Let's tell to Mindark what to do for saving EU economy

giuly_adm

Elite
Society
Synergen
Giuliano adm Noooo
everyone saw the fall of market value on every item ingame, all L items, al unL items too, ores and enmatters, ending with other tools that ever had a markup (ex. FAP 2600 - OF105).

I would like to regroup all your ideas to make this economy a bit stable, that helps players to sell a part of the loot... al going to TT exept few rare items.

So pls give some tricks :)

I prefeer to see short posts, so easy to check everyone's opinion fast in the case the thread will become long.

I'll begin:

1. Stop the rain of L weapons in loot, every unL one is going to lose the use and so the value (I know it's better for you an higher dmg/sec MA, but pls think a bit to our PED cards too)

2. Try to hold rare a few ores, nice to find gold... but if it goes to TT that's not so fine, will we TT Rugaritz in the 2010?

3. Less armour sets as prize in events, I would like to buy an Angel for 5k peds soon, but maybe the owner could let EU cause of it ;)

We were yelling that everything was too expensive now we are complaining that L items are too cheap? :scratch2: I think things are starting to level out pretty well. I've lost a little bit due to the decrease, but things were ridiculously high a few months ago. I think we are doing pretty well. The L items seem to be dropping at a decent rate and giving away 10 mining armor sets isn't going to hurt anyone. It will make 10 people pretty happy and may even put some peds in their pockets should they decide to sell.

I think it's good prices are going down to a more reasonable level.

There has been mass inflation the last years in EU and I'm happy to see the buble is slowly going down instead of exploding...

I agree mate, just see many friends miners not so happy to TT all their ores, if it's good that prices go a bit down it's a damn shit to see that many that had a markup atm are TT food, that's not a good economy if most of items have no value more than TT...

For uber items it's another thing, but high price on uber items holds some value on lower end ones maybe...

A nice point of view anyway ;)

Better roi for all players. It would encourage people to be more active and more likely to continue playing if the boom and bust approach wasn't quite so bust.

Give someone 10ped in loot, they'll spend it. Give them 100 they'll hold it for a while but eventually spend it. Give someone 10000 they'll withdraw it.

I think Ingame economy reflects the real world economy.
With the world on the brink of a depression that will dwarf the
one in the 30's, it will take some time for things to recover.
It's just the way things are when you have a RCE.

But what can MA do to soften the blow and help retain
the stored assets and values ingame?
Well, first off, and most important, get out of the US$.
When the dollar finally goes over the edge tnx to Mr Bernake
and friends, your Mod fap won't buy you a pack of bubblegum.

Secondly, MA has to make the "game" more affordable to
the average person.
This means less revenue for MA ofcorse.
That's why it's so important to get the CE2 boat in the
water and stop stalling.
We need lots of new players to counteract for falling
revenues for MA, or they might be in for a realy rough ride too.

Theres certainly a limit to the amount of losses people are willing to accept before they just decide to stop depositing.

Better roi for all players. It would encourage people to be more active and more likely to continue playing if the boom and bust approach wasn't quite so bust.

Give someone 10ped in loot, they'll spend it. Give them 100 they'll hold it for a while but eventually spend it. Give someone 10000 they'll withdraw it.

Who can honestly argue and/or disagree with this.

Well said

How 'bout they just finish the game.

We need an increase in new long term players.
How bout they spend some cash on advertisments.

Many people I know have never heard of this game. Have no idea what it is.
They have never heard of RCE games at all.

Only reason I found out about this game was because Neverdie bought that asteroid way back when. I saw it in a MAXIM. I happend to be on the JOHN so I was actually reading the articles instead of just lookin at the girls.

about the only thing id like to see changed what i think is hurting the game is the daily ubers at noobmobs

i dont think in the past 2 years ive seen an uber at trox old aplha/stalker..yet i see daily troxubers around 20k ped at young/mature

thta is just silly..not only that to get an uber you better hunt he lowest maturity..but also..why so freaking high ?

lower the uberhofs and up the average loot....i see a lot of players complaining about the average loot..whereas a couple years ago before the daily uberhofs there was much less whining..cause average was higher and no stupid uberhofs

I don't even see a point in having uber loots.

MA taking from the loot pool and using it to fuel uber-loots to me is essentially all hunter/miner/crafters being forced to buy a lottery ticket. He (or she) who loots the golden egg (ahh the egg) is the lotto winner--and everyone else loses. We might as well be gambling.

With these uber-loots, we are.

But on the topic of the deprication of prices, as Mega Volt said "Sanity is returning to the price of virtual items."
-Valdes

So true!

I don't play to get rich, I play to have fun. If I can only afford to be active for short periods I'm more likely to leave, but if my peds can last a bit longer I'm more likely to stick around longer.

This needed to happen, im pissed my items are losing value but...

Im a lot happier to see the prices drop because in EU there is to many greedy people, i hope everything drops close to TT value :laugh:

Mining needs to be changed.. why mine for rares if rares are worth less than commons.. gold/valurite/kirtz are 110.. its ridiculous

I think the drop has to do with demand.
No one needs those items = lower prices.

There prolly was also an influx maybe a few huge finds that happened to drop the price.

about the only thing id like to see changed what i think is hurting the game is the daily ubers at noobmobs

i dont think in the past 2 years ive seen an uber at trox old aplha/stalker..yet i see daily troxubers around 20k ped at young/mature

thta is just silly..not only that to get an uber you better hunt he lowest maturity..but also..why so freaking high ?

lower the uberhofs and up the average loot....

I couldn't agree with this more actually.

Why bother hunting big ones when you can just grind the smaller ones in the hope of striking it lucky? Boring...

I understand that these being hunted more ofc creates more chance for an uber to drop but some are just ridiculous, especially 3 uber baby trox in 24 hours which happened only recently.

Either way I guess the balancing team manager probably has the worst job in MA I reckon. ;)

ok, I'm happy to see that mod FAP doesn't sell for 1.000.000 peds, but gold is still TT food... anyone got any idea of how to push a bit the value of LOWEND items?

ok, I'm happy to see that mod FAP doesn't sell for 1.000.000 peds, but gold is still TT food... anyone got any idea of how to push a bit the value of LOWEND items?

Lowering the drop rate will piss players off or simply devalue other ores.

Instead, release new useful gear that can be crafted with said materials.

MA should implement the CE2 and make it solid. Rock solid! Than they should have one or two development technicians and one support guy.. This is beside the management group... Don't employ shitloads of people, we have to pay for it!

I like the rain of (L) weapons. The unL ones are just not economical, and the (L) ones are not economical due to markup - until recently.
My soc mates and I used to joke around about using Apis on CP, because it was that bad eco. Lately I've been considering using the Apis, since it has dropped to a level where it is 2.7+ eco. Without this drop in price, the Apis is still a ridiculous weapon.
We don't need MA to stop giving us the ability to spend, we need to spend. We need more people who deposit $100/day, people who chip up to 250 HP in their first few months of playing because that is what saves the economy and keeps MindArk floating.
I was hired to fap the other day by this guy with 15 agility, 0 evader. My UR125 was able to keep him alive on virtually anything he wanted to hunt with his FreanD Delta. Kos said "you should thank him, he's keeping EU alive" - and it's true, people like that make EU stay afloat, and we need more of them.

Yes. My ex-mentor's soc mate just hit a massive HoF on lyst, and said he was withdrawing all but 500 ped. This frustrated me greatly - we do not need people withdrawing, we need people spending!
Sure, you may accuse me of bringing down MA's boat by not depositing, but guess what? I am not withdrawing during a recession! Not to mention my medical service and my hair styling service both provide 100% decays for MA to take peds from.
MA needs to be giving better ROI, as stated, and less massive HoFs, but not too few massive HoFs. A 20k HoF/day is nice, but 2-3 of them is a bit overkill.
The problem however is not the big HoFs, but the way people spend it.
Give me an ATH and I'll buy an unL SIB weapon to hunt with. Give a random 2 week old newbie an ATH and he's going to cash out and buy a car.

Last edited:
Agree with those spoken above..

instead of 3*20k loot/day, make it 1*20k + 5*2k + 10*1k..Make more people happy and make more people spend!

Agree with those spoken above..

instead of 3*20k loot/day, make it 1*20k + 5*2k + 10*1k..Make more people happy and make more people spend!

Or even select who to give the HoF to, or don't give TT food, give something useful that the person will want to use.

Personally I would just like to see the game/ universe/way of life become affordable to play :( I don't mind paying to pay, but I cant afford it the way it is right now :confused:

I love EU and I want to play, hunt, mine, craft and chat :yay:

But I cant keep just throwing money at it :scratch2:

Yes, fewer HOFs and globals, more "10 peds loots".

Personally I would just like to see the game/ universe/way of life become affordable to play :( I don't mind paying to pay, but I cant afford it the way it is right now :confused:

I love EU and I want to play, hunt, mine, craft and chat :yay:

But I cant keep just throwing money at it :scratch2:

Get a bunch of friends together, use P4 (L) + A104 and Gremlin/5Bs and hunt scipulor in a team. If you camp it, you will most likely end up profiting.

Yes, fewer HOFs and globals, more "10 peds loots".

Globals are not the problem, especially when you spend 20 ped per mob to kill them. It's the 20k HoFs going to people who are withdrawing it.

lower the uberhofs and up the average loot....

Agree wholeheartedly.

But then I said the same thing after that Huge mining ATH in '06 and it just got worse LOL

So, how about we ask for MORE uberloots - reverse psychology FTW :yay:

Agree wholeheartedly.

But then I said the same thing after that Huge mining ATH in '06 and it just got worse LOL

So, how about we ask for MORE uberloots - reverse psychology FTW :yay:

yes,i think for a couple years now people wish for the higher average/lower uberhof,but it just gets worse month after month

maybe ma thinks that most people like to chase the uberhofs,i think people like higher average return..but then again i might be completely wrong and projecting my own wishes

has there ever been an poll for this ?

ps;i have always been an fanboi for pe,i think the concept of this game is just brilliant,and it has captured my attention for almost 5 years.....but for the first time in all those years im starting to fear for the future of pe..and hence my ingame capital

I do not believe in any "general" loopool anymore, the system itself only pays back what you inserted.
There might be those "noob" ubers, but they are more rare than an ATH and could be considered as an publicity stunt.
Big loots only mean a lot of PEDs spent towards the system, nothing more.
Just beacuse some ATHs drop from low maturity does definately not mean, that the one getting it did not spend that those PEDs. 30k can be spend towards the system quite fast.

(L) is the absolutely cheapest way to give anyone the chance to feel like an uber, it may not be as economical in certain aspects as some unlimted stuff, but at least it gives you the chance to play for a small time in the same league as the ubers.
There are quite a lot you can afford to spend a few hundreds $ every month without beeing uber or having the best gear. The only ones whining all the time that stuff is too expensive and that loot is not "shared" in a fair way are those who struggle to even deposit a few hundred PEDs every month and rather than having fun and writing the money deposited off as "fun investment" they only want an instant gratification and see the game as a gamble.
In my opinion it is a plattform for virtual goods within a virtual economy. Nothing more and nothing less.
If one wants "instant gratification" for his money, there are enough other MMOs without the RCE kick :D

yes,i think for a couple years now people wish for the higher average/lower uberhof,but it just gets worse month after month

maybe ma thinks that most people like to chase the uberhofs,i think people like higher average return..but then again i might be completely wrong and projecting my own wishes

has there ever been an poll for this ?

Count me in for that.

Or can we put it like back in the days? Make skills matter. I don't mind avatars with high skills getting high loots as long I get loot according to my own skills. (So make it worth going higher...)

Back