Newbies Oil Rig Field Trip :)

Mikah

~Proud Sweataholic~
Society
Freelancer
Lia Mikah Seeker
A few days ago, I was inspired by the outcry of a fellow Entropian, in search for a small glance of the Oil Rig...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26561

Upon speaking with many newcommers, I have come to the conclusion that many newbies or players that have yet not been @ the Oil Rig, just simply want to visit and see what it is all about... there is always hype about it, but once you feed that sense of curiosity, many of these people will be satisfied..

In collaboration with many others, I am inviting ALL newcommers or players that would like to join us in the Massive Orange trip to the Oil Rig on...

Saturday June 3rd, 20:00 Calypso time at Camp Phoenix...

it is important that people who want to join attend this time, considering the costs involving with organizing this occasion to happen, this is is considered a one time event!
A wormhole will open allowing as many people in as we can for about 20-25 seconds.... giving newbies the chance to go inside the wormhole and travel to the Oil Rig...

At this time, I am also asking for a peaceful compromise with all Pkers...
We will not open fire at any given point, however, if we are attacked, we will stand ground and be forced to return open fire... this is something that we are trying to avoid at all costs but will be a last resort...

This is not a search for free oil, this is only an opportunity for newcommers to see the oil rig at much better odds of survival than at their own risk...

Newcommers- I will not get into any further detail, but please make sure to meet at the time and location above, with an open mind, a courageous spirit and your best orange jumpsuit :cool: . Any optional equipment is recommended but not needed. Spread the word !!!!!! :whisper:

Last edited:
Great idea!

+rep for sure, I'll be there :D

Now how does MA time work again? It's GMT+-?

I'm in GMT-5 and would like to know how late/early I'd have to be up :laugh:

HEELLLLLLLL YEAAA!!!! :) +rep Mikah. I'm always up for being pked at the rig! Count me in, I'M THERE! Can I wear my full vigi?

Yes count me in , where do we meet at that time? Plz can you book a seat for me or a space. Thanx. I always wanted to see the oil rig. +rep to you for organizing such an event.

Vigi wont help if you get shot at the rig.

lol, i got a music festival that day, wont get back till about 11 pm easter us time. i hope all goes well for you, and i hope it happens when i get back, cause that is bound to be a nice lil pk streak for me, lol. j/k

Blank said:
Vigi wont help if you get shot at the rig.

uh, huh? It's like the best low-level armor for pvp. Better than nem. I agree that it won't help me much cause I only have 105 hp, but it's still better than an orange suit! ;)

I love the idea ;)

+Rep

I would also love to help out on this event, so let me know if im welcomed!

Kyl said:
I think MA time = UTC. So in summertime GMT-1 (because GMT has the summertime-effect).

cheers Kyl
Well I got lucky then because that page says I chose UTC... hope it ends up correct after all.
"Time is fixed on Saturday, June 3, 2006 at 20:00:00 UTC time"

I'd really like to join this, i'll see what i'm doing on that day and maybe i'll be there!

If I´m at home at the time I will try to help ya :)

I think MA time = UTC. So in summertime GMT-1 (because GMT has the summertime-effect).

this causes alot of confusion. GMT=UTC. They are the same, as is MA time. There is no summertime effect on GMT, only on British Summer Time (BST), which has many in the UK confused too.

to reiterate: GMT=UTC=MA time.

aridash said:
this causes alot of confusion. GMT=UTC. They are the same, as is MA time. There is no summertime effect on GMT, only on British Summer Time (BST), which has many in the UK confused too.

to reiterate: GMT=UTC=MA time.

yep didnt "see" it :)

My general timezone is UTC/GMT+1 but atm there is the summertime offset so i'm gmt+2 atm :)

sry for hijack...

+rep for you Mikah.

Its a great idea. I've tried a few times and almost made it only to get killed by the attrox the first time and on a consistant basis by Star the next couple of attempts (doesn't he just love killing people ;) )

I will try to make it. Thanks for giving people and opportunity to at try and see it.

I cant come :( but gl to all of you and hope you have fun.

+ Rep Mikah :D

Thanks to you & everyone else who is making this happen :cheer:

I'll be there if I can :)

thats quite an act of charity aint it *kinda* expensive to open a wormhole? kinda like 100 ped? well anyways +rep to u sir

aint comin though...been there seen that :D

Great idea! + rep

I'll aim to be there :)

ooo ill try nd be there if i can, i wanna be there but i dont think 20 seconds is enough to let everyone who wants to go through :S

anyway ill try make the WH jump and if i get stampeeded ill just have 2 run it! save some for me :D nah dont shoot at me and i wont take ur oil ;) you dont touch my back, you come out richer because of it :laugh:

count me in!

Nicole said:
I love the idea ;)

+Rep

I would also love to help out on this event, so let me know if im welcomed!

Whoo how, Thanks so Much Nicole, glad to have you on our side ..Pm Sent!

And to all others, yea timezones can be quite confusing, it will be a bit expensive to run it, but thats why we have awesome sponsors always willing to help out the underdog ! Thus only one time for now.

Enum, go ahead and wear your vigi if you'd like, we need all the help we can get, and of course, any protection is better than no protection at all!

I hope to see everyone there ! Unfortunatly, due to technicalities of plan, I'm not able to post any further information than the one I posted, so bear with me... But it will be very fun :D

Regarding the wormhole chip, a good friend Dale is the one kindly providing the wormhole service at his expense, he definetly deserves that + rep.

Hope to see many familiar faces !!!!! :)

actually, Dale, i just aquired 10k ME, ill be happy to sell you (is it) 678, the amount required to open a WH for 270% (i usually sell for 285%), the amount i paid for it at 0 proffit to me. so if you havent already bought it for cheaper (or even if you have ;)) the offer still stands! you're payin a lot to do this for us, and it shouldnt cost you to do so. im just sorry i cant help out any more than this..

zammy

I will be there with bells on! This will be quite the event. I have not read through the entire thread so please bear with me.... are we to wear our OJs? or just anything goes? Or has the proper attire it been stipulated? I heard talk earlier of an 'OJs Only' day. Is this to be a combination of events? Or am I confused ...again.

Sincerely,
Donald

Thanks guys, i will do my best to be there. This sounds like an oppertunity not to be missed. :clap:

Count me in. Nothing like a fun organised event

P.S. Uhm there is also FoFIV event held on the same date and time. Not sure if it is the same audience, but I for one would love to go to both. Not asking for a reschedule or anything. Just a note that maybe more would come if major events did not clash...

This looks like its going to be a nicely sized event. Hopefully there are a few of us that can clear the rig of trox before we go. I went yesterday and it wasn't too pretty there. I will get some 5b to help clear it out, If anyone is interested in helping me do this prior to H-Hour that would be awesome.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Donald said:
I will be there with bells on! This will be quite the event. I have not read through the entire thread so please bear with me.... are we to wear our OJs? or just anything goes? Or has the proper attire it been stipulated? I heard talk earlier of an 'OJs Only' day. Is this to be a combination of events? Or am I confused ...again.

Sincerely,
Donald
Sounds like a hoot ;)

Donald this event is "anyclothes go" i believe, the orange day you refer to is just a day of symbolization of unity amugst our Calypso Community and of rememberance :) see the link by my sig or on my soc wwebsite.

@Topic
ya'll know Status will be there :laugh: (did I just refer to myself in the 3rd person :loco: ) and thanks to al those that wanna help :)

nice work mikah - sounds like you've got it all under control. PM sent

Yeah, wormhole costs a bit to open, but nowhere near the 100ped mentioned above. Anyway, compared to the cost of skilling up, and the warm fuzzy feeling inside i'll get from "doing my bit" it'll be my pleasure. However if anyone wants to donate some ME, i wouldnt say no. We'll probably need to open a couple up depending on numbers, but it'll work :D

Zammy, that'd be great - i'll be in touch

Cya all next week ;)

ah darn, I can't that weekend ...

Have fun everyone who is going! :D :( :D

Back