Developer Notes #14 - Loot 2.0 Update

I realize it's an ancient quote and it might have been changed since then, but just for the record:

disproven by what the old affiliate program used to say, at least in theory?

auction fees may not have been taken out back when Marco said that in 2005, but definitely where when the affiliate site existed... A new dev note on that could be appreciated, but doubt it'll come out since I've more or less asked them for something along those lines a few years, and nothing so far.

I did get some old support ticket that said that the taxes on shops which are on LAs that players don't own goes to the PP/MA but never much more clarification than that. Read through the link list (see sig) if you need more info on all of that.

Last edited:
Rick and Cozmo, you are going absurd. "where are AU fees going". "where is MU going". MU is pvp. If 200 CLD were bought by player X for 1k ped each and sold to player Y for 2k ped each, means that player Y deposited 400k ped to buy them. What is so mysterious? Ofc primarly MU would go depo to withdrawal, conceptually and ofc MA is trying hard to tempt players with PEDsinks. Is obvious. But mission galactica is not mandatory.

One of you is doing punies with 50 ped and he is fine. FIVE DOLLARS. FIVE. The other is doing taming and according to your own statements you're fine with what you put in (and the mu on certain rare pets should surely help a bit).

So you moan about what? :scratch2:

Regarding the ROI of an uber gear buyer, consult Piotr's "1.0 logs". If that is not eloquent, dunno what to say.

Lastly, MA must also have an income and we're trying to burn each other on who to pay it, I hope so much is obvious.

If there are now swings, loot is too dull. If there are swings, loot is too volatile. Nothing is good enough for the average entropian.

Slightly confused Kerham. I wasn't discussing auction fees at all (myself), just continuing a debate regarding MU. I justifying how in fact MU "does" benefit MA immensely, particularly via cash deposits (assuming the seller in most cases, doesn't withdraw). Not a moan as such, more of a debate.

Funny how us players seem to get labels on professions. Think I did 2 years swords, 4 years laser rifle, 3 years pyro other Mindforce, 2 years pets. 354K skills.

EU is what it is, I know how it rolls and still around. Not exactly happy with somethings or promises, but hey ho.

Rick :)

A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants.

On Dev Note #11 they said a part of the Bonus pool is from Marketting. Isn't all fees ?

As i saw from my test, if i remove my uber hof, i'm close to what Dev say about TT% return since 11th september. Before this date, that was horrible.

I think they are on a good way, they try things, they listen community, they answer to our question. All will never be perfect because we are too much diiferent people with different gameplay.
But as i see, now, the cost to play is decent for me.

I like the new game improvement, like the feffoid wave. They try to make hunt more dynamic, i love the Beastmaster and the negative effect from bosses :) Hunting in this area is not boring :wtg:
I like to see the new coat with buff in terminal and not in loot, that mean more equal chance for all players to get one. I hope to see more items like that later and i hope MA will allow planet patner to do same thing.
All is possible now with "this cost to kill" loot 2.0 afterall :yay:

Thanks for this feedback MA and thanks for these explanation about loot 2.0. DPP and efficiency is not same thing, i understand better how it work :)

Pets though.....from last reply.

Well let me see....

Paid 200 for Sapphire Dragon when they first appeared (now worth about 4 peds).
Paid 500 for Ruby Dragon (now worth 80)
Paid 400 for Ruby Devil (now worth 60)
Paid 800 for Epic panda, (now worth 50 odd ped)
Paid 200 for the other rare panda (bought a few more to train, never did in the end) fnow worth 10 ped.
Paid 600 for Sterling dragon (before I found one 2 years later)
Paid 200 for Whisker cat (now sell for 10- 20 ped)
Paid 800 for Sasha (now sell for about 50 - 80)

Bought at ton of other pets mainly to build a collection and entertainment....no issues with that.

Paid a fortune for taming rings that crashed over night.

Believed 20% taming skill bonus pets would improve my loot....it didn't. Was it a waste training them? possibly.

Did find 2 x Royal dragons, 1 x Sterling dragon, 1 x Wasp devil myself over 2 years taming at Atlantis islands.

I did not have any influence or idea on the excessive amount of rare pets drops, or MA's decision to drop 100's of mythical rabbits in strong boxes, killing the pet market. Nor was it my fault to believe MA would deliver on Stables to give more content (which they stated in 2014) and then didn't

I put near one million xp into pets, believing there was more to come for pets. Hey ho it was a ride.

On the plus side, I'm just glad I didn't pay 6K for some pets, as other have. I do really like the pets though, just wish they had more to do. But I refuse to give them away for next to nothing, then some uber rave how great they are and laugh at me after they resell it for 30K ped more after some update (that they are aware is coming).....that is how it has always rolled in EU.

Smiling really. Just saying it's not all sweet and roses, even though I did get into pets for 2 years.

Rick

Ohohohohoh.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH

800k ? You sure ? i'm rich weeeee !!!!!!!!!
Can you send me these ped please.

Don't speak if you don't know anything. I never named you, don't name me !
I'm like almost all players. My TT value items, skills include are still under my investment. Same if i add actual and MU before loot 2.0.

Stop to cry, don't be jealous this not beautifull.

im quite sure it was you who posted her stats with EST set from nearly exclusively hunting at cyrene at first... thats why i said it. would need to search for that post now but im too lazy. might have been someone else but it was roughly 800k profit iirc.
and why am i crying? it was a counterpost to someone crying about items losing value. maybe try to read first before posting shit :)

im quite sure it was you who posted her stats with EST set from nearly exclusively hunting at cyrene at first... thats why i said it. would need to search for that post now but im too lazy. might have been someone else but it was roughly 800k profit iirc.
and why am i crying? it was a counterpost to someone crying about items losing value. maybe try to read first before posting shit :)

You're confusing Justine and Iveline.

Last edited:
50K ped cycle at 97% you still loose 1.5k ped if you dont get it back in markup choose how fast you want to spend it so if you cycle 50k in a day or month expect to depo min 1.5 k ped per day or more and it gone in a day or month

My respect for Ivi, he not crying, not blame MA, just looking new opportunities, adapting and keep playng! Be like Ivi! :wise:

Last edited:
Help would be greatly appreciated and probably urgently needed on this as many participants are logging out or simply not playing until this is fixed.

*Sends a support ticket regarding lag*

Response:
Half the players log out universe wide, and as a result with only half the player base logging in than normal, the lag no longer exists. Problem solved! :dunce:

Pets though.....from last reply.

Well let me see....

Paid 200 for Sapphire Dragon when they first appeared (now worth about 4 peds).
Paid 500 for Ruby Dragon (now worth 80)
Paid 400 for Ruby Devil (now worth 60)
Paid 800 for Epic panda, (now worth 50 odd ped)
Paid 200 for the other rare panda (bought a few more to train, never did in the end) fnow worth 10 ped.
Paid 600 for Sterling dragon (before I found one 2 years later)
Paid 200 for Whisker cat (now sell for 10- 20 ped)
Paid 800 for Sasha (now sell for about 50 - 80)

Bought at ton of other pets mainly to build a collection and entertainment....no issues with that.

Paid a fortune for taming rings that crashed over night.

Believed 20% taming skill bonus pets would improve my loot....it didn't. Was it a waste training them? possibly.

Did find 2 x Royal dragons, 1 x Sterling dragon, 1 x Wasp devil myself over 2 years taming at Atlantis islands.

I did not have any influence or idea on the excessive amount of rare pets drops, or MA's decision to drop 100's of mythical rabbits in strong boxes, killing the pet market. Nor was it my fault to believe MA would deliver on Stables to give more content (which they stated in 2014) and then didn't

I put near one million xp into pets, believing there was more to come for pets. Hey ho it was a ride.

On the plus side, I'm just glad I didn't pay 6K for some pets, as other have. I do really like the pets though, just wish they had more to do. But I refuse to give them away for next to nothing, then some uber rave how great they are and laugh at me after they resell it for 30K ped more after some update (that they are aware is coming).....that is how it has always rolled in EU.

Smiling really. Just saying it's not all sweet and roses, even though I did get into pets for 2 years.

Rick
Wanted to add something but it's better to shut up , I'll say only don't worry my friend, it's EU.

50K ped cycle at 97% you still loose 1.5k ped if you dont get it back in markup choose how fast you want to spend it so if you cycle 50k in a day or month expect to depo min 1.5 k ped per day or more and it gone in a day or month

Have you considered that shrapnel converts at a 100:101 ratio and you can very easily find mobs where the avg MU from loot is 102-103%?

Also, cycling 50k in one day is pretty insane, I would hope if you're grinding that hard you've invested in a very eco setup and are receiving more like 98.5% return rate or even 99% (they said in the stats they gave they actually counted for players hunting in taxed, so the real figures are in fact higher than the ones they gave if you exclude tax)

Last edited:
and how many ped sold this month?

i sold around 100 peds tt of it which is roughly 5k hides which is roughly 5.2 k kills. but mine was the only in auction for quite some time. and yes, that wont work for everyone because when everyone does it the price crashes. thats why people need to start open their eyes for opportunities. you cant expect them to tell them to you because then the opportunity is gone.

Well, again you lie. I had an EST and sold it when they removed it from Combat token trader. I never used it in hunt and i never profited of it.
You are not lazy to find the post where i'm supposed to said that, this post doesn't exist. It's easy to find, i do not post alot on this forum and most are in trading area.
Well, there is rules and one of this rules is to do not name other players, don't name me especially for LIE !

Thanks

I understand what you mean. But you can't ask to MA to hit more hof/globals and win ped and in same time to do not loose ped.
I'm sure MA can give us back 99% return on each loot, 1% for MA fee. But there is not place for HOF/ATH...
We are here for that i think, without the money side, who will stay in the game ?

Ubers grinders with buff was a problem, MA sold it.
Cost to play was a problem, MA try to sold it and as i saw it's better.

You can't expect to win ped if you do not spend (and loose) ped. We still know, the old time is over. You can't play like you played at loot 1.0.
You have to adapt/change your gameplay, like many players did it. I think it's knowledge part. Try to find what work for you.

If you have to depo 150$ a day, ask to yourself why you do it. You do it for play, for entertainement ? If it not worth, deposit less. You try to got an ATH ? Ok why not but this is really rare and we know the profession who can give you the ATH are really expensive.

could you tell me why they are out of business if people dont invest thousands of dollars in items? the MU of items is totally irrelevant for MA. they only need turnover. and they only have to worry for the TT value in the system. [...]

You answered your own question. For turnover, you need gear. Good gear = less losses over long period of times. It's the first thing players should teach disciples :D

You get good gear when you want to do high turnover. People aim to improve efficiency in everything. You can't have turnover with shit gear or limited gear forever...
You also can't get gear today because there are good chances that it will loose half the value in a week because of a patch.
And when people decide to salvage something out of their gear and the withdrawals are increasing while deposits decease, not sure how good that is for the business.
The game may not survive if the clients targeted are using the product like Cozmodan is.
It's understandable that a few users are not interested in the endgame (eg: big bots, competitive participation in the events etc), but if most of the users will stop showing interest to get to the endgame, then it's a bad sign for the business.

If the gear means nothing, imagine the interest in the main events, when the business tries to gather up some funds for various expenses... imagine the interest in the boxes, that used to be an important revenue source.
Right now the trust (the most important currency of this game) of people that put in more than the average, looks, probably, like my graph post loot 2.0 below:
(observe my stable period - turnover was 0 for 1 week, the best return in months :D )

FjGcZMfmRYSEPrr2n7F4gA.png

When you have 0 respect for your most active users, the interest on your product might reach 0 as well.

You answered your own question. For turnover, you need gear. Good gear = less losses over long period of times. It's the first thing players should teach disciples :D

You get good gear when you want to do high turnover. People aim to improve efficiency in everything. You can't have turnover with shit gear or limited gear forever...
You also can't get gear today because there are good chances that it will loose half the value in a week because of a patch.
And when people decide to salvage something out of their gear and the withdrawals are increasing while deposits decease, not sure how good that is for the business.
The game may not survive if the clients targeted are using the product like Cozmodan is.
It's understandable that a few users are not interested in the endgame (eg: big bots, competitive participation in the events etc), but if most of the users will stop showing interest to get to the endgame, then it's a bad sign for the business.

If the gear means nothing, imagine the interest in the main events, when the business tries to gather up some funds for various expenses... imagine the interest in the boxes, that used to be an important revenue source.
Right now the trust (the most important currency of this game) of people that put in more than the average, looks, probably, like my graph post loot 2.0 below:
(observe my stable period - turnover was 0 for 1 week, the best return in months :D )

FjGcZMfmRYSEPrr2n7F4gA.png

When you have 0 respect for your most active users, the interest on your product might reach 0 as well.

Yupp this is my exact point but didnt feel the need to type it out for that guy he dont understand anyway.
Many sources of revenue will suffer (tiering, deposit fees, events, boxes) and the dream that's pushing the most profitable demografic to deposits arent there anymore.
Also ingame MU suffer when turnover drop, you can see it clearly with dmg enhancers, even if they are ar historic lows the sales of them in TT are dropping.

Kinda showing the points that MU wont be holding its own if there are a CAP on returns that you can do nothing to improve.

If you cant get a edge with best gear best skill people sure as shit wont be buying them L guns for 130% for ages.

Most seem to be delusional thinking mu will cover losses of thousands of peds like Eveys graph but please tell me,
Who is gonna buy all the items he loots just to get a even worse return guarantied?

Ive been extremly lucky during 2.0 and had some high mu items (shadow, mf amp, full esi, 2*big esi) but my avarage mu is at 107%.
Evey is just one player and he wouldnt even make it up too 100% with these loots ive been getting.

Edit, once i eventuelly lose my pedcard or have graph like Evey, ivy, smilgs or the burn and breach of trust will never allow me to deposit again and iam sure most Who got burned on 10s of thousands peds feel the same.

Good post there and I’m scared of how many that don’t see how dangerous this path is. Hope they come up with a change quickly.

MA has all the data in front of them. If they see turnover decreasing rapidly they will make a change. If not, then they will do what they think is best for their business. All we can do is sit tight and give our feedback! It's clear from this post that they have been watching popular forum threads closely. Keep talking and sharing your thoughts!

Now can we get an update on that mining/crafting overhaul we were promised? :ahh:

Well, again you lie. I had an EST and sold it when they removed it from Combat token trader. I never used it in hunt and i never profited of it.
You are not lazy to find the post where i'm supposed to said that, this post doesn't exist. It's easy to find, i do not post alot on this forum and most are in trading area.
Well, there is rules and one of this rules is to do not name other players, don't name me especially for LIE !

Thanks

can you calm down? if you actually read the thread you wouldve seen that ive mistaken you for iveline and that has been pointed out.

If you cant get a edge with best gear best skill people sure as shit wont be buying them L guns for 130% for ages.

They will, actually. Maybe not for 130%, but the actual markup will stabilize somewhere. I didn't and I still don't like that MindArk made such a stunt out of the boxes and at some point they basically pulled the plug out. This is not defendable and looks bad nomatter how you put it.

But "breach of trust" is a very big word. Those who wanted to grind alot were captive in a model where they HAD to deposit shitloads of cash to get some good toys, save for the extremely low minority of people who already owned them, such as you. But in the same time, these VISA warriors have been played for years now by a select group of people who almost monopolized the market of uber items. It is true that at least two uber societies which host most of hardcore grinders have been built from the gound up from deposits and that these people together deposited a large amount.

But these large amounts were going directly and guaranteed in the pockets of the above mentioned people who were directly withdrawing the funds. While for random player who joined three years ago, putting in say some 50k$ (and as such righfuly regarding himself and herself as an important contributor to the game) was obviously an effort which should not be trifled, these funds were being directly funelled out.

At this level, the only real breach of trust happened between MindArk and the people who were making a big bang out of uber items trade. I doubt there are ingame more than 20 uberguns and faps in the hands of original owners.

In the same time, the biggest breach of trust happened somewhere else. 99% if not more of depositors were themselves trapped in a model where they couldn't do much save for some extraordinary luck. We were directly lied and manipulated to by players from your group, on all possible "how to play" discussions, into believing that "nobody makes tt profit". "aim for the mu". "don't tt oils, imagine what means to sell 1000 times stacks of 100 peds". And all the rest of the bullshit, while simply owning certain items allowed tt profit. And the whole cage was of course designed by MindArk, transforming the game from a SF epic endeavour where was possible to grow through own means and efforts into a pay-to-win random mmo. And not even pay-MA-to-win as is the case with other MMOs, but pay-some-people-always-the-same-since-2003-to-win.

And here is the moment to aknowledge all the stuff wrote by Aio who was the only one talking openly on how the model actually works (and my apologies if I was ever impolite to her out of disbelief).

It was a fundamentally wrong model and I hope this one is a better one. Can't honestly talk too much about present hunting because, well, I am mining all the time I am in so it wouldn't be honest of me to throw ideas around if I haven't tested them.

But instead of a model where you're trapped dpp-wise under x save for depositing your kidneys (as can be seen currently directly from the efficiency stat) and where most of the cash goes into the pockets of a 4-5 resellers, I prefer a model where most of the cash goes into direct usage and is slowly grinded by (L) MU going to crafters and miners and back.

I am very empathic to a part of those heavy depositors. Those joining in the last few years who were tricked into paying shitloads of cash to these resellers. Fortunately for them, they payed less than previous generation of heavy depositors, in 2008-2009 all items were hugely more expensive.

But the top tier always changes. If current players will step aside, there will be others who will find their way in the new paradigm, is always like this. I would argue that (L) introduction was a biggest disruption than the present one. And still the game survived.

I hope MA learned their shit and they will create less and less traps for such huge pvp MU transfer and they will continue focusing on the large mass of players who can keep the game running.

I also hope they will never repeat again this shit of creating hype for webshop and then nerf the webshop because that can put them down for sure. And while repairing the issue was urgent, this looks bad nomatter how you look at it.

:twocents:

Good post there and I’m scared of how many that don’t see how dangerous this path is. Hope they come up with a change quickly.

I agree so much with you! It is extremely dangerous for the games lingevity or even survivabilty.

People can say whatever they want, i hear a lot that loot has stable returns from all that dont hunt that much but those who did hunt a lot including me can see this is going down to the very very wrong direction. True that ubers and high-rollers are the ones creating most turnover, thus generate most revenue. And i know some will say i am wrong but in fact i am not. As Evey and Carle mentioned above. Its super valuable input. And for those who think they can make a small profit in a long run - think again. There is no room for that. MA could have just done the the worst update ever, they could have as wel just say EU is now subscribtion game, as there wont be positive outcome of any hunting activity while the loot is capped (long term) at 98%. Previously me and many other high rollers - large turnovers where profiting or coming close to profit because we had 100s of thousands of dollars in gear. Which we bought for real cash. It was all done with great mathematical decision behind it, many took risks in plunging massive amounts of real money just to buy that imk2 or perf ares. And that combo was enough to most of the time come out in profit. Now all it is it lets you kill more per same ped spent so deeming that player more efficient, which is right but that player or any other wont profit long term. So MA stated that game is now cheaper to play than ever and that is true for many as profiting players are a minority. But now the minority is no longer as everyone is the same only some people are more efficient (which basically means they can gain more skills while lose same amount of peds) and this is bad as there is zero motivation to skill more or to buy expensive items to fine tune your gear as you know best you can do is 98% long term.
So the last thing is markup and shrapnel with its effective 101%. It is not enough to cover losses. And in this setup mu is the only thing that can make someone profit. For me if my return would be 98% tt with my regular 300k tt turnover per month i need 102% MU. That doesnt sound much but that is just tt against income with MU. To get such turnover you would need to burn enhancers and those add a lot of cost. Other costs involve Mind Essence, oil, overkill, tp charges, auction fees, LA taxes, etc etc. That little mu we had a year ago usually covered all the extra expenses minus enhancers. But enhacers cost could be beaten back by increased tt return from all the fancy items. Now - impossible. So if one wants to work hard and be able to keep afloat and maybe profit a tiny amount is required to do that on specific mob, in specific manner and still be able to have high turnover while not spending any extra money on enhancers, TP chips, tp fees, can not hunt in taxed lands and possibly has to include skills in equation for the return. I can for sure say that the so called high rollers will not do that. We all, or at least most of us, have real life, jobs and families, so having a game to play that we cant enjoy as its so tight just so you dont go bankrupt is no longer a relaxation or fun. Its calculated steps every time you log in. No thank you, not for me. While i used to calculate everything in EU i did it for fun, and my investment was so i can not go broke and can enjoy the game by killing anything i desire and not being punished.
Everyone that understood how stuff works or was profiting before knows where MindArk went wrong - its all the buffs. Maybe first step was back in the days with enhancers. When tiering was implemented things started to go bad as it created disbalance but hey we adapted and kept on going. Now they introduced buffs and that started to create disbalance which is also not the first time in games history. Buffs were all super expensive, but hey, they let you profit so thats ok for some but not for the majority. Keep this thought, i will come back to it.
Back in the 2006 or so disbalance was very present in the game too but that was sort of intentional, it was skills. A high skilled player using unamped imk2 (dpp model at its best) was able to profit all the time because he was minority. Majority at that time was low skilled with setups that could not compete. So one was supposed to lose a lot just to skill up and then invest in high dpp gear to be able to become minority (high skilled high dpp player). They introduced limited gear to combat this. So no instead of majority having 2.0-2.6 dpp they had 2.8-2.9 dpp, and that is massive leap. However they hd to use limited gear which had extreme markup - often as much as 180-200%, but that was fine too as you could loot anther limited item during your hunt that could cover much of the spent MU.
Next disbalance was tiering and enhancer introducement. But i touched that already. Now it was the buffs. And the buffs are only bad because they were not regulated or thought through. 5.0 focus blow and 40% incr crit dmg that i was usually rocking was not balanced. And the only reason why is because of the buff item availability which in turn made these buff items very desirable and extremely expensive. So this time for ma instead of keeping to their original idea of making combines (limited rings into better limited rings) or any other way of creating limited gear that could be used at markup and consumed thus bringing majority and minority closer. Bridging the gap so to say they decided to completely revamp the loot and come out with 2.0. Which in reality is not that bad but it defeats the games appeal. Now there is a way to fix that, but that includes new - mark up 2.0 and new player recruiting and advertising 2.0. Thats pretty much the only way.
One last thing - if you dont think i am roght please just check entropialife data (if u want simple results just use "snowleopards" little web tool, it can be found somewhere on this forum). During last 4 weeks turnover seems to be halved. Huntingg is at its all time low - 2m ped daily. It was 4.5m just months ago. And quite much higher from years ago. If this all doesnt tell you are doing it wrong MA! Then what does?

Sorry for long text and thanks if you read it all. I am not best at formulating my thoughts in words but i hope that will help open eyes to some. Or at least to look at it from my perspective.

I am out
/Soko

Ahahahahahaha , if it's a dangerous path , you should know that it's not MA fault , and if the game will go to hell it's not MA fault it's the fault of all you big Uber's , because for you was never enough , everytime asking more and more and changes over changes you complained that MA didn't made any changes , well they did one.
I want to remember that you Uber's were always there squeezing the system , exploiting everytime , wanting more and more , exploiting waves , exploiting everything was possible to exploit and getting more and more money from the system , and still you wanted changes ... damn . Everybody thinks that if you get a 20k € gear you should profit automatically, no damn no ! Why should be only 10 players that should win always and the others 5k no because they don't have your gear ? I'm just asking how far this thing will go ? Till when you will complain? You don't like the changes just quit nobody wants you here. If not just play smart and stop complain.
And remember it's all you Uber's fault.

. Everybody thinks that if you get a 20k € gear you should profit automatically, no damn no ! .

For you with small understanding of how demand works it the other way around.
Put the worlds in another order and the meaning is alot diffrent.
Items are 20k because you profit more often, not the other way around.
That sentence along is worth more in PR then any other thing in this game and its the long goal for many players, to play at a level where you make money, be it owning land, shop, craft empire, trade ,pilot or hunters.

When a famous youtube.com channel did a list about 6 months back about most expensive virtuell items my youtube.com channels had 5* the normal trafik and stream was at 3* normal views, even got ath in viewers.

The money is clearly the pull, the long climb to better your self is what sells the game and makes you stay.

But how it is now: The pull is gone and the purpose for better your self obliterated.
Sure you can play smart and make some peds on tiny mobs but you know what, you make 100 times that going to your job instead

As for playing smart and at tiny qaffaz mobs for profits.
MA need a set ammount of money for running costs, if turnover is cut in half and decending it does not take a genious to guess what happens to returns.

Last edited:
Back in the 2006 or so disbalance was very present in the game too but that was sort of intentional, it was skills. A high skilled player using unamped imk2 (dpp model at its best) was able to profit all the time because he was minority

I would like to connect these lines. In august 2005 (if memory serves right very close before or right at the introduction of very first SIB item, opalo), an imk2 was worth 50k. Its advantage was bigger than it ever was in last years because of the skills. Yet its monetary value grew in inverse proportion to its advantage. Here is the point where I start to disagree with the rest of your post, because monetary value was 1000% player hype.

I am not sure if you were around in 2007-2009 or that was during your break, but pretty much is the period you're mentioning with very high MU on regular (L) weapons. Forums were fumigating with people arguing how you're an idiot for not paying tens and tens of thousands for UL items just because them were UL. All those which now we can see directly with eff stat at 50% that had not so great eco. hl6 hl8 hl11 cb19 lr32 kesmek smuggler (these slightly later tho) and all the rest of the useless stuff which now floats from time to time on ah. Millions of dollars in deposited MU which went down the drain on player hype.

The game has always been a hidden subscription one.

Of course the game needs ambition and a model to look up to. What I disagree with is that this model should be tt profit-based.

I would like to connect these lines. In august 2005 (if memory serves right very close before or right at the introduction of very first SIB item, opalo), an imk2 was worth 50k. Its advantage was bigger than it ever was in last years because of the skills. Yet its monetary value grew in inverse proportion to its advantage. Here is the point where I start to disagree with the rest of your post, because monetary value was 1000% player hype.

I am not sure if you were around in 2007-2009 or that was during your break, but pretty much is the period you're mentioning with very high MU on regular (L) weapons. Forums were fumigating with people arguing how you're an idiot for not paying tens and tens of thousands for UL items just because them were UL. All those which now we can see directly with eff stat at 50% that had not so great eco. hl6 hl8 hl11 cb19 lr32 kesmek smuggler (these slightly later tho) and all the rest of the useless stuff which now floats from time to time on ah. Millions of dollars in deposited MU which went down the drain on player hype.

The game has always been a hidden subscription one.

Of course the game needs ambition and a model to look up to. What I disagree with is that this model should be tt profit-based.

It's like soko said. 2.0 is an empty shell until markup 2.0 arrives. Still no word on the mining and crafting updates. Would be nice to know if they at least have some sort of roadmap in the works. Not sure if the game will survive if they take their sweet time on this while maintaining radio silence.

It's like soko said. 2.0 is an empty shell until markup 2.0 arrives. Still no word on the mining and crafting updates. Would be nice to know if they at least have some sort of roadmap in the works. Not sure if the game will survive if they take their sweet time on this while maintaining radio silence.

Just to add - only way to increase market value possibilities is to redo crafting and mining. Its possible to fix this mess but its a looot of work for too few hands that they have.

Back