Entropia Universe Release 15.2.3 Available

error

can update to the new patch get an error message that says: Could not start the updater application!
anyone that can help me out with this issue?!

can update to the new patch get an error message that says: Could not start the updater application!

Tried to repair in the client loader?

re-installed and rebooted cpu and now it works fine!

Its an old problem.
EU updater require unrestricted access to your computer.

Solution:
Open Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change UAC settings.
Change notifications to lowest one (never notify). Confirm.
Restart PC.
Update EU.

Reverse notifications settings (unless you don't want to stay on safe side).
Restart PC.

Done

what does the update entail?

The problem usually, is that the update comes when you are afk (eg you're at work), you kept client loader running, an update comes while you're away, and the client loader gets stuck by UAC (user account Control) prompt in Windows.

Just look for and acknowledge the UAC prompt (make sure it's from entropia client loader), then press "cancel" 511 times until the "cannot start updater application" goes away and press "retry" when client loader says "client loader is already running", and it will probably do the update.

The problem usually, is that the update comes when you are afk (eg you're at work), you kept client loader running, an update comes while you're away, and the client loader gets stuck by UAC (user account Control) prompt in Windows.

Just look for and acknowledge the UAC prompt (make sure it's from entropia client loader), then press "cancel" 511 times until the "cannot start updater application" goes away and press "retry" when client loader says "client loader is already running", and it will probably do the update.

Yeah, what is it with clicking cancel 511 times? Annoying as hell, why does it happen?

Yeah, what is it with clicking cancel 511 times? Annoying as hell, why does it happen?

Probably, client loader tries, fail (as there is no timely response from updater because updater is waiting for the UAC prompt), put up the dialog box, and then tries again even though there is an unconformed dialog box on screen.

In case anyone is looking for it; here are the VU notes:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...273424-Entropia-Universe-15-2-3-Release-Notes

If you don't like to click 711 times just kill the client

I can't get it to update, nothing has worked.

No notes at all...?

Back