Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

Im sick of exporting / rendering this video of mine... Takes 60+ minutes now on Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5Ghz 4Gb ram...

Maybe if I didnt have 200+ clips in it it would help... :laugh:

Resulting in an 500Mb .MOV file... 4m 07sec

Every time I rendered it and view it - I find errors or fixes... 13 "Final releases" sofar...

20 "Finals" here... Plus bugfixrenders :p

Takes 50-60 mins here too :p

Tell us who it is :) :yay:

I will write on on youtube when the time is due. The person should know who it is, but I am not sure she uses the forums...

Wish I could have participated in this, used to do a lot of fimmaking so this would have been right up my street :( Too busy at uni though! Ah well, back to the books! ;)
Best of luck to everyone in it! :D
Frankenberry NBK Legion

omg .. there's a lot of posts on this thread!! :jawdrop:

I've only just begun the process of watching all the movies, as I wanted to wait til I was done with mine.
It's going to take some time .. because I'm not sure I can listen to that song a buncha times a day - but I'll get thru them all...eventually. :D

There are far too many to comment on them each - but there are really a lot of very interesting and really good entries and I wish the best of luck to all who have put forth the effort to compete. :cool:
I know how hard it is to make movies and have a little more respect for everyone who's doing this. :bowdown:

This movie was exxxtttrrreeemeelly hard. I can't release it to the public until the contest is over - but decided to share a little bit of a trailer here.

Again -- best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to see the rest of your entries !! I'm so so so so excited !! :beerchug:

I seen few nice clip yourmom, I wait to see the whole video. :)

I have a question (you said again?! :scratch2: :D)...
When I export the video from vegas, the output video have a huge size, like 10Gp. So I encode it with SUPER but in the final the video have maybe lower size but the quality is totally broken, or the size isn't lower etc...

Someone could tell me how I need to program SUPER (output video type, frame, option...) for have the best quality and a video smaller that 1Go.

Thanks a lot!

Ps:+rep for the first who reply me :D

Why don't you use WMV to render at?

Worked fine for me...

4:07 became 750 mb...

No idea what "SUPER" is but you should use H.264 with 25 Frames/sec for best quality on YouTube. Size depends on Resolution (dimensions of your video), how long it is and if there is much "movement".

If you keep your video below 5 min. you should hardly scratch 300MB... no idea what all those people do to get a video near 1GB with 3-4 min. play time :laugh:

Hmm I have tryed to output a 500Mo video in WMV with super, but it's really long :eek: and I am not sure about what details to choice.

See type of video, and video/audio option that I have to choice on SUPER:

type.jpg

details.jpg

What I have to choice / what's the best? :D

Oh I thinks I have understand what you said Tommy :D

I have extract it from vegas direclty in mwv and it work perfectly! (no need to use SUPER)

Sorry for flooding and thanks :ahh:

mp4, 25 Frames per sec. NOT 30!

For Audio 128 or 256 is fine...

EDIT: WMV sucks..., read the YouTube help...

Youtube help states clearly 30fps...

Wmw works very fine. My video is 1280 x 960 and WMV and it is crips and good quality on the sound which is at 96 k/sek and 44 hz. And it runs at 30 FPS.

Remember that these renditions are only for MA to judge on, so if they want the video later we can render it in ultra-size then with 256k sound etc...

WMV is underrated...

This movie was exxxtttrrreeemeelly hard. I can't release it to the public until the contest is over

Well, I'd suggest you release it a day or two before the contest is over.... :scratch2:

And where the fuck I saw that - I donno,,,

This movie was exxxtttrrreeemeelly hard.

What the heck does that mean? :p

Hard to create? :p

But I liked the preview as I wrote in the thread. Only thing negative in my point of view was that everything looked a bit stiff due to speeding up. So I hope it is not like that in the entire video... :p

Otherwise, looked promising :)

http://www.youtube.com/handbook_popup_produce_upload?pcont=bestformats
logo_new-vfl27779.gif
Best Formats for Uploading

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

• Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
  • Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
  • Resolution: 640x360 (16:9) or 480x360 (4:3) recommended
  • Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
  • Frames per second: 30
  • Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
  • Maximum file size: 1 GB

http://www.youtube.com/handbook_popup_produce_upload?pcont=bestformats
logo_new-vfl27779.gif
Best Formats for Uploading

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

• Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
  • Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
  • Resolution: 640x360 (16:9) or 480x360 (4:3) recommended
  • Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
  • Frames per second: 30
  • Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
  • Maximum file size: 1 GB

Video: H.264 and mp4 .. ok
Res: 640x360 ..ok (720p/2)
Audio: mp3 or AAC ..ok
Frames/sec: 30???? :laugh: well.... if you "have to"....

well... i don´t want to "convert" you.. so use what ever fits best for you.

Video: H.264 and mp4 .. ok
Res: 640x360 ..ok (720p/2)
Audio: mp3 or AAC ..ok
Frames/sec: 30???? :laugh: well.... if you "have to"....

well... i don´t want to "convert" you.. so use what ever fits best for you.

I do 1280x720x30fps - 20.000Bit streaming... Resulting in 600Mb files :silly2:

One of my previewers - complained about bad quality when I exported in 3k bit streaming :ahh:

http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/video/?video=rockets
Not really anything to do with the competition, just some collation of rocket clips while taking random footage for the video :silly2:

Oh, and that's Himura from Calypso Angels making me go airborne :p

Last edited:
so..where can I get that damn song ? ...

I cant buy from iTunes because I am not from usa (I can use giftcard but I dont wanna to spend 25$ or more just for ONE song)

I need to buy/get:
Let It Rock (Without Rap)/Let It Rock (no Rap)

thats all.

My girlfriend is a ROUGH critic...

None of the 62videos I presented her - impress her ;)

Now... waiting for her to watch my final edition...

My girlfriend is a ROUGH critic...

None of the 62videos I presented her - impress her ;)

Now... waiting for her to watch my final edition...

I wish you more luck in that than in the competition! Hahaha :D

BTW, critique is good! Without critique, no polishing!

I have remade my own video 20 times with major changes so... :p

Plus a few renders with bug fixes.

Wouldn't surprise me if my hard drive breaks from overusage soon :p

I'm considering letting a selected few take a sneakpeak of my very secret video thats about to be finalized.. Its like... Done to be honest - maybe 12 minutes more tweaking but its done...:ahh:

Only one person beside my girlfriend and me has seen it, a very trusted person... And she has given me tons of hints and advice. :D

How would I make it so - for example 10 selected people - can see my video, but will get a cap on so they won't tell anyone else about it?

Its like lending someone my I2870... Hard as hell to judge wtf should be able... :scratch2:

So how would you suggest I do this? :scratch2:

I'm considering letting a selected few take a sneakpeak of my very secret video thats about to be finalized.. Its like... Done to be honest - maybe 12 minutes more tweaking but its done...:ahh:

Only one person beside my girlfriend and me has seen it, a very trusted person... And she has given me tons of hints and advice. :D

How would I make it so - for example 10 selected people - can see my video, but will get a cap on so they won't tell anyone else about it?

Its like lending someone my I2870... Hard as hell to judge wtf should be able... :scratch2:

So how would you suggest I do this? :scratch2:

I guess get 10 ppl you trust who aren't entering and will promise you that they wont tell anyone about it:laugh:

I guess get 10 ppl you trust who aren't entering and will promise you that they wont tell anyone about it:laugh:

10 persons U can trust in EU???

Uhm But... I wouldn't know if these 10 person has closer associations with others that make videos do I? :laugh:

10 persons U can trust in EU???

Uhm But... I wouldn't know if these 10 person has closer associations with others that make videos do I? :laugh:

lol ok well 10 ppl you feel you can trust, if you want i can look at it and get some of my rl friends to comment and see what they think, and yes i know i made a video but i've given up looking at the competition :ahh:

Back