Question about shrapnel and markup

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
I've read several posts on here saying not to convert shrapnel to universal ammo, to TT it instead because you get 101 PED for 100 PED of shrapnel. I don't know if this changed recently, but I put exactly 100 PED, and also tried 100.01 PED (100 PED + 1 PEC) of shrapnel in the TT and it showed I would get only that exact same amount back; *not* the 101:100 ratio several players have talked about in other similar topics.

So what's the deal?

And, if it's true that you get back 101 PED from 100 PED of shrapnel, do you also get 50.5 PED back from 50 PED of shrapnel, and so on?

100 ped of shrapnel turns into 101 ped of UA. you had it backwards. Not sure why anyone would tt shrapnel......

100 ped of shrapnel turns into 101 ped of UA. you had it backwards. Not sure why anyone would tt shrapnel......

As a Melee user who cycles at least 1k ped a day I can safely say I tt a lot of crapnel.

the 101% conversion from shrapnel to UA is why melee is so bad in the current meta and why no one in their right mind should do melee except messi.

the 101% conversion from shrapnel to UA is why melee is so bad in the current meta and why no one in their right mind should do melee except messi.

Call me crazy then. I do like the new Mayhem M-Matrix amps with lifesteal. Though. Also I don't mind my extra hp gain. ;)

He meant SOME MELEE.

I carry a sword when mining PVP parts of Amethera, and I don't waste ammo on every lag spike.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Regarding my second question; do partial conversions of shrapnel to UA also offer the 101:100 markup ratio? If you have 50 PED of crapnel and convert to UA, will you end up with 50.5 PED of UA? It would seem logical, but with this game, logic rarely applies.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Regarding my second question; do partial conversions of shrapnel to UA also offer the 101:100 markup ratio? If you have 50 PED of crapnel and convert to UA, will you end up with 50.5 PED of UA? It would seem logical, but with this game, logic rarely applies.

Yeah its always 101%.

I TT the shrapnel because converting IT into ua means you have to cycle it again.

smiles.

I don't think melee is so bad. I run 65.1 eco using an adjusted unlimited bolga whip with amp for taming. I could raise that eco higher with a bigger amp, but I like the balance I'm running for now.

Besides I can't tame with laser rifle. Sure 1 ped per 100 peds, does add up to a lot of peds over time, but my input risk is pretty manageable as a whip take a few hours to burn.

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Maybe it's kind of crazy, maybe feeding my dragons a ton of food is crazy too. I kinda like it though...hahahaha.

I've skilled lots of professions in EU over years to quite high levels, had a ton of entertainment and loads of fond memories. But from chilled relaxed low pressure point of view, I'm at my happiest I think now....so I'll take that over the extra ammo, and wait for Ma to introduce some new melee toys.

Laters, hof it up

Rick

smiles.

I don't think melee is so bad. I run 65.1 eco using an adjusted unlimited bolga whip with amp for taming. I could raise that eco higher with a bigger amp, but I like the balance I'm running for now.

Besides I can't tame with laser rifle. Sure 1 ped per 100 peds, does add up to a lot of peds over time, but my input risk is pretty manageable as a whip take a few hours to burn.

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Maybe it's kind of crazy, maybe feeding my dragons a ton of food is crazy too. I kinda like it though...hahahaha.

I've skilled lots of professions in EU over years to quite high levels, had a ton of entertainment and loads of fond memories. But from chilled relaxed low pressure point of view, I'm at my happiest I think now....so I'll take that over the extra ammo, and wait for Ma to introduce some new melee toys.

Laters, hof it up

Rick

If you cycle 100k a month, and 80% of that is shrapnel, that's 800 peds you are missing out on if you don't convert.

I can hit 65 efficiency with my set up with arcspark and imp VI but I don't bother with melee now. I can get 63% with my bucketful plus dante, and gain the extra 1% or so from UA conversion. That 1% is likely equivalent to improving your efficiency by at least 10% or so.

If you cycle 100k a month, and 80% of that is shrapnel, that's 800 peds you are missing out on if you don't convert.

I can hit 65 efficiency with my set up with arcspark and imp VI but I don't bother with melee now. I can get 63% with my bucketful plus dante, and gain the extra 1% or so from UA conversion. That 1% is likely equivalent to improving your efficiency by at least 10% or so.
You're forgetting melee skills, melee lifesteal, hp... more evade skill.
Also I think 1% crapnel conversion is stupid nowadays, it makes you forced to cycle it. And generally from my experience that 101% is a placebo, sure you do get the 1% MU, but your actual long term return doesn't get impacted. Except that you cycle more. Lose more :)

all depends on your goals and what the hell you are doing... and how you do it.

If you do nothing but deposit by buying strongboxes on webshop, you probably should TT some of the shrapnel otherwise you'll never loot enough non-shrapnel to do much in game other than to continually cycle forever... forget about buying upgrades on gear, components to up your tier ratings, accessories like clothing, apartment furniture, etc.

and as mentioned, forget about melee... or harvesting, or crafting (even explosives bp require you to guy stuff from the TT, which you need ped for).

If you just deposit pure peds, sure, convert as much as possible...

Most of us do some combination of junk. Honestly about 50% of the time I convert and the other 50% of the time TT shrapnel, muscle oil, and basically anything else that has markup below 105%

A lot of others likely do the same...

Last edited:
I tested a conversion of 40 PED of shrapnel into UA, and got 40.4 PED's worth. The 100:101 conversion rate applies regardless of stack amount. I realize that would be logical, but you never know with this game until you test it. :)

So, if you're pinching your PEDs and PECs, you lose 1% of your returns by TT'ing shrapnel.

Struggling to determine how someone who's been paying for all our HoF's since 2003 didn't know this....

Struggling to determine how someone who's been paying for all our HoF's since 2003 didn't know this....

That's funny, because I read lots of conflicting info by others on this forum on this very topic, and nobody bothered to answer my question, so I checked it out myself rather than just ASSume...especially with a game as bug-ridden as this one.

interesting isn't it. took 3 days to collect 40peds of shrapnel. looks like no one will be hoffing today lol.

That's funny, because I read lots of conflicting info by others on this forum on this very topic, and nobody bothered to answer my question, so I checked it out myself rather than just ASSume...especially with a game as bug-ridden as this one.

I absolutely GUARANTEE that no where on this forum have you read, in any way, shape, or twisted form information stating that you did not get 101% conversion rate when converting any amount of Shrapnel, nor that you get 101% for TTing Shrapnel

I read lots of conflicting info by others on this forum on this very topic, and nobody bothered to answer my question, so I checked it out myself rather than just ASSume

Two things, first up your definition of "lots of conflicting info" is from a thread in 2016 with 12 posts??? i fail to see how that is lots or even a relevant thread.

Second - read the posts above your post of you testing it out, they say the same thing, you get a 100:101 coversion to UA but not if you TT. So you saying you had to go test it out because no one bothered to answer your question is inaccurate.

people tt'ing shrap... so very sad but also so very hilarous :laugh:

baka

As a Melee user who cycles at least 1k ped a day I can safely say I tt a lot of crapnel.

You can use shrapnels (UA) for mining, heal chips and other MF chips, really no need to TT it, even as melee hunter.

Beside that there is traders with big PED card buying all shrapnels, so why lose this little MU to the TT?

You can use shrapnels (UA) for mining, heal chips and other MF chips, really no need to TT it, even as melee hunter.

Beside that there is traders with big PED card buying all shrapnels, so why lose this little MU to the TT?

Lack of time, focusing 100% mainly on melee to max Arcspark. When I do find a buyer I sell it at 100.5% though.
When you cycle 2-3k ped during workdays with melee (songkra) and 10k+ during weekend it tends to get harder to sell, hence the TT. My ped card doesn't actually last to infinity you know. :laugh:

Just replying for laughs.
210 whip+57 ped amp = 267
100000 / 267 = 374 whip runs a month.

374 / 30 days = 12.46 whips a day
But each whip takes about 2 hours.

So it's impossible to turn 100K of whips a month....hahah.

But my pet gives 20% skill gain....that's one in 5 whips FREE!!!!!!!
assuming the pet does what it says on the tin.
Not done the calcs but I think that out ways shrapnel conversion.

swings and roundabouts.

I'm off to bed....smiles

Rick

people tt'ing shrap... so very sad but also so very hilarous :laugh:

baka

You *do* realize it's possible to put shrapnel in the TT window just to see what amount you'll get in PED/PEC, without actually TT'ing it, right? :dunce:

I often keep shrapnel until the end of a hunt, then put all the loots in the TT to get a sum total of all the returns, pre-markup. Actually TT'ing it is another story. ;)

You *do* realize it's possible to put shrapnel in the TT window just to see what amount you'll get in PED/PEC, without actually TT'ing it, right? :dunce:

I often keep shrapnel until the end of a hunt, then put all the loots in the TT to get a sum total of all the returns, pre-markup. Actually TT'ing it is another story. ;)

Lol usually when you say to TT something means you actually turn it into peds at the TT, not sure what you are trying to claim here, that your original intent of this thread was just about putting the shrapnel in the tt terminal?

I tested a conversion of 40 PED of shrapnel into UA, and got 40.4 PED's worth. The 100:101 conversion rate applies regardless of stack amount. I realize that would be logical, but you never know with this game until you test it. :)

So, if you're pinching your PEDs and PECs, you lose 1% of your returns by TT'ing shrapnel.

No. You have the CHANCE of getting 40.40 back.. IF you have 100% return.
TT-ing shrapnel means you actually have 40 PED.

Double your amount and it is 80 ped.
80 Ped is one AUD.
I buy AUDs when I profit.
That's why TT-ing in.my case is the best option.

No. You have the CHANCE of getting 40.40 back.. IF you have 100% return.
TT-ing shrapnel means you actually have 40 PED.

Double your amount and it is 80 ped.
80 Ped is one AUD.
I buy AUDs when I profit.
That's why TT-ing in.my case is the best option.
This is what people don't realize. Converting shrapnels = locked peds.
TT-ing equals in instant peds. I actually like that idea of yours of buying an AUD when profiting. That's pretty smart also.

Back