How low will it go?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
EntropiaLife shows weekly Hunting, Mining, and Crafting stats when you login.
Near the beginning of the migration, the total weekly hunting loot peaked around 8million. Just a few days ago the total number of globals was of 25k, now fallen to 21.1k. More depressing is seeing the % drop which has been over 10% for days.

How low will it go?

Will you make a similar post the week after halloween mayhem? :dunce:

EntropiaLife shows weekly Hunting, Mining, and Crafting stats when you login.
Near the beginning of the migration, the total weekly hunting loot peaked around 8million. Just a few days ago the total number of globals was of 25k, now fallen to 21.1k. More depressing is seeing the % drop which has been over 10% for days.

How low will it go?

What a stupid thread. This happens every year after every event. It's common sense.

Common sense would say: Its an event. Of course it will drop.

Use your head...

Morons.

I know it drops after an event. (But in this case, it peaked after 3 days and has been dropping since.)

But it the good old days, Mayhem and other events were a bonus to playing, not the only reason to be motivated to play at all. And the stats shown were DAILY and had 2 million PED.

AHHH....But in reality, common sense is not so common :wise:

Morons.

I know it drops after an event. (But in this case, it peaked after 3 days and has been dropping since.)

But it the good old days, Mayhem and other events were a bonus to playing, not the only reason to be motivated to play at all. And the stats shown were DAILY and had 2 million PED.

That changed years ago. Some people you would only or mostly see at events because that's when the good stuff dropped, so MA started ramping up the number of events until today where they are near constant. When there is not an event you will see a dip in activity.

Morons.

Yes, you may be a moron....

What happened 3 days ago?

THE WEEKEND!!!! :laugh:

Please quit cluttering the forums up with junk.

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks "What do two plus two equal?" The mathematician replies "Four." The interviewer asks "Four, exactly?" The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says "Yes, four, exactly."

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The accountant says "On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four."

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says, "What do you want it to equal"?

:lolup:

This is why statistics shouldn't be available to everyone.

There could be the exact same number of players, turning over the exact same number of PEDs, for the exact same number of hours - but on 1k HP mobs (Atrox) rather than 4k HP mobs (LT).

Oh my god there's LESS GLOBALS!?!?!?!

This is why statistics shouldn't be available to everyone.

There could be the exact same number of players, turning over the exact same number of PEDs, for the exact same number of hours - but on 1k HP mobs (Atrox) rather than 4k HP mobs (LT).

Oh my god there's LESS GLOBALS!?!?!?!

Yea it's this as well. Eomon young was 16ped and most did 8+ PED longtooth. Now they've moved onto lesser cost mobs and global less. This would be common sense reason #2.

The whole thing is not quite straightforward because the distribution of multipliers is not continuous. I don't track subglobal multipliers in hunting (too tedious) but I have some mining data.

Over the last 5273 PED in probes (3315 ore and 3916 enmat drops) I've had 10 XIII+ (50.00+ PED) but just 7 XI and XII (25.00...49.99 PED); distribution like this is quite typical in unamped mining.

If I used lvl 1 for enmat and lvl 2 for ore to double the cost, I'd have cycled twice as much but wouldn't have twice as many globals.

Hence, if I cycled x PED with low level amps, I'd likely have fewer globals than cycling the same amount unamped.

It is a straight forward simple question, but everyone ignores it.
I fucking know about the ebb and flow -- I used to graph these values (when daily numbers were there and shown without needing to login) and the patterns were obvious with increased activity on the weekends and huge spikes for events.

Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 2 686 542 PED (-13.24 %)
Weekly Globals 21 009 (-11.83 %)

How low will each of the ped value and global numbers go before they stabilize?

Yea it's this as well. Eomon young was 16ped and most did 8+ PED longtooth. Now they've moved onto lesser cost mobs and global less. This would be common sense reason #2.

Exactly, most mobs hunted between events have less HP which results in less globals.

I fucking know about the ebb and flow -- I used to graph these values (when daily numbers were there and shown without needing to login) and the patterns were obvious with increased activity on the weekends and huge spikes for events.

How low will each of the ped value and global numbers go before they stabilize?

Who knows? Why does it matter? No one has a crystal ball. The reason why you think everyone ignores it is because the OP implies and reads like you're whining about it dropping. If you're not, it was simply a delivery problem.

No, we're just trying to demonstrate the question is not quite relevant to the section it's posted in. ;)

That the number of globals, or global turnover, poorly correlate with actual PED turnover.

Seems I misremember how the good old days really were.
eu-daily-stats-2011-12.jpg
It's based on daily ped value which is no longer available.
My "2 million ped per day" never happened, even at the peak of 2011, and the current weekly average is above the yearly average daily value (315k x 7 days = 2.2m ped).

So to answer my own original question, based on the historical data present by this graph, it might go as low as 1 million ped weekly average.

Seems I misremember how the good old days really were.
eu-daily-stats-2011-12.jpg
It's based on daily ped value which is no longer available.
My "2 million ped per day" never happened, even at the peak of 2011, and the current weekly average is above the yearly average daily value (315k x 7 days = 2.2m ped).

So to answer my own original question, based on the historical data present by this graph, it might go as low as 1 million ped weekly average.

Again, while crude analysis can be useful for snapshots, you seem to be putting far too much weight behind this very simple analysis tool.

In 2011, we didn't have sub-50 ped globals, while now, every 10 ped foul young is tracked.

Again, frequency of globals will be higher on high HP mobs versus low HP mobs.

The tracker does not capture all data because all data is not available to be captured.

The value of "weekly globals & value" is utterly irrelevant in analysing the health of the economy. Unless, all you want is a random value plucked out of thin air - in which case, the weekly total will drop to a minimum of 1.3M PED in late September, before Halloween. My source? I just made it up.

Unclassified mobs in El don't count in these numbers and they have several not classified. So, these weekly numbers are wrong almost always. I'm unable to help classify now.. so.. it's up to them.

Lets say actual game in 2014 has 2000 globs
shitty software only records 20% of globs, so 400 globs recorded

Then lets say actual game in 2015 has 1000 globs
shitty software only records 20% of globs, so 200 globs recorded

It's still a trend no matter how good or bad the software or data is, and any trend has it's merits even if you want to adjust the stats by tons of adjustments for a million reasons. It's still highly likely to pick up a core percentage trend.

I quit hunting and skilling pets for now, I've still paid the game even though I'm not getting any globs. But the amount I pay is a hell of a lot less. So sure activity and globs are two different things, however globals will always be a decent measure in my book of "quality" high value activity.

What generally makes me smile, is unless a player is prepared to rack up a massive credit card bill, for most people disposable income remains pretty static month in month out. So there will become a point that cost to play losses it's true value when it reaches it's critical mass (so to speak). There's only so much money to suck out of people...lol.

Hey the game is still here, and I'm sure MA will create ever most ingenious ways to get us to pay them :D

Rick

Lets say actual game in 2014 has 2000 globs
shitty software only records 20% of globs, so 400 globs recorded

Then lets say actual game in 2015 has 1000 globs
shitty software only records 20% of globs, so 200 globs recorded

It's still a trend no matter how good or bad the software or data is, and any trend has it's merits even if you want to adjust the stats by tons of adjustments for a million reasons. It's still highly likely to pick up a core percentage trend.

I quit hunting and skilling pets for now, I've still paid the game even though I'm not getting any globs. But the amount I pay is a hell of a lot less. So sure activity and globs are two different things, however globals will always be a decent measure in my book of "quality" high value activity.

What generally makes me smile, is unless a player is prepared to rack up a massive credit card bill, for most people disposable income remains pretty static month in month out. So there will become a point that cost to play losses it's true value when it reaches it's critical mass (so to speak). There's only so much money to suck out of people...lol.

Hey the game is still here, and I'm sure MA will create ever most ingenious ways to get us to pay them :D

Rick

You obviously failed statistics and are more focused on being a chicken little.

Bad data is bad data. Doing trends on inaccurate information is beyond stupid. The error margins fluctuate by how many are unclassified at any given moment.

Keep skilling pets. Let's leave the analysis to the folks that are at least trying to do something constructive and not taking continual pot shots at mindark. We get it.. you're bad at this game. Most people are capable of staying a float or profiting. The rest take the gamble and get burnt.. then cry here on pcf. You don't get to blame anyone except yourself.

Bad data is bad data. Doing trends on inaccurate information is beyond stupid. The error margins fluctuate by how many are unclassified at any given moment.

Keep skilling pets. Let's leave the analysis to the folks that are at least trying to do something constructive and not taking continual pot shots at mindark. We get it.. you're bad at this game. Most people are capable of staying a float or profiting. The rest take the gamble and get burnt.. then cry here on pcf. You don't get to blame anyone except yourself.

Did you have wank whilst writing that? I'm not sure if I should be pleased about that or not, I kind of had a goosebump shudder all of a sudden there (felt dirty even)....lol.

You obviously failed at percentages. It's still measuring with the same rules, so it's irrelevant what data it's misses, because it always misses the same data, and always collects the same data.

Actually I was backing the OP.....because you lot were climbing all over his arse....with your usually I'm so clever and superior bull-poo.

Besides I "pay" the game, always have. Not I plsy for free and you lot are all suckers attitude....so please climb off your box.

I choose to skill pets, I could just log off and pay nothing. but I'm contributing to my budget. Which is what you lot are always telling me to do...right? So where's the problem.

Rick

It can go pretty low.

Unclassified mobs in El don't count in these numbers and they have several not classified. So, these weekly numbers are wrong almost always. I'm unable to help classify now.. so.. it's up to them.

Well that sucks...because I have to listen to ACwolfy at work every day ask why his 7k lulu stone never tracked.

Did you have wank whilst writing that? I'm not sure if I should be pleased about that or not, I kind of had a goosebump shudder all of a sudden there (felt dirty even)....lol.

You obviously failed at percentages. It's still measuring with the same rules, so it's irrelevant what data it's misses, because it always misses the same data, and always collects the same data.

Actually I was backing the OP.....because you lot were climbing all over his arse....with your usually I'm so clever and superior bull-poo.

Besides I "pay" the game, always have. Not I plsy for free and you lot are all suckers attitude....so please climb off your box.

I choose to skill pets, I could just log off and pay nothing. but I'm contributing to my budget. Which is what you lot are always telling me to do...right? So where's the problem.

Rick

I had a wank reading your spot-on reply tho.

Maybe the enhancers and rings don't give more dps and even with that the total loot per week continues decreasing but that you are not considering... All it matters is defend the "good" name of Mindark... The truth is that less and less people plays and that reflects on output loot...

Everything is fine, full of chocolate rain and candy tree's.

Licking ass for a better virtual life since 2007

:silly2:

Back