Guide to "Skill Increase Bonus" on weapons

Status
This thread is getting old, and cant be edited nomore... :scratch2:

Maybe 711 can help me out?

Here is a small change to post #1:
melee_weapon_chart7.jpg

Question

Looking at the chart it says I should now use a breer m4 or a diabolic but my question is, where can I find the weapon: "diabolic" I've never even seen one?

Looking at the chart it says I should now use a breer m4 or a diabolic but my question is, where can I find the weapon: "diabolic" I've never even seen one?

buzz has them for sale often in his emerald lake mall shop.

i am not sure, but i think slither carries them from time to time as well.

Well looks like I am out of luck as far as finding that diabolic in any of the stores but I have found a lot of breer m4s but unfortunately their market price is around 235peds and that's considerably more than what I was used to paying for a weapon. My next question is, how you all been able to afford buying this (L) weapon? It's abvious that this weapon is well suited for me as I am level 13 in the Laser Sniper profession but I don't know how I'll be able to squeeze all that money every time the weapon breaks.

Last edited:
I hate how I reached lvl 15 on Taurus on both and still don't have it maxxed :laugh: Im such a noob.

There's no such thing as a SIB "period". There are SIB and non-SIB items. SIB items have a learning period that starts at a recommended pro level - the point after which the stats start to improve (the period where you're still "learning" and can't use the item with max efficiency). After the item's stats are maxed, the item is still a SIB item, but you can't improve the stats anymore. Nowhere, under item info, it says "SIB period". There's a "learning period" and there's SIB, but there's no "SIB period".

Lot of good info thanks guys :yay:

Why isn't this thread a sticky?
It's very useful + the charts look great!
Thanks Solaris! + rep :yay:

Last edited:
Really? I looked for it and never found it.:(

There's no such thing as a SIB "period". There are SIB and non-SIB items. SIB items have a learning period that starts at a recommended pro level - the point after which the stats start to improve (the period where you're still "learning" and can't use the item with max efficiency). After the item's stats are maxed, the item is still a SIB item, but you can't improve the stats anymore. Nowhere, under item info, it says "SIB period". There's a "learning period" and there's SIB, but there's no "SIB period".

Maybe your right...
SIB is "Skill Increase Bonus" right?
Can we assume we get somekind of Bonus with these tools then?

Like I have written many times before, it is yet to be tested and proven, that this "Skill Increase Bonus" actually gives you skills faster than a regular old school tool. Maybe SIB is not even a faster skilling, maybe SIB is just MA's way of saying; "hey - here's a weapon you can get 10/10 faster than the old ones". Maybe reaching a nice looking 10/10 hitability at a lower level than level 100 is all the Bonus we get??

So - are we all fooled and dumbstruck when we think we feel we skill up faster with these weapons?? Is it all just wishfull imagination?

My quetion is: Why do we get a "reqommended level" to begin using a tool as low as 3/10, if there is absolutely no point in using this tool before its max'ed 100%??

Again... we dont know any of this for sure, do we. :scratch2:

Prove that the SIB is not giving any kind of skills faster than a regular tool. THEN we can write in a new guide, that SIB-tools are merely tools that have their stats at maximum below a sertain level.

This would also mean, that we will get no weapons with SIB above level 100, unless these are significantly better than the regular old weapons ;)

Thank you for the update
very nice!! :yay:

Thank you, Solaris :wtg:

nice update thanks this helps alot

Like I have written many times before, it is yet to be tested and proven, that this "Skill Increase Bonus" actually gives you skills faster than a regular old school tool. Maybe SIB is not even a faster skilling

I haven't been fond of the L and SIB up 'till now, I bought myself a few tools though on which I'm in the "perfect SIB range" regarding level as the tools say. From my experience (I don't bother making exact calculations) the added value of such a SIB tool is ZERO for me. Skilling my MF(L) for depth seems to go way faster when I take out my plain ol' 105. Skilling in LR ... my MK beats the LR by a milestone. I can hardly notice if those SIB tools even give off any skillgains at all, even with the perfect required level :/

Maybe they have better eco and durability, but for sure they aren't giving off better skills for me. And that would eventually make lots of sense (more decay, more skills) ... if there would be any sense in skills that is :scratch2:

Thanks alot for this! It helped me out alot.

At some not so distant time in the future, an update is due, adding the following weapons to the skill-level graphs:

Omegaton Sunstorm (Longblade lvl. 30)
Omegaton Caus Tik (Longblade lvl. 38)
Omegaton Jupiter (Longblade lvl. 46)
Dagger of Destruction (Knife lvl. 37)
Genesis Prism of Destruction (Knife lvl. 66)

and...

Isis CB28 (blp rifle lvl. 47)

Congratulations finding them - and good community work done crafting some of those new weapons :cool:

..thanks again for all feedback

Sol :)

BUMP for a very handy post and a quick question if I may.

Is there a similar thread for FAPs?

Subcribing.

(Oh...and probably selling my Karma-Killer too :D)

nice list dude!
though you should have the TT of the weapons on there, something to show that the TT jumps to 300 for the kesmek slo(L).

The first Geke is on auction now. It's level 43 BLP sniper. :yay:
But the seller boosted the price to over 300%
Let's just hope that it's the first "new-item-on-the-market-price".

k ML35 where is?
just :scratch2:
and P4 handgun
thanks!

k ML35 where is?
just :scratch2:
and P4 handgun
thanks!

You have an ML35 with SIB? That would fetch you a nice amount of PED ;)

P4 is in between the laser handguns in between the Korss H380 and H400.

ty for a very helpful thread, subscribed ;)

update image plz

subscribing for the updates :D

Great guide!! +rep

Status
Back