Suggestion: Return the 2ped fee in space...

Post_History

Prowler
Society
Space Police
PostHistory PostHistory Hax
Hello,

I have spent some time mulling over this idea in my head since they removed the 2PED fee to land planet side...

If they reversed the idea... That is charge "up to 2PED" to enter space from ANY location, we could have a "Fix" for all of us being bored in space.

Here is how I see it working...

Why is it "up to 2PED"?
I think it should be on a scale value relative to the SI value of your Space Craft, IE Vtol and Quad-wing and their spin offs...
If you just put one click of a RK-5 into it make it a cost to enter around 25PEC(I am sure if you make the formula it could be less who knows not gone that far...)

When is the "up to 2PED" fee charged?
  • entering space from planet
  • re-entering space from space station
  • re-entering space from mothership

What is the purpose of the "up to 2PED" fee?
  • It will go into a lootable ammo pool just like land Toxic PVP

Some limitations are required and I am happy for suggestions that remain close to as possible to ON Topic to my idea.
  • After being blown up the first time in space you have a time limit bubble protecting you for X minutes, you loose this limitation if you initiate a trade or loot someone.

Interesting idea!

I would make it 20 PED.
I would also make it 20 PER per hour spent in space and not when entering the space.

- I hope my suggestion is very close to yours.
Regards

Interesting idea!

I would make it 20 PED.
I would also make it 20 PER per hour spent in space and not when entering the space.

Regards

I think you would find that this would impact more people than you are targeting... Interesting concept to use pay/hr though...

It only bridges your idea to tax space travel with MA's plan of making the game a per hour pay. It could work, MA could replace the damn oil with some dilithium crystals that will process deuterium (pec from card) every second spent in space. :cool:

It only bridges your idea to tax space travel with MA's plan of making the game a per hour pay. It could work, MA could replace the damn oil with some dilithium crystals that will process deuterium (pec from card) every second spent in space. :cool:

At what point has Mind Ark announced Pay/hour of play... No bridge but a passive derail is how I read this...

Why is it "up to 2PED"?
I think it should be on a scale value relative to the SI value of your Space Craft, IE Vtol and Quad-wing and their spin offs...
If you just put one click of a RK-5 into it make it a cost to enter around 25PEC(I am sure if you make the formula it could be less who knows not gone that far...)
Lol.. suggestion of a pirate.. lets encourage people to enter space in minimally repaired craft so they pay less for the lower SI. Why ? so that it is cheaper for pirates to shoot them down perhaps.
Also why should the person with a new ship, or who is careful get financially penalised for having a higher SI.

When is the "up to 2PED" fee charged?
  • entering space from planet
  • re-entering space from space station
  • re-entering space from mothership
Hmmm.. sounds innocent .. but is it ?
Many pirates sit in space for hours if not all day, only entering a space station planet or asteroid for occasional repairs (ok yes they would be charged) or more commonly to TT or tradeloots..in which case some other poor soul paid the fee for them, so why would they care.

So pirates who are generally the more practised shots will get to take ped from the pool presumably to help cover their dreadful losses on all you horrid space traveller 'no looters' :laugh:

Some limitations are required and I am happy for suggestions that remain close to as possible to ON Topic to my idea.
  • After being blown up the first time in space you have a time limit bubble protecting you for X minutes, you loose this limitation if you initiate a trade or loot someone.
So they have been shot and cant be looted again for X minutes unless they trade. What so your friends don't waste ammo killing someone you already cleaned out ? Is traveller loot really that bad these days, shouldn't we just have a whip round or some crowd funding to help these starving pirates ? Really !!!!

Interesting idea!

I would make it 20 PED.
I would also make it 20 PED per hour spent in space and not when entering the space.

Regards

Careful what you wish for
Lets look at the impact this could have and why...

Who would this impact most ?

Pirates...a 20 ped entry fee to space is.unlikely to matter to them as they sit in space for hours sometimes the whole day, so 2ped or 20ped paid would be a tiny percentage of their costs compared to ammo used. Unless accompanied with the charge per hour. So is this a win ?... read on

Space service providers such as taxis, equus warps etc.. In and out of space several times a day, so they would pay a disproportionate amount of entry fees.

Taxis would be put out of business at a stroke.. those players using this cheap option for travel would simply never leave planet and never get to play 80% of the game ie other planets... why because they are low budget and this would be money they cannot afford.

Equus/Firebird warps Cost would be passed to customer and may incur a premium to help cover relocation costs if the customer is taking a flight to a quieter planet with little hope for the owner to get a return paid flight. Result.. businesses would crash.

Privateers and Motherships
Are you really suggesting they have to pay 20 ped per hour to sit in space and watch to see if customers want a ride ? Or should they have to come to planet to spam and pay the entry fee to space instead ?
Who will really pay this...the customer ofc, thereby pushing the warp prices through the roof, killing warp trade and leading to more people risking their lootables in their quads.. boom.. pirates will get Christmas every day. Spaceship owners will likely rage quit game as their services as their ships have been rendered valueless useless hulks.
Repair skilling services...GONE instantly
Why? because your proposal would cost the repair skiller an additional 100ped per RK-5 used. (20 ped to enter space from planet, 20 ped per hour they are in space (3.5 to 4 hours minimum) and 20 ped to re-enter space from the MS = 100ped on top of the normal costs incurred ie tools wire etc)

Both these suggestions will lead to totally isolated planets, this is Entropia UNIVERSE. Not Entropia (pick planet name).

Granny Rest assured I am trying to think this thing through logically...
Lol.. suggestion of a pirate.. lets encourage people to enter space in minimally repaired craft so they pay less for the lower SI. Why ? so that it is cheaper for pirates to shoot them down perhaps.
Also why should the person with a new ship, or who is careful get financially penalised for having a higher SI.
To reduce exploitation... the reason I have suggested a sliding scale is to stop PED farming with a Low SI ship paying 2PED and being shot once giving 2PED ish ammo....

[/Quote]
Hmmm.. sounds innocent .. but is it ?
Many pirates sit in space for hours if not all day, only entering a space station planet or asteroid for occasional repairs (ok yes they would be charged) or more commonly to TT or tradeloots..in which case some other poor soul paid the fee for them, so why would they care.
We would have to be more careful with how we interact with space and this could actualy be detrimental to us, especially the way I paly.

So pirates who are generally the more practised shots will get to take ped from the pool presumably to help cover their dreadful losses on all you horrid space traveller 'no looters' :laugh:
If people want to travel through space "Safely" they should... do one of a few things...
  • Hire a Warp service
  • Hire a Expert Space travel service
it is not just to "Cover the Losses" we really don't have them...

So they have been shot and cant be looted again for X minutes unless they trade. What so your friends don't waste ammo killing someone you already cleaned out ? Is traveller loot really that bad these days, shouldn't we just have a whip round or some crowd funding to help these starving pirates ? Really !!!!
No I see this as an attempt to remove the ability to keep killing someone over and over to drain their PED card (see I do care...)

Careful what you wish for
Lets look at the impact this could have and why...

Who would this impact most ?

Pirates...a 20 ped entry fee to space is.unlikely to matter to them as they sit in space for hours sometimes the whole day, so 2ped or 20ped paid would be a tiny percentage of their costs compared to ammo used. Unless accompanied with the charge per hour. So is this a win ?... read on

Space service providers such as taxis, equus warps etc.. In and out of space several times a day, so they would pay a disproportionate amount of entry fees.

Taxis would be put out of business at a stroke.. those players using this cheap option for travel would simply never leave planet and never get to play 80% of the game ie other planets... why because they are low budget and this would be money they cannot afford.

Equus/Firebird warps Cost would be passed to customer and may incur a premium to help cover relocation costs if the customer is taking a flight to a quieter planet with little hope for the owner to get a return paid flight. Result.. businesses would crash.

Privateers and Motherships
Are you really suggesting they have to pay 20 ped per hour to sit in space and watch to see if customers want a ride ? Or should they have to come to planet to spam and pay the entry fee to space instead ?
Who will really pay this...the customer ofc, thereby pushing the warp prices through the roof, killing warp trade and leading to more people risking their lootables in their quads.. boom.. pirates will get Christmas every day. Spaceship owners will likely rage quit game as their services as their ships have been rendered valueless useless hulks.
Repair skilling services...GONE instantly
Why? because your proposal would cost the repair skiller an additional 100ped per RK-5 used. (20 ped to enter space from planet, 20 ped per hour they are in space (3.5 to 4 hours minimum) and 20 ped to re-enter space from the MS = 100ped on top of the normal costs incurred ie tools wire etc)

Both these suggestions will lead to totally isolated planets, this is Entropia UNIVERSE. Not Entropia (pick planet name).

Thanks for the above passage it I could not have put it better myself...

With one exception... 2ped fee was always charged/passed on by Equus... and there would be no change for any other method... just the return of the 2ped fee in a different way....

Last edited:
All is fine except for this part
as I don't want to sponsor the obvious beneficiaries of this :). I would rather pay 20 ped fee that would go straight to the "Booze and hookers" fund for the developers. Or just 100 ped for planet-planet tp.

All is fine except for this part

as I don't want to sponsor the obvious beneficiaries of this :). I would rather pay 20 ped fee that would go straight to the "Booze and hookers" fund for the developers. Or just 100 ped for planet-planet tp.

Your thinking current situation with new rules making no change... I am thinking new situation with new rules...

You forgot something else to add.

Disable changing seats in space.
I mean its pretty cold there, right?
You can´t turn off your machines.

have you not heard its in PVP1 you know the oil rig? and OT....

OT stands for many things. One thing it absolutely does not stand for in common use is Off Topic. What the fuck are you talking about. If anything in your context it would stand for ON TOPIC which makes even less sense as he is not on topic.

Jesus man... Get your shit together. Use acronyms appropriately.

Last edited:
You forgot something else to add.

Disable changing seats in space.
I mean its pretty cold there, right?
You can´t turn off your machines.

well, dont know about you, but I could easily climb over the gunner seat towards the pilot seat. No need to open the canopy for that.
It's not a tiny F16.

But I guess that if you have a really fat and chubby character, it should be disabled as you suggested.

At what point has Mind Ark announced Pay/hour of play... No bridge but a passive derail is how I read this...

You see it that way because it's in contradiction with your biased suggestion.

Mindark did announce their goal is to get to a point where their customers get to pay the platform an hourly fee. But I can't remember where the article with the interview was. I'm sure many saw it though. And yes, an hourly fee would be appropriate. It can be something more simple than deuterium, something like a toxic shot you need to take every 5 minutes spent in space. Going into Space Station should only pause that timer.

The reason for which space remains such a garbage and toxic place for regular Entropians is that there is no gain for MA at the moment and it would need a substantial update in order for it to be a place for everyone and also bring some revenue. But I'm pretty sure something will happen in the next 2-3 years with the space and I hope this time will favor the players and not only for a few.

From my perspective, they can close it altogether and only have to pay a fee for MS owners to switch planets. It should be that easy and all of us would be happy I think; except pirates - but that would be a bonus.

I have nothing personal against piracy. I understand it's how it works and I should adapt. I personally never lost loot in space, except the first time I went - and lost very little. But the amount of toxic waste and drama it brings, it only attracts a certain profile of player that's really against all common sense that only damages even more the experience of a regular player. And the pirates are unhappy with checking the luggage of most people going into space, they want to check ALL luggage and also get more payment for it, it's really ridiculous.

1$ per hour would be absurd!

Why on earth would anybody want to hang around for 1 $ per hour???

What was the context of that statement?

There is a link near the name to the original post, here in case it doesn't work for you.

It sounded absurd back then but right now they most likely aim for more, because it's already well past $1, implicitly. Well, perhaps not if you are snoozing at the backseat of your quad.

Being a dooshbag is so hard! LOL
If MA was serious about making space more accessible they would do what they did at the Arkadia Moon. Not what they did to Eveys idea about the medistim pills.

Last edited:
You see it that way because it's in contradiction with your biased suggestion.

Mindark did announce their goal is to get to a point where their customers get to pay the platform an hourly fee. But I can't remember where the article with the interview was. I'm sure many saw it though. And yes, an hourly fee would be appropriate. It can be something more simple than deuterium, something like a toxic shot you need to take every 5 minutes spent in space. Going into Space Station should only pause that timer.

The reason for which space remains such a garbage and toxic place for regular Entropians is that there is no gain for MA at the moment and it would need a substantial update in order for it to be a place for everyone and also bring some revenue. But I'm pretty sure something will happen in the next 2-3 years with the space and I hope this time will favor the players and not only for a few.

From my perspective, they can close it altogether and only have to pay a fee for MS owners to switch planets. It should be that easy and all of us would be happy I think; except pirates - but that would be a bonus.

I have nothing personal against piracy. I understand it's how it works and I should adapt. I personally never lost loot in space, except the first time I went - and lost very little. But the amount of toxic waste and drama it brings, it only attracts a certain profile of player that's really against all common sense that only damages even more the experience of a regular player. And the pirates are unhappy with checking the luggage of most people going into space, they want to check ALL luggage and also get more payment for it, it's really ridiculous.

There is a link near the name to the original post, here in case it doesn't work for you.

It sounded absurd back then but right now they most likely aim for more, because it's already well past $1, implicitly. Well, perhaps not if you are snoozing at the backseat of your quad.

Right so now this is in context thanks to the link above... (also note that this statement was made in 2006!!!)
$1/hour spend in game activities... not $1/hour to sit still and do nothing...

Last edited:
What are you insane? You're not losing enough money in this game you actually are asking them to add back a fee for space?? LOL

Space - the deadest part of the game that could easily be replaced with direct TPing from planet to planet. The dropped fee is the only thing encouraging people to go from planet to planet more often and you want that changed?

You sure you don't work for Mindark's marketing team? This definitely sounds like their logic... :laugh:

It was talk about MA balancing for revenue/decay. It was a regular topic of discussion when I started here, MA trying to clear 10 ped/hr per active player.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?131557-MA-s-average-income-per-hour-per-user

Can't find MA direct statement in a quick google but it's here somewhere.

EDIT: lol should have read page 2 before replying.

i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee.

I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad.

Also i would add part of the decay used with the rk and wires on the ship so if u get detroyed looter gets always something. this i would make like the looter can either chose to loot the ship (take its S.I. peds in form or metal residue) or the driver (take his eventual loot). Ofc S.I. peds will be comulative to ship so if the player gets looted the ship will have double ped if looted at the next round.
Yes this will make everyone being looted twice, but would also prepare the looted to the pirates so he can get his kismet ready and maybe fight back either than being looted from the back and having no chance to reply.
Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated.
I will also added a crafted shield that protect the ship from the first 2 shot received as a new ships attachment. A shield with very, very high tt decay (10ped each 2 shots) so the attacker is not incentivated to use it.

I will also add mobs everywhere in space not just in training areas, and slow down ships once hitted by mobs or other players. It would be nice also having asteroids added everywhere and minable thru a new ships attachment.

The actual consumption of oil is fine, and id like the land planet fee removed, they just useless.

There are so many issues to bother the community. This is not one of those. I don't want to give negative to you Post but I thing this thread is just a trolling one.
Move on.

Interesting idea!

I would make it 20 PED.

Regards

Pack it up boys, nothing more to see.

No, thanks.

If they should do anymore fee changes, it's removing the fee to teleport from space station to planet...

I almost didn't reply to this post by Corwin, but then realised it perpetuated certain space myths that could lead others to false conclusions

Have you actually considered the implications of your options?

i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee. .
You say 30-50ped TP Planet to Planet. If a TP is similar in price to a warp cost (say 25 or 30 ped warp plus 7 ped tp to planet) then why use a warp at all, what then happens to all those that invested in spaceships, and worked hard for years to provide services to travellers ?

I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad. .
That weight limit is not there to make them targets for pirates, it is there to protect the trade of the privateers etc, as the equus/firebird does not have TP usage as well as warp costs. It was MAs attempt to level the playing field

Also i would add part of the decay used with the rk and wires on the ship so if u get detroyed looter gets always something. this i would make like the looter can either chose to loot the ship (take its S.I. peds in form or metal residue) or the driver (take his eventual loot). Ofc S.I. peds will be comulative to ship so if the player gets looted the ship will have double ped if looted at the next round.
Yes this will make everyone being looted twice, but would also prepare the looted to the pirates so he can get his kismet ready and maybe fight back either than being looted from the back and having no chance to reply.
Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated..
This shows a total failure to understand space.. you would need same rules for MS/privateer/equus/quad/sleipnir
Loot to be based on SI ? Only a privateer or MS can increase SI, so how is it fair that a pirate attack could get them large loot for small cost, all because owner had spent money to upgrade. Yes it generally costs more to bring down a large ship, but pirates have been known to shoot up already damaged ships out skilling in the training grounds

Every ship will get looted twice ? the hell it would. The quad crew may re-spawn and leave before pirate even flies to the SS if the battle was some distance away, or if the pirate was camping at an SS, the victim can just tp back to planet.. who gains...MA does(TP fee), pirate does (Loot)... who loses regardless the traveller does (own loot if carried, repair costs and TP fee)

Also metal res is very heavy, so even if an equus took down a pirate they sure as hell don't want to loot res and then be unable to warp
The owner of a larger warp vessel doesn't want that weight either making them move about ship at a snails pace.

I will also added a crafted shield that protect the ship from the first 2 shot received as a new ships attachment. A shield with very, very high tt decay (10ped each 2 shots) so the attacker is not incentivated to use it.
FAIL
A shield protects a potential victim, the attacker is shooting and is only rarely shot at, so why would they even consider shields especially expensive ones
The 'victim' probably expects to lose, so why would they add to their expense also.

I will also add mobs everywhere in space not just in training areas, and slow down ships once hitted by mobs or other players. It would be nice also having asteroids added everywhere and minable thru a new ships attachment.
Yes space needs more variety and locations for mobs...I agree.
But mobs and rocks everywhere ? No more auto runs to another planet, no more walking away from keyboard to grab a drink, else some random mobs may send you back to the pirate ridden SS you just left.. brilliant idea lol
Plus even actively avoiding all this will add to a journey time most already complain is too long.

The actual consumption of oil is fine, and id like the land planet fee removed, they just useless.
The land on planet fee is already removed... so what are you talking about ?

i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee.

I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad.

Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated.

There are so many issues to bother the community. This is not one of those. I don't want to give negative to you Post but I thing this thread is just a trolling one.
Move on.

Pack it up boys, nothing more to see.

No, thanks.

If they should do anymore fee changes, it's removing the fee to teleport from space station to planet...

Guys, Guys, Guys... guys?...

I am not doing this as a troll, yes I am know for those... but I am trying to submit something constructive... something I have been thinking about for some time and when MA removed the 2PED fee it was the missing piece to my puzzle...

I am trying to craft an Idea that make it FAIR for all, please look over the fact I am on the "other side" and consider your suggestions and how they impact "your side" I am not looking to make it more expensive for the "Victim" I am actually trying to make it more of a level playing field...

People are using one thing in here over and over again and that is "the pirates are the better shot" what I am proposing would make a new profession... and a new kind of service that could be offered to the "public"

anyhow see it how you will...

Back