe platform and content as it has done for over 10 years. Development of Entropia Universe will not be negatively affected in any way by the ComPet project.

fgj37c7w0ybrmkx8ov3ffpkjcgz5jb7

ComPet Concept Art, Summer 2014

Why are there so many different types of deeds being introduced by MindArk lately?
Deeds are a great way for our participants to engage with the RCE model of Entropia Universe in a way that is totally unique in the gaming world. Previous deed opportunities have been a great success for everyone involved, and we plan to continue offering these opportunities to our participants in the future.

Will the ComPet app be available for iOS and Android devices?
The ComPet app will be offered as a standalone browser-based HTML5 application. This means it can be accessed from any platform or mobile device that has a modern web browser.

The original description of ComPet sounded a lot like gambling. Is this the case?
ComPet will be a skill-based game with some random elements included for balancing and entertainment value, very much similar to Entropia Universe.

Will all pets available in ComPet be inspired by Entropia Universe creatures, and will all pets used in ComPet be provided by Entropia Universe tamers and stables?
While the Entropia Universe taming system will definitely be a big part of the ComPet economy, not all ComPet pets will originate in Entropia Universe or be inspired by existing creatures. Many of the low-level ComPets will be generated by the ComPet system itself so that new players can get started right away. More details on the interaction between the Entropia Universe taming and stable systems and ComPet will be announced in the near future.

How does the ComPet app relate to the reimplemented Entropia Universe taming system that was announced not long ago?
As explained in the original ComPet announcement, the ‘traditional’ Entropia Universe taming system that was disabled after Version Update 10.0 will be reimplemented, with some exciting new features. In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players.

Will Entropia Universe pets function in the traditional way, such as following your avatar, doing tricks, etc.?
As explained above, Entropia Universe pets will have all of their old functionality, along with lots of new features.

Will whips still be a part of the Entropia Universe taming process?
Whips will work as they did in the original Entropia Universe taming system.

What will happen to existing Entropia Universe pet deeds?
Existing pet deeds will continue to work, but the tamed creatures will have a unique status and cannot be tamed any further.

Originally Posted Here

finaly some info thanks berty :yay:

Will the ComPet app be available for iOS and Android devices?
The ComPet app will be offered as a standalone browser-based HTML5 application. This means it can be accessed from any platform or mobile device that has a modern web browser.

This is pretty bad i think. Being available through the different stores would offer good advertisement too. Playing mobile games on a browser is a pain in the ass..
People make game apps because it sucks to play browser games on a phone. I really wonder how they are going to make it attractive for mobile phone users.

Last edited:
And rolling the dice of statements once more we now get:

"While the Entropia Universe taming system will definitely be a big part of the ComPet economy, not all ComPet pets will originate in Entropia Universe or be inspired by existing creatures."

So it is connected, it isn't, it is again..... 2:1 for connected.

The new quote of the day must surely be:
"In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players."

So, will players go out there, tame a pet and sell it to a stable for resale into the app???
Economy connection deepened!
Edit: "Many of the low-level ComPets will be generated by the ComPet system itself so that new players can get started right away." So that means at least some other of the low-level ComPets will come from within EU.

Now we just need the 'development time' lol - and thousands of snables tamed and waiting to do battle on a browser somewhere between now and then....

[We cannae take any more snables laddie - the snot is clogging up everything!]

Last edited:
It's not just ComPet deeds that are selling, someone is buying up all the CLD too

..prices have jumped up quite a bit

And rolling the dice of statements once more we now get:

"While the Entropia Universe taming system will definitely be a big part of the ComPet economy, not all ComPet pets will originate in Entropia Universe or be inspired by existing creatures."

So it is connected, it isn't, it is again..... 2:1 for connected.

The new quote of the day must surely be:
"In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players."

So, will players go out there, tame a pet and sell it to a stable for resale into the app???
Economy connection deepened!

It is your time to put out your ideas because as you know, MA really has no idea of what Compet will be yet..not putting them down just being MA..so yes, any feed back is great!! MA would love to hear your ideas!

It is your time to put out your ideas because as you know, MA really has no idea of what Compet will be yet..not putting them down just being MA..so yes, any feed back is great!! MA would love to hear your ideas!

I'm pretty sure they have a very good idea of what it will be. No doubt there are small details yet to be worked out but at this stage, with development underway, one would have to assume they know what they are building.

I fully expect some hiccups, it's normal, people will freak out, but whatever.

Will whips still be a part of the Entropia Universe taming process?
Whips will work as they did in the original Entropia Universe taming system.

We should start introducing some better whips right now then because the existing ones mostly suck and will only be good for low level mobs. People are going to be pissed if all we can tame is noob mobs again.

Unlimited whips should immediately replace item drops of the King Kong Snubnose on RockTropia as well as Zero-Three on Calypso. The market is already beyond saturated with these guns. Additionally the low TT melee weapons on Arkadia are putting substantial pressure on the low level handguns as well as looted and crafted (L) items. Unlimited whips should also be looting in place of those blades.

Rifles and Carbines are in short supply right now.

Last edited:
This is pretty bad i think. Being available through the different stores would offer good advertisement too. Playing mobile games on a browser is a pain in the ass..
On the bright side, it isn't an "android game" anymore, which sounded like a still-born from the start. And they won't have to deal with the Appstore's limitations, so it will be immediately available on iOS (and on everything else, for that matter), and the whole thing suddenly looks like it might have a future.

You know that sticky, tacky feeling you've got right now? That's the feeling of Mindark.

Literally summed up in the statement "Why so many deeds?" "Coz you keep giving us fucking money LOLOLOLOLOL"

Unlimited whips should immediately replace item drops of the King Kong Snubnose on RockTropia as well as Zero-Three on Calypso. The market is already beyond saturated with these guns.

Since the market is so saturated, you will presumably be reducing the price of the Snubnoses and Zero-Threes you are trying to sell to somewhere near TT value.

Since the market is so saturated, you will presumably be reducing the price of the Snubnoses and Zero-Threes you are trying to sell to somewhere near TT value.

No of course not.

It might seem counter intuitive but the more they fall, the more I'll make as a trader.. My concern is for long term balance and whips seem like the obvious replacement item. With this news about whips there will no doubt be many people looking to buy and/or loot whips so they can skill and get ready.

The highest DPS unlimited whip does 6.9 DPS

Last edited:

Something about this font is... hilarious?

We have learned from our marketing efforts that many potential Entropia Universe participants are lost

Very true...

Whoo some funny looking chinese characters there :yay: I like the albino one!

Cant be bothered reading the rest :yay:

Seriously tho, good luck to them tho, I am not investing due to my personal opinion of the project but I do wish them good luck.

In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players.

You have got to be kidding me. So stables were a part of Compet and not EU? If not then how can EU and Compet be kept separate?? I am sorry but it seems really really misleading when you say one thing in one sentence and the opposite thereafter.

Anyways, if u were clear in your communication you would have got more peds for the stables auctioned. Your loss, MA :)

First off I'm really pleased there's been further communication on Compet, it provides confidence with an investment that won't be live for a while. I million peds worth of deeds sold means under 50% to go.

It answers some questions, like the game is still in conceptual design. Although I don't think that's a bad thing, MA have reskinned and rebuilt loads of EU lately such as Corinth, so visually they can put things together and have experience doing so. It will use same or similar loot systems as EU so don't need to rebuild that I guess.

I think this will appeal more to PC browser and tablet users than mobile anyhow, although mobile devices are becoming super powerful so shouldn't be too long before most phones will have no problem accessing it.

Massive plus for stable owners, they got lucky there with pets selling to compet.

Looking forward to more updates, and definitely testing it as deed holder. This is definitely "a go" now, with more than half deeds sold.

Thanks, I'm happy.

Rick

You have got to be kidding me. So stables were a part of Compet and not EU? If not then how can EU and Compet be kept separate?? I am sorry but it seems really really misleading when you say one thing in one sentence and the opposite thereafter.

Being able to sell pets to Compet players does not mean they have nothing to do with EU, though. It's simply one function they have, probably along with several other functions.

Part of EU yet possible to connect to Compet.

I think it's incredible important these pets feel real, it needs to be taken to a whole new level. Even though EU mobs realistic, I don't think that's enough for a pet game. You want to almost feel your pet breathing, with tired animation with it tongue panting or something like that after a fight. With some real cool fighting actions.

You can do this MA, really push it to your creative limits, this can be awesome if delivered right.

I don't know what's possible for browser games or demands on systems, although I'm sure there's cross pet development for what's going into EU main game as well as Compet (even if different software language).

It does worry me a bit with links to EU, as people mindsets of selling things for unbelievable amounts of money is more likely to happen in a completely different market. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Pet interaction is going to be important for attachment, not just giving it some instructions to fight. I think people will genuinely want to love their pets. So you need feedback from it out of the ring. Almost like a real life dog, you got build a relationship with it, feel like you can really respond with it.

If you can do that, I think you got a winner.

Anyway gone on enough for now

Cheers

Rick

I think it's incredible important these pets feel real, it needs to be taken to a whole new level. Even though EU mobs realistic, I don't think that's enough for a pet game. You want to almost feel your pet breathing, with tired animation with it tongue panting or something like that after a fight. With some real cool fighting actions.

You can do this MA, really push it to your creative limits, this can be awesome if delivered right.

I don't know what's possible for browser games or demands on systems, although I'm sure there's cross pet development for what's going into EU main game as well as Compet (even if different software language).

It does worry me a bit with links to EU, as people mindsets of selling things for unbelievable amounts of money is more likely to happen in a completely different market. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Pet interaction is going to be important for attachment, not just giving it some instructions to fight. I think people will genuinely want to love their pets. So you need feedback from it out of the ring. Almost like a real life dog, you got build a relationship with it, feel like you can really respond with it.

If you can do that, I think you got a winner.

Anyway gone on enough for now

Cheers

Rick
This.. With a side of awesome sauce! ;)

yeah and with its eye hanging out and half its face torn off, crying, afraid and looking at you asking "why".

Sounds great fun.

Being able to sell pets to Compet players does not mean they have nothing to do with EU, though. It's simply one function they have, probably along with several other functions.

Part of EU yet possible to connect to Compet.

Well I thought that they would be entirely seperate...:mad:

NOOOOO MY EX MENTOR SHOULD HAVE BIDDED MORE *insert raging here :censored: *

but the COMPET is Going to be part of the BAD

lol which was Stables just wasn't clear....

but I DO hope it becomes a downloadable App ...... i would think way more adverting that way

"...due to inadequate computer requirements..."

Really?

You're blaming players computers instead of your crap coding and crap servers?

Fascinating! :scratch2:

It's not simply one function, the stables owners suddenly become providers of two playerbases, and the value of stables doubles, at least.

Of course if MA in the next burst of revelations won't come up again with something completely irrelevant to previous statements :)

In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players.

Well that was an unexpected bonus :yay:

What will happen to existing Entropia Universe pet deeds?
Existing pet deeds will continue to work, but the tamed creatures will have a unique status and cannot be tamed any further.

Originally Posted Here

Unique:scratch2:

Stuck at the level they were when VU10 took away taming.......I would say that makes them worthless rather then unique.:dunce:

That is the reward for waiting 5 years for Taming to return I guess.

Im more concerned about how MindArk will pull off to integrate ComPets in the big social platforms, because its likely they will consider the unique RCE aspect as gambling.

I doubt the price for stables has just doubled with the announcement. It was said more stables will be released in the future. Lets say the ComPet game is a big initial success and more stables are needed (and released) but after one year no one touch the game anymore and the amount of stables is over sufficient for the player base.

This is just going to be so bad..

Just putting this here so I can mark my words in future.

I do not understand why they keep trying to expand when they have no fully sorted the main product.

It's good to hear that Stables have many functions and the Compet app works in parallel with EU.

About Stables values I have doubts in long term these might worth much more than auction prices, 20 SB from MA shows enough their extimation of the revenue generated by these Estates imho.

I remember Hangars+ships sold for 150k before space launch based to MA informations, now the whole package (Privateer+Hangar+Thruster) sell for less than 50k PED.

It was said more stables will be released in the future.

It was also "said" that they will eventually release (L) versions of motherships and privateers. But nope....not here yet. So take what they say with a pinch of salt.

"...due to inadequate computer requirements..."

Really?

You're blaming players computers instead of your crap coding and crap servers?

Fascinating! :scratch2:

As always, MA thinking with your ass..
I know there are many countries that are in here so that's why I inquired MA in good time to talk about what will be required of our computers before VU 10.0 when they would change the graphics engine so that everyone could prepare in good time, and rate up their computers and networks.

MA talking about this a week before and most of the players did not get time to upgrade theres computers and Net thanks to this we lost a lot of players.

And of course this is with their servers where they blamed that it was wrong on all other networks and not their weak servers.

Back