FYI: Account locked for using graphics enhancing program

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
After 8 years of playing out of the blue. Just 15 min ago it was locked and I have absolutely no idea why.

All I did today was one hunt on feffoids then logged out, and 15-20 min ago I logged in to browse auction (have been searching for kobold M parts) I found and bought myself a kobold foot guards.. from auction then I got disconnected. Bang try to log in. "This account is locked. Blabla".

WTH?! :mad::scared:

I have contacted support about it. I live in sweden and not too far from MA HQ. If they don't answer me within a week or two I'll be sure to pay them a visit about this, and see if they will have the balls to say what I supposedly did wrong to my face.

I've never scammed anyone, never done anything that would break the EULA. An Honest player, non depositor for 5 years, 3 years as a depositor and I definitely don't deserve this.

This thread's purpose is to keep you guys on the loop during this process.

Update:
Great news guys. It appears I ran a tool which injects to any DirectX9 games to improve the graphics quality. I usually turn it off before running EU but last night I forgot :hammer:

The EU client is a bit paranoid when it comes to these types of things so the account was automatically suspended.

However after I heard about this from them I explained about the program and they unlocked my account.

I will now delete this program in order to prevent this from happening again...:eyecrazy:

Well at least it wasn't the foot guards... It had me going for a bit :laugh:

Huge thumbs up for the support team for the fastest response in history. Answered me and resolved in less than a day. And it was during the weekend that's a plus.:clap:

Last edited:
Maybe wait for reply before going public like that? Probably the foot guards you bought were sold by scammed, and you will be unlocked soon.

Maybe wait for reply before going public like that? Probably the foot guards you bought were sold by scammed, and you will be unlocked soon.

Well I hope this thread speeds the "process" up.
You know one time I lost an item and since I didn't update the support case that many times it took them 2-3 months to return it to me.

Doesn't hurt to take extra measures imo.
I sincerely hope you are right though..

Well they should not lock somone for buying kobold foot Guards, TT+3ped. Then something is very wrong

Would be friggin wonderful if some1 got locked for a pair of kobold foot guards. LMAO

IF it were for the foot guards, then proper conduct would be to send letter, not instant lock.

Would be friggin wonderful if some1 got locked for a pair of kobold foot guards. LMAO

IF it were for the foot guards, then proper conduct would be to send letter, not instant lock.

ah its you again and your personal grudge against me and my posts :D (for those who dont know, search my recent posts, whenever i post, Sissi replies with exact opposite point of view)

Maybe it is automatic system that locks accounts? Then you cannot say that this item is worth locking and this not (because markup value is made up by players and not MA).
Instant lock is the best measure, because letter takes time and the item can change hands several times and more and more accounts need to be notified.

Last edited:
ah its you again and your personal grudge against me and my posts :D

Maybe it is automatic system that locks accounts? Then you cannot say that this item is worth locking and this not (because markup value is made up by players and not MA).
Instant lock is the best measure, because letter takes time and the item can change hands several times and more and more accounts need to be notified.

WTF are you on? You do know that Earth revolves around the sun and that it turn around the central blackhole in the middle of the Milky Way? Sorry if this information lifted the veil, ie the universe does not revolve around you.

Would be surprised if the lock mechanism is automatic......

ah its you again and your personal grudge against me and my posts :D

It's not you, Sissi has a personal grudge with everyone...

--/--

OnT: Very strange. I thought MAs office is closed on weekends? Perhaps they are trying out some auto lock system or something and it went wrong?

However, I've learned to listen to the full story before I take sides. Hope it works out for you.

After 8 years of playing out of the blue. Just 15 min ago it was locked and I have absolutely no idea why.

All I did today was one hunt on feffoids then logged out, and 15-20 min ago I logged in to browse auction (have been searching for kobold M parts) I found and bought myself a kobold foot guards.. from auction then I got disconnected. Bang try to log in. "This account is locked. Blabla".

WTH?! :mad::scared:

Relax. you will be unlocked soon enough I am sure, and still have the kobold part too.

If you can't even savely buy items from auction these days....

Well auto-lock system would be kinda wrong. If some scammer guy have stuff on AU. Then MA should just remove the stuff from AU, not lock everyone who buys it. Must be something else.

That, sucks. Never been locked for anything, but I can imagine it must be terrible. Fingers crossed for fast fix of that for you.

...if that ws realy footguards mentioned here MA must smoke some crazy stuff in their office then. They alowing exploiters draining loot for months and locking account for buying items from ingame auction. Hilarious :D

Worry not sub-zero, MA does that from time to time, it has happened to me once or twice as well. I was locked for no reason, asked MA what gives and they simply replied - "We will investigate". Roughly 2 months passed, I tried to log back in and was still locked. I asked MA again, what gives and they simply replied - "Sorry, your support case somehow slipped through and we forgot all about it".

Cheer up

EDIT: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

earliest on monday xD

triple edit:

with all seriousness, you'll get unlocked. You probably got a scammed item passed down to you through countless trades, there is no other way. Clearly, you are not at fault and everything will get sorted out for ya :) even though, sometimes I wish that MA would give a compensation to all the innocent people who got locked for no reason

Last edited:
Worry not sub-zero, MA does that from time to time, it has happened to me once or twice as well. I was locked for no reason, asked MA what gives and they simply replied - "We will investigate". Roughly 2 months passed, I tried to log back in and was still locked. I asked MA again, what gives and they simply replied - "Sorry, your support case somehow slipped through and we forgot all about it".

Cheer up

earliest on monday xD
And this is why I will be actively spamming them on facebook, support cases and last case scenario "knocking on their door" until this gets resolved.

I'm glad you got it sorted though, better late than never :).
I'll post pictures with support case etc once I get a response.

And this is why I will be actively spamming them on facebook, support cases and last case scenario "knocking on their door" until this gets resolved.

I'm glad you got it sorted though, better late than never :).
I'll post pictures with support case etc once I get a response.

Really? That is the way you want to handle it?
What if they found out you we're hacked and locked the account before a scammer took of with your stuff?
Be patient, and wait for a reply to the support case before going on all out war....

Really? That is the way you want to handle it?
What if they found out you we're hacked and locked the account before a scammer took of with your stuff?
Be patient, and wait for a reply to the support case before going on all out war....

There's no way I was hacked since I have a gold card and regularly change my password. And I'm not going out on "war" I'm just trying to get my account back as fast as humanly possible. And since I've had "slow" dealings with support in the past when I tried to be patient.

This is the other option I'm trying out.

Cheer up

earliest on monday xD

triple edit:

with all seriousness, you'll get unlocked. You probably got a scammed item passed down to you through countless trades, there is no other way. Clearly, you are not at fault and everything will get sorted out for ya :) even though, sometimes I wish that MA would give a compensation to all the innocent people who got locked for no reason

LMAO, "it slipped through" :girl:

Maybe it is automatic system that locks accounts?

This would be the dumbest policy ever considering the current support fail. It would be OK if they had 24/7 phone/chat/email support that you could actually talk to and get intelligent responses from, but when you don't get a reply from support for 7 days, 14 days, or even worse, they say "we won't communicate with you", it's just dumb. There are appropriate times to lock accounts but these random locking of innocent people's accounts are getting out of hand, IMO.

Last edited:
Have you checked your email to see if a reason for locking your account was provided?

This would be the dumbest policy ever considering the current support fail. It would be OK if they had 24/7 phone/chat/email support that you could actually talk to and get intelligent responses from, but when you don't get a reply from support for 7 days, 14 days, or even worse, they say "we won't communicate with you", it's just dumb. There are appropriate times to lock accounts but these random locking of innocent people's accounts are getting out of hand, IMO.

7 to 14 days? as i understand it happened today, so no reason to talk about 7-14 days in this case yet. And "we won't communicate with you" is taken out of context from case where scammer got caught red handed (MA said: The type of message shared by the OP is only ever used when we have irrefutable evidence of what has occured. ) . MA shouldnt waste their time on them.

"This account is locked. Blabla".

What exactly was there in 'blabla'? If someone guessed (or otherwise got to know) your handle, after x failed login attempts the account gets locked for y hours (I don't remember exact numbers).

Anyways, they must be overwhelmed these days as several servers have been in 'guru state' lately. I have an open SC about 100 PED of missing loot - not even a copy-paste response for two days.

Depends how many reverse trades they have to do. I'm sure you'll be back inside a week SubZero.

There's no way I was hacked since I have a gold card and regularly change my password. And I'm not going out on "war" I'm just trying to get my account back as fast as humanly possible. And since I've had "slow" dealings with support in the past when I tried to be patient.

This is the other option I'm trying out.

I understand but those other dealings (I hope) were not related to your account being locked..at this point you are in MA's hands so I really wouldn't be pissing them off. Remember you don't deposit much so well, just play it out and hopefully it will all work out.

And don't use Facebook to try and get unlocked..that WILL get you banned for life. :)

GL

Have you checked your email to see if a reason for locking your account was provided?

Agreed. When I got locked I was sent an email stating WHY I was locked.

Menace

Great news guys. It appears I ran a tool which injects to any DirectX9 games to improve the graphics quality. I usually turn it off before running EU but last night I forgot :hammer:

The EU client is a bit paranoid when it comes to these types of things so the account was automatically suspended.

However after I heard about this from them I explained about the program and they unlocked my account.

I will now delete this program in order to prevent this from happening again...:eyecrazy:

Huge thumbs up for the support team for the fastest response in history. Answered me and resolved in less than a day. And it was during the weekend that's a plus.:clap:

I'm glad to hear that it was quickly resolved. :)

Glad to hear all worked out. You should Update the first post also so ppl who are too lazy to read can also understand what happened. In the end your account was locked for a reason.

NB! similar programs can help pirates and almost any professioon where speed is needed - so everyone should be careful with that kind of programs.

Back