PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Miners' Guild
    Images

Guide to determine the DECAY of any item

I think that it is time for me to share with you the best method to determine the decay of an item.

This included Armor, Weapons, Tools, Limited items or Not.

The method is very accurate.
    The accuracy is almost 1/1000 of the PEC
    => 0,00001 PED

I say almost because sometimes it is "only" 0,00002 PED
    Of course for more trustworthy results you'll shall need to crossexam several data that you'll obtain.

Anyhow it is quite simple:

There are ingame several stackable items that are worth 0,00001 PED.
    What are they and how do I know this:
    The examples are Vibrant sweat; Fruits (Bombardo;Haimoros;Papplon;Caroot) ; and Common Dung.
    If you use big enough stacks you are able to see that the Trade Terminal (TT) actually shows that they have value.
    If you put 1K of it in the TT it show 0,01 PED
    If you put 10000 it show that they are worht 0,10 PED.

The trick is that the TT can only show 2 decimal.
    So with a stack of 501 it shall show 0,01 PED when it actually are worth 0,00501.
    Because it rounds up.
    To make it more clear if you put 9501 it shall show 0,10 PED
    But if you put 9500 it shall show 0,09 PED.

This method is very usefull to test the actual decay that the item has taken since the beginning of your test.

This would be an example of what a test would be like:

You put the item in the Trade Terminal before the test to determine it's inicial TT value (be carefull you don't want to sell it so abort the trade once you've done what you need)

In this example I put a 0,57 PED Pixie Harness (M)
    Afterwood I will put several stacks of Vibrant Sweat and point at each point the TT value of the trade passes to 0,58 PED
    In my example I discovered that if I put a stack of 500 Vibrant Sweat it still show 0,57 PED value but if I put a stack of 501 it shown a 0,58 PED value.

Now I know that if I put 501 Vibrant Sweat in the TT it will show 0,01 PED.
    Therefore

The actual value that should be shown isn't 0,58 PED.
    But 0,58-0,01+0,00501=0.57501PED.

So I found out that that Pixie armor plus the 501 Vibrant Sweat were worth 0,57501.
    Since the Vibrant Sweat was worth 0,00501 then the Pixie armor is worth 0,57000.

Afterwood I went testing how much decay would I get after I get hit by a Ambulimax young (non-critical hit)
    I found that after I got hit (my HP was very low so it took one hit to kill my avatar)

The Pixie Harness (M) was worth less.
    If I put it plus 619 Bottles of Vibrant Sweat (BVS) it still shown the value of 0,57 PED in the Trade Terminal.
    Only at 620 BVS that it passed to 0,58.
    So I can conclude that that hit made my armor decay the value of 119 (620-501) Bottles of Vibrant Sweat.
    Or in an other way:
    The value of the armor was 0,57501-0,00620=0,56881
    0.57000-0,56881=0,00119 PED.

I made an other tests following this just to gather more data to have a better understanding of the decay of the pixie armor.

TT Value......No.BVS

1Hit (Ambulimax Young)

1Hit (Ambulimax Young)

But it would be hard for you to verify this data so I made it with a fully repaired armor as well

TT Value......No.BVS

1Hit (Ambulimax Young)

decay=0.00506 PED

and after 2 more Hit (Ambulimax Young)

decay=0.01009 PED
    0.01009 PED/2 = 0.00505 PED.

One other conclusion is obvious now.
    Armors with less TT value than full status althought protecting less will also decay less.
    (The diference is only obvious and statistically valid if the difference it big enough, with this I mean that if you test the decay you'll see that it will vary usually less 0,00002 from consecutive hits near its actuall average; but between significant differences in TT value bettwen the armor it is quite obvious and impossible to deny and call it just a statistical glitch)
    0.00506 PED is significantly different from 0,00119 PED.

This method can be used to test the decay of all the items ingame that I know of (of the items that actually do decay)
    And it is very accurate.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Miners' Guild
    Images
    Here are a few examples of my results:
    Armors were repaired to full status before the start of the test.

Salamander....................(5 Impact).........0,750 PEC.........6,667 Dmg/PEC
    Decay in 1000 Damage.....(5 Impact)......150,00 PEC

Warrior..........................(5 Impact).........0,224 PEC........22,321 Dmg/PEC
    Decay in 1000 Damage.....(5 Impact)........44,80 PEC

Pixie.............................(9 Impact)..........0,505 PEC........17.822 Dmg/PEC
    Decay in 1000 Damage.....(9 Impact)........56,11 PEC

Nemesis........................(15 Impact)........1,091 PEC.........13.749 Dmg/PEC
    Decay in 1000 Damage.....(15 Impact)......72,73 PEC

Rascal..........................(15 Impact)........1,103 PEC..........13.599 Dmg/PEC
    Decay in 1000 Damage....(15 Impact).......73,53 PEC

I don't know why the Salamander decay is so out of balance (Maybe Ambulimax is buged and makes other kinds of damage or maybe it is the armor)
    I know for sure that it has been this way in Female and Male armors for several months now.

If you find different results, I'm sure that lots of people will appreciate if you share it with us

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Miners' Guild
    Images
    MA has given us the require tools to obtain a pretty accurate view of what the decay of an item is with just 1 decrease in value (Items that have several decay accordingly to their TT will of course need more tests)

Resume:
    BVS- Bottle of Vibrant Sweat.
    TT- Trade Terminal.

You put the item in the TT.
    You take note of the value of the item displayed X
    You take note of the ammount of BVS V that it requires for the actual value displayed in the TT passes to X+0,01

The "true" value T of the item should be then:
    X+0,00501-V

V= no. BVS/100000

(I accept that this will give a margin of error of 0,00001 PED sometimes, but this is so little )
    Last edited by MG Mighty; 05-29-2006 at 13:18. Reason: Forgot definition of V

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Crusader
    Society
    Via Dolorosa
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Mighty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Resume:
    TT- Trade Terminal.

You take note of the ammount of BVS V that it requires for the actual value displayed in the TT passes to X+0,01

X+0,00501-V

(I accept that this will give a margin of error of 0,00001 PED sometimes, but this is so little )
    Thanks for sharing this method!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Andone mrproper Andrei
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Mighty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MA has given us the require tools to obtain a pretty accurate view of what the decay of an item is with just 1 decrease in value (Items that have several decay accordingly to their TT will of course need more tests)

Resume:
    TT- Trade Terminal.

X+0,00501-V

V= no. BVS/100000

This is the smartest uses of the system I ever saw. You can determine the decay for any item this way, in maybe just a few uses and a repeated experiment for verification.

See what happens when you get hit with less damage than the armor expecs (shows as 1.0 damage)
    Mentoring program: http://goo.gl/ty1la

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Revan The Nightbird Evenstar
    Society
    Project-Asylum Corp.
    Images
    Ic, your method I have to say is excellent If you want to do the testing for the rest of the armors, please continue. In the mean time, I'll consider whether I will continue with my testing or not..

Edit. There is no point for me to continue my tests. If you'd like to cooperate, by all means PM me but since the tests is so pain free to carry out, I look forward to seeing the decay rates on the rest of the armors!
    Last edited by The Nightbird; 05-29-2006 at 15:04.
    My Fan-Fiction Story

Drops: 3900 Hits: 26.9% Returns: 82.9%

To read any game forum, you need some resistance to whiners. I recommend taking anti-whining flu shots so you don't become infected and start whining yourself.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vlugge Witte Harrie
    Society
    Delta Force Elite
    Images
    Nice find!

So i guess i will need some sweat now

BTW, in the meanwhile, I would like to see what happens after 2 hit, or 3. Just to see if the difference increases, stays the same, or decreases.

My guess is that de difference is caused by rounding. If so, it will get corrected in following hits. If the difference increases, it will mean that the decay rate realy IS slightly different.

Edit: another possebility might be that the mob did more damage when hitting the rascal. Although MA claims you dont pay for unabsorbed damage, I heard several reports stating otherwise.
    Last edited by Witte; 05-29-2006 at 15:12.
    Member of Delta Force Elite and admin of Entropedia

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vlugge Witte Harrie
    Society
    Delta Force Elite
    Images
    I tested gremlin this way. Here are my results:

test1:
    sweat:599
    damage:??
    part:harness

test2:
    sweat:594
    damage:38.1
    part:shin

test3:
    sweat:592
    damage:36.0
    part:arms

test4:
    sweat:592
    damage:20.2
    part:harness

Then I got bored. The results seem not to be very consistent.

My conclusion is: we need mode data to come to a conclusion.

My suspision is: Rascal, nemesis and gremlin decay exactly the same, with small variations caused by either damage dealth, rounding errors, or some randomizer.
    Last edited by Witte; 05-29-2006 at 16:21.
    Member of Delta Force Elite and admin of Entropedia

testing
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Flerin neomaven Flerinson
    Society
    Warants
    Images
    I suspect the reason salamander decays more is the "overprotection" of the burn and penetration aspects, and you were testing it versus other types of damage.

An ideal armor would protect ONLY for 1 type of damage. For example, an armor with 15 impact protection and nothing else, to hunt Falx. since falx only do impact damage, this would be perfect.

This is the problem I see: MA claims if an armor doesnt protect for a certain type of damage, the armor doesnt decay (which btw has been shown not to be true in some cases). BUT, take for example Rascal VS cut damage: it protects 5 of this type of dmg. Perhaps the armor decays for ALL the different types of dmg it can protect against, even if the hit you take doesn't include that type of damage. And perhaps if you get hit with a pure stab hit (for which rascal has no protection) then it doesnt decay at all.

Also, from a programming standpoint this would be simpler: each armor has only one decay multiple.

Logic flow would look something like this:

1. Incoming hit, 100% cut
    2. Can the armor worn protect this tpye of damage?

2a. Yes, decay=X*D, where X=amount of damage absorbed, and D=decay factor for this armor

2b. No, take full damage, no decay.

If armors only decayed on the portion of the type of damage being deal, armors would need a decay factor for each type of dmg it can protect against.

I have not tested this, but it seems to fit the salamander anomaly, and is something that I have noticed anecdotally with various armors.
    Last edited by neomaven; 05-29-2006 at 19:09.

testing
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Flerin neomaven Flerinson
    Society
    Warants
    Images
    I should say, an ideal armor would only protect for the type of damage the mob you want to hunt deals.

Many times I think we "carry" cold and acid protection for nothing on good armors, and get charged decay for it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast