Lending System Business

MA could always introduce a fee they could charge the borrower. I rather see them doing that.

maniac said:
MA could always introduce a fee they could charge the borrower. I rather see them doing that.

I think we already have enough FEEs ingame.

1 ped for auction.
5 ped for PVP3.
10 ped for return TP from space.

Next thing you know they'll tax my taxes :rolleyes:

Faustian said:

1 ped for auction.
5 ped for PVP3.

Well, PE is a virtual universe, so don't be too surprised when it happens ;) Soon we'll have as many taxes as we have irl :p

Avery said:
Well, PE is a virtual universe, so don't be too surprised when it happens ;) Soon we'll have as many taxes as we have irl :p

I'm don't like you anymore :(

Faustian said:

1 ped for auction.
5 ped for PVP3.

dont forget the % from deposits.

Skam said:

DOH I forgot that one :rolleyes:
BAH every time you post something you cost me money :(

Skam said:

Umm, that % is the banks fee, got nothing to do with MA.
And im pretty sure it's right and MA arent setting it too high, with my first three withdrawals i got the money from the same bank, later MA lowered the deposit fee, then i got my forth withdrawal, and that was from a completely different bank, probably one that was cheaper than the bank MA used before.

I used incorrect wording i guess. I am not saying I WOULD rather like them to introduce a tax on lending. I would not like that.
But I rather see tem doing that, since you know MA, and this is the path of the least resistance.

Ok Ok MB might be so :)

Well Im happy with the way PE is really and Im not complaining about the fees. at least we have the tt where we can dump stuff and get its acctual value (if it is a tt-item).
In Lineage 2 you only get half its value if you dont sell it another player.

Dirk said:
If the system does not do it automatically, then just trade the current TT of the item when you loan it:

I loan you a gun, Tt is 50 ped, you give me 50 ped
You return the gun at TT 30 ped, I give you 30 ped

perhaps you repaired it, so you return it at 95 ped, so I give you 95 ped.

It does balance out, and it ensures that the decay is payed for by the correct person.

so basically if I lend out the mod dar .. I will have 12k ped in the trade
until returned? ... could have worked thou :p

personally thou I think that indtroducing a lend/rent system would be difficult and therefor ma wont make 1.. what would be enough is the possibility to have time limited lending out.. so if u want some1 to borrow ur stuff or rent it or whatever u can put a time limit when it automatically will be returned to ur inventory/storage. this is for being safe and dont risk being screwed or robbed :p
but to make a lending system with economy involved from ma'a part I doubt will happen..

Good idea ron, or the other option is a decay limit. ie: once 100 PEDS of decay goes through the item it reverts back to the original owner. This way the decay issue is taken care of as well.

*spank me if someone suggested this earlier*

DD
:evilking:

ron said:
so if u want some1 to borrow ur stuff or rent it or whatever u can put a time limit when it automatically will be returned to ur inventory/storage. this is for being safe and dont risk being screwed or robbed :p

This is what I what I had in mind when making this thread. And how to use such a system as renting-business ;)
But the problem is, if you check the thread, that do you know it got same tt-value when it comes back to inventory.

I was thinking simple math to solve the problem. How much it can decay on that timelimit.
But problem isnt guns. Its Armors mostly. If you rent out shadow, and the one who rents keep repairing it for max protection what will you then charge?

Last edited:
Devil Doll said:
Good idea ron, or the other option is a decay limit. ie: once 100 PEDS of decay goes through the item it reverts back to the original owner. This way the decay issue is taken care of as well.

*spank me if someone suggested this earlier*

DD
:evilking:

Ya- this was already suggested! Both time and decay! Newbs! :laugh:

So... When the decaylimit is reached, I see this happen :)

lending.jpg

rstock said:
So... When the decaylimit is reached, I see this happen :)

It takes a LONG time to decay a Mod Merc 100 ped ;)

oh I know I know.
But it doesnt have to be 100ped limit :)
could be 10.

Nevertheless. just for fun :)

isnt that just the cutest drawing :D

Lending System

One of the ways is by the per hour charge to rent out items but you charge the other person either up front or their loot goes into a holding area of some form so that they can pay after their hnt for example.

As with the decay, it is the same principle as with renting cars etc....... the cost is down to the owner and the renter..... a costing system would be as diverse as it is in the auction houses

It could be an idea that you give to a central rental shop whom charge from there and then credit your account?!?!? MA could easily programme this in like they have with shop keepers.

As with the TT being affected, the user has to return back in the same condition, but then what if they run out of money??? the variable are huge to take into account and it maybe that the owner just has to bite the bullet and set a one of fee with time allocated to it and then hey presto, as mentioned in previous threads it returns to the owner.

A Question for Marco if he desided to read this.
Is there any chance what so ever that MA will introduce a "Lending System"?
Where one avatar can safely lend his equipment to a friend or an associate for fee or free if he wishes with out fear of loosing it do to a thief or scammer?

Many continue to talk and wish for this. I think it's time for some answer if you don't mind please :D
Any insight will be appriciated :wise:

There is always a chance for it - however, it is not a priority right now in any way. Why? Because it is a very, very, complex system, and one that have to work in any possible situation. I am not saying it cannot be done, I am just stating that we currently elect to put the MA development resources into other areas instead, as we believe that will bring more and better content to PE as a whole.

Faustian said:
A Question for Marco if he desided to read this.
Is there any chance what so ever that MA will introduce a "Lending System"?
Where one avatar can safely lend his equipment to a friend or an associate for fee or free if he wishes with out fear of loosing it do to a thief or scammer?

Many continue to talk and wish for this. I think it's time for some answer if you don't mind please :D
Any insight will be appriciated :wise:

Marco|MindArk said:
There is always a chance for it - however, it is not a priority right now in any way. Why? Because it is a very, very, complex system, and one that have to work in any possible situation. I am not saying it cannot be done, I am just stating that we currently elect to put the MA development resources into other areas instead, as we believe that will bring more and better content to PE as a whole.
Well atleast he didn't say Never :)
Keep hoping guys ;)

Marco|MindArk said:

Bah the only reason i held onto my Adj was to cover cost with lending etc :mad:

Starts looking to sell...

Look on the bright side -then we have something to look forward to, and then we have time to get uber before it comes so everyone wanna rent from us :D (not that its gonna happen to me but :D)

Thx Marco for answering!

It would be nice to have it implemented some day though. Would save a lot of (potential) headaches. Maybe I'll just start a rental service :)

I don't understand why it isn't a priority, it would be one of the most useful things implemented (much more useful than picking up crap).

something i noticed NOBODY caught onto....
this is one of the most, possibly THE most, scammable systems ive ever heard described. heres a few scenarios:

scene 1) uberVet 1 lends item to scammer 2. Scammer 2 gives item to scammer 3, an accomplice. when the return time comes, PE cant withdraw the item from scammer 2s inventory because it isnt there. this is easily fixed by an electronic tag on each lent-item, but everything takes time and money, but theres another problem:)
scene 2, the problem with the solution to scene 1) uberVet lends item to scammer 2. scammer 2 goes to scammer 3, an accomplice. scammer 2 DROPS ITEM. electronic "lending" tags are ERASED! scammer 3 picks up item.
scene 3) uberVet A lends item to scammer B. scammer B sells item to rich-kidNoob C. if theres an electronic tag on the item, when time is up, item dissapears from rich-kidNoobs inventory to uberVets inventory. guess who eats cost, and guess what designers say "not our problem"???

this system will take a helluvalong time in implementation, and MA knows that. lets hope they put that limited time and research into something FAR MORE succeedable and usefull before turning to something it would take several VUs time to create.

MindBuster said:
Umm, that % is the banks fee, got nothing to do with MA.
And im pretty sure it's right and MA arent setting it too high, with my first three withdrawals i got the money from the same bank, later MA lowered the deposit fee, then i got my forth withdrawal, and that was from a completely different bank, probably one that was cheaper than the bank MA used before.
mb, i can explain this for you (what do you know, an MA in business IS worth something lol, i just thought it was resume decoration ;) )
everyime you use your credit card, the money is paid from the CREDIT COMPANY to the company recieving the money (MA). the credit company then charges YOU the money, with a high %. but heres what most people dont know-- not only do credit companies make the % off YOU, they also charge the business in question 3-6% (depending on which credit company and what countries are in question) taken off the top of the sale. so, evey time you put 10 usd into MA, MA loses a given amount due to what the credit card takes. MA is simply smart enough to say "why should we eat these charges? let the consumer eat them!!!" hey, you gotta respect corporations for being able to relocate cost privalege. LOL!!!! :D :D :D

and rstock... reps for the drawing!! lol.

Zasz said:
mb, i can explain this for you (what do you know, an MA in business IS worth something lol, i just thought it was resume decoration ;) )
everyime you use your credit card, the money is paid from the CREDIT COMPANY to the company recieving the money (MA). the credit company then charges YOU the money, with a high %. but heres what most people dont know-- not only do credit companies make the % off YOU, they also charge the business in question 3-6% (depending on which credit company and what countries are in question) taken off the top of the sale. so, evey time you put 10 usd into MA, MA loses a given amount due to what the credit card takes.

I was talking about withdrawals, the part you quoted, withdrawals got nothing to do with the creditcard companies, as withdrawals goes to your bank account number, not your creditcard number/company, so with withdrawals it's MA's bank deciding the % it costs, and your bank too.
First MA's bank charge some % to transfer the money to your bank, but your bank can also add extra %, like if they need to convert from USD to your local currency.

yes, i saw that, but you said it in response to:
Skam said:
so i figured you had accidentally said "withdrals" instead of "deposits" lol. sry...

Zasz said:
something i noticed NOBODY caught onto....
this is one of the most, possibly THE most, scammable systems ive ever heard described. heres a few scenarios:

scene 1) uberVet 1 lends item to scammer 2. Scammer 2 gives item to scammer 3, an accomplice. when the return time comes, PE cant withdraw the item from scammer 2s inventory because it isnt there. this is easily fixed by an electronic tag on each lent-item, but everything takes time and money, but theres another problem:)
scene 2, the problem with the solution to scene 1) uberVet lends item to scammer 2. scammer 2 goes to scammer 3, an accomplice. scammer 2 DROPS ITEM. electronic "lending" tags are ERASED! scammer 3 picks up item.
scene 3) uberVet A lends item to scammer B. scammer B sells item to rich-kidNoob C. if theres an electronic tag on the item, when time is up, item dissapears from rich-kidNoobs inventory to uberVets inventory. guess who eats cost, and guess what designers say "not our problem"???

this system will take a helluvalong time in implementation, and MA knows that. lets hope they put that limited time and research into something FAR MORE succeedable and usefull before turning to something it would take several VUs time to create.and rstock... reps for the drawing!! lol.

I thought it was said somewhere in this or another thread... offcourse when you have a lendingsystem you cant lend it to any others or drop it. It remains in your inventory, like the all non-dropable items (ped-card for example..)

For example, when you rent a dvd it says stricktly in the info that you cant lend the video out to anyone else or let anyone else use it whatsoever. Im sure if the rentslbusiness irl had a way to let the items just "pop" back in their store after expired rent they would use it :)

Back