Petition: Fix Wave-Based Loot

If Number X = (random 1000) You also could make it random 100000 or whatever. This is cap enough. Try to hit randomly 1 number of 1000 or 10 000 0r 100 000.

At least, would be much more fair as make item wave loot at 13.30 MA time, then 19.20 Ma time and so on.

You'll be surprised how unfair you find it, when "Player X" turns over 1M PED and receives 100 special items, while you turn over 10000 PED and receive 1 special item ;)

You'll be surprised how unfair you find it, when "Player X" turns over 1M PED and receives 100 special items, while you turn over 10000 PED and receive 1 special item ;)

and why? The person how cicle more peds wil have more chances to loot a such item.. where is the problem... i coded a lot such things in my time i developing games. Balancing loot is much importand.

Waves in loot is never a fair thing! except you make the time where it gets looted also randomly and not constant.

and why? The person how cicle more peds wil have more chances to loot a such item.. where is the problem... i coded a lot such things in my time i developing games. Balancing loot is much importand.

Waves in loot is never a fair thing! except you make the time where it gets looted also randomly and not constant.

The only thing "unfair" about waves, is not knowing the timing.

Loot in entropia will be utterly fucked if MA change it to "random occurance", as everything will eventually have zero markup.

Loot in entropia will be utterly fucked if MA change it to "random occurance", as everything will eventually have zero markup.

So it's better for the game if 0.1% have worked it out and the rest lose?

I think I'd prefer random myself.

If you randomize the timing and length of the waves, the only option left for players is to grind for extended periods. The longer you grind the better chances you have for the stars to eventually align.

People's definition of "fair" will never be the same. But I think more randomization of wave patterns would make for a more fun and exciting loot system.

So instead of 10 min waves every hour. How about sprinkling ten 1 minute waves at random intervals every hour?

Not sure why you think randomizing will crash markups. Item caps are still a thing. It's up to MA to decide the potentcy of these waves to keep the economy balanced.

And so a few loot all, and all others pay for it... if all know the time, then everyone only hunt at wave time...
Random is the only way to make it fair! In some cases you can controll how thos random work.

You also could fill up the stack with consumed L items.. if stack is low, the random number increase, if stack is full the random number decrease. There are a lot ways how they could make it better..

A constant time in loot waves is of course not a good idea!

So it's better for the game if 0.1% have worked it out and the rest lose?

This is exactly how Entropia works.

You guys seem to be mixing up the issue of a predictable system, and some kind of "fairness" of how things work. The issue is with the predictability, which also leads to the frequency.

People stating "item caps" don't seem to have a clue how they work either...

This is where things become dangerous when we start writing petitions and such things - the core concept is not at fault here. In fact, OP - would you kindly remove my name from this petition. I don't have an issue with reducing the predictability of waves but a petition to change to random loot I cannot support.

I understand AIO, about is one person of the 0.1% who know the time of loot wave. why should this change? It seems ok for AIO, if all other pay for this. And at least calling it fair ... make me lough.

This is exactly how Entropia works.

You guys seem to be mixing up the issue of a predictable system, and some kind of "fairness" of how things work. The issue is with the predictability, which also leads to the frequency.

This is where things become dangerous when we start writing petitions and such things - the core concept is not at fault here. In fact, OP - would you kindly remove my name from this petition. I don't have an issue with reducing the predictability of waves but a petition to change to random loot I cannot support.

Removed.

And for the record I never recommended a specific system to replace it... in not in a position to make that suggestion. All I mentioned was that the system needs to be "more random"

Yeah sign me up I guess, even though MA has already run me off from this game for the most part.

Marcimex is a pretty fine mob, it's totally worth killing!

OP has camped marcimex for 2 hours (as per EL.com) TWO hours. And missed 2 waves, then starts petition.
OP, there's a shroom per hour, approx. It means you got them all. (if in fact you hunted ~2hrs, as EL would indicate, maybe 3)
You got 2, you wanted 5. How's that OK with you? Maybe for the moment, but if you would have gotten 5, you would have felt again a victim because they would have had close to 0 MU.

They are also random, dps isn't the main factor. But I, as a marci hunter, can understand you didn't know these things, because you only killed very few, but the others that didn't check or put the facts together, think you are correct.

Imagine new players looking at these facts: 5 shrooms, per, how much you hunted, 2hrs, sounds amazing, right? Coming from a guy with 800+ forum posts... he must know what's he's talking - they couln't be more wrong and the disappointment would be huge... and that affects the game a lot. Non experienced taking disciples, and giving advice, creating false illusions.

As a marcimex hunter I very much agree with Aio here. This is the dangerous part, when people ask for a more fair system without thinking about the entire ecosystem (not to mention the clueless that have the strongest feelings about loot).

Predictable system & fairness are very different, with the first being the real problem and the second being what's discussing here.

There are a few types of hunters:

- pro grinders; 10h+/d - EU as a job
- grinders; 4-6h/d - after work and maybe in between;
- occasional hunters; after work and in some weekends, or maybe just during events;
- forum users, with strong opinions about loot but barely hunts, never tracks, never listens, ever adapts, never learns and think 90% return is a myth.

The last category can never be satisfied. Everyone can agree here (even you that are in this category, admit it)

Changing the loot system implies favoring one or two of the 3 hunters category and putting the 3rd in a bigger disadvantage. If there is a big imbalance created at some point, the best way to go by this is to put all 3 categories at a bigger disadvantage then before. But there's always a need for incentives here, for each category to wan to advance to the pro grinder. Remove that incentive or mess with it too often, because 4th category petitions much, and there will only be a forum left, for the 4th category, which will never be happy anyway.

Wave hunting means waves high predictability and I observed hunters knowing waves by the second and that's what hurts the hunters(they loose interest) and the game(less turnover) alike.

___

On short stinktree, MU did not crash from 2500 to 900 in a few days, that's when the hunter started killing brislte, when the wood was 2500.
I was killing bristle 2 weeks before update then few weeks after. Short stinktree was 350% then it went to 6k% in a matter of days. Supply and demand that some people don't seem to grasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aio
I vote for a change, its not like it can get any worse now :laugh:

An other idea could be, that we make the waves publique in chats, all around, if they happen, so everyone have the same chance. But are ppl ready to do so? I mean this ppl knowing, when the WAVEs happen. Are they ready to share this infos, to make the game better, or force MA to make a better system?

They were public, like in-your-face public, they were HOFs when loot wave started. Shrooms were on rare list so you hoffed with each shroom; many were killing back then, multiple drops per wave. Rare messages got taken out long time ago, only one, or no drop per wave (yes, there are many empty waves!) and what?
All of the sudden the system is broken because someone din't play when imk2 were dropping?
Especially you were around, trance, but you forgot or ignored that. You had different priorities

<Pessimist> it's totally f***ed up :( can't get any worse :mad:
<Optimist> don't worry :cool: it can! :yay:

38bbdfe.png

own it....

Back in the days there were a guy at MA that his job was to only to let rare loots to be looted. This guy must have lost his position doing this now due to reducing the numbers of employees there.

Bring back this man and add me to this petition :laugh:

Back in the days there were a guy at MA that his job was to only to let rare loots to be looted. This guy must have lost his position doing this now due to reducing the numbers of employees there.

Don't bring this man back. Game is far better now Suggababe isn't sending pictures of her tits in exchange for a mod merc, shadow bits, or a rancher hat :girl:

Don't bring this man back. Game is far better now Suggababe isn't sending pictures of her tits in exchange for a mod merc, shadow bits, or a rancher hat :girl:

Heh. Just that Sugga was a guy :girl::girl:

Am in!

Sign me up.

You mean this man A-Minute-with-Magnus :)

He still is Chief Operations Officer..

Sign me up change it !!!

It has been abused during migration to obviously.

As soon ELM drop wave started, there was drastically increased activity, for a short time.

Those who are constantly hunting are in a clear disadvantage vs those, who are organized, waiting for the one spy hunter to report ELM drop started and then conplete Soc starts farming these ELM guns, untill wave ends.

To predictable, to easy to exploit, especially for good organized big Soc.

sign me in as well :)
This simple wave loot system is rly something a kid would came up with not a experienced programmer. :laugh:

Tony SandMan Jurca.

Sign me up too, Maximus Cashicus Profitus

"Wave based loot" is like selling lottery tickets that don't have a chance of winning.

It needs to stop.

Back