Petition to remove Explosive BPs (or change them) - Part 2

EP just give the chance to skill up at TT cost, as you can do in other professions.

LOL... Hope you don't teach so your disciples (if any). Skillng at the cost of 2 - 20 ped per click? This isn't even stupid.

sorin Statica teodor mee too +1

Reactions: ZPF
Crafting was always a gambling most of the time, 80-90% of the items crafted went to TT.
Before the EP the gamblers were undercutting the real crafters and sold items under production cost, now the gamblers make cheap metal residue(most of the time losing peds), and crafters can sell cheap crafted goods.
The real problem is that the demand for the crafted items is very low, and EP has nothing to do with that.

EP just give the chance to skill up at TT cost, as you can do in other professions.
There is no point to compare EP crafting with mining and hunting, it's a different thing, in mining and hunting you can't really make such a big turnover but you have a much bigger chance to get markup.
EP crafting gives you a very tiny change to get markup.
If you compare mining with hunting you'll also see that a miner needs next to none equipment and can have a very big turnover compared with a hunter using TT equipment only.
The problem is that people can't accept that their "hard" gathered resources, obtained mostly with probes from TT doesn't have markup, and are demanding EP gamblers to pay markup to be able to gamble.

If you really want a real crafting system, ask MA to remove Condition crafting and TT ing of the produced items, that way you'll have a real crafting system, only items that will be actually used will be crafted, but be prepared to sell most of your resources at 101%, top.

i dont know but i think its possible to get opals in crafting globals so possibly also from ep4. and opals have a MU of 400% atm. if id get back mostly tt stuff in hunting or mining it wouldnt be much different than it is now so i dont really see your point. and those 400% opals and the ep4 bps worth 700 ped that get looted occasionally i wouldnt consider no MU on ep4 crafting.
to get back to the point: when you could instakill 20 ped mobs with a single shot from tt material only with mostly tt stuff back but the option to loot a 700 ped MU UL item or 400% MU items i think a lot of people would actually do that.
and just to be fair, people saying EP4 is fair for crafters because all have tt stuff to skill (which is not entirely true, as i stated earlier) it is also entirely different: hunting and mining are GATHERING professions. they gather materials so the CRAFTERS can CRAFT with the GATHERED materials. thats what the profession is about. crafting has nothing to do with skilling up with useless junk bought from an npc. the concept of the profession is entirely different so they are not comparable which makes the point of fairness due to tt availability somewhat irrelevant. i dont think that there are other games, where people can buy all their needed materials to craft and skill their crafting from an npc. like world of warcraft or eve online or everquest or any other MMORPG (which entropia states to be) none of these games let the crafting profession skill from npc only stuff. because the idea of it is just plain stupid.
and if its only about the skilling aspect, why not remove EP4 and let the ep3 be there for skilling and residue purposes. then all the points mentioned to protect the ep4 bp would be invalid. every aspect said, that says that the ep4 bp is useful could also be achieved with ep3 bp. that would be fair. you get all the advantages of the ep bps and still gamblers who wanne hit really big need to pay MU like everyone else does to that wants to hit big.
ep3 still gives a bigger turnover/time-ratio than it would be achievable for any other profession. there is absolutely NO need for an EP4 bp.

LOL... Hope you don't teach so your disciples (if any). Skillng at the cost of 2 - 20 ped per click? This isn't even stupid.

Actually I get lots of messages about this and always tell them to look for BPs that produce markup.
EP is a way to skill up faster but you pay for it.

i dont know but i think its possible to get opals in crafting globals so possibly also from ep4. and opals have a MU of 400% atm. if id get back mostly tt stuff in hunting or mining it wouldnt be much different than it is now so i dont really see your point. and those 400% opals and the ep4 bps worth 700 ped that get looted occasionally i wouldnt consider no MU on ep4 crafting.
to get back to the point: when you could instakill 20 ped mobs with a single shot from tt material only with mostly tt stuff back but the option to loot a 700 ped MU UL item or 400% MU items i think a lot of people would actually do that.
and just to be fair, people saying EP4 is fair for crafters because all have tt stuff to skill (which is not entirely true, as i stated earlier) it is also entirely different: hunting and mining are GATHERING professions. they gather materials so the CRAFTERS can CRAFT with the GATHERED materials. thats what the profession is about. crafting has nothing to do with skilling up with useless junk bought from an npc. the concept of the profession is entirely different so they are not comparable which makes the point of fairness due to tt availability somewhat irrelevant. i dont think that there are other games, where people can buy all their needed materials to craft and skill their crafting from an npc. like world of warcraft or eve online or everquest or any other MMORPG (which entropia states to be) none of these games let the crafting profession skill from npc only stuff. because the idea of it is just plain stupid.
and if its only about the skilling aspect, why not remove EP4 and let the ep3 be there for skilling and residue purposes. then all the points mentioned to protect the ep4 bp would be invalid. every aspect said, that says that the ep4 bp is useful could also be achieved with ep3 bp. that would be fair. you get all the advantages of the ep bps and still gamblers who wanne hit really big need to pay MU like everyone else does to that wants to hit big.
ep3 still gives a bigger turnover/time-ratio than it would be achievable for any other profession. there is absolutely NO need for an EP4 bp.

The drop of opals and ep4 bp is so low compared to the cost to click that we can say it doesn't exist, there is a reason why the markup is so high for these, if you are gonna get one every 1mil ped cycled it will not make any change in markup you get.

Instead of complaining about EP maybe ppl should complain about NPC crafting(105, 204 amps,Vigi, nemesis armours, 2350, 2600 faps, melee amps,resto chips ..., all UL items).
How a crafting profession can be kept alive when all items are Unlimited?

I agree with you that crafting is not something that most would expect, but I repeat EP is not the cause for this, the only problem EP brought is the spam on global chat resulting on people being jealous thinking how good some are doing.

Anyway, EP is there for all, you can try it or leave it.

How a crafting profession can be kept alive when all items are Unlimited?

To those of you who haven't been around very long, crafting was thriving VERY nicely when ONLY unlimited items existed, in loots and crafting.

Crafters needed materials from hunters & miners, and some nice weapons & tools were crafted that hunters desired...I sold a LOT of Marber Echos crafted by Merrmaid back in those days. All the professions seemed to "need" each other...and as much as we complained, things worked quite well.

Last edited:
And obviously something that happened 10+ years ago when the game was young will still be the case now :lolup:

And obviously something that happened 10+ years ago when the game was young will still be the case now :lolup:

That's about as relevant as someone who hasn't been in the game for more than 5 years claiming that everything will be fixed by removing UL weapons & items...right? ;)

Of course the game is different now, Captain Obvious! It's a fucking mess.

You don't have a fucking clue, no point in this going on any further.

You don't have a fucking clue, no point in this going on any further.

Right. After 40 pages of people mostly wanting to sign this petition and providing plenty of reasons why, YOU have the only clue. :laugh:

well its a year now since I quit over this nonsense. Just got my final withdrawal out :D I have zero interest to get involved in this again now as it is still the same bs a year on. And it sounds from reading the thread that MA have not even gone on record to say exactly what is the big idea??

Oh well :/

Gl all

Right. After 40 pages of people mostly wanting to sign this petition and providing plenty of reasons why, YOU have the only clue. :laugh:

I'm curious
When did MA actually listen to a petition? :scratch2:

I'm curious
When did MA actually listen to a petition? :scratch2:

That doesn't really matter. This topic is a pretty good sampling of the player community's opinions on EP crafting, no matter what MA does about it.

That doesn't really matter. This topic is a pretty good sampling of the player community's opinions on EP crafting, no matter what MA does about it.

I guess that opinion makes sense :beerchug:

Uhm,

Not sure slither's one you wanna toe-to-toe with on the having-a-clue-about-10-years-ago thing :laugh:

But to be honest, crafting wasn't quite healthy back then either. It was always a ped sink and at the time it was still afloat because there wasn't enough gear in the game yet, a lot of new players were flowing in and there was a need. But most of the ULs that were craftable are no longer needed due to a combination of fewer players, over saturation and then...

MA screwed craftable items by dropping superior lootables. This still gets me. I leveled weapon making a lot in 07/08, as limited was on the horizon. I was excited, I thought, "great, I can move on from making 1000 jester d-1s and TTing them. I can make a FEW actual weapons that someone will USE. Finally, I will actually have a skill that creates value to another player."

Nope. nope. I have a ton of (L) weapon blueprints from years ago that are totally useless. Looted guns almost immediately washed out the craftables. Craftables were absurdly hard to get materials together for, and when you DID get them together, the mark up you had to charge made them unmarketable vs looted.

And then epIV. The. End. :mad:

What difference does it make whether you pay for something via ammo or via decay? Both ways costs you tt without any markup.

Please don't tell me something about the fallacy that MA receives earnings from decay, we all know that's BS.

at some point they did. confirmed. and you seriously think they were like "no, we don't want to earn income from decay anymore, let's do away with that"?! :laugh:

and, no it's not the only income for them obv.

Minimum age to play EU is 13 years old.

13 year olds should not have access to internet gambling!

Case closed!

:wise:

13-year-olds don't have money to gamle.

Case closed!

Sorry but remove me from petition, nothing going to change.

Cutmyownthroat Marvin Dibbler

Sorry but remove me from petition, nothing going to change.

Cutmyownthroat Marvin Dibbler

it will :)

add me also

I miss days when niks was 160% , gazz 130%. For a while there is no point in mining.

Add me

Mighty T 2mas Kottonmouth

eddric massive slasher

i wish to be added to the list of names ,,, The Mental Bull

Please add me to this list.

only 238 ?

now explain me - is there only 238 active adequate players ingame ? others are gamblers or just passing by without any care ?

and if so - gamblers should be pretty low % of total active players, so - WTF ? why so small number ? is EU dead ?

P.S. may be another thread should be created with voting for leaving explosive gambling as is :)

well i guess there are maybe a total of 3000 active players. now there will be maybe 50% looking up forums and of those are maybe 80% too lazy to post or just lurk away for information. so the number fits quite good. now that would mean that 238 represent roughly 80% of the playerbase.

so the number fits quite good. now that would mean that 238 represent roughly 80% of the playerbase.

That exceed ND school for about 198 votes so we can easy say is 100% of player base?

Back