The Enigma Keys — Final Stage Coming...

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The third and final stage of The Enigma Keys is set to be released on April 28, 10:00 UTC. If you haven't started yet there's still a chance to win the Main Event prize — which is worth more than 50,000 PED!

Don't forget there are guaranteed completion rewards for stage three, including “Karona’s Velocity Jumpsuit” with a 10% Acceleration buff!

Tip: in order to complete the mission chain you must overcome an additional challenge. In this challenge your chance of success increases with every completed attempt.

Details are on The Enigma Keys event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/keys-of-enigma/

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
a saturday, i'm kinda surprised :laugh:

Tip: in order to complete the mission chain you must overcome an additional challenge. In this challenge your chance of success increases with every completed attempt.

Is this the point where MA have intentionally SNAFU-ed things, by entering people into round after round of high-ped-spend failure, but with the caveat that their chances ARE increasing... really!!!?

I very much hope the community comes together and shares info once the first half dozen people have finished...

Edit: the song "Victim of Love" has the phrase "I could be wrong, but I'm not, no I'm not" in it. ...and you've got to love MA sometimes - at least this is my expectation, but we shall see.

Last edited:
Is this the point where MA have intentionally SNAFU-ed things, by entering people into round after round of high-ped-spend failure, but with the caveat that their chances ARE increasing... really!!!?

I very much hope the community comes together and shares info once the first half dozen people have finished...

Edit: the song "Victim of Love" has the phrase "I could be wrong, but I'm not, no I'm not" in it. ...and you've got to love MA sometimes - at least this is my expectation, but we shall see.

Yea, it sounds like money grab - hey, they have to get that 50k ped from somewhere/someone :p But hope we are wrong, it would not work anyway - i doubt ppl would pay much for 10% speed buff clothes except for ppl having real chance to win main prize. Either way glad it's finally released - I can leave caly soon :yay:

The third and final stage of The Enigma Keys is set to be released on April 28, 10:00 UTC.

Hope it doesn´t takes 8 hours again or I am out due to bad timing for me. :(

OK, forgive my complete ignorance here and whether it has been mentioned or discussed to death already (my apologies), but wanted to get something straight:

The goal of this event is to complete the tasks in the quickest time possible.

Now, for me, that doesn't mean I have to be ready at the NPC to click on it to activate the mission as soon as it's available, because that might simply be impossible due to an amount of other players crowded around the poor girl trying to do exactly the same thing.

Regardless of whether I start each stage of the mission a day or three into the event duration, the timer should be starting from the moment I accept that mission from the NPC - not from the time the mission becomes available. Appreciate that there isn't an 'end date' for each stage of course.

Feel free to call me completely dumb or missing or the point, but seems quite sensible and logical that not all players (given timezones, work and family commitments, whatever else) will be able to be online at the start time. It's common sense, so having start time for each stage at different times of the day to acommodate people in different timezones should be irrelevant.

Therefore it seems entirely reasonable that the 'timer' should begin at the moment the player accepts the stage of the mission.

Please tell me I'm not going loopy.

Last edited:
It's not the fastest that wins, it's the first.

"The first six players to complete each stage will get extra bonus points."

OK, forgive my complete ignorance here and whether it has been mentioned or discussed to death already (my apologies), but wanted to get something straight:

Now, for me, that doesn't mean I have to be ready at the NPC to click on it to activate the mission as soon as it's available, because that might simply be impossible due to an amount of other players crowded around the poor girl trying to do exactly the same thing.

Regardless of whether I start each stage of the mission a day or three into the event duration, the timer should be starting from the moment I accept that mission from the NPC - not from the time the mission becomes available. Appreciate that there isn't an 'end date' for each stage of course.

Feel free to call me completely dumb or missing or the point, but seems quite sensible and logical that not all players (given timezones, work and family commitments, whatever else) will be able to be online at the start time. It's common sense, so having start time for each stage at different times of the day to acommodate people in different timezones should be irrelevant.

Therefore it seems entirely reasonable that the 'timer' should begin at the moment the player accepts the stage of the mission.

The mission starts the second the event goes live. when you take the mission yourself you can take the next stage 1hr after getting the mission. but the winners are the first to finish. so if you arn't starting the misison within the first say 10-15 mins and sitting there for each hr after, you won't win. unless ofc the final stage is a longer mission like first to loot 1000 randomly looted items or something.

Like so many things in life, that's how it should be, but that's not how it is.

Thank you Gollum, Jetman and Xen.

"It's not the fastest that wins, it's the first."

Ah yes, this is the key point. Thanks for highlighting / reminding me.

Good luck to everyone who is able to be online at complete the tasks.

.. unless ofc the final stage is a longer mission like first to loot 1000 randomly looted items or something.

From MA's poor wording it is logical that the additional challenge is one you can "complete" but fail. You will then have to do it again, but the chance of passing will be 'higher'.
"Tip: in order to complete the mission chain you must overcome an additional challenge. In this challenge your chance of success increases with every completed attempt."

Putting in about 1 min of effort into thinking about what we have seen so far as an indicator of the next step, my guess is it's going to be something like: you will find 100 mobs in the cave. Please loot 30 special fragments from them in 1 run (at a drop chance of 1:10 or so) to succeed. If you are unsuccessful, your counter is reset, but the number you need decreases by one each time you try.
To avoid giving up on bad runs you will not be allowed to leave the cave until you have killed the 100 mobs or 2 hours have passed.

Something like this :eyecrazy: ....
Of course, I don't expect them to actually tell us our chances, so I expect we will have to share info from finishers to gauge what average costs to expect for our extra fast jogging suits....

Don't forget there are guaranteed completion rewards for stage three, including “Karona’s Velocity Jumpsuit” with a 10% Acceleration buff!

Will this jumpsuit remove all of your armor except the helmet like the other jumpsuits? :rolleyes:

From MA's poor wording it is logical that the additional challenge is one you can "complete" but fail. You will then have to do it again, but the chance of passing will be 'higher'.
"Tip: in order to complete the mission chain you must overcome an additional challenge. In this challenge your chance of success increases with every completed attempt."

Putting in about 1 min of effort into thinking about what we have seen so far as an indicator of the next step, my guess is it's going to be something like: you will find 100 mobs in the cave. Please loot 30 special fragments from them in 1 run (at a drop chance of 1:10 or so) to succeed. If you are unsuccessful, your counter is reset, but the number you need decreases by one each time you try.
To avoid giving up on bad runs you will not be allowed to leave the cave until you have killed the 100 mobs or 2 hours have passed.

Something like this :eyecrazy: ....
Of course, I don't expect them to actually tell us our chances, so I expect we will have to share info from finishers to gauge what average costs to expect for our extra fast jogging suits....

True, unless its a untimed mayhem event with lvl 50 mobs and each fail causes the lvl of the mobs to drop until you finish

True, unless its a untimed mayhem event with lvl 50 mobs and each fail causes the lvl of the mobs to drop until you finish

From a programming perspective, I'd expect them to be choosing something on the 'easier' side of things, but this is the grand finale, so who knows :rolleyes:;)?

I just ask me, why it does need 8 task, with waiting of 1 hour between next task, if only the task 8 is important, to be the first one, or one of the 6 ppl. This also means, that it is fully random, who will get it. Why not just make a lottery, if it is only random, more or less.

Each task should calculate, the time you had per task, and no waiting between next task. Otherwise all the task before task 8 are just a sensless pain.

The third and final stage of The Enigma Keys is set to be released on April 28, 10:00 UTC. If you haven't started yet there's still a chance to win the Main Event prize — which is worth more than 50,000 PED!

Impressive.

Unfortunately, many employers in my country can enforce a 1 month notice for holiday requests now (not that, that would stop me ;) but it may cause issues for others)

Saturday morning (UK time) and Friday night (West coast USA) may take down Camp Icarus, but it's a good time to hold the final stage. I'm pleased it wasn't set during the standard working week.

Good luck all. :thumbup:

Impressive.

Unfortunately, many employers in my country can enforce a 1 month notice for holiday requests now (not that, that would stop me ;) but it may cause issues for others)

Saturday morning (UK time) and Friday night (West coast USA) may take down Camp Icarus, but it's a good time to hold the final stage. I'm pleased it wasn't set during the standard working week.

Good luck all. :thumbup:

Lol that's not Friday night, that's middle of the night anywhere in the USA, 6am EST is not terrible I guess... but perfect for Europeans so all is good. :rolleyes:

Really dumb to have to be at the NPC at a certain time and then need 8 hours of free time after that.

Lol that's not Friday night, that's middle of the night anywhere in the USA, 6am EST is not terrible I guess... but perfect for Europeans so all is good. :rolleyes:

Really dumb to have to be at the NPC at a certain time and then need 8 hours of free time after that.

Trust me, most European Entropians I know would prefer early (2am) Saturday morning to 9am Saturday morning for this. ;)

The start time is known and sleep patterns can be set. Red bull / coffee is pretty cheap.

The client loader shows who are the front runners, they'll be prepared. The rest of us are mostly also - rans anyway.

Wrrr. All you lucky people with weekends off.

Well unless you try to win you can do it anytime you like, and if you are trying to win staying up late for $5000 prize doesnt seem like too much of an ask, esp at a weekend.

Well unless you try to win you can do it anytime you like, and if you are trying to win staying up late for $5000 prize doesnt seem like too much of an ask, esp at a weekend.

The problem for myself and probably many isn't always the specific time, it's also the required 6-8 hours after. People have jobs, businesses, families... so there is no option to try to win.

Theres always options, just some dont wish to take them, id take a day off work for a shot at $5000 worth using a sick day or even taking a day without pay (depend on your job ofc if youre a childrens doctor or something its different but for most) , can have my wife/husband/grandma look after the kids, if you think you have a shot you could even hire a nanny for a fraction of the cost of the prize. If you own a business leaving it in hands of someone else for 8 hours or running it from home is probably more +ev than skipping a $5000 mission. Just depends how dedicated some are, how likely they think they are to win and how hard thyere willing to try. When prize is big some sacrifices are worth it and some arent, those who put in the most for this mission (or just no lifers in moms basement up for days on adderal) are the most likely to win.

I wished this contest was more "national treasure" then "the amazing race".

In the book the contest took years for people to figure out the clues and puzzles.

Details are on The Enigma Keys event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/keys-of-enigma/

Originally Posted Here

...hoping that those attempts will not cost 50kPED:scratch2:

Buff on new Jumpsuit

"Don't forget there are guaranteed completion rewards for stage three, including “Karona’s Velocity Jumpsuit” with a 10% Acceleration buff!"

Wohooo and its a jump suit! Can't wait to have it xD hope its in black/red colours hmmm :ahh:

"Don't forget there are guaranteed completion rewards for stage three, including “Karona’s Velocity Jumpsuit” with a 10% Acceleration buff!"

Wohooo and its a jump suit! Can't wait to have it xD hope its in black/red colours hmmm :ahh:

It will be pink ;)

not 100%, but iirc the jump suits can't be worn under your armour. if thats the case its a shame. Adj Harrier gives 8% buff and a little armor. but ofc the jump suit will be lighter and 1 item slot

Back