SweetFX shader Suite

3zekiel

Mature
hi there,
i would like to know if the usage of the SweetFX Shader Suite is possible with EU, and if possible, is it Allowed/Tollerated/Forbiden ?

I want to know that in order to use it to make some ingame footage, and enhance personnal InGame movies :)

Maybe you should open a support case with the question. It seems ( from what i understood by skimming the description ) to interfere with the graphic pipeline, not with the game logic however Mindark disproves fiddling in the CE settings, so it might be disallowed. However dunno if it is detectable for the game, so best file a support case and refer to this thread, an official from Mindark might even answer here.

BR

Yeah, it "interfere" with the render pipelines, so in the video flux goign from the graphic Card to the Screen.
I use it in some other games, and can "cheat" with it ( or i don't know how, as all it does is some post process like adding AA FXAA and some filters)

I will follow your advice and ask to Support with ref to this thread.

you re right, but sweetfx don't interfere with game itself, but with data between graphic card and screen monitor.
However, i've ask support via a case if i can test it, and they answer me that i can make some test with it (after show them the software and explain what it does) to see if it works and make some sort or report to them.
They told me that account may not be locked, and if my account was lock during tests, they just ask me to open a case and provide a ref number they gave me to unlock it asap.

test ended now -> sweetfx don't load since some of the file needed to proper functionality are not accessible (ie: they are packed in in a package)

I'm actually looking for some kind of graphic enhencements, and i progress slowly^^

btw, the once on the thread yo provide a link is not sweetfx, but rather Icecoldenhancer (this one use a DLL injector to do the jobs, and dll injestion interfere with the game itself in writing instructions in it, sweetfx have no injector, he just read data sended to match with the one from the GPU^^) and this one may trigger security lock due to possible hack (injection is a security threat)

you re right, but sweetfx don't interfere with game itself, but with data between graphic card and screen monitor.
However, i've ask support via a case if i can test it, and they answer me that i can make some test with it (after show them the software and explain what it does) to see if it works and make some sort or report to them.
They told me that account may not be locked, and if my account was lock during tests, they just ask me to open a case and provide a ref number they gave me to unlock it asap.

test ended now -> sweetfx don't load since some of the file needed to proper functionality are not accessible (ie: they are packed in in a package)

I'm actually looking for some kind of graphic enhencements, and i progress slowly^^

btw, the once on the thread yo provide a link is not sweetfx, but rather Icecoldenhancer (this one use a DLL injector to do the jobs, and dll injestion interfere with the game itself in writing instructions in it, sweetfx have no injector, he just read data sended to match with the one from the GPU^^) and this one may trigger security lock due to possible hack (injection is a security threat)

SweetFX uses a dll which is needed to work in games.
d3d9.dll - DirectX 9 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 9 games.

I used another tool which I won't mention but it does the same thing sweetFX does but more options like even downsampling.

The reason why you aren't getting sweetFX to work is because the client loader blocks that dll before running. The only way to get sweetFX to work properly on EU is to use a program called RadeonPro. It doesn't matter if you have an AMD card or a NVIDIA.

This program has built-in sweetFX support and with it it's possible to use sweetFX on EU. But tread lightly, you may still be locked and the automatic suspension system in place may detect it if you mess with it too much.

Search for a guide how to configure it if you wanna experiment. I've had enough headaches from this mess to never use these types of program while running EU.

G'luck young padawan.

yeah exactly, but you don't inject another dll in the game like icecoldenhancer^^
sweetfx is more like a wrapper.

i know about RadeonPro, and won't use it since this soft can make you loked (like you just say yourself, have try it in another game, and got banned, and have had hard time getting unbanned, but finaly i was^^)

Sweetfx alone is no harm for the game, but don't work without RadeonPro on EU :/

i've succeed to use sweetfx alone on some games where RadeonPro was needed, but these games wasn't protected like EU is^^ and they were not RCE type games, so nothing to lose in them^^ (contrary to EU^^)

Back