Entropia Life Tracker Explained

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Hello everyone!

I quite often see a confusion around references made to players while using the Entropia Life Tracker, so I thought I’d take a moment and try to explain what it is and what it does.

Entropia Life, originally called Entropia Tracker, was created by Starfinder in 2008. Back then there was no downloadable client side software. All “tracking” was made by a single logged in avatar which took “screenshots” of the globals using OCR technology. And well… We all know how often the EU client crashes or gets logged out, so tracking wasn’t really reliable.

It was not until about a year later that Starfinder released the downloadable tracker software, which made tracking globals slightly more accurate. However, it took a while for this to catch on, so global tracking was still a shot from the hip. In my opinion the tracker really got going early 2010 when the client got pretty much solid and somewhat widely used.

Now if we keep this in mind, we can easily say that the tracker we know today, is missing about a good 7 years of data. This means we have old time big game hunters, miners and crafters that does not have this data recorded on their profiles.

We still today have issues with globals not being tracked on less populated planets, because it heavily relies on people actually running the tracker software AND have it properly setup, which very often they don’t. According to Entropia Life’s own “call home” feature, I can often see planets like Cyrene and Toulan go by several days and sometimes weeks without having any tracker software user online. Also seen is that sometimes logging of globals to the tracker can be interrupted for several hours regardless of planet. Most likely due to communication errors and such.

Anyhow, what I really want to talk about is what does the tracker actually show? Well, the answer is very simple, it shows (almost all) globals produced from hunting, mining and crafting.

The reason I bring this up is because I see a confusion around how to read the data from the tracker. I’ve seen references like “Look at this guy, he has 500,000 PED in globals, he must be doing really well”

The truth is, he/she might be doing very poorly, as the tracker does NOT track a player’s success in profit. It doesn’t track a player’s deposits and withdrawals in the game. Don’t be blinded by these high ranked tracker numbers. You have to keep in mind that some of these players can easily rotate 2,000-3,000 PED per hour as a hunter, or to 60,000+ PED per hour as a crafter or miner. While playing these 3 professions at this level definitely generates a higher number of globals, as the cost per kill/drop/attempt is higher, doesn’t necessarily mean that they profit. In general they have the same 90% average return as a low level hunter/miner/crafter has. The only “reward” these players have for their courage to gamble higher, is the chance to get these insane high ATH’s.

Okay, moving on to what else the tracker doesn’t tell you. The tracker doesn’t track Business. What I mean by that it doesn’t show the “globals” that a 100 CLD shareholder does every week. It doesn’t show the status of Land Area owner, or service providers, healers, traders, shop owners, low level grinders and so on.

Understand that someone with 500,000 PED Explosive Projectiles IV on the tracker may be a stereotypic gambler. He may be depositing hundreds of dollars or even thousands every month and never in his EU career done a single withdrawal from EU. This while someone who is a businessman, investor, service provider or low level grinder with almost nothing on his tracker, may be frequently withdrawing money from EU as he or she is quite successful, but his or hers successfulness does not generate any data for the tracker.

So what does the tracker tell us? It tells us who since 2010 has rotated most PED into high level hunting, mining and crafting and who’s willing to gamble the highest in the chase of that ATH. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. But if you’re somewhat new to EU, don’t fall in love with the high tracker numbers! Playing at your level and playing smart might generate you more profit if you just ignore the ranking on the tracker.

Last edited:
i liked EL tracker and use to run it all the time, but recently AVG has decided its threat and removes parts of it regardless of exceptions causing it to crash. i should be able to sort it if i give it attention, just havn't got around to it

Still you can "read" some very very usefull latest trends of mainstream professions Hunting-Mining-Crafting
and
it is "A must to have" for events on LA's both for owners and participants.
For verification there is a restriction/need of 3 clients running planetside.
So please ppl on RT keep using it!!!!!
Still missing globals on RT especially during the week days!

+1 OP

AVG never saw ET as an threat, What i would like is an update to the tracker, it hasn't been updated for idk how long and could use a new version.

+rep for the tool and +rep for OP

I run the software 24/7 (except if my pc/software crashes), Since last couple vu updates i have been having some more software crashes though...

edit: i would +rep op but...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to e-lite again.
edit2: Spread some rep and gave some to OP

Last edited:
If I only could log in...

FFS I can't even check rare loots, why would I have to gather all info myself while evryone else can use tracker.. maybe another reason why my loot sucks?

If I only could log in...

FFS I can't even check rare loots, why would I have to gather all info myself while evryone else can use tracker.. maybe another reason why my loot sucks?

At least u have some loot :)

AVG never saw ET as an threat, What i would like is an update to the tracker, it hasn't been updated for idk how long and could use a new version.

since upgrading to the latest version of AVG, entropia life is seen as one, its classed as identity threat (which makes sense as its gathering data from a file and taking) bare in mind this is AVG Internet security, not free. so its a little more over protective

Tracker is a great tool for many reasons, but should not be used to check one's activity or turnover. I have a socteam up most of the time, so those globals aren't added to my profile.

I think MA should provide the feed for EL, to make sure every global is tracked. Can't be too hard for them :yay:

Still you can "read" some very very usefull latest trends of mainstream professions Hunting-Mining-Crafting
and
it is "A must to have" for events on LA's both for owners and participants.
For verification there is a restriction/need of 3 clients running planetside.
So please ppl on RT keep using it!!!!!
Still missing globals on RT especially during the week days!

+1 OP

Oh sure, the tracker is great for trending. But people tend to read that data wrong too, but that is a whole other post :D

You have to keep in mind that some of these players can easily rotate 2,000-6,000 PED per hour as a hunter.....

Sorry to take one tiny bit out of context and run with it.... but I am curious about this.
I have a pretty decent dps weapon but it is melee so can only achieve max dps in very specific environments. Still, when over armored and swarmed by mobs and always able to bounce to next mob mid swing by using select next target i can barely achieve over 1k ped turnover per hour.

My question is what are the 'norms' these days in terms of hunting turnover?

What is hourly turnover for a 'mid-level' player, for an 'uber' player, and for the ''super' ubers'??

For instance, my blade with its current setup gets me ~105 adjusted dps,
Mod Merc T10 with Hypercharged A204 and all dmg enhancers is ~ 165 dps,
The Terminator T10 with mod evil and all dmg enhancers is ~ 193 adjusted dps.

I assume anyone wielding the Terminator will be more professional and efficient than me, but I don't see how they could get 6x the dps out of a weapon that does 2x the dps mine does even with all the current buffs available.

Are there lots of buffs I dont know about?
Not trying to be rude, but I really am curious to know legitimate numbers for turnover at the different levels of play.
Before reading this and with no recent research I would have thought the numbers to be something like this...

Mid Level: 500-1k ped per hour
Uber: 1k - 1.5k ped per hour
Super Uber - 1.5k-2k ped per hour

but now I don't know.....

Sorry to take one tiny bit out of context and run with it.... but I am curious about this.
I have a pretty decent dps weapon but it is melee so can only achieve max dps in very specific environments. Still, when over armored and swarmed by mobs and always able to bounce to next mob mid swing by using select next target i can barely achieve over 1k ped turnover per hour.

My question is what are the 'norms' these days in terms of hunting turnover?

What is hourly turnover for a 'mid-level' player, for an 'uber' player, and for the ''super' ubers'??

For instance, my blade with its current setup gets me ~105 adjusted dps,
Mod Merc T10 with Hypercharged A204 and all dmg enhancers is ~ 165 dps,
The Terminator T10 with mod evil and all dmg enhancers is ~ 193 adjusted dps.

I assume anyone wielding the Terminator will be more professional and efficient than me, but I don't see how they could get 6x the dps out of a weapon that does 2x the dps mine does even with all the current buffs available.

Are there lots of buffs I dont know about?
Not trying to be rude, but I really am curious to know legitimate numbers for turnover at the different levels of play.
Before reading this and with no recent research I would have thought the numbers to be something like this...

Mid Level: 500-1k ped per hour
Uber: 1k - 1.5k ped per hour
Super Uber - 1.5k-2k ped per hour

but now I don't know.....

It doesn't matter if you are mid level , uber or super uber, everything comes with a cost, if you play uber dps , you lose accordingly to your gun and you have super big swings.
Lets make it simple for everyone.Hunt like smilgs if you want to live long in this game.

There are guns out there you could spend ~4k ped/hour however dmg/pec for that is somewhere under 2.9.Imagine using MM or imk2 and shoot 4k ped, it will take you 5-6 hours however you will do ~120k more dmg for the same peds.
Of course all the numbers aren't accurate, I was just trying to approximate based on my experience however you get the point.

My bottom line is that it doesn't matter if you are mid, uber or super uber player , the most important fact is to keep turnover and play it effective, everything else will just come in time.

It doesn't matter if you are mid level , uber or super uber, everything comes with a cost, if you play uber dps , you lose accordingly to your gun and you have super big swings.
Lets make it simple for everyone.Hunt like smilgs if you want to live long in this game.

There are guns out there you could spend ~4k ped/hour however dmg/pec for that is somewhere under 2.9.Imagine using MM or imk2 and shoot 4k ped, it will take you 5-6 hours however you will do ~120k more dmg for the same peds.
Of course all the numbers aren't accurate, I was just trying to approximate based on my experience however you get the point.

My bottom line is that it doesn't matter if you are mid, uber or super uber player , the most important fact is to keep turnover and play it effective, everything else will just come in time.

Thank you for trying, but you didnt really say anything or answer my question.
Obviously we are talking about cost, you seem to be saying there are players able to regularly cycle over 4k ped an hour, I am asking how.
You say hunt like Smilgs, but his logs say he is using a T10 mod merc which I put in my example question.

So again I ask, how are people able to regularly cycle over 2k ped per hour, and is there realistically anyone who is regularly cycling over 4k or 6k ped per hour?

------------------------------------------

Edit: There are 3 weapons on entropedia that put out more cost per second than the Terminator (with potential some variation depending on attachments, but anything else that beats it will be fairly close)

Unique Ram Prototype and Unique Legend War axe can not really be counted in this discussion as they are 'unique' and of extremely poor eco. Even if they are both regularly used, 2 weapons do NOT make enough to be counted in the normal player base.
Realisticly the Terminator shouldnt be either, but it is well known and in circulation.

That leaves the Swine Deluxe, which also has horrid eco, but perhaps there are a bunch of them being used by players who have found where eco doesnt matter, or just dont care. (or maybe eco doesnt matter)

However, even it is not in a class above the terminator in terms of ped cycled per hour.

Therefor, your statements are false by all evidence I can find, which is why I am asking how and why numbers like 4k and 6k per hour are being used.

At max output meaning firing every tick it is supposed to with no time taken away for lag, switching mobs, etc.... the Terminator maxed with dmg enhancers and mod evil puts out less than 2.5k ped in an hour.

to take something from 2.5 and buff it up to 4k ped an hour, you would need buffs increasing your cost output by 60% or a total of 160% of its actual output.

Please explain to me what buffs allow this, in addition to making up for the obvious discrepancies of switching mobs etc....

True answers with real numbers and math please.

Last edited:
/off topic/

is there a link between entropia tracker and the in game progress window bug ?

progress window doesn't update, like a freeze.
it work well when i don't run the Soft

well know bug ?

True answers with real numbers and math please.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but...

1k/hr is easily done with a high level gun even without enhancers and silly amps, if you're shooting more or less all the time. I can do that no problem with my Slugstorm where I'm hunting eco but trying to maximise my kill speed while doing so.

2k/hr is easily done using a similar gun at a high tier with damage enhancers, big (L) amps, buffs etc, and high level players going nuts in events with no regard for eco are generally hitting or exceeding that kind of spending speed all the time. People like Messi do that on a daily basis even outside events because their hunting style is insane :)

3k/hr might be just about doable using the highest dps gear with all possible enhancements, buffs, etc and having no downtime at all between mobs.

6k/hr is absolute fantasy, but the way things are going these days, maybe it's not too far away.

I should say that all of that is based on someone hunting solo. If you're hiring support shooters, fappers, etc then of course you can increase your costs enormously, but that's not the same as personal turnover.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but...

Thanks for the realistic answer, it falls within what I expected.
Your weapon maxed out with 10 dmg enhancers and imp evil (slightly overamped) puts out a potential 1870 ped per hour. (mod merc w/ 10dmg enhancers and hypercharged a204 is only marginaly higher with 1942ped an hour) I can see those weapons hitting 2k an hour with buffs.

However above that level, the curve very much levels off and there is nothing i see that can put out 50% more than what they can.

So what are these mythical weapons people are using what are the mythical combos of weapons and buffs and items?

Of course I agree that 2k an hour is doable.
And yes, I can see 3k as possible with the very highest end guns of which there arent many. (meaning those in the terminator 'class' of cost per second)

Two people in this thread however have claimed that 4k+ is attainable, and I would like to know if anyone is able to substantiate that with any real numbers?

Perhaps Oleg you feel i should increase my earlier scale a little?

(spending levels)
Mid Level: 500-1k
Uber: 1k-2k (Mod Merc spending class)
Super Uber: 2k-3k (Terminator spending class)

(obviously a loose scale containing many shades of grey)

(spending levels)

Sounds about right with the caveat that "level" is not wholly about weapon or skill level but also about the "extras" you use.

A high level player hunting eco would most likely fit into your mid level spending category.

You seem to be going wrong on your amp calculations, for example Slugstorm is not only not over-amped with Imp Evil but can comfortably use Mod Evil and, more pertinently, Bull Tac Elite (L) or Rage 50 (L).

I should say that all of that is based on someone hunting solo. If you're hiring support shooters, fappers, etc then of course you can increase your costs enormously, but that's not the same as personal turnover.

Great, now we have to figure out who to put on the max ped per second team and what their spend would be. Merry Mayhem doesn't quite do it since everyone who isn't the main shooter has to pull back a bit, but, if we had a steady supply of Chary and Hydra could we make a 30K plus ped per hour team of 12?

BTW, OP also missed that some people like to hunt in team so the tracker really doesn't for sure tell us anything about who the biggest spenders/winners/losers are.

I also obv disagree with the 90% average as well but I'll keep collecting my ped and leaving y'all to it ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the realistic answer, it falls within what I expected.
Your weapon maxed out with 10 dmg enhancers and imp evil (slightly overamped) puts out a potential 1870 ped per hour. (mod merc w/ 10dmg enhancers and hypercharged a204 is only marginaly higher with 1942ped an hour) I can see those weapons hitting 2k an hour with buffs.

However above that level, the curve very much levels off and there is nothing i see that can put out 50% more than what they can.

So what are these mythical weapons people are using what are the mythical combos of weapons and buffs and items?

Of course I agree that 2k an hour is doable.
And yes, I can see 3k as possible with the very highest end guns of which there arent many. (meaning those in the terminator 'class' of cost per second)

Two people in this thread however have claimed that 4k+ is attainable, and I would like to know if anyone is able to substantiate that with any real numbers?

(spending levels)

(obviously a loose scale containing many shades of grey)

Is it possible to cycle 6000 ped an hour ?

6000 ped an hour = 100 ped a min = 1.66666667 ped a second
(Assuming gun is shooting nonstop)

1.6666667 PED / s = 166.6667 PEC / s

166.667 x 3 dpp = 500 dps
166.667 x 2.9 dpp = 483.333 dps
166.667 x 2.8 dpp = 466.667 dps
166.667 x 2.7 dpp = 450 dps
166.667 x 2 dpp = 333 dps
166.667 x 1.5 dpp = 250 dps
166.667 x 1 dpp = 166.666 dps

Conclusion : the more uneco you are, the less DPS is needed to cycle 6000 ped an hour :D
No weapon is able to do this atm I think.

Last edited:
One little typo of one single character and this thread goes nuts :D I have changed it to

"2,000-3,000 PED per hour as a hunter" instead of "2,000-6,000 PED per hour as a hunter"

Thanks for pointing this out. Let's move on.

Thread is about EL
and
Please keep using tracker it's a great tool :yup:

thank you

Can you explain what the key is and why do I have to enter a new one every time that I log on to EL tracker? I'm not talking about the website btw:)

Can you explain what the key is and why do I have to enter a new one every time that I log on to EL tracker? I'm not talking about the website btw:)

The key? In where? The client?

Good post, now if only those people would read it that love to mention tracker stats on every possible occasion, so i get less strange looks if i mention i dont use this tracker at all.

yes the api key

You only input your account API key once. If you need to enter it every time you start the client, there's something wrong with your computer.

You only input your account API key once. If you need to enter it every time you start the client, there's something wrong with your computer.

Not the cient? :) I use a PC and laptop to play EU. I have the client installed on both and I have the same issue on both so I'm thinking that there's something wrong with the client, not my computers.

Back