The Guild of Entropian Beauticians

tho im not online much nowadays.. i think this will be a good idea at least on OUR side of the chess set.

i agree for a fixed price of buying materials. 1st one see it 1st one get it in auc. for eg. if Ido bid at about 120% for certain hairgel and i see it i will not bid on it. of coz we are not talking about private trades here.

this move will serve a few positives:
1. we will keep hair prices competitive and not raise up due to us falling into the rising % of hair stuff set by aucs.

2. this will also make us guild members not overbid each other in auc and keep a good state of relationship

3. since we will be buying at the same rates (hopefully) whenever we are in need of some hairstuff, we can easily sell to each other at the same un-ambigious rate. this will further promote guild relations. get the friendlists!!!!

4. keeping the % at a reasonable 120% etc.. will help us to skill more economically (if u all havent noticed the last sucess rates in new VU!!!! :mad: ) and this will further enable us to learn more new styles and better service the public

however there will be some negatives too
1. we will be viewed as mafia

2. there will be some hairstylists who dun give a damn and have a chance to monopolise the supply by say ... buying at 5% more than our fixed price... everyone will sell to him/her and choke our supply

Another suggestion i have been thinking is this

1. we all in guild set a standard rate for haircuts, do not undercut each other. if one tries to undercut one another all will only suffer

2. for eg: when i 1st started out. i priced myself at slightly cheaper than pinky for the basic cuts (10ped) pinky was selling at 12 ped. and when i hit coloring, i moved the basic cuts up to 12 ped to match pinky and priced my coloring at slightly lower than pinky's. this will enable newer ppl to join in and start pricing at 10 peds and hopefully when they hit coloring they will move price accordingly.

3. so in the end we will all have the same price for experienced hairstylists and new comer hairstylists.. this will serve us to be organised and not kill each other out there... i tell u.. there are more than enuff customers out there to make this profession enjoyable. (i think:scratch2: ....)

Finally a radical suggestion..this is an almost too utopian suggestion to work..but i will still suggest...

1. why not get all of us in the guild to be of the same soc? we will operate like a mini salon guild. we will also hire employees who do the pulling of customers in game and pay them a cut of the profits from hair cut and we hairstylist operate on a turn by turn basis

eg:

a) Zilly and Pinky and employee 1 is logged on in soc.
b) Employee gets a customer who need haircut.
c) customer checks out the website to see ALL AVAILABLE cuts the SALON as a WHOLE can offer.
d) customer chooses cut #3
e) it is Zilly's turn, zilly is able to do cut#3 and zilly attends to him
d) zilly pays employee a profit cut and next will be pinky's turn

another situation.
a) Zilly and Pinky and employee 1 is logged on in soc.
b) Employee gets a customer who need haircut.
c) customer checks out the website to see ALL AVAILABLE cuts the SALON as a WHOLE can offer.
d) customer chooses cut #18
e) it is Zilly's turn, zilly is unable to do cut#18 therefore passes it to Pinky
d) pinky pays employee 1 a profit cut and next will still be zilly's turn

u all get the idea yea??? its just ramblings now and comments welcome... im ready to be flamed for the crap ideas too lol...

I like your system however I don't play much and I think that its more a big advantage for the more skilled ones anyway. Since the fact that if someone is my customer I normally tell them to go to Pinky anyway so not a big change either. Next problem is one we both share, the limited time of being online however I already knew this from the beginning so the employee system has a big value to me to get lots of customers on one night.

However if you really want it this serious I really think we are talking about one big society since we need to have contact with eachother all the time.

Regards

Hmmm... some interesting ideas, but I am not convinced by many of them.

Ido's first come first served idea worked when the only people interested in beauty bidded on these items, however, we have attracted the interest of resellers no, so it no longer works.

E.g I bid first - reseller out bids me and puts it back on with chunky mark up.

Zilly then bids and wins it at an inflated price.

We still pay the resellers price....

As for all haircuts the same price - I wont do this, and it becomes a monopoly and I have been fighting that since day one. Only by fair cometition can customers be treated fairly. I try to keep my prices low as possible and from time to time offer ways (such as EFD auctions) so people who cant traditionally afford cuts can still get them....

As for paying a set price and we all agree not to go over that price...

Yes, I think this may work, however i dont think the prices discussed would be fair to the hunters etc... I know for a fact, even on low end cuts, we can still make enough on prices of 150% for spray and gel and 1 ped each for the colour sets... besides, if they dont sell for a reasonable price, why would the hunters bother hunting them?

Perhaps this would be a better way of targeting things - we all agree to pay no more than X% so the example would run:

I bid first and am outbidded by a reseller - reseller puts stupid mark up on item and relists. No one buys it....

Eventually reseller has no choice if he wants to sell it he must lower price....

In the mean time, we can still buy outside of the auction enviroment as what ever prices we choose to buy at without influensing the price on auction...

any comments?

Well I think that the biggest problem atm is the color sets, however to solve this problem I think we need to make clear that we all buy for 1 ped each. I hope you all agree with that.

Next problem, sometimes the prices of the gel go up to 150-160, to avoid this you just make sure that you don't bid, keep an extra storage of it when you run out and really need it for a customer.

However when you say that working together doesn't work I must disagree Pinky, Last time I saw people waiting for sometimes even 20 minutes and more however I could cut the lower cuts as well for example and give you a certain % for letting them come to me. This could work in the same situation when I got a customer that wants a Thin Mohawk for example and is willing to pay your price for it. I could contact you and make sure that person gets the haircut as well, and ofc I get a % as well. This way we keep our profits high and we can deal with more customers.

Just my opinion

Regards Zilly

Well I think that the biggest problem atm is the color sets, however to solve this problem I think we need to make clear that we all buy for 1 ped each. I hope you all agree with that.

Next problem, sometimes the prices of the gel go up to 150-160, to avoid this you just make sure that you don't bid, keep an extra storage of it when you run out and really need it for a customer.

However when you say that working together doesn't work I must disagree Pinky, Last time I saw people waiting for sometimes even 20 minutes and more however I could cut the lower cuts as well for example and give you a certain % for letting them come to me. This could work in the same situation when I got a customer that wants a Thin Mohawk for example and is willing to pay your price for it. I could contact you and make sure that person gets the haircut as well, and ofc I get a % as well. This way we keep our profits high and we can deal with more customers.

Just my opinion

Regards Zilly

;) didnt say working together doesnt work.. its working together that I am trying to promote now to get price under control....:)

You are talking about setting up the equivilent of a pilot mafia for beauticians... no matter what our good intentions are, I dont believe this can work to the benefit of customers. Essentially we become a monoploy - monopolies are illegal in most parts of the world. It is not in the interests of the public to have one controlling company "owning" the market.

As to one ped per colour sets, I can agree to that. I think if we can get everyone agreeing that none of us will ever pay more than 1 ped each the price must fall... I think I will adopt Idos system of if i can get them for 1 ped, I will colour for free if they supply their own... seems the best option...;)

Pinky said:
As to one ped per colour sets, I can agree to that. I think if we can get everyone agreeing that none of us will ever pay more than 1 ped each the price must fall... I think I will adopt Idos system of if i can get them for 1 ped, I will colour for free if they supply their own... seems the best option...

thx pinky for recognizing my idea :)

anyway i belive 1 ped for a color set is still too much ... and as far as it goes for hunters hunting mob to get beauty products im 95% certain most of them just hunt the mob for other reasons (i.e. high return on calamusoids) ... and teh fact we will stop paying rediculous prices on beauty products wont discourage them from hunting the mob...

:wise: i vote for 120% on all beauty products ... since for the most part of last year i managed to buy all for 110 ... and noone seemed to complain :scratch2:

Ok I think we all agree about the 1 ped for a color set,

However I find that your 110-120% sounds really awesome Ido but I wouldn't mind if I had to pay 130%, however that would really be the Maximum.

Regards

Zilly

1. No hairstylist mafia, thanks .. I'm not joining a society .. a simple Friends List network would be more than enough. Another way is for everyone to utilize the EntropiaDirectory.com beauty salon listings -- get a listing, make it clear how to reach you, hours you're on, styles available. Promote to anyone who asks that they use this directory; it will help us all in the long-run.

2. No set styling prices. We run our businesses differently. We are all at different skill levels and have different goals. I got chewed out recently by a potential customer for suggesting a cost of 12 ped for a cut -- because they'd had some other stylist offer it to them for 5 ped. What the customer doesn't realize is that the stylist is likely brand new with 3 styles to pick from, but whatever. To top it all off, the customer wanted a style only Akoz could provide - so I wished them luck on their 5 ped hair quest. :) Anyway, my point is that we all run things our own way and should keep it that way.

3. Set buying limits ... that sounds like a good plan for us to set a max ... it will eliminate resellers in a hurry, when they buy a bulk of sets at 3 ped and are never able to sell them for that.

120% seems low, even for gel and spray. It seems *very* low for color sets. These are already a rare enough item, making them not worth hunters' time to hunt and/or track down a buyer will just make that worse.

Pinky's point of 150% still allowing profit works for those who are just running the salon -- for those who are actively hard-core skilling without many paying customers, that makes skilling quite spendy.

I've consistently offered 130% on gel/spray and 1 ped on color sets about since I started. Maybe I'm overpaying, but my suppliers were happy and sought me out when they had product.

I can agree to 120% for gel and spray ... but I think ~15 pec for a hair color set is not realistic. For color sets, I would say 50 pec bare minimum, and I'm fine with as high as 1 ped.

To handle this in auction, do just as I've been doing forever ... set your opening bid for the amount you're willing to pay. So if someone wants to outbid you, they are paying too much. And then you don't have to worry about checking back auction when you get outbidded each time. Set it and forget it. If you don't get it, you can rest assured the person who did paid too much for it. :p

4. Strike? So is the "nobody does hair coloring" idea off the table now, then? I just want to make sure I understand correctly. I like Ido's compromise of only doing coloring for those who bring the sets -- however if that just means the customer is going to support resellers at 5 ped each, then that won't work. Ido, how do you adjust your pricing for this?

5. Bugs ... I still think a big part of our problem is that the chair is bugged and our Success Rates are off. It *shouldn't* take us 15 color sets at a 54% success rate. :p Keep an eye on your success rate and how many tries things take, and please file support cases when you see anything fishy.

Yeah the bugged Succesrate still bothers me, I send a support and I'm still waiting. For skilling it ain't a problem but for Commercial activities it's a real pain.

Regards

yeah SR is messed up it took me 53 attempts tp dp a body and face surgery which would normaly take maximum of 15 maybe 20 ... very annoyed and dissapointed to see the controls move only few pixels when SR is 30-40 ish ...

guess MA did it again (like the time they doubled the decay on tools for a whole VU :p

Felicity said:
I like Ido's compromise of only doing coloring for those who bring the sets -- however if that just means the customer is going to support resellers at 5 ped each, then that won't work. Ido, how do you adjust your pricing for this?

about coloring i just take 3 color sets per attempt and not charge any money ... except the 1 pec bare minimum...

id suggest not buying on auction for more than 120% .. outside auction with private trades feel free to pay any money to keep your suppliers on your side :D but as far as auction traders are to be stoped we should just let them play themselves on auction :p and buy only at 120% maximum...

SR is a little sucky! I think out of the last 200 or so customers I have only hit Black hair on the first attempt twice. With a 54% success rate it should have been way way higher than this!

The support cases about this is a very good idea, as if we get that fixed we need a fraction of the hair sets we need now, so demend would fall that way and price would follow.

I agree with everything felicity said 100% I am about to dissappear from the game for a week or two, but should (hopefully) be able to access the forum so will try to keep up to date.

I think for time being the strike should be called off, but we need to come up with a price we all agree on as the max... anyone heard from Akoz or shady yet?

I filed a support case after it took me something like 79 tries in a row to color black with a 54% success rate. The odds of this happening are like 1:39283847573829329324823472374328 (okay I made up that number, but it was really really high! lol).

Apparently I had fallen victim to another bug with black hair that I didn't know about at the time. But in general, success rates don't seem to work how they should.

I had talked to Akoz about it at the time, and he confirmed the same thing, and suggested to continue to file support cases on a regular basis about it. I haven't been doing as good of a job of filing them lately, so I'll start doing it again whenever I see the discrepancy. If we all do the same, then our voices are more likely to be heard.

Have a good time in the RL pinky .. see ya when you get back!

P.S. I'm willing to go with 120% on all auction bids for now if that's what everyone wants to do.

Well I tried skilling again today after the VU.
Cuts seem to be working again as before,
but can still only cut from in front of the chair now.
(I've tried moving chair a few times too)

:yay: Unlocked cut 5 at
373 HS
495 Dex

The SKilling works fine but the SR is messed up,

Still no response from my support...

Regards

Well, after having to resolve some RL stuff (mostly school), the good thing is that at the end of it all, I found out that I'll be expecting a baby this summer! :D

Also, I am now at 750 in hair styling, and am ready to start cutting hair! I am going to be charging 10 ped a cut, and so far have the basic 6. I should have the web page and banner up and running next week, and then I was thinking of doing some sort of promotion for the grand opening. Any suggestions? I was thinking of doing something like 30% off all cuts, but any ideas would be great!

Hope all is well with you other guild members,

Iset

Well, after having to resolve some RL stuff (mostly school), the good thing is that at the end of it all, I found out that I'll be expecting a baby this summer! :D

Also, I am now at 750 in hair styling, and am ready to start cutting hair! I am going to be charging 10 ped a cut, and so far have the basic 6. I should have the web page and banner up and running next week, and then I was thinking of doing some sort of promotion for the grand opening. Any suggestions? I was thinking of doing something like 30% off all cuts, but any ideas would be great!

Hope all is well with you other guild members,

Iset

Bring 2 extra customers with you and recieve 50% on your cut is a fun promo as well, cheaper as the 30% and more customers.

Regards,

Zilly

Hi all, I have finally taken the plunge and aquired the final item in setting up my beauty salon, a face sculpting chair.Its easily accessable being located on Treasure Island Estate #5.So let the fun roll in:)

#10 Unlocked! :yay: :yay:

Skills:
Hairstylist: 1696
Plastic Surgery: 742
Genetics:411

Party at my Appartment to fest that.
Free style change from 21h to 22h EU time tonight!! :wtg: :wtg:

Hi all, I have finally taken the plunge and aquired the final item in setting up my beauty salon, a face sculpting chair.Its easily accessable being located on Treasure Island Estate #5.So let the fun roll in:)

Welcome to the Guild! Good luck with your skilling, and don't hesistate to pm me if you need someone to practise on!

Cheers,

Iset

Style #11 Unlocked :D

Skills:

Hairstylist: 1954
Plastic Surgery: 910
Genetics :455

Prof standing: ~10.7

Style #11 Unlocked :D

Skills:

Hairstylist: 1954
Plastic Surgery: 910
Genetics :455

Prof standing: ~10.7

Grats man, you're on a roll! :)

Best of luck,

Iset

Got an answer on my Support concerning the Succesrate of the HairChair

Support Case 100233 history
20 Jan 2007 willem doms:
Dear Sir/lady

I'm a Hair Stylist for a month now and since the latest VU patch my Failures are really high, today I tried to give someone a new Hair-style and with a succesrate of 40-50% it took me over 10 tries and still no result, every try failed and failed. I was wondering if there were any changes in the beauty system lately cauz it seems that I am not the only one.

Sincerely,

Zilly

01 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
Thank you for reporting. We have not received any similar reports and our tests show no signs of irregularities. We also have not implemented any changes which could have affected this system.

Regards,
Entropia Support

#12 Unlocked!

Skills:
2231 Hairstylist
1048 Plastic Surgery
506 Genetics

Prof Standing: 12.1

Next! :sniper: :)

Unlock 15 = 2969 Hair Skills

Unlock 16 = 3173 Hair Skills

Unlock 17 = 3390 Hair Skills

Unlock 18 = 3493 Hair Skills

Unlock 19 = 3560 Hair Skills

UNLOCK 20 + everything on face up to eye size

hair = 3622
body = 1481
face = 751
genetics = 1300
fashion = 1277
plastic = 2293
Beauty Sense = 1257

Hairstyle #13 unlocked!

2439 Hairstylist
1300 Plastic surgery
1013 genetics

Prof standing: ~13.6

wow sorg .. swallowed a genetics chip along the way ?

2231-2439 in hair + 500 gen in 10 days ? hehe sorg how do you find the time :D

Hehe! Chipped a tiny genetics chip. No Big change on hairstylist prof standing tho...
And time... well... wtf do we need to sleep? lol (still student... :laugh: )

Btw, i got skin tone too, at around 550 body skills, don't remember the others skills, since i was doing lot of thing in same time.

Jeffs Salon I justed opened!

Hi guys, I just opened Jeffs Salon located in TI City Silver 9F, Im just getting started with the body sculpting unit and I think I will buy the hair and face chairs today. Im looking for any advice your willing to share and look forward to bring part of the community here! Wish you the best!

P.S. If you would like to contact me my email is JeffsSalon@usa.com :)

Last edited:
Back