First phase of the CLD estate system

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

I think this means that the CLD's you use in the reverse auction will be "locked", and temporary non tradable, on your avatar for the duration of your house lot ownership. During this time youll get your revenue as before.
But im sure there will be a possibility to unlock the CLD's so you once again can sell them, but this would also mean you give up any ownership on that house lot (and maybe upgrades/builds), and its deed will automatically end up in the auction again.

If this would happend, it would be a smart way for making CLD's circulate less, which in turn would benefit Mindark in the means that (1) make people even more commited in binding up peds, which seems to be something theyve have always aimed for, and (2) less CLD's in circulation would proabably increase their value. Theory based on: Supply and demand.

Regarding the harvesting, i wouldnt be surprised if we started seing food with +bonus effects.

But its just my guess...

My initial understanding was that you'd be required to "trade in" nine CLD's for a lot (the 3x3 was already known). That would also obviously deprive you of not only the CLD's, but also their future payouts. That was the ripoff I was thinking of.

I was happy to see it stated in public this wasn't the case.

Well I always looked at the CLD as being a Estate deed without a claimed land area.

Granted, getting your name splattered all over it would make me reluctant too, but I think the monthly income would more than make up for the humiliation. :)

You missed the point. What monthly income? It would be just a huge useless estate. What income get castle owners from their enormous lots?

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

This was really the only hick-up I thought that MA would/is have(ing) with the CLDs since you guys would need to work out a system that would place 60,000 estates across Calypso.

Question is who at MA did have the idea to just put 60,000 Estate Terminals out? I know someone at MA brought that idea up :) Or are you going to go this route and have it linked to the new auction? :eyecrazy:

For those who still have questions about how this CLD / property business is going to work. I think its best to let Donald explain.

...For the time being. ;)

Reactions: Mac
This was really the only hick-up I thought that MA would/is have(ing) with the CLDs since you guys would need to work out a system that would place 60,000 estates across Calypso.

Question is who at MA did have the idea to just put 60,000 Estate Terminals out? I know someone at MA brought that idea up :) Or are you going to go this route and have it linked to the new auction? :eyecrazy:

Divide that by roughly ten, I think you need at least 9 to get a plot. If I understand things correctly.

You missed the point. What monthly income? It would be just a huge useless estate. What income get castle owners from their enormous lots?

Well, these new estates will probably be used for some type of plantation for new
resources.... maybe... :D Farming á la EU. :silly2:

Divide that by roughly ten, I think you need at least 9 to get a plot. If I understand things correctly.

From what I remember it was 1 = 1 and 9 in a group to get the house?

A new resource gathering system will be introduced in the upcoming Version Update that enable participants to harvest natural resources which can be manufactured into building components utilized in the forthcoming housing system that will be implemented after the summer.

By the way, am I reading it right that for three months or so we will have the exciting opportunity of stocking up on resources that have no use yet? :laugh:

From what I remember it was 1 = 1 and 9 in a group to get the house?

3x3 was the minimum size. The different size options greater than that can be hinted at by the concept art pictures. 3x4? 4x4? 4x5? 3x5?

I think there is going to be some kind of system in place to stop someone claiming a 1x9 strip, so the placement will only go "green" if its one of a select set of options. Such as above.

Alternatively, the sizes could be all preset and put on auction showing the grid size & possibly even the location and players bid on that.

It's not clear as yet how this will all work, including the reverse auction process.

3x3 was the minimum size. The different size options greater than that can be hinted at by the concept art pictures. 3x4? 4x4? 4x5? 3x5?

I think there is going to be some kind of system in place to stop someone claiming a 1x9 strip, so the placement will only go "green" if its one of a select set of options. Such as above.

Alternatively, the sizes could be all preset and put on auction showing the grid size & possibly even the location and players bid on that.

It's not clear as yet how this will all work, including the reverse auction process.

Quite likely that there will be some prime locations, maybe even big enough to place several houses and farmland which will go for bids of hundreds of cld's.
Maybe possible for players to build complete apartment complexes and sell apartments in them.

I am pretty excited abou this venture

How CLD Estate Deed Exchange will work as I understand it...

...in spite of those with Taco foil hats on:

1) Each deed will continue to remain in your possession and return CLD returns based on 25% decay/revenue from calypso/and calypsians on other planets as they always have, I.e no change in current function

2) Each deed will have a separate pass thru alteration that will occur once it's been used successfully bidding on an estate, I.e. It will be orange or red instead of green and be separately stackable

3) most likely once you've successfully bid on an estate you will get, in exchange for your green CLD, a set of equivalent orange or red CLD(or whatever) that will continue to pay CLD returns as normal, and a separate estate deed for your land plot

4) the new resource gathering system will be limited to estate owners but resources will be required to build a structure or structures on ur estate/land plot; I.e. Estates will be additional sources of revenue over the CLD value as they will develop value by simply existing or being managed by their owners....for all intents and purposes MA will excise the estate component value from ur CLD by this time

5) KUDOS TO MA...this is going to be THE most interesting summer on Calypso especially if u r CLD holder! Woot! Appreciating the appreciation..in value!

Brick

...in spite of those with Taco foil hats on:

1) Each deed will continue to remain in your possession and return CLD returns based on 25% decay/revenue from calypso/and calypsians on other planets as they always have, I.e no change in current function

2) Each deed will have a separate pass thru alteration that will occur once it's been used successfully bidding on an estate, I.e. It will be orange or red instead of green and be separately stackable

3) most likely once you've successfully bid on an estate you will get, in exchange for your green CLD, a set of equivalent orange or red CLD(or whatever) that will continue to pay CLD returns as normal, and a separate estate deed for your land plot

4) the new resource gathering system will be limited to estate owners but resources will be required to build a structure or structures on ur estate/land plot; I.e. Estates will be additional sources of revenue over the CLD value as they will develop value by simply existing or being managed by their owners....for all intents and purposes MA will excise the estate component value from ur CLD by this time

5) KUDOS TO MA...this is going to be THE most interesting summer on Calypso especially if u r CLD holder! Woot! Appreciating the appreciation..in value!

Brick

Hahah yeah cuz they are going to give you massive housing and let you keep the cld returns...keep dreaming. :swoon:

Hahah yeah cuz they are going to give you massive housing and let you keep the cld returns...keep dreaming. :swoon:

They give us just a pice of pixel dirt and its up to us to spend thousands and over thousands of us dollars to build something on it. I dont see anyone dreaming, mindark will make sure they get their cut in some way.

on topic

Even if the reverse auction average will be 30 deeds per land plot it will dash out 2k houses. If all of them want to profit good night and keep dreaming :)

They give us just a pice of pixel dirt and its up to us to spend thousands and over thousands of us dollars to build something on it. I dont see anyone dreaming, mindark will make sure they get their cut in some way.

on topic

Even if the reverse auction average will be 30 deeds per land plot it will dash out 2k houses. If all of them want to profit good night and keep dreaming :)

Interesting.

So I'm guessing based on that that the average price of a land lot will be only a few hundred, if even that. We are looking at thousands of land lots with quite a small playerbase.

Edit: I doubt we will see that many though. Where would they put all houses? EUdoria would become a massive city :D

Maybe you should start reading the thread before you say something? :silly2:
And also. you get a piece of empty land, not "massive housing".

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

Edit: I doubt we will see that many though. Where would they put all houses? EUdoria would become a massive city :D

An isolated sub-area similar to Arkadia Underground with endless rows of barracks under the stone sky - problem solved :D

Maybe you should start reading the thread before you say something? :silly2:
And also. you get a piece of empty land, not "massive housing".

Participants interested in claiming CLD estate plots will take part in a reverse-bid auction using their existing Calypso Land Deeds.

You wont "get" anything, im pretty sure things come with a cost.

An isolated sub-area similar to Arkadia Underground with endless rows of barracks under the stone sky - problem solved :D

This is one thing that really dissapoint me, because something like this could really happen. I hoped for a more free system to go out and claim our land, i even traveld all of calypso to find the perfect place for my house and found some really awesome places where i would just love to build but that was all for naught. So much for a "pioneering colonist mmo feeling". Mindark will define the layout of any city thats about to be created. The only choice we get is maybe if our house have 1 , 2 or 3 rows. I was dreaming of minopolis 2 , like the old minopolis just community made. We have not enough information yet but i really hope not every house will look the same from the outside. I hope we get enough styles to choose from.

Im not sure why im so tense about it, mindark havn't released much information yet. But because they just feed us with the most basic informations there is so much room for speculations and wild running imaginations. And thats not meant in a positive way. My range of thoughts go from "they will screw it up" over "they will rip us off" to "i have not enough deeds to get a house" and not ending with "Screw it, i should stay out of this thats not what i hoped for"

All of this claims can be inaccurate, maybe i start making up such thoughts from my past expirience with mindark as company. They should give us more details about everything related to this new feature or even do a Q&A on irc or the forum. But again, they just threw a bone and remain silent. This is what sucks so hard

No one has so far asked one of the more important questions. They said, "The first batch of CLD estate plots will be made available in a Version Update after the summer". Now if that's the case this begs the question what exactly is in the first phase that we will see in June (next upcoming update)?

No one has so far asked one of the more important questions. They said, "The first batch of CLD estate plots will be made available in a Version Update after the summer". Now if that's the case this begs the question what exactly is in the first phase that we will see in June (next upcoming update)?

It's all there -
A new resource gathering system will be introduced in the upcoming Version Update that enable participants to harvest natural resources which can be manufactured into building components utilized in the forthcoming housing system that will be implemented after the summer.

You will have few months to collect the needed resources. It's quite possible that you will have to have the resources ready to claim the plot - to prevent situation where people just leave most of lands undeveloped and MA won't earn anything from it.

It's all there -

You will have few months to collect the needed resources. It's quite possible that you will have to have the resources ready to claim the plot - to prevent situation where people just leave most of lands undeveloped and MA won't earn anything from it.

Thanks that makes more sense. I was thinking they are talking about something like factories for the resource gathering system e.g. collecting raw materials then constructing, bricks/panels for building.

Wonder how the mechanics of such a check would work, would we need to have all necessary building components for a plot in inventory to even make a bid? wouldn't that reduce the number of people able to bid and lower the price of these plots?

It's all there -

That is crazy.. I dont think you need to have any building blocks or resources rdy before you get a plot. My aim is to build a house overtime when I have founds to get the material. And I am not collecting anything before I know I have land to build on.

Wonder if they will require a FB account linked to your Account in Game so you can play the Farmville Mini game inside the 3D Entropia Universe.

Why the change to turn in deeds etc. what happened to the holding of 9 deeds and you needing them to claim a spot of land that is 3X3? Will Caly revenue still be accrued with these new deeds? Why did the deed holders not vote on how this all works, was that not how this was suppose to be done via a voting system?

I for one just hope to gawd this game is not turning into partial farmville boredom, farming is killing mobs and mining, and you take breaks at the slot (crafting) machine with your paychecks. Do we need another mind numbing addition where you walk and plant and harvest slowly for hours?

Cool they are doing something, not cool how they are implementing but that's just me. I am guessing just another shit feature added to the game just like space.

You wont "get" anything, im pretty sure things come with a cost.

Do you even try to read what MA says?

1. You use the CLDs to claim the land, after they are used to claim the land they will be market as "already used for claiming" so they can't be used for claiming land again, but you still get the revenue from them.
2. To build structures/building you need resources, and that will of coerce cost money, but not the claiming of the land.

That is crazy.. I dont think you need to have any building blocks or resources rdy before you get a plot.

Just a thought. As I see it, the only reason why MA deliberately omitted an opportunity to use the housing system to buy CLDs back for nothing is they expect greater gain from all the activities related to the system. It won't happen if they allow people (read: resellers) to just claim plots and do nothing with most of them.

Ugg more resources, we already have so many in the game most of which never get used, why not just find a use for whats already there, this adding of new resources to only have value for about a year then become worthless has failed in the system for as long as I been playing. It clearly is not a good way to handle system resources at all, why do they keep doing it.

Ready to welcome even more shit taking up storage space that can never be sold in a few years... YAY!!!!

MA works their hardest at trying to keep you TT'ing everything you get...

My understanding is that the resource gathering system will not be connected to the CLD lands, because the resource gathering system will be launched before you can claim any land, so it near impossible that the resources would come from the CLD land when they have not launched the CLD claiming and building system yet.

New resource gathering system hmmm

So how about let the resrouces be the current ores we have, example you u are free to put how much resources u want into (those buidling) it with the ability to get 1% or what ever % of this resource as reward (auto drilling/mining) this certain resource for u.
If u put say 100k belkar and get 1% out of it a week instead of peds would be some attractive ?
Or put expensive ores such as rugaritz and get the same :D Now this will be interesting!

Back