Upcoming VU - expectation, speculations, wishes and release date

Not really sure what you mean. I was just suggesting the oil rig and other pvp areas could have a reduced cost to play - oil rig is mostly shooting 200ped an hour into thin air. Making such area's more value for money, and with more interesting content surely isnt a bad thing. It need not effect other areas of the game. Call of Duty multiplayer is extremely popular, making an expanded HUB area on Calypso would be a good idea imo.

Sorry not you. anyone else who would reply. But yes you are right here. It would be cool.

They have the time to make that but not the time to fix a sound refresh rate on a gun.

:girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl:

That was hilarious, but probably was done from some freelancer for few bottles of sweat. Now when I think of it sound refresh rate on a gun is probably also done by some freelancer for few bottles of sweat. So you are right. That sweat could be used better.

Really nothing new if MA decide to screw entire player base just to introduce new half developed idea.

To go with Dan's suggestions - in slight variance ;)
Lets just get rid of all TP's, TP chips, summon functions and wormholes and extend lootable pvp to planetside outside of city areas and have cargo missions implemented for space and planetside.
Lets introduce true stellar systems for space and the respective larger distances between those stellar systems - it should no longer be possible for a vehicle without warp to travel to anothyer planet in another star system in less then a few years.
Lets get rid of revive hopping in space and planetside and make players actually travel where they intend to go -> less revives and make an recently passed revive have a much higher revive range/power then a not yet visited revive closeby forcing players to make atleast 90% of the way to a new revive to actually revive there.
Make revives work accross serverborders to enforce this rule.
Make fuel tanks lootable in space and planetside - except an emergency reserve fuel tank which allows to travel at a set minimum speed to reach the next 'fuel station/auction'.
Introduce weight limitations to all vehicles and make avatar weight count towards them - make them use more fuel and travel slower when overloaded.
Introduce different craftable fueltypes which allow for more engine power and higher traveling speeds.
Introduce a pvp skill which reduces ammo consumption in pvp when attacking vehicles/players.
Introduce a racer skill which allows to operate vehicles with different fuel types more efficiently - less fuel consumption/more speed/power.

:cool:

To go with Dan's suggestions - in slight variance ;)
Lets just get rid of all TP's, TP chips, summon functions and wormholes and extend lootable pvp to planetside outside of city areas and have cargo missions implemented for space and planetside.
Lets introduce true stellar systems for space and the respective larger distances between those stellar systems - it should no longer be possible for a vehicle without warp to travel to anothyer planet in another star system in less then a few years.
Lets get rid of revive hopping in space and planetside and make players actually travel where they intend to go -> less revives and make an recently passed revive have a much higher revive range/power then a not yet visited revive closeby forcing players to make atleast 90% of the way to a new revive to actually revive there.
Make revives work accross serverborders to enforce this rule.
Make fuel tanks lootable in space and planetside - except an emergency reserve fuel tank which allows to travel at a set minimum speed to reach the next 'fuel station/auction'.
Introduce weight limitations to all vehicles and make avatar weight count towards them - make them use more fuel and travel slower when overloaded.
Introduce different craftable fueltypes which allow for more engine power and higher traveling speeds.
Introduce a pvp skill which reduces ammo consumption in pvp when attacking vehicles/players.
Introduce a racer skill which allows to operate vehicles with different fuel types more efficiently - less fuel consumption/more speed/power.

:cool:

Lol you are also modest like me.
Yes it seem that all suggestions are easier to do instead to fix few bugs.
Btw in PE we had to travel as a ghosts, very slow, with obscured vision and find outpost with revival.
That could be half hour or few hours if you were far or if you didn't know where to search for an outpost.
Function "T" did not exist and was implemented a lot latter as a solution when avatars got stuck in terrain, buildings, trees and such and only support could move and save players avatars.
Also weight limitation was big, Strength attribute did not help you to carry more, ammo had weight and no vehicles to cheat with transferring from inventory to storage. Miners preferred blades for occasional defense because blade weight is less than gun and ammo.

Today we are forced to accept strange fact that we can walk around with several vehicles in inventory witch have almost no weight until spawned.
Today we are forced to accept fact that summon function do not require any skills, do not consume mind esence or any other ammo or fuel, do not decay and work always in any terrain with 100% success rate what is full opposite of mind force users using worm hole chip.

Last edited:
Today we are forced to accept strange fact that we can walk around with several vehicles in inventory witch have almost no weight until spawned.
Today we are forced to accept fact that summon function do not require any skills, do not consume mind esence or any other ammo or fuel, do not decay and work always in any terrain with 100% success rate what is full opposite of mind force users using worm hole chip.

That's why they call this a Space Fantasy MMORG.. Oh, with a RCE. :smoke:

Remove renting my own landarea if I want to create an event.
More event options ingame like 10 peds per global automatically payed out. Autojackpot growth payed out to the highest single loot that month.
Cheaper landarea enhancements.
Improve society terminal with society fund possibility.
Mail to society option in chat.
Ingame screenshot functionality
Fix the shops and booths, a lot have no functionality at the moment! Also rearrange the Genesis and Omegaton west buildings so they have the right orientation again in a circle around the TP.

Last edited:
Remove renting my own landarea if I want to create an event.
More event options ingame like 10 peds per global automatically payed out. Autojackpot growth payed out to the highest single loot that month.
Cheaper landarea enhancements.
Improve society terminal with society fund possibility.
Mail to society option in chat.
Ingame screenshot functionality

Allso add possibility for landareas to have the option of looting scores like in the MA events, would be a fun touch to not only see biggesthof (that allready wins) win or most globals or whatever is countable.

They got a game that works alright, generates some income and the users although being a bit whiny are all more or less satisfied enough to keep hanging around so why risk investing time and money on old promised ideas. After all these years they seem to now be in their cozy comfort zone "safe space", happy and content to just chug along, possibly wishing to rely on partners and planet partners share costs or take up the new initiatives role which is smart but not working out so well atm.

Last edited:
I hope MA in upcoming VU to give some love to space , yes many need to developing in EU but from when space have released they forgot it...plenty pppls have invest their moneys and alot more we just love space...:yup:

For start is the best to implement Radars in every ship and give eyes to pilots...let the space to be a funny place and make ppls life more interesting and with capability to avoid space predators...

Next create missions for hunting space mobs and populate SS and TG with hunters...new weapons /ship modules ... :rolleyes: ...start dreaming again...:silly2:

Faceof is Dynamic...;)
Faceof...:cool:

All i wish for is that EU and Mindark have many years of good buissnes in front of them with profit for the company and some side money for the managements oversea tax oasis accounts so they dont drop the ball anytime soon.

Desperately needed space update, I know you pirates out there would hate this idea, but I'd like to see drastically reduced pvp area in space. That and make it impossible for pirates to hide their red icon when switching to co-pilot seat.

I'd love to hunt in space more often but it's nothing more than a liability at this point.

Seeing that there amps for Mining, Laser, BLP and melee, I would like to see some amps for mindforce. Maybe do a little something more for sweaters like being able to upgrade your VSE with sweat to get more sweat out per attempt.

Oh and bug fixes would be nice too :)

I am all for the MF amps , its about time.

As far as upgrading VSE to aquire more sweat , I think this should only be possible if you are level 100.

One thing I would like to see is afk sweaters vulnerable to be sweated themselves.

If they did that, I would get in my quad and make the 2 year trip just to make a point that I didn't like the idea.

Plus I can say that, because they won't do it....lol.

Actually would I do it? Mmmmm I reckon I could last a month out there, maybe two. I wonder if a non-cheating pirate would chase me for 2 years.

Then when I realised my trip was a really bad idea, and turned around. I'd know that it was going to take me months to get back, so I'd probably quit.

Rick

If they did that, I would get in my quad and make the 2 year trip just to make a point that I didn't like the idea.

Actually would I do it? Mmmmm I reckon I could last a month out there, maybe two. I wonder if a non-cheating pirate would chase me for 2 years.

Then when I realised my trip was a really bad idea, and turned around. I'd know that it was going to take me months to get back, so I'd probably quit.

Rick

or the near weekly server down time, plus random kicks, VU upgrades would make a 2 year trip impossible without 100's more repspawn terminals

a new use for sweat. yes, even if it includes teleporter fees.

I imagine something like the arenas in pokemon go (I certainly didn't play that, but I've heard enough of it), only with teleporters. teleporters break/malfunction with time. so people would have to visit them to repair them (different levels of durability are possible, and the lowest should be sweat-only, or some new free-to-gather resource). as long as you are the one that repaired that tp, you earn % of that planet's total TP fees. thus it becomes attractive even for noobs to run all over the place (instead of sweating in place and barely seeing anything the game has to offer, ever - or complaining how their ammo ran out :mad:)... and why run, if you can fly...? and you know how nobody depoes only once...

hell, even a leaderboard of "captured" tps would make people go crazy for them. this would be an entirely new aspect of gameplay, involving urgency and direct competition.

but tp fees still shouldn't be more than 0.01 (maybe a little more the farther you go radius-wise).

in my opinion, at this point it's way more important to give new players goals they can actually accomplish and strive for (to get them to depo), than to lose a few old high rollers that get pissed off at the idea of miniscule fees. cause I've seen from my attempts at mentoring how SHITTY new player retention is, EVEN IF they know the concept of the game!

oh yeah and that scanning system that sb proposed some weeks ago (cataloging species and avatars and whatnot). that idea was spot-on!

PS: pvp? I wouldn't bother with that if it was free...

Last edited:
One thing I would like to see is afk sweaters vulnerable to be sweated themselves.

This is a very good idea. No keyboard activity for 30 minutes toggles an AFK sign above their heads, and you can get sweat twice as fast from those people than you would from a mob.

well so someone everyone would get a second avatar and lets it afk and then sweats it himself... not a smart choice cos thatll drop sweat price by half easily...

well so someone everyone would get a second avatar and lets it afk and then sweats it himself... not a smart choice cos thatll drop sweat price by half easily...

I think they ment the sweat they get from AFK sweater is sweat he got from a mob. So it would not be extra sweat, as the afk sweater would loose his sweat.

It's not making new sweat it's stealing from the afk

i think this will be the update that brings the ring decay, some extra building parts to the plots and some more weapon upgrades

This is the most realistic depiction of the VU update we're likely to get. Even ring decay is a bold feature to expect, but not too bold.

Ideally a crafting overhaul would be cool, but one can dream.

Enforcement against ToU abusers would be cool too.. (Bitters need temp bans) And item wave drop fixes.

I just want more plot content we've had nothing but a shed for awhile now.

Rick

After realising that the fuel cost for a 2 year trip would be around 25k ped and fuel being lootable i bet you would reconsider earlier that other flight options to different starsystems can be safer and cheaper and if enough players did that then there would be secure warp flights offered round the clock as budget flights... ;)

I think they ment the sweat they get from AFK sweater is sweat he got from a mob. So it would not be extra sweat, as the afk sweater would loose his sweat.

It's not making new sweat it's stealing from the afk

Yes , the intent is to keep people awake and actually interacting with the game.

After realising that the fuel cost for a 2 year trip would be around 25k ped and fuel being lootable i bet you would reconsider earlier that other flight options to different starsystems can be safer and cheaper and if enough players did that then there would be secure warp flights offered round the clock as budget flights... ;)

Or not go into space at all :girl:

nvm - wrong place

Last edited:

Think they would still need to fix the costs around producing Warp Engines. Fuses are currently too rare and warp engines to difficult to produce for the above scenario. :wise:

This is a very good idea. No keyboard activity for 30 minutes toggles an AFK sign above their heads, and you can get sweat twice as fast from those people than you would from a mob.

this is the stupidest idea I've heard in my life. the possibility of sweating semi-afk is reason I'm always (!) logged in the game when I'm in front of my computer. cause I can watch videos on the side, write or play different games even, with low input when I have to shoot a monster and move to the next. that is at least half the fun of Entropia for me.

everybody is afk some of the time! so screw the complainers. your bitching is annoying ALL players.

and why did nobody comment on my idea... took me several minutes to formulate the concept. why, if people rather discuss plain nonsense, I won't bother in the future!

Last edited:
Back