Planet Calypso Release Notes 2016.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2016-03-15
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Settlement Update
  • Argonaut Island
    • A new outpost with missions can be found on Argonaut Island to the north of Camp Icarus.
    • Instance with daily mission, unlocked by doing storyline missions.
  • Imperial Guardians now offer additional upgrades, talk to Liaison Atwell in Fort Ithaca
    • Adjusted Jaguar Armor Set
    • Adjusted Maddox IV (SIB)
    • Adjusted EWE EP-41 Military (SIB)
  • Increased the number of Puny creatures at Icarus.
  • The CDF has relocated Fort Medusa and Fort Pandora to more easily defensible positions. In addition, the defenses at these forts have been strengthened.
  • Orthos Oil Field
    • Robots have taken over this area, interrupting Crude Oil production.

Changes
  • Vigilante SGA and Jaguar SGA armor parts are counted toward Adjusted Vigilante and Adjusted Jaguar armor set bonus requirements.
  • Renamed the Bristlehog Puny to Bristlehog Pup.
  • The Puny Iron mission chain now displays the mission rewards.
  • Removed holiday decorations.
  • Enlarged the prohibition area around Camp Icarus for Creature Control Capsules.
  • Halved the required Construction Attempts for the Daily Generic Leather Texture mission, adjusted reward accordingly.
  • Get the Crystals (Daily) mission
    • The crystal has been made more visible.
    • Dialogue and objective have been polished.
  • MIscellaneous environment updates.
  • The newcomer Beacon instance entry has been moved from Jennifer’s island to a small island West of Port Atlantis. Use the appropriate beacon to learn of its exact position.

Fixes
  • Mulmun Degenerate and Ascended have been added to the Mulmun Iron Challenge mission chain.
  • Maffoid Overseer, Overseer Elite and Clan Warlord Elite have been added to the Maffoid Iron Challenge mission chain.
  • Fixed an issue causing Daily Hunting missions not to be issued in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue with the Rextelum hunting missions causing NPC “Private Brian” to become unresponsive during a mission. These missions also have had their text and objectives polished.
  • Fixed an issue causing avatars to become stuck in the crashed spaceship in Thule.
  • Fixed an issue causing missing names for several outposts.
  • Fixed a rare issue preventing entry to the cave for the Iron Will mission.
  • Gave Elsa Herrera NPC a set appearance.

Known Issues
  • The Belkar Mining Challenge mission uses text from Planet Toulan, this issue does not affect the actual mission objectives or reward, only the mission dialogue.

Originally Posted Here

[*]Adjusted Maddox IV (SIB)

Yes, let's remove the last little bit of markup we had on limited guns too. :dunce:

At least i had a fun hour doing the argonaut missions :)

Last edited:
Is this a full VU or just a mini update?

Yes, let's remove the last little bit of markup we had on limited guns too. :dunce:

The Maddox IV was a great gun anyway with 71 attacks at 44 dmg at Tier 0. Now SIB and adjusted, I suspect they may be worth something. The killer is that Maddox IV BP I never bought :(
Dunkel plastix will be near impossible to find though.
Glad I held my Maddox IV, just hope the TIRs don't change when I upgrade it.

Last edited:
Can anyone please post the stats of the upgraded Jaguar? Wonder if its worth ruining a T4 set? :scratch2:

Omg, Omg, Omg!! so glad I kept my Mad4!!! yay!! :yay::yay::yay:

Well, you need two for upgrade, also five L maddox IV and heaps of other stuff :)

Can anyone please post the stats of the upgraded Jaguar? Wonder if its worth ruining a T4 set? :scratch2:

jag-adj.jpg

[/LIST]
[/LIST]

Omg, Omg, Omg!! so glad I kept my Mad4!!! yay!! :yay::yay::yay:

Same here...Still have that trusty old ath gun on me after all these years. I am interested in the stats for the adj...

Well, you need two for upgrade, also five L maddox IV and heaps of other stuff :)

Well, thanks for bursting my happy dance bubble Svarog :p

Thanks a lot Svarog.

Have to spread rep....

Thank you Svarog.

so plus about 5 dps and better eco

Have to spread rep....

Thank you Svarog.

so plus about 5 dps and better eco

Damage per shot is the same, so unless decay is reduced it will be the same eco, just a bit more dps. Range is different too (actually less on the EP).

And of course SIB level 40, so fuck you to those of us who made the effort to skill to Level 100 BLP pistoleer to be maxed on Maddox IV...

jag-adj.jpg
Thanx!

Looks like they made it universal by improving the pene/burn and the buff only works for bots also. As for all the other mobs, Imp got better by +2 points, and all the rest is the same. OK, that was an easy decision. :)

10% reload increase for Maddox, hmm :)
I guess the important question now is, are all the ingredients for Maddox IV BP still dropping? If they are everyone will soon run around with an adj Maddox. If not all the current owners just got a silent HoF. A fat one! :laugh:

jag-adj.jpg

Already no Predator Armor BP's on Auction, he-he!
I should think about selling out my Arkadia Shop stock of Predator armor (and BP's) and move to Lupus :laugh:

For those wondering:

adj-mad-mil.jpg

Eco looks to be the same as the original versions, eco is listed in the client loader (DPP value listed there is MAX eco and not actual)
Still very attractive guns.

Feel a bit sorry for Cyrene. Acquiring the big Ozpyn pistol through the Tanhok mission chain was on top of my to-do-list, right next after unlocking avoidance. Seems obsolete now, unless Maddie prices skyrocket to and remain at unobtainable heights. We shall see.

Feel a bit sorry for Cyrene. Acquiring the big Ozpyn pistol through the Tanhok mission chain was on top of my to-do-list, right next after unlocking avoidance. Seems obsolete now, unless Maddie prices skyrocket to and remain at unobtainable heights. We shall see.

meh theyve been going to shit for the last 2 years. a lot more to feel sorry for.

downgraded servers
still no TEN
shitty daily missions that reward empty.vendors or a shit pet with no buffs
botters in the proving grounds

[*]The CDF has relocated Fort Medusa and Fort Pandora to more easily defensible positions. In addition, the defenses at these forts have been strengthened.

Dammit! Always, always my home bases that you change, move or just disappear! FU CDF! :cussing:

Yes, let's remove the last little bit of markup we had on limited guns too. :dunce

Yeah, thanks for that. :banghead:

Pretty soon they can make this a single player game as everything can just go into the tt machine...

For those wondering:

adj-mad-mil.jpg

it says FULL CONDITION for the 5 GDCs, but it doesn't say full condition for the 6 h31a. error i wonder or intented ? i would say it's and error

So compensation for the newcomer clothes is 100.7% Shrapnel at a 1-1 TT Value ratio? I probably paid some newcomer 5 PED per piece or something for my extra sets years ago. :mad:

What happened? Not sure I understand what you are saying.

What happened? Not sure I understand what you are saying.

The adjusted Maddox IV outmodes the Ozpyn BP S1X4, plus, depending on price developments, might even be easier to obtain. Not that I'm unhappy about the new offer, it suits me perfectly and I want it. There just is little reason now to go for the mission on Cyrene. Not sure what's wrong with them (see Venture Bros' comment above which is true), but it seems they could need all the help they can get. The time people flocked there to grab some of the best items in existence is over.

Looks like more range to me. :scratch2:

Yeah I must have read it wrong, I'm not sure why I thought that :D Range is increased on both.

There is no reason for Maddox IV prices to go much higher - there are quite a few BPs around and they haven't become any harder to make. I'm sure there will be a short term boost but it will settle down.

Even if there is an increase, it isn't likely to be enough to compensate for money spent on tier upgrades which are now wasted. It cost me 1200+ just in TT price to get mine up to tier 5, only to find it's now effectively nothing more than a crafting ingredient.

The real price-determining factor is the rarity of the Nano Adjusters. If the Tuning are as common as the Generic then it won't be long before the Adj Maddox is freely available to anyone who wants to hand over markup to MA (cf. Restoration Chips), and the market for unlimited SIB guns up to a similar level of dps and/or eco will be destroyed.

Reactions: San
Back