Info: Longtime's IMK2 Hunting Log

Status
Nice unlock! Gratz! :yay:

possible to share overall returns in first post?
gz on commando

Whew.. this month was bad. I blame being on Calypso for that. Will post tonight.

April, 2015

Total Cycled: 100,777.67 PED
Total Return: 90,414.16 PED
Base TT Plus/Minus: -10,363.51
Base TT %: 89.71%

Defensive Cost: 1.569%

$5 Rebate Program Rebates: 780.59 PED
Adjusted Plus/Minus: -9,582.91
Adjusted TT%: 90.49%

Hunting Markup Earned: 2,944.49 PED
Best Loot: 13.86 PED ESI (Kreltin)
Effective Plus/Minus: -6,638.42 PED
Effective TT%: 93.41%

Big Industries Hypercharged Weekly Reward Bonuses: 26 PED
Final Plus/Minus: -6,612.42
Final Return%: 93.43%

Skills Earned (in TT): 1579 PED

Auxilliary Data:
Skill Boosts: 137
Globals: 261
HOFs: 6
Highest HOF: 732 Feffox

Start Laser Hit: 65.45
Start Laser Dmg: 64.71

End Laser Hit: 70.41
End Laser Dmg: 67.93
End Evader: 46.05

Unlocked Commando
Tiers Achieved: 7.8

Summary: Well, first problem was going to Calypso to grind Kreltin for the mission rewards. Results would have been worse, but shared loot events netted me +1100. It was overall atrocious. My worst runs came from the Kreltins and Code Demons. Overall, I was better on my LA when I was there, and likely should stay there since I can get fair markup.

Last edited:
Anyone got any thoughts? :)

It appears bouncing around to different mobs instead of grinding makes for instability unless you are lucky... and in hunting I definitely am not. Thus for May, I will be on my LAs. I wish I could use skill pills as I hunt now but with the increase of the starter packs, I won't be able to do that.

I should be able to complete both Stage 6 missions twice in the month.. meaning I should gain 2 levels of evader by the end. I also acquired an mk2 sight and will get an mk1 scope next week. We should see some differences.

What mobs have you been focusing on for your own LA? Nusul? Beladoth?

Exciting news about the scope!

Songkra valley mostly. I didn't hunt there much last month. I was doing grind missions on calypso and rocktropia. I blame the huge loss on calypso. About 60% of it came from that.

It's not fun when every run is hundreds of peds of loss but imk2 or calytrek or blades, it has always been that way. Although I had better outcomes when I used the arcspark.

We will see how May goes having gained 8 levels collectively with the imk2.

A bit depressing, I was hoping you'd pull off a green month.

Sure, I agree that cycling is important, however, if you are doing shitty mobs without markup in loot that's just going to pace up the loss. Since you clearly know what mobs drop loot with decent markup, stick to those if you want to go full dps. When visiting Caly and markup just isn't there, consider going more eco, with which I mean less damage enhancers and perhaps even removing the amp.

Try fiddling with the settings to find a balance between damage and accuracy enhancers, with or without the amp. Your weapon is powerful enough for you to still stick with decent mobs.

Chasing mission rewards on Caly might be bad as well; The difference in returns grinding a mob with markup in loot might turn out to be bigger than the price of an equivalent skill chip.

I think you could lower your defensive costs by at least 30%.

My two. Good luck with May. :)

Cool log,
Care to share what % of that turnover was in which mob?

Cool log,
Care to share what % of that turnover was in which mob?

1/3rd of it was Kreltins, 1/3rd was Feffox (which was OK). I would have been okay if Kreltins didn't suck hard.

Picked up MK1 Scope.. Tiered one of my viceroy pieces to tier 3. Picked up OC204.

Now it is all about execution.

Last edited:
Sitting at 97% after mu after the weekend. After buying the mk1 scope, I no longer have a need for the neurostims. I noticed my returns stabilize a bit when not using the neurostims. this is likely just a result of slightly lower turnover during bad times. Still no positive TT runs on any hunt for the last 27 days.

Sitting at 97% after mu after the weekend. After buying the mk1 scope, I no longer have a need for the neurostims. I noticed my returns stabilize a bit when not using the neurostims. this is likely just a result of slightly lower turnover during bad times. Still no positive TT runs on any hunt for the last 27 days.

Impressive returns considering your level. One can only wonder how well you would do if you were maxed.

Good luck and keep it going :)

Skill gains never go fast enough. That's for sure.

Shame I can't get my hands on a steady supply of skill pills. At least the oc204 will increase skill gains just a bit.

Skill gains never go fast enough. That's for sure.

Shame I can't get my hands on a steady supply of skill pills. At least the oc204 will increase skill gains just a bit.

Have you considered the silver package? Not as good as old gold, but with your setup it might be worthwhile.

27 red days in a row is crazy. I can't believe you haven't come out green a single time in that time period.

Good luck and thanks for keeping the log up.

Only positives were the two oratan shared loot events but I don't count those.

I will likely grind hadraada for a bit. Seems like my hunting is still stunted... as it always has been.

I think by my last measure, since 2013 when I began keeping detailed records.. 6% of hunts ended in plus TT.

Left Ark to do some missions on Caly again. 82.6%TT for the month thus far on 16k cycle.

Left Ark to do some missions on Caly again. 82.6%TT for the month thus far on 16k cycle.

I haven't cycled as much as you, but I've also left Ark for Caly today.

I usually love Ark, but loots been so bad.

Arkadia's loot seems to be tied to pirons and other misc loot. After piron rains, it takes forever to recover.

Got 10k bankroll left. When it is out, the hunting gear goes up for sale. Let's hope for it rebounding soon.

You should do some more shared loss events. That way you can "beat the system" with a eco gun as you are above average eco in the group that shoots so eventually the ones with bad eco is paying for your return. On regular mobs the loot is reduced due to your eco so you won't get any better returns than anyone else ^^

Reactions: Xen
Hunt smaller and slower.

With 10,000 left in bankroll I'd say you need to pace down so you don't get two bad days in a row and lose a third of it. Hunt untaxed or your own LAs. If you stick to your own, you could easily add the tax when checking your returns.

I'm going to be annoying and tell you to try accuracy enhancers out. I got back to my old style yesterday (es and only acc enhancers) and with my rifle maxed at this point I logged a 3.300 eco (3.269 after deducting enhancer costs).

What minim says is true. If you do shared, try early stages of wave spawns like rextelum. Having top dps in a crowd where the average dps is low will grant you exclusive rights to high value stackables.

Good luck! I hope to see this turn around!

My problem hasn't been because I'm 3.04 vs. 3.30. Can't profit in anything unless you have multipliers of some kind And that has been a problem. Accuracy enhancers are around 400%.. like damage enhancers.. so i try not to enhance much. I will consider it though because I get a better effect with more critical with the mk2 sight

I have a couple problems... mobs in general are boring with some exceptions (on ark), coupled with extremely low returns (like 43% in a team hunt last night). I am overall disinterested In hunting. I'm going to try something this week and see where I stand.

The original purpose of getting the imk2 was to grind on my LAs. I'm getting the impression and coming to the realization that you can't grind... or I've missed something or this is just a really bad time for everyone.

I am a hardcore grinder by nature. It is an emotional and psychological need. I was one of the top solo players in ever quest and that was because I grinded everything. If i can't grind similarly then my hunting experiment is doomed to fail.

These few months is an experiment to see if I can grind somethings that interest me or if it makes sense to go back to mining and crafting. My desire for hunting is what fluske and others do.. but I can't make that work for me. I don't know the proper hunt size (500 kills? 1000?) to make things even out. I just know what my data currently tells me.

I accept my returns may be off due to not being maxed (although dpp is much better).. the question is really what to do about that and still grind for as close to break even as possible. Bouncing around finding hot loot waves, chasing perceptions, trying to catch loot pendulums, and other timing systems are unacceptable to my hunting style.

Don't mind me.. I'm not trying to whine and bitch.. just trying to make sense of the data at the moment and get on the right track. In the end, the analysis I will provide in this thread will be helpful to others.

Lastly to WhiningSkeptic, I already hunt slow. My throughput is 600ped/hr unenhanced.

Last edited:
I don't grind nearly as hard as you do , but the problem as I see it is the mark up is all gone for hunters unless you get lucky and get a esi or item and if you are real lucky a unlimited item . Other than that all you can do is grind and grind hopping for a break even hof. It is sad you need a 10 k or higher bank roll to grind hard nowadays . This game is getting more costly to play not less costly like developers had planned. On the lighter side this time of year is always slow for the game so a break might be in order.

I don't grind nearly as hard as you do , but the problem as I see it is the mark up is all gone for hunters unless you get lucky and get a esi or item and if you are real lucky a unlimited item . Other than that all you can do is grind and grind hopping for a break even hof. It is sad you need a 10 k or higher bank roll to grind hard nowadays . This game is getting more costly to play not less costly like developers had planned. On the lighter side this time of year is always slow for the game so a break might be in order.

For the investment made, a break wouldn't be an option. If those are required to make things better in the game then I have no business hunting... but I understand what you are saying.

Status
Back