CLD Estate Plots

So Marcus Callendar has been purchasing land plots?

What's up with that? :scratch2:

It's MA's avatar that holds unclaimed estates.

Thing is: Shouldn't the mechanic show as: Claim plot? Cause the other ones around it seem to show a different interface...

It's either that or i totally missed the fact that the plots have two terminals... Heh :p

Thing is: Shouldn't the mechanic show as: Claim plot? Cause the other ones around it seem to show a different interface...

It's either that or i totally missed the fact that the plots have two terminals... Heh :p

There are claimable plots with a new generic interface. When someone claims a specific plot it becomes an estate.

Your question should be: how did Marcus (the official MA avatar) claim those plots? Does he own CLDs or was it just a programming thingy? How many more MA avatars are claiming plots?

And a whole lot of new questions that we're unaware at this hour (should be sleeping).

There are claimable plots with a new generic interface. When someone claims a specific plot it becomes an estate.

Your question should be: how did Marcus (the official MA avatar) claim those plots? Does he own CLDs or was it just a programming thingy? How many more MA avatars are claiming plots?

And a whole lot of new questions that we're unaware at this hour (should be sleeping).

That was my question:p

But yeah seemed wierd and all...

When you buy an estate (apartment, house, etc) you get the deed but need to visit the estate's terminal to actually claim it. Until you do that, the terminal displays the name of the previous owner - or Marcus Callendar's, if this property wasn't owned by a player before.

I assume that when you "buy" a plot with your CLDs you get a similar deed - so people just haven't claimed their plots yet with their new estate deeds. A lot of player-owned property around Calypso bears Marcus' name for years, because people don't bother claiming if they don't plan to use it. Most likely they do it intentionally so other wouldn't know what they own, and same reasons could be with the CLD plots.

I think it is this as mentioned in OP post.

'Note that some of the plots in the new settlements are reserved for future use and are not able to be claimed. Each settlement features a large bazaar in the center as well as service centers on the outskirts and small 10x10m plots for monuments and other functions.'

I noticed that too. If you look at the information MA put out I think those plots are the ones used in the graphics MA used to show the process.

To be able to do this one would have to assume that MA do indeed hold CLD's.

Do we have any numbers / information anywhere to show how many CLD's are actually held by the players ?

I noticed that too. If you look at the information MA put out I think those plots are the ones used in the graphics MA used to show the process.

Do we have any numbers / information anywhere to show how many CLD's are actually held by the players ?

Who was that dude who bought a huge amount last year? It was pure ROI investment for him. If he actually logs in, he may need approaching as a lot of CLD will be tied up with him.

I think it is this as mentioned in OP post.

'Note that some of the plots in the new settlements are reserved for future use and are not able to be claimed. Each settlement features a large bazaar in the center as well as service centers on the outskirts and small 10x10m plots for monuments and other functions.'

Oooops, time for me to put the dunce hat on this time :p

Mindark is God. Mindark does not need to hold cld to claim a plot.

Who was that dude who bought a huge amount last year? It was pure ROI investment for him. If he actually logs in, he may need approaching as a lot of CLD will be tied up with him.

If it is purely roi, then he could login claim all the plots and then resell them for even more profit :yay:

When you buy an estate (apartment, house, etc) you get the deed but need to visit the estate's terminal to actually claim it. Until you do that, the terminal displays the name of the previous owner - or Marcus Callendar's, if this property wasn't owned by a player before.

What he said. Whenever someone buys a plot, that estate gets assigned to Marcus and then one has to claim it.

I find it odd....
when the announcement was made that we'd finally get the landplots, CLD prices jumped by a large amount. I can only explain this as people valuing the ability to buy land at 150+ ped.

But when someone converts a CLD into CLD(x), losing the ability to buy land, the value attributed to said ability is not lost...? CLD(x) shouldn't cost more than the CLD used to...

that is, ignoring the fact that the ability to buy land should already have been included in the price before the announcement, as the land was and is an integral part of the CLD as they were sold in the first place.

I find it odd....
when the announcement was made that we'd finally get the landplots, CLD prices jumped by a large amount. I can only explain this as people valuing the ability to buy land at 150+ ped.

But when someone converts a CLD into CLD(x), losing the ability to buy land, the value attributed to said ability is not lost...? CLD(x) shouldn't cost more than the CLD used to...

that is, ignoring the fact that the ability to buy land should already have been included in the price before the announcement, as the land was and is an integral part of the CLD as they were sold in the first place.

Ignorant people are assuming that the land is attached to the CLD (x) even though they have been told everywhere that is not the case. They are buying these CLD thinking land is somewhere for them from what I have seen in #trade

what if the land plots end up being like Hangers after few months and we wait for 2-3 more years before there actual use comes up like assigning ships to hanger owners?

what if the land plots end up being like Hangers after few months and we wait for 2-3 more years before there actual use comes up like assigning ships to hanger owners?

Like hangars? You mean each land plot owner will get something much bigger and funnier to use AND keep the plot to use as estate? I'm totally in :)

Imho the CLD(X) should be a lot cheaper than they are, maybe 1200Ped compared to CLD for 1600 Ped

Bjorn asked how much plots will go down..ofc depends on how many plots will be released, if one day I'd be able to get one for the minimum of 9 CLD, I will take one.

Perhaps things would have been clearer had CLD(X) been named, for instance, "Assigned Calypso Land Deed"?

Thats a great idea :wise:

When I was bidding on some CLDs I suddenly got a message that I won the auction immediatly .. checked and it was a CLD (X) I accidentally bid on because it was just the one in the next row :ahh:

Imho the CLD(X) should be a lot cheaper than they are, maybe 1200Ped compared to CLD for 1600 Ped

As always in Entropia:
Things are always worth, what players are willing to pay, not more, not less. Most buyers don't plan to get a plot (and I understand why), so for them only the weekly return is interesting. So for them it's the same value.

The difference in price comes, because many players bought the plots and are afraid the CLD(X) will lose value, even though the last week showed the oposite: at the beginning, the difference was high and over time the difference shrinked to 20-30 PEDs.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this already, but...
CLD's did not give any money this week.

Last Calypso Revenue in my PED transfer window was 2015.06.15
So where is the money from 2015.06.22?

Great, just great, this update gets worse every day apparently.

Edit: not only CLD is not giving money apparently, also the arkadia deeds...
no revenue on the following dates:

Similar things in previous months.
I only saw it this time, because CLD also didn't give anything.

The sky is not falling, and yes, many, MANY people have pointed out that there was no CLD payout this week. One of those who pointed it out was Bertha Bot, bearing a message from MindArk, which you can read HERE

Although the post does not indicate what the issue was that prevented the CLD payout, there is speculation that it had to do with the change between CLD and CLD (X).

With regards to AUD payouts, those are only paid out daily if there is enough revenue for 0.01 ped per deed. Anything less is rolled over into the next payout.

Also, search is your friend. :yup:

Search before panicking.... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275154-CLD-Payout-Issue

Edit: not only CLD is not giving money apparently, also the arkadia deeds...
no revenue on the following dates:

Similar things in previous months.
I only saw it this time, because CLD also didn't give anything.

My guess is that you have small amount of AUD and on those dates payout was smaller than a pec, therefore you don't see it, but I don't know much about AUD...

Edit: seems like Coz was few seconds faster ;)

Search before panicking.... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275154-CLD-Payout-Issue

My guess is that you have small amount of AUD and on those dates payout was smaller than a pec, therefore you don't see it, but I don't know much about AUD...

Edit: seems like Coz was few seconds faster ;)

I doubt the amount of AUD has to do anything with it, because I doubt I wouldn't get 1 pec if usually I get multiple peds daily from those.
But the 0.01 pec PER deed as coz mentioned seems more logic :)
Thank you, as I didn't know that.

so Iv' been away on the sea for work and I come back after 2 weeks and what I find is a mess. I need someone to clear some stuff out for me.

from what I understand revenue not being payed = a bug
all 10x10 cld's are boyght alrdy but not yet claimed cause all of them have this marcellus estate broker guy as owners?

does that mean people like me who haven't been able to login for 2 weeks are just left out? way of MA telling us u need to login daily to get something? I tought the fact that the amount of cld's needed would decrease each day to counter this?

I see some people who have claimed theirs but it's a minority most of them are from this marcus guy wich is the MA avatar.

IF I buy cld's now at auction will I also get payed double for these cld's next monday?

I see a lot of different answers and a lot of reply's here that don't make any sense

I just feel kinda fucked by MA cause the patch seemed to have brought only bugs and I don't get whats going on at this moment.

does that mean people like me who haven't been able to login for 2 weeks are just left out? way of MA telling us u need to login daily to get something? I tought the fact that the amount of cld's needed would decrease each day to counter this?

I see some people who have claimed theirs but it's a minority most of them are from this marcus guy wich is the MA avatar.

Well, it's hard to avoid them being sold out early when you have people prepared to buy them out at a high price instead of waiting. It's the standard, if you want something early it's often costly. If you can wait a half-year or maybe a bit longer you probably will be able to get them for a lot less, depending how often MA will make new settlements.

Well, it's hard to avoid them being sold out early when you have people prepared to buy them out at a high price instead of waiting. It's the standard, if you want something early it's often costly. If you can wait a half-year or maybe a bit longer you probably will be able to get them for a lot less, depending how often MA will make new settlements.

well does that mean there are none left? It's not that I mind people buying them out at a high price. I'm willing to buy one just off auctioneer if I decide I rly want one (wich i'm not sure about yet). It's just they could have organised this better to prevent this. maybe make the time longer? cause there are to much people who have 25+ cld's and to few plots. I don't know how it went cause I was away for more then a week but from what you are saying they seem to all have been sold out in just a day? or a few days?

well does that mean there are none left? It's not that I mind people buying them out at a high price. I'm willing to buy one just off auctioneer if I decide I rly want one (wich i'm not sure about yet). It's just they could have organised this better to prevent this. maybe make the time longer? cause there are to much people who have 25+ cld's and to few plots. I don't know how it went cause I was away for more then a week but from what you are saying they seem to all have been sold out in just a day? or a few days?

There will be more plots in future updates so if you missed out, just wait for the next release. There are also several of the larger plots available. Additionally - The MA plot owner listing is for those people who have paid for the plots in CLDs but have not clicked on the estate terminal to claim the plot. It's a 2 step process to claim the plot and get you listed as the owner. You need to buy the plot with CLDs through the estate Auction terminal and then click on the estate terminal once you have bought it to claim it. Only then will it change from the Marcus MA Plot manager name to your name.

The sky is not falling, and yes, many, MANY people have pointed out that there was no CLD payout this week. One of those who pointed it out was Bertha Bot, bearing a message from MindArk, which you can read HERE

Although the post does not indicate what the issue was that prevented the CLD payout, there is speculation that it had to do with the change between CLD and CLD (X).

With regards to AUD payouts, those are only paid out daily if there is enough revenue for 0.01 ped per deed. Anything less is rolled over into the next payout.

Also, search is your friend. :yup:

Bruce got in the way lol, but all resolved now.

Bruce got in the way lol, but all resolved now.

I appreciate you may be bound by a NDA, and it's the weekend (and you may not have received it),
but it would be nice for the playerbase to hear the agreed deal.

If part of the deal is, you cant do Bruce Mk2, that would be of particular interest to others. :)

:sniper: :monkey:

Please pull out your calculator and do some simple math to answer these questions:
How many plots were available?
What did they cost?
How many CLDs could be converted to CLD(X) with the available plots?
How many CLDs are ingame?

Back