Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

Pff, I though my video was awesome... befaure I seen this fu***** video baxter, it's your profession or what? :D How you did all these "flash" effect, like the windows? Cant belive it, I have to work 10min for animated 3 little point so when I see that I just :eek:

You have to learn me man. ;) Hehe, nice job.

Pff, I though my video was awesome... befaure I seen this fu***** video baxter, it's your profession or what? :D How you did all these "flash" effect, like the windows? Cant belive it, I have to work 10min for animated 3 little point so when I see that I just :eek:

You have to learn me man. ;) Hehe, nice job.

Thanks man, it's my job... among other things I design multimedia presentations too. :ahh:

Thanks man, it's my job... among other things I design multimedia presentations too. :ahh:

Your video is awesome!!!

Jamhot

I am so tired, professional should not be able to do the event :D

If MA look my video next to your one I am died :rofl:

:)

Baxter, don't worry, man. All of a sudden, everyone goes 'ah, your video sucks so much', simply because they are pissed that you did something truely great and that so far you have the higest chances to win this.

Special effects... of course this video needs special effects. This is a promotional video after all. I totaly admire your video. Period.

On the other hand, I'd like to take a minute and post my comments, ok baxter? Take it as friendly critique and as my personal point of view, which you might not agree with.

So here goes:

1. IMO the video is too passive. The soundtrack is aggressive, dirty and fast. When they say 'you bring fire', showing beautiful scenery somehow doesnt match. Perhaps it's my taste only, dunno. I mean Im all for beautiful sceneries, but maybe not in this kind of a video. Since the music is pre-defined, it forces a certain type of a motion to go along it. I don't know, show more shooting maybe, show more mining, show something that is in synch with Rudolf's 'dirty face' and 'chased the dollar' and 'broke his heart' and 'stuck his middle finger'... if you know what I mean. (let me use a strong parallel: it's like a vegeterian, who would make a movie about the meat lol But where is the meat?)

2. Order of the scenes doesn't seem right to me. I'd start with what's core for this game. So I'd change the order of the careers presented. Spam hunting, mining and crafting first! Hunting as 'numero uno' imo. By all means! Yea, show them what's best! Give them creeps, just right away! And the nature... show it in the middle of your video or even at the end, use it as a break between some fast scenes.

3. The video lacks some background supporting sounds. More, more, more of it please! When you show global there is a sound of a global and that's it! Good. Yet when you show an armored player shooting, I cant hear the shoting. When you show fashion, a gal uses a whip, I can't hear it. When you show troxie, I can't hear it's roar. It should give you creeps, no? When EBN gate closes and opens, I expected some sound of a closed gate, a short boom. When you show explosion, there is no sound of an explosion. Etc etc etc...

4. The video is not linked with Kevin Rudolf's music. I could play your video and put some other soundtrack and it wouldn't change much.

Other than that, the effects are totally spectacular!!! The intro is so well done... In other videos I've noticed that the music starts during Entropia logo intro scene. You timed it very well and the music starts precisely when it should. The ending effects are totally great as well, just perfect! The same for th effects during the main part of the movie, the EBN gate closing and opening, the top and bottom screen things with some text, great great great!

I do not consider your movie to be too long. You made it longer than other people's. Your choice. We shouldn't compare.

Also, you used a full song without cutting or rearranging it. I do not find it inappropriate. I think some people find it hard to use the right video for Lil Wayne's sort of rap part of the song... You could have used part of the song only, true, but you didn't. Again, your choice.

I also like when sometimes, probably by chance, you can see other player names (happens when the cursor is on the player). Makes is more real, I think. I just like it.

Last edited:
Thanks J, that's what I call constructive comments. The thing is I'm kind of tired and I need a little break from it... I listened to this song and watched the overall footage so many times it doesn't make any sense to me anymore. I think you know what I mean :laugh:.

:)

Baxter, don't worry, man. All of a sudden, everyone goes 'ah, your video sucks so much', simply because they are pissed that you did something truely great and that so far you have the higest chances to win this.

Dont know if you speak of me but what I said was only a joke, and a congratulation, and baxter have understand it, not like you I see. :D

I have only one question at this point....... Baxter, may I borrow your Supremacy while hunting on your land area? ;)

Oh Ok Baxter now im impressed. Oh and i cant believe how well MA nailed this one the song is getting really popular here in DK atleast on mainstream commercial radios and TV. Man wouldnt it be cool if the video was released with the PE theme ?

Thanks J, that's what I call constructive comments. The thing is I'm kind of tired and I need a little break from it... I listened to this song and watched the overall footage so many times it doesn't make any sense to me anymore. I think you know what I mean :laugh:.

I do.

Definiately take a break. If you would like to use another pair of eyes, sort of a third party perspective, feel free to send me a PM.

Guys... can you wait judging until the final days? There are many more competitors so we still have much to see :p

I have read "you are gonna win" on like every movie so far. Including the real version of mine :p

I agree that his movie is great. But it is also a bit slow paced in my opinion. And if MA could chose from a trailer saying "it's all ingame footage" or "it's all made in an editing tool", which PR would you think they preffered?

I am not sure if I win, but I am sure that there is not much computer generated stuff, in fact none at all save for a few transitions and intro/outro. And it looks great IMO...

I ask of you to don't count me, or any other competitor, out yet :wise:

Last edited:
Guys... can you wait judging until the final days? There are many more competitors so we still have much to see :p

I have read "you are gonna win" on like every movie so far xD

Dont worry, its just banter on the 'latest greatest'. We are all children of the moment, at this moment the bar has moved up a notch or three. ;)

Dont worry, its just banter on the 'latest greatest'. We are all children of the moment, at this moment the bar has moved up a notch or three. ;)

I agree. And that is good for us who still edit.

It gives us more pushing to be perfect. ^_^

I am still editing almost every day and I have been working on it since 30 dec. Count in a few sleepless nights and that I am unemployed... Well... you get the idea.

Now... I wanna meet some people doing a beacon on ameth! :silly2:

Get those high Quality videos linked properly...

Depending on format you uploaded, here are codes to put after url to open on your preferred resolution/setting.

• &fmt=6 - increases the resolution from 320×240 to 448×336, Flash 7 video @ 900Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 96Kbps Mono CBR.
  • &fmt=18 - increases the resolution to 480×360, H.264 video @ 512Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 128Kbps Stereo.
  • &fmt=22 - increases the resolution to 1280×720 (720p), H.264 video @ 1024Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 232Kbps Stereo.

For the best results, use 1280×720 format to upload then, so you have all 3 options to view in where ever :silly2:

Heidi Klum as sample :ahh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk - normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=18 - better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=22 - best

EF dont support embedding in other that 'normal' setting, so IMO rather not embed HQ or HD videos ;)

Get those high Quality videos linked properly...

Depending on format you uploaded, here are codes to put after url to open on your preferred resolution/setting.

• &fmt=6 - increases the resolution from 320×240 to 448×336, Flash 7 video @ 900Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 96Kbps Mono CBR.
  • &fmt=18 - increases the resolution to 480×360, H.264 video @ 512Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 128Kbps Stereo.
  • &fmt=22 - increases the resolution to 1280×720 (720p), H.264 video @ 1024Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 232Kbps Stereo.

For the best results, use 1280×720 format to upload then, so you have all 3 options to view in where ever :silly2:

Heidi Klum as sample :ahh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk - normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=18 - better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=22 - best

EF dont support embedding in other that 'normal' setting, so IMO rather not embed HQ or HD videos ;)

What for 1280 x 960? :p

At least things are becoming interesting ;) Don't count the ladies of Entropia out of this competition though :cool: However, MA did say if they liked more than one idea that additional prizes could be awarded..............

At least things are becoming interesting ;) Don't count the ladies of Entropia out of this competition though :cool: However, MA did say if they liked more than one idea that additional prizes could be awarded..............

Yeah. That is good to know.

But I wonder if that means "you get an adj pixie" or if we are talking similiar rewards?

Sure seems the competition just started hehe :laugh:

I was wondering, we can use the crytech video (cryengine2) right?

I was wondering, we can use the crytech video (cryengine2) right?

I think so, but I am not gonna use it. I will show PE for what it is. In a beautiful, yet stunning way. :)

So in my version there is only title screen, end screen and game footage inbetween. :)

But I don't think you are allowed to use material belonging to Crysis etc...

But of cryengine 2 it's ok? :D

But of cryengine 2 it's ok? :D

you can use the video with the planets ect and showing the entropia in cryengine 2 video which is about a minute long. I wouldn't have thought you would be able to use the crytech 2 tailer

But MA use it in their trailer :scratch2:
I have to know snif :(

I think u r allowed too ... MA uses it anyway so i think they got the rights to do so :D

Back