SPACE - The poor relation

You are contradicting yourself - with no risk yes you are having all people selling at caly - with a high enough risk people would actually be selling on the planet they are on and dont bother carrying their stuff through space - leading to people actually living on planets instead of just hunting there once and then carrying everything back.
Universal auction for sure would allow everyone to trade goods for caly markup, but what you fail to see is that there would be more avaiabilty to all and less markup after all risks applied (since there wouldnt be any).
Next to the programmed avaiabilty and need of materials - cost, time, effort and risk are the determining factors on how much markup you can ask for a certain product - diminishing those factors will diminish markup and your chance on turning your 90% tt hunt into a profitable one.

In the early days of space calypso items have been selling for huge additonal markups on other planets, but the more people started figuring out how to dodge the systems risks, the less those markups became.

Materials from other planets were selling on calypso for higher markups too and those were decreasing ever further the more people started dodging risks in space.

You are getting your riskfree gaming experience when you stay on a single planet, its your choice when you want to take a risk for greater reward or entertainment, without it its all just a larger single planet with different textures.

The risk free current space (after applied 'bypass') is what truely kills other planet economies.

I'm not contradicting myself. What would happend is that people would stay longer at one planet and cycle more ped since they can just sell it in the universal auction. If you bring more risk into it most will just fuck it and stay on calypso to get their loot sold. Many of the players that RT/Cyrene/Ark/Monria recruits now get told pretty quick that if they want to sell their loot for the best markup possible or markup at all calypso is the place to go. This is because the lack of buyers on other planets than caly.. I'm just replying from a phone so wont bother with a long reply..

And please, feel free to learn me more about markup and hunting because I haven't done much of that in my EU career.

I've always thought that privateers and motherships are way overpriced. But keep in mind it was the speculating players that drove these prices up so far, tho perhaps Mindark helped it along by showing amazing pictures of epic space battles. :ahh:

I agree though, space needs some serious overhaul. Hopefully the taming and stuff this year will go faster than expected and they can get to space development sooner. The good thing is there are tons of great ideas players have thrown around over the last 3 years. We can always hope, right?

I personally think support should at least give a cheap copy-and-paste answer instead of completely ignoring cases just because they happen to be about any particular area of the game.

MA can I request a new support department, maybe pay them on commission for solved support cases. Then we might see some actual support in game.

When you deposit and use the money for game play, that's entertainment.

When you deposit and purchase an asset, something that will earn money, that's an investment.

the problem we have there too many poeple thinking investment that were is the most of the problem

too many chief not anouf indian

all i see now is a way they get new stuff out for a money grab oh look at this this is a nice investment

we need more players cycling not investors

My opinion too sadly because the concept is cool.

Just poor implementation. If MA removed space tomorrow I wouldn't care at all.

Agree, most ppl I know wouldnt miss space either.

The concept they presented years ago was exciting, the real thing now seems like a misfit.
:wtg:

you cant have bigger plans than those others have, which are focused 100% on the FPS space sim experience. i dont believe MA have the creativity to do something different or unusual (space pirates... actually might work simply because its so naff).

The space in EU don't need to be as good or better than games that are pure space games, it's the combination of space, planets and avatars that should be good.

I think one way of increasing space activity would be item drops on space mobs for motherships/quads etc. New weaps, maybe shields, improved thrusters etc.

uhm kk, so

1st point: item drops exist, space is the place with the highest rate on ESI and Generic Fuse drops.

2nd activity : what you expect from empty space ? there is nothing and nothing will ever be there because it is space !! space is like a ocean, what you hope to find in a ocean ? Atlantis ??
Its a area to transport persons and goods from A to B.

3rd player activity in space : why people should hunt there, its ways to risky due its lootable pvp and ways to easy to shoot down even motherships. quad continously decaying in fights etc.......

4th remooving space ? : well the largest (limited) Item industrie is for space, before 0.0 was remooved the WW's and RK-5 were a super seller with ~30-50 pieces or more per DAY. Space thruster, Sleipnirs and Quadwings are demanded. we have already a economy problem with a leak on crafteable items (im talking here about pedback and not if its possible to click it !). so well if they remoove space eco will shrink more and to be honest we have big big economy problems.

People lost to much since they introduced the new lootsystem. making profit is almost not possible anymore.
auction is slow and even my ores doesnt sell anymore like they used to do.

EU has quite bigger problems then just space.

But 1 thing was clear from beginning. Privateers (former hangars) and Motherships always been overpriced and this isnt MA's fault(mu always player made). Atm i can see some MS are for sale but not selling anymore.

The other thing is we can see now as Example AUD are kind of scam but its aswell not MA's fault.
They been launched by Arkadia Studios and MA isnt able to forbid because they have aswell contract rules they re binded. but we see how this game begins now to change when its all about money anymore..........

EU was definately better before 2013, and others say i should have played in 2005 :D

The golden times are gone guys, realize it !

I am seriously concerned that I made a poor choice when I decided to invest money in EU and purchased a Mothership. I am increasingly aware that MA see space as the poor relation...
They really don't seem to know what to do with this 'waste of space' between planets. Every VU we live in hope of something new to help revitalise it.. do they even read the suggestions made by players?

Now we have the roadmap.. 2 years of what is to come (yay ..surely something for us spacers)
I scoured it.. every word..several times.. but nothing for space ..again :grumble:

Is my frustration showing... hell I hope so.:mad:

and btw MA can we fix seating on the motherships so it works.. seems you busted even the few that did, as well as screwing up how people sit in vehicles, beauty chairs etc.. It is the stupid little things that really get to us..

Oh Granny :( :hug:

I had so hoped with you it wouldn't come to this. That fire of enthusiasm, optimism and hope that new investors in space bring is so often ebbed and eroded away. I loved your passion coming into this when you first bought Kronan ( a ship which I have always had fond feelings for from the very early days when Normandie and Kronan would dance for hours with Jetsina and I at the wheel... I digress... ).

It was great to see Kronan in the hands of someone who was really becoming immersed in space and all that that is.

However, it's almost like the elephant in the room. Or like when a new inmate joins the asylum ;) Its great to see such new fresh enthusiasm, but get that sinking feeling in the back of my mind that its only a matter of time before the disillusion begins, the shine wears off, and we can only but hope that there is still something about those twinkly stars that keep you here, and not for the cycle to begin again.

And the hardest part? That all of that is so easily prevented. If only space was seen as something worthy of some developer time.

People even mock now when the space goers question why nothing in being said on the road map about space, possibly unaware that such lack of enthusiasm for the space they created, or even a hint of whats to come, causes such disillusion.

As you know, I'm a major space fangirl and have over the years stuck up for it tooth and nail! But after the years and years of promises, failed promises and then no promises, it does make you wonder why MA give it so little love, and I can completely see where you are coming from.

So many people have sent such great innovating ideas over the years regarding space, some pants, but some that would really actually make such a huge difference. Sometimes they do listen, and after many months or sometimes years - dire needed suggestions will be implemented - eg rear gun turrets. Fabulous!

But there comes a point of wondering how much is too little too late. How often can ships change hands to new fresh faced eager investors, ready to experience all that space is, if space itself won’t live up to the promises.

This is the first time I have saw a thread where more people an interest in actually wanting space to become more dangerous.

Imagine a space that’s vastly huge, with warping ships cutting tracks across the stars, while small ships battle their way across jump gates and zones to safety. Choosing black holes to disappear down, not knowing where you may re-appear, could be a short cut, could be dangerous. Imagine jump gates like forts, can be fought over and won, by pirates where “none shall pass” or by the good guys, securing trade routes.
Imagine asteroids for hunting, imagine player owned “space areas”.
Imagine space instances, where you take your ship through a galaxy of challenges, dodging the asteroid field, the locusta swarm, before finally meeting the space boss mob.

Space could be so much more than that bit between the planets; we all know there are enough of us up there who truly love to be in space, even in its current form!

Space could be so many wonderful things for the game, not only providing the platform for planets to grown and thrive with their own economy, but a fabulous hub in its own right, to be explored and enjoyed.

Space has come a long way since the start ( remember when it was small and pink!?! :laugh:) and I think it was always supposed to be awesome - its just lost its way. That its potential has always been there, just never been given the time that it really needs to become all that it possibly can.

As others have said, having its own team of developers who work purely with space would be ideal, but I guess currently not economically viable. Instead of space being its own profitable business, its that bit on the side, or as granny put it - the poor relation.

Sorry, I went on a bit there. Home made cookies if you got this far ;) I will always love space and all that it is, even in its current form, hanging onto that glimmer of hope that one day MA will make space all that it should and could be :)

Last edited:
We can always hope, right?

Right :cool:
we need more players cycling not investors

Investors in space also cycle. Particularly the ones in this thread who are joining this discussion. The big lumps of pixles they buy consume stuff ;) Gold and oil from the miners ~ Warp drives, thrusters, RK's and Wire from the crafters ~ then there is the thousands of peds cycled by the space hunters.

There are some space hunters who cycle thousands* if not more peds each week up there. For so long the loot was atrocious - 40% returns were the norm. Things seem to be stabilising, and now it is becoming more common to break even. But it should be better than that, people should be encouraged to spend money up there.

* I know thousands is not much for some planet hunters each week in the grand scheme of things, we just need more people to be encouraged to spend on space - but its catch 22, get more people to cycle in space to increase the loot pool - they get crap returns so stop hunting in space...

Oh Granny :( :hug:

I had so hoped with you it wouldn't come to this. That fire of enthusiasm, optimism and hope that new investors in space bring is so often ebbed and eroded away. I loved your passion coming into this when you first bought Kronan ( a ship which I have always had fond feelings for from the very early days when Normandie and Kronan would dance for hours with Jestina and I at the wheel... I digress... ).

It was great to see Kronan in the hands of someone who was really becoming immersed in space and all that that is.

However, it's almost like the elephant in the room. Or like when a new inmate joins the asylum ;) Its great to see such new fresh enthusiasm, but get that sinking feeling in the back of my mind that its only a matter of time before the disillusion begins, the shine wears off, and we can only but hope that there is still something about those twinkly stars that keep you here, and not for the cycle to begin again.

Panic not.. I may get damned annoyed and frustrated by MA ignoring my support cases, and ignoring the possibilities of making space a vibrant and exciting environment, but I am a stubborn bitch.. MA won't get rid of me that easily.

Given the success of the years of nagging MA over the return of taming.. perhaps it's time we stepped up the campaign for some well constructed and interesting development in space. Who knows 6 years on we may get an exciting road map too :laugh:

oh.. and btw you owe me cookies..

Craftable loot goes where the crafters are.
Crafters go where the customers are.

Buying MS 2,000 ped.

The other thing is we can see now as Example AUD are kind of scam but its aswell not MA's fault.
They been launched by Arkadia Studios and MA isnt able to forbid because they have aswell contract rules they re binded. but we see how this game begins now to change when its all about money anymore..........

Ever since i've been playing the game has had land areas. Underground is just a large land area with multiple shareholders. They deliver what they promise. Where's the scam?

Ever since i've been playing the game has had land areas. Underground is just a large land area with multiple shareholders. They deliver what they promise. Where's the scam?

In the heads of "investors" wannabes.

Panic not.. I may get damned annoyed and frustrated by MA ignoring my support cases, and ignoring the possibilities of making space a vibrant and exciting environment, but I am a stubborn bitch.. MA won't get rid of me that easily.

Given the success of the years of nagging MA over the return of taming.. perhaps it's time we stepped up the campaign for some well constructed and interesting development in space. Who knows 6 years on we may get an exciting road map too :laugh:

Dark chocolate or milk? :D :cool:

Jetsina asked for a box to be beamed across, sorry if the molecules got discombobulated on the way over, there may have been some horror calamari mixed in ;)

Dark chocolate or milk? :D :cool:

Jetsina asked for a box to be beamed across, sorry if the molecules got discombobulated on the way over, there may have been some horror calamari mixed in ;)

Eeeuuueeeww...

Craftable loot goes where the crafters are.
Crafters go where the customers are.

Buying MS 2,000 ped.

This is what the space-fans fails at realizing. They think everything is about space but for most of the players its just a huge pain in the ass. There is no separation of economies since its risk free to travel its just hassle. If they brought risk into the mix most crafters/miners/hunters would just do all their activity on caly.

This is what the space-fans fails at realizing. They think everything is about space but for most of the players its just a huge pain in the ass. There is no separation of economies since its risk free to travel its just hassle. If they brought risk into the mix most crafters/miners/hunters would just do all their activity on caly.

and the value of PP's plant specific weapons, tools, and consumables would increase in mark up do to the need to import, and the risk involved with that.

Think they have a phase for that... a balanced world economy based on supply and demand?

All I hear from nay say'ers is Whahaha I'm to scared and to lazy to research how to transverse a pivotal part of the game... space

you want a low risk game go find one with a low learning curve, heard WoW is free now.

"Hazzle" and "pain in the ass" are also obstacles that help to create separation of economies, it's not only the risk of being looted. By making it harder to trade and transport resources and goods fewer players think it's worth the time to craft on one planet and transport to a other. And for those who still do it, makes it harder to keep up and doing it on multiple planets at the same time. So it's a good thing my opinion.

Ultimately space was developed in a way that very few players wanted.

The whole planetary idea was based around the concept that PP's would compete against each other, rather than have a strategy of working together for the benefit of the game as a whole. So it was fighting against the grain rather than working with it, and that just creates player frustration.

Even now the concept is based on the planet that holds the most players is the winner, and anything goes as long as that strategy is maintained. Unfortunately all this does is create long term destruction, such as flooding a reducing player base with more unlimited items, or one planet producing more eco items than other planet....none of that helps the universe in the long term.

So the senior management basically created an offering that could destroy itself, and this is what has been happening. I often wonder if MA sit there scratch their heads and wonder what they can do to correct it, but it appears to me, they either don't understand the beast, or the will has gone.

Even in a capitalist society you need certain trading rules, such as monopoly management. But hey it made money for a while.

I could go on, how to fix it, but the post would be to long.

Rick

I agree completely (and not just because you're my superior officer in EFA lol), space needs to be more than just a tedious box full of thieving jerks and boring, near immobile mobs. I'm a little disappointed that there was no mention of space again (on the other hand, it's about time for taming). There have been many excellent suggestions about improvements to space, we can only hope that MA is reading and taking notes.

and until MA can give us a stable platform this is exactly why they cannot remove logging off as an option. Players have no control over whether they will ctd during warp, let alone RL considerations like power outages, RL emergencies etc. Do you all seriously expect people to risk their trade goods to a system over which they ultimately have no control, insurance, assurance.

and before anyone points fingers.. I personally would love a system that enabled more risk taking in space... without risk it is just a boring time waste between planets... without activities in space other than travel
, it can never be a proper part of this game

where is asteroid mining? where is a place we can go try our skills, similar to a fort event area.. with reduced ped per shot? why is there no trade hub ? why no missions? why no battles against automated ships/bots ? safe routes for a quad, all twisty so that you have to fly for real.. maybe use of some real space physics (oops sorry forgot MA don't even know a Universe has a sun).
these and many other ideas could give space relevance.

Nebuolous promises and nothing in road map for 2 years.. will any of us be here to give a damn by then ?

I agree totally.

Nobody wants to sit there grinding weapons, crafting m/c or finder in places where there isn't something fun to do when not spending PED on skills. When people start logging out after grinding away the PED they've allocated for a given round of skilling - they get caught up in other activities outside the game - which keep them out of the game when they have more PED to burn. I tend to think that a lot of people don't come out into space and travel simply because they can't have a blast doing so. It's either because it's grossly imbalanced, over-homogeneised, oversimplified, unsubtle, unbelievable or any combination of these five game-design defects. Take realism, for example. You don't burn fuel or need to run the engines when cruising in a vacuum - these kind of mechanics have been around for four centuries (including the concept of terminal velocity or "full speed" in actual fluids).

I think it's a great idea to set up difficult to negotiate safe corridors which rely on local navigational challenges rather than button-mashing and connection reliability or you'll wind up with Spear problems in space - and the Spear isn't exactly the most popular vehicle in the lot because of the effect of connection issues. The idea I was thinking of was setting non-PvP corridors populated by mobs as an alternative to the PvP zones.

It would also be nice if the designers went and learnt something about shipping so as to treat their chronic egg-in-face syndrome. Ships use navigation lights (red to port on the left side of the ship; green to starboard on the right side of the ship) and so do harbour channels (if I recall, it's red to port and green to starboard relative to inbound shipping and vice-versa fro outbound shipping). The obvious solution for up and down is blue and yellow. But I think, for the avoidance of collision in 3d environments, only three navigation lights would need to take the place of the two used at sea (i.e. red, blue and green - with white at the bow of the ship). If space is suitably dark, the system of navigation lights is still solvable once it is learned - but this offers an opportunity to create the sort of challenges which can be fun (with collision mesh applied to vehicles) and satisfying.

Also, speaking of immersion-bombs, IFF can't work if radar doesn't work - both operate on different applications of the same physics so there should be no name tags magically popping up above avatars in no-radar zones.

The other big problem with space is in the Markup Window. All markup is reported as an average of the different and varied planet-specific markups - which is a very nice example of Simpson's paradox, because the average figure winds up being unrepresentative of any of the planet-specific price ranges we actually encounter (cmparing vehicle prices from one planet to another is a good example). As a comparative example; has anyone ever met Joe Average (or anyone else) with his 1.8 ex-wives, 0.7 wife, and 2.4 kids? I know Solomon had a certain thing for half-babies, but kid #0.4? I wonder what that looks like? The MU reporting in EU suffers from the exact same departure from reality. The consequence is there is no documented regional variation which would justify the transport of goods between planets. If I hunt on Ark, I have no reason, whatsoever, not to leave my loot right there in Arkadia's Planetary Storage when I go back to Calypso. None of the reported MU changes from planet to planet so there is no visible reason to move the loot if the MU is worth the extra effort not to just chuck it in the TT. At the end of the day, this example of Simpson's paradox in the MU reporting eliminates serious freight transport through space thereby removing a large chunk of potential customers from space. If more people traveled in space, more people would hunt in space - and hunting/mining/crafting are bread and butter for the operator (but let us not forget that bread and butter must be earned, which brings us back to giving people a reason to have fun in space instead of finding another game with better mechanics to have fun in.

Ultimately space was developed in a way that very few players wanted.

[...]

So the senior management basically created an offering that could destroy itself, and this is what has been happening. I often wonder if MA sit there scratch their heads and wonder what they can do to correct it, but it appears to me, they either don't understand the beast, or the will has gone.

Even in a capitalist society you need certain trading rules, such as monopoly management. But hey it made money for a while.

I could go on, how to fix it, but the post would be to long.

Rick

Agreed, but I've been wondering for the longest time if this is why it's called Entropia Universe, (i.e. after entropy: the ever increasing amount of energy which is unavailable for conversion onto work)

- stellar systems for the different planet partners in which subwarp travels make sence and huge distances to other star systems for which warp speed is a necessity

If I can, I take a scheduled ride. However, The problem I have, is that sometimes (pretty often) I want to go to Another planet for an event, for instance, and unfortunately that isn't Always timed with mothership Schedules.

Especially, like yesterday, I'm on a planet like Next Island, I need to do something on Arkadia, and halfways to Arkadia I read about an event on Rocktropia.

If I had access to an unlimited amount of Money (ingame or IRL) I could pay for the warps needed. But, unfortunately I haven't. In cases like NI -> (any other planet) and Arkadia -> Rocktropia, a VIP would typically mean double warps. And if there is a big event on let's say Arkadia, chance is that most of the ships would be on arkadia, so getting there would mean getting a ship to warp arkadia -> calypso -> arkadia.

As for spacegates, risk is that a pvp:er guarding it would add to frustration if he decides to shoot any passer down time after time "just because".

and the value of PP's plant specific weapons, tools, and consumables would increase in mark up do to the need to import, and the risk involved with that.

Think they have a phase for that... a balanced world economy based on supply and demand?

All I hear from nay say'ers is Whahaha I'm to scared and to lazy to research how to transverse a pivotal part of the game... space

you want a low risk game go find one with a low learning curve, heard WoW is free now.

lol. I find myself repeating this over and over but I will do it again in a short version. I'm not writing all this for my own good as the risk/hassle isn't biggest for players like me that go to arkadia for a weekend spending 30k peds hunting and bringing a big TT amount of what I have stocked in caly storage that have a shortage on ark auction (weapons as an example). I benefit of this space hassle since I can get more markup for my loot selling it wherever it pays off and since I always use VIP warp since the cost is neglectable of the total cost for the weekend (markup pays it..). Problem is with smaller cycles.

I'm just trying to get space removed because I don't want more planets to go bankrupt and that will happen if they don't fix it. Space ruins the experiece mostly for casual players and new players where the space travel cost is killing their margins and eventually make them move to calypso or quit the game.

Low risk game? Is there a risk at all traveling in space? NO!!! Incase you missed this you are the one in the wrong game. Hire a MS and once u get on it just log out and your loot is 100% safe. It's nothing but hassle and for those that got no interest in space crap its only a obstable/hassle and for sure not a risk. I do hope they remove space, open the teleporters and auctions and send a link to EVE online to the wannabe investors in space but I do realize it wont happend so they should find a way inbetween so everyone was happy.

Hire a MS and once u get on it just log out and your loot is 100% safe.

I Think this is what the pirates and the biggest mothership owners really Think is the biggest issue right now (the "just log out and your loot is 100% safe" part).

If MA fixes it, I hope they do it in some user-friendly way (that it's only about loot and don't leave people who have logged out for the night stranded on some space station), and that they on the same way add an easy way to check what you are carrying on you that's lootable (so you don't have to go through every box Before going into space). For instance, the disable-T-in-space I Think is kind of annoying. (You will get ejected if you relog, it will take longer time though, and you will arrive at a space station meeting a higher risk of meeting pirates than if you flew the entire way by yourself).

I've had some concerns about the availibility of affordable warp rides if the "logout" thing gets removed. Let's just hope if it gets implemented (logoff removal) that the cost to travel and the avilibility of rides doesn't change drastically to the worse (some smaller services could go out of official business if they get too few passengers if they live on transporting passengers with loot and they aren't ready to take the cost of upgrading SI, and organizing crew aboard for repairs and gunning).

Last edited:
I Think this is what the pirates and the biggest mothership owners really Think is the biggest issue right now (the "just log out and your loot is 100% safe" part).

If MA fixes it, I hope they do it in some user-friendly way (that it's only about loot and don't leave people who have logged out for the night stranded on some space station), and that they on the same way add an easy way to check what you are carrying on you that's lootable (so you don't have to go through every box Before going into space). For instance, the disable-T-in-space I Think is kind of annoying. (You will get ejected if you relog, it will take longer time though, and you will arrive at a space station meeting a higher risk of meeting pirates than if you flew the entire way by yourself).

I've had some concerns about the availibility of affordable warp rides if the "logout" thing gets removed. Let's just hope if it gets implemented (logoff removal) that the cost to travel and the avilibility of rides doesn't change drastically to the worse (some smaller services could go out of official business if they get too few passengers if they live on transporting passengers with loot and they aren't ready to take the cost of upgrading SI, and organizing crew aboard for repairs and gunning).

ok lets hope they do that [/sarcasm].

How do you think it should work if your system crashes, endless EU bugs make u crash or the internet/power goes out? Should you risk losing everything then? How deserted do you think the other planets are going to be if people have to gamble with their money?

And another thing you mention there is that the price of a warp will go up. Who do you think this will hurt most? New players thats exploring and enjoying other planets and have to bring all their belongings to have ped to continue hunting with or the players that hunts/craft/mines enough for it to not matter much if the warp is 30 ped or 100ped because its nothing of their total expenses anyways? And finally who do you think they will scare away from this game with doing this? The old stubborn player with a good budget for hunting or the brand new player thats playing for a very limited budget since he is not hooked into this game?

I hope they realize that forcing lootable pvp on players isn't the way to go. Since this is all about real money not everyone can take risks but they still want to explore everything but that empty annoying space pvp mumbo jumbo.

As I've said before, if they remove the logout option, the safest way to transport stackables will be in a quad. I wouldn't mind a huge amount, but it would really kill the mothership services.

How do you think it should work if your system crashes, endless EU bugs make u crash or the internet/power goes out?

Yeah, stability is a must. Let's hope they solve the CTDs (expecially the CTDs related to "server-transfer-areas" eg when you fly out from a mothership, or when the mothership engages into warp). Getting a CTD when entereing a lootable pvp area should be considered unacceptable.

The two big issues with space is:
- CTDs (lately, when sitting in a mothership "seat" and mothership enters warp - weird as there is almost no graphic Components involved)
- "teleporting" related issues: Floaters in space (and pillar room) after (some) VUs because landing on CP/asteroid and revival doesn't work at all, and teleporting lag when landing on planets (imagine being stuck at a planet border when a pirate flying straight after you because there is a 1 minute teleport lag).

Then there is Another big issue that's not a single thing, and that is that space isn't beginner friendly. Beginner as, it's easy to get yourself into space, but unless you know how it works you risk getting stuck there - if you fly by yourself, but using a cheap slqipnir and you slapped on a thruster, you risk getting shot down and stranded on space station because of no repair tool, and if you've gotten a ride with a mothership, you might be stuck at a space station because you don't have any PEDs for the teleporter. And you have to manually check the fuel level to make sure you're not running out of fuel while travelling, I'm not sure that there is a warning at a fuel level when it's barely enough to travel all the way from one planet to the next. (On the other hand, I don't have too much hope for this now since MA changed so that "item brokem" message is hitten in one of the tabs you usually don't check because of the info spam).

How do you think it should work if your system crashes, endless EU bugs make u crash or the internet/power goes out? Should you risk losing everything then? How deserted do you think the other planets are going to be if people have to gamble with their money?

And another thing you mention there is that the price of a warp will go up. Who do you think this will hurt most? New players thats exploring and enjoying other planets and have to bring all their belongings to have ped to continue hunting with or the players that hunts/craft/mines enough for it to not matter much if the warp is 30 ped or 100ped because its nothing of their total expenses anyways? And finally who do you think they will scare away from this game with doing this? The old stubborn player with a good budget for hunting or the brand new player thats playing for a very limited budget since he is not hooked into this game?

I hope they realize that forcing lootable pvp on players isn't the way to go. Since this is all about real money not everyone can take risks but they still want to explore everything but that empty annoying space pvp mumbo jumbo.

A transport container concept were you can book them in on transport ships for a fee and pay a fee according to the TT/MU value stored within which covers the transport costs and a kind of insurance would solve the issues mentioned by you - it could come with an autolist function at the target planet for that planets auction system.

Carrying 'handluggage' / transport containers onboard oneself could be avaiable as alternate option - were if they are stored in passenger inventory they would get relocated to the origins spacestation (there could be a special storage just for retrieving relocated containers).
Same for ships that carry containers directly themself, there could be an emergency rescue button onboard which would trigger a relocation of all carried goods to the space station the ship was docked before starting the travel. Pressing the button would trigger a countdown - maybe 2minutes - after which the carried loot would be safe back on the station.
That would leave every transport provider the chance to try several times to make safe passage as long as they make use of the emergency button and can keep up their ship long enough unti the timer expires.
This also gives every attacker a real chance on loot if capable of killing the target ship within the given timeframe.

With the solution above, the new players who just travel for exploration would pay low transport fees as they wouldnt be moving many goods while those players moving alot of stuff would pay respectively - the fees for both would still make it worthwhile as the difference in markup between planets would adjust according to avaiabilty of the respective goods.

-> removing logged out stackable transport can be made safe even with connection issues still around
-> transport containers could be (L) and their stats could be adjusted by mindark to balance the transport system, e.g. providing different container sizes/weight limitations for different ships/handluggage purpose

Warp speed also needs to be fixed, it shouldnt be possible for one ship to fly to several planets within one hours time, i can cover all the planets in the universe dropping passengers at all locations within one hour so this definately needs to change considering how many warpcapable ships are out there and that the system should provide necessity for many of them and not just a handfull.

But for this to change and slowing down warp it also needs to take alot longer (like many many hours) to cross the distance from one stellar system to another by just using subwarp.

Back