Merry Mayhem Update

What did you think? That MA CEO is going to sell his sports car and cancel trip to bora bora because players abused the system and got away with money? Lowering stars drop just means players need to cycle more (lose more) to get those rewards. Its easier to do this and not explain to players then explaining to his wife lol. Also its always better to compensate for losses with other peoples money then yours. Marry mayhem and a happy new year to all:))). Btw i think loot is going to suck too :D

interresting. yah loot prolly gonna suck when u think about it...
if already less stars, that's one indicator.
gotta compensate for the exploit

The problem is the whole "unfair" part. How was getting uni-ammo from stars "unfair". It wasn't. Doesn't affect the event at all. If they were using alt actions to grinds stars you could make that argument... but as fair as event wise nothing unfair about it. It was only really unfair to MA because they found a way to suck money from MA. Further once again while I believe MA can easily ban the alt account.... banning alts is meaningless. I see no way that MA will ball up and do 1. The leg work to gather evidence to support a ban on the main account, 2. Have the balls to go through with it being that the rules were grey at best. Once again a forum post vs an in-game system most courts are going to go with the in-game system since this game doesn't require you to log in via the forum.

This however is the problem... can you ban players for using a dynamic that the game itself allows and is well known(quitting and restarting the mission is a well known dynamic for MM). MA can say yeah were taking this ammo back, etc, etc... but to ban someone not seeing it. A slap on the wrist of a few weeks maybe.
First of all they expected x number of avatars to compete, and x number of people to collect star rewards. They expected a certain number after that to keep competing and everyone else to go solo after they had collected their rewards.
This means stars are decoupled from PED, and abusers creating new accounts results in more than the active EU population getting to claim a participation reward, when in reality this was just Mindark trying their hand at a new style of event. Each time they make a mistake, they will atleast learn SOMETHING from it, which if you look throughout history there is NO pattern of repeat mistakes being exactly the same, it's always different things.

The court thing is also a load of shit. Nobody will be successful in whining in court over this. How?
Universal ammo has no real tt. You cannot claim it, one of my friends closed their account and everything in it got TT'ed, they did NOT get back their starter pack items, universal ammo value, or any of their pill value, despite them only having a small stack of each. These are not backed, insured, nor do they have any backed value.

If you ask me, everyone who created an alt in order to redeem a participation reward they did not reserve should simply have their account erased for having multiple, and at the VERY least, if the alts get banned, then they paid real ped to real hunters to obtain real stars, abused the real EULA, and wind up not getting SHIT for it, which lowers the overall quantity of stars available without harming mindark.
If they also take the extra step of banning the main, then we'd see some good fireworks I think especially since some of these abusers are well known non-participating resellers who only seek to suck the life out of this game.
The biggest step they could ever take would be nuking this source of participationless prize redeeming after the people have already paid up for their abuse and don't give them a single damned thing. Their hundreds of dollars would be lost, injected into OUR economy, while we get justice.

A Modified Mayhem Hedoc was looted from Yulebot 5 by Stryker last night (~6:30 EU time).
Have any other special items dropped?

NOt in the same league but also 2 adj hedoc at least looted.

Anything UL with decent markup counts.
I know the high PED-value loots were before the "exploit announcement", but were the Hedocs? Just to see if loot was adjusted and how.

_Tin foil hat on:

Ua ammo is payed from invisible armor sales and amount of players loosing ped in MM.
1 only Two sets of armor sold
2 only 1/5th of players participating in MM seriously
= not enough money to payout ammo bonuses
= no CLD payouts
= lets Cook up some story about exploiters to explain it.

_Tin foil hat off

Last edited:
_Thin foil hat on:

Ua ammo is payed from ... and amount of players loosing ped in MM.

_Thin foil hat off

Well, that should make the UA self-financing then, shouldn't it? After all, the bonuses came from doing MM in the first place. From what we know about average points returns before the move by MA, they would have to be glad the LOWER the number of people who took part.....

Oh, and thanks for the laugh on a new variant of duct tape/duck tape - it's a tin foil hat where I come from ;)

Nope not it.

Total value 4 991 687 PED (+70.47 %)
Weekly Globals 36 848 (+52.53 %)
Most globals Merry Mayhem Araneatrox

Because just as those who won't participate (and is losing out on a valuable hunting opportunity), there are those who do and do quite a lot (like myself).

(sorry for this late response to post #120)

OFC there are ppl who enjoy hunting in those instances. Personally, I did spend over 160 hours there over the last three years. But a lot of ppl seem to be upset because of those new rules and wont spend those (at least) 40 hrs hunting there now.

What I was trying to say: I can well imagine that less ppl participating in a serious way will ofc cause a lower CLD payout compared to those last years. Furthermore, I do very much doubt that this bonus reward thing is the only reason for revenues being low.

Total value 4 991 687 PED (+70.47 %)
Weekly Globals 36 848 (+52.53 %)
Most globals Merry Mayhem Araneatrox
What I was trying to say: I can well imagine that less ppl participating in a serious way will ofc cause a lower CLD payout compared to those last years.
Serious problem with reading comprehension detected! :laugh:

(Although, by now it's yesterdays papers. Meantime the whole situation has changed again.)

we will arrive at one point to be extremly lucky just to be able to participate in MERRY MAYHEM. Just one or two guys will be the luckiest guys in this human mortal world.:mad:

Legitimate participants who have collected FFA Mayhem Stars and have not yet claimed their rewards will have the opportunity to receive their rewards at a later date.
We appreciate your understanding while we deal with these abuse issues.

Does this mean we still hand in stars to the helper and wait for bonuses later?

Or not hand in any stars at all at this time, even after the event finishes?

Cheers

Rick

Hey MA I have a question.

How come that the last 10 days combined that I spent on planets other than Caly I averaged a loss of over 2k peds per day, but on Caly, I am averaging normal?????????????????????????????????????????????

How come that the last 10 days combined that I spent on planets other than Caly I averaged a loss of over 2k peds per day, but on Caly, I am averaging normal?????????????????????????????????????????????

You-Want-The-Truth.jpg

And to shooooooort

More people better loot; different planets different pools.

Loot/resource caps. Told you that before. My returns and patterns changed when Calypso went to an ammo/shrapnel and farmable mat model and you could no longer hof on oils.

Or far more likely it is random. This happens once and you think it correlates....rofl

*I flipped a coin and it came up heads, therefore it ALWAYS comes up heads*

Rgds

Ace

Does this mean we still hand in stars to the helper and wait for bonuses later?

Or not hand in any stars at all at this time, even after the event finishes?

Cheers

Rick

Same thing I asked in a support case the day of this update....still no response. :rolleyes:

My wife and I also would like to know when we should turn in our points. We have enjoyed MM however we will not be finishing all 40 hours of the solo contest as it seems there is no chance of winning any prizes for the average player.

Very important we know the process. I submitted a support case too. Will update if I hear anything from it.

Same here, I submitted a case and no response as of yet.

The information is indeed vague, I wish they could clarify if bought stars will count towards the bonus.

Legitimate participants who have collected FFA Mayhem Stars and have not yet claimed their rewards will have the opportunity to receive their rewards at a later date.

WTF is vague about this?

EDIT:Stop spamming support!

WTF is vague about this?

EDIT:Stop spamming support!

Lol ok! Its all obvious if you say so, no possible problems with this info.

As for me, im not spamming support. I've just made a request here for MA to clarify the implications of the rule-change

The information is indeed vague, I wish they could clarify if bought stars will count towards the bonus.

What is vague here?
Legitimate participants - those who looted their stars.
This means, IMO, that those who bought all their stars, with zero hours in MM, should not be awarded. ;)

What is vague here?
Legitimate participants - those who looted their stars.
This means, IMO, that those who bought all their stars, with zero hours in MM, should not be awarded. ;)

So its superclear what happens if I have looted some and bought some but didnt reach the next bonus level ? And if my remaining points are mixed as well and I can't remember which is which ?

Yes please stop bothering MA...they are busy trying to figure out who the next player is that they are going to specially deliver a mod hedoc to in order to try to get them to start playing full time again.

Last edited:
Yea,,...Guess mine got lost by UPS in the Christmas mail rush.

Back