Meelee amps

I think this Idea has a lot of merit, Id love to get more damage out of my dagger, though I dont use it as often as I used too.

Grimyth Salty

You will know it after killing 100 proterons with MM (amped or unamped doesn´t matter) and then killing 100 Proteron with your Axe2x0 (witch is a great eco weapon to hunt low mobs, but will fail on anything mid level or high level, due to low DMG/sec!

Or go for Hogglo, Sec Ents, Falx and have fun with your armor/fap bill after using the Axe2x0 vs that :)

Next thing:

Do a 500 PED hunt (without a break) with Axe2x0, you need only 18 Axe2x0 for that, while 1 MM and 2 amps do that job for a ranged fighter :)

All nice and true but not the question.. Remontoire seems to know a button in entropedia, that will make the axe 2x0 less eco than the mod merc (in entropedia). I'm just wondering what button it is.

he said: And here I was thinking you had played the game for more than three months and thus knew the checkboxes and data you need to fill out for the form to give you reasonable information ...

I'm not talking real life hunting..

besides I hunt low level anyway. (small drones, argo, molisk and bristlehogs)

All nice and true but not the question.. Remontoire seems to know a button in entropedia, that will make the axe 2x0 less eco than the mod merc (in entropedia). I'm just wondering what button it is.
that "button" is any A series amp from A102 to A204, not that hard to find.

besides I hunt low level anyway. (small drones, argo, molisk and bristlehogs)

Well for that ones the Axe2x0 is fine, but still need a lot Axes to do a long hunt. Actually I use the Adjusted Embra C1 for that low mobs. Less eco than Axe2x0 (if maxed on it) but actually better eco for me because maxed the sword (not the axe).

And now check that!

Select Melee only
Set Hit and Damage Prof to 50
Set skillbased yes
Sort by DMG/pec

== Axe2x0 dropped down to page 9 of eco melee weapons, its way less eco than it looks like!

Well doing it for pistols with A105 attached will drop down the MM, too but still better eco with MM than with Axe2x0

Now another test:

All weapons
Select A103
Select Beast
Skill Based
Hit + DMG LVL50 Prof
Sort by DMG/pec

Only Melee weapon that remains in the top 30 is Improved Embra C1 and that isn´t usable for any big mob, due to low DMG/sec (its damn slow!)

Do we really not need melee amps to improve eco (beside DMG/sec) ????

Edit:
It gets a little better at LVL75 then we have the Genesis Rainbow at rank 39 (DMG/pec) what is the first eco sword that is really usable vs big mobs, too. Beside the Nano-Katana what is not really available and if it is, the markup kills its eco!

Last edited:
that "button" is any A series amp from A102 to A204, not that hard to find.

Well for that ones the Axe2x0 is fine, but still need a lot Axes to do a long hunt. Actually I use the Adjusted Embra C1 for that low mobs. Less eco than Axe2x0 (if maxed on it) but actually better eco for me because maxed the sword (not the axe).

And now check that!

Select Melee only
Set Hit and Damage Prof to 50
Set skillbased yes
Sort by DMG/pec

== Axe2x0 dropped down to page 9 of eco melee weapons, its way less eco than it looks like!

Well doing it for pistols with A105 attached will drop down the MM, too but still better eco with MM than with Axe2x0

Now another test:

All weapons
Select A103
Select Beast
Skill Based
Hit + DMG LVL50 Prof
Sort by DMG/pec

Only Melee weapon that remains in the top 30 is Improved Embra C1 and that isn´t usable for any big mob, due to low DMG/sec (its damn slow!)

Do we really not need melee amps to improve eco (beside DMG/sec) ????

Comparing the two using your skill level will certainly drop the eco considerably.
I am talking you have level 100 on both the axe 2x0 and the mod merc ofcourse. That's the only objective comparison there is. And the ultimate goal to aim for.
Besides, a beast on a mod merc will not increase its eco....
Hence my original statement stands.

But thx for the effort.

Comparing the two using your skill level will certainly drop the eco considerably.
I am talking you have level 100 on both the axe 2x0 and the mod merc ofcourse. That's the only objective comparison there is. And the ultimate goal to aim for.
Besides, a beast on a mod merc will not increase its eco....
Hence my original statement stands.

But thx for the effort.

I'll offer 1k ped if you can attach a beast to a mm :silly2:

I'll offer 1k ped if you can attach a beast to a mm :silly2:

Lol major fail.. hahaha
I guess remontoire was right I am that nib!

Nothing to see here ppl.... ow the shame the shame

Last edited:
I wonder how a melee amp would look like if we ever get one. An energy based one could be a gadget attached to the hilt and an amp for normal blades could be some spikes.

:wtg:

Last edited:
I wonder how a melee amp would look like if we ever get one. An energy based one could be a gadget attached to the hilt and an amp for normal blades could be some spikes.

:wtg:

no need for different amps for different melee weapons , on energy melee the battery amp enhances the energy of the weapon and on old metal blades and clubs the battery amp heats up the blade or spikes (clubs) thus increasing the damage.

cheers

ermik

100 peds there wont be any melee amps with decent eco and dmg (30+dmg) coming in the near future.

For those complaining about various melee skills not giving hp, I just tried to do the math.
Notice the word tried. This is by no means an exact science, but based upon the skill impact percentage and and hp increase per skill point for the various skills, I came up with these test results for brawler and blp pistoleer:

brawler:

or assuming 10k skill points in every relevant profession:

blp pistoleer:

or assuming 10k skill points in every relevant profession:

(higher is better)

(The second method may prove less of a difference, but that is due to the fact that skill effect has not been taken into account. We thus assume that all skills are equal, considering the likelihood of gaining them.)

Thus concluding that melee professions are far more efficient at gaining hp.

I can not guarantee that my calculations are perfect, but they are good enough to prove the tendency.

When that is said, I'd very much like melee amps too ;)

Best regards.

Last edited:
:yay::mad:

2012... still no melee amps :(

I wonder maybe they never put amps because of some balance reason. Can anyone explain the reason?^ Anyway would be nice to have amps for melee. Blade coating? hihi :wtg:

I wonder maybe they never put amps because of some balance reason. Can anyone explain the reason?^ Anyway would be nice to have amps for melee. Blade coating? hihi :wtg:

Melee amp have to work different than ranged amps due to internal accounting. So new system code has to be written and tested. As MA is way understaffed that will take some time...and sure is pretty low on MAs priority list.

You will still loose your ass even with melee amps :yay::yay::yay::yay:

probably right :) but atleast i will have a chance to use them :)

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

i hear there is a universal amp coming out... on a different planet... not just hunting but can be used mining too... we will see if it actually happens... but this universal amp would include melee...

would be an impressive step in the right direction

:yay::mad:

2012... still no melee amps :(

I see it as reason why EU has only 900K accounts rather than 20M...ppl just wait to long to see some things hapening.
I promise ...i leave other games and be back to EU ofr at least 4-5 hrs/day like in good old times if they introduce meele amps on calypso (feel kinda safe for some time..lol )

probably right :) but atleast i will have a chance to use them :)

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

i hear there is a universal amp coming out... on a different planet... not just hunting but can be used mining too... we will see if it actually happens... but this universal amp would include melee...

would be an impressive step in the right direction

No, it wouldnt be. It would be an impressive step towards the balancing team having their heads up their collective asses.

Who in their right mind would buy a specialized amp when you could get an uber amp that took care of everything?

It's bad enough the Calypso vehicles are basically worthless now. Let's also make Calypso amps worthless too.

yes please!!!

also fix it so longblade... and shortblade give HP...

all other game activities using to mine or hunt give HP... why not longblade?

Rifle = hp
handgun = hp
ore/enmatter mining = hp...

longblade = no hp
shortblade = no hp

wtf :(
i would have almost 10hp more :)

Careful what you wish for, melee already has a HP advantage, you might get it nerfed :p

profession sum(%contribution to hp) sum(%contribution*1000/levels_per_hp)
BLP/Laser Pistoleer (Hit) 75.00% 0.84
BLP/Laser Sniper (Hit) 74.00% 0.81
Ranged BLP/Laser (Dmg) 5.00% 0.04
Knifefighter/Swordsman (Hit) 41.00% 0.82
Knifefighter/Swordsman (Dmg) 16.00% 0.29

The melee professions have less hp skills true, but that by itself doesn't matter. The melee skills also have a lower contribution % to hp, but that by itself also doesn't matter. The melee hp skills are by far more potent, so if you take the weighted average of contribution and their effect, and sum it up you end up with the numbers in the 3rd col above; those numbers you can directly compare.

As you can see the hit professions are pretty equal. The dmg professions however are not, melee has a large edge there. If one assumes that ped spent -> skills is weighted evenly among dmg/hit, then melee has about a 35% advantage as far as how fast you raise HP for the same ped spent.

For the record im fine with that advantage, afterall you have to take more damage when you melee.

For the record im fine with that advantage, afterall you have to take more damage when you melee.

Nobody said a melee user can't use a tagger like everyone else

Melee weapons shouldn't get amps. They were designed accordingly with no amps existing.

It seems the biggest campaigners for melee amps are unl melee weapon owners that just want the value of their stuff to increase.

Melee weapons shouldn't get amps. They were designed accordingly with no amps existing.

It seems the biggest campaigners for melee amps are unl melee weapon owners that just want the value of their stuff to increase.

not to mention the tiering update..
a gun user only get's the extra for base dmg of the gun & not the amp, guess who benefits there again

Why do u want amp for your blade Joker? Wanna loose even more peds quicker? :dunno:

that's like saying all guns should have tiers removed since the tier system did not exist previously... those darn unlimited gun slingers just want to keep increasing the value of their investments, lol. (yes, I know that melee weapons have tiers too, I'm just saying that your statement that melee weapons are 'designed accordingly with no amps' is like saying that the guns were 'designed accordingly with no tiers' because they existed prior to the tier system being created)

Melee amps were promised in 2007 Q&A and still are not here (even if Magyar doesn't understand that a promise that something 'will be' is a promise)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?66126-Q-amp-A-Answers-(May-07
Post 45
Will there be unlimited (!) melee amps, or improvement of melee generally?
Submitted by Alice
Yes to both.

Last edited:
that's like saying all guns should have tiers removed since the tier system did not exist previously... those darn unlimited gun slingers just want to keep increasing the value of their investments, lol.

That's BS, tiering works on melee weapons also incase you haven't noticed & like I explained in an earlier post in this thread, it benefits melee weapons more then guns

EDIT : & keep increasing? where have you been the last 18 months?

that's like saying all guns should have tiers removed since the tier system did not exist previously... those darn unlimited gun slingers just want to keep increasing the value of their investments, lol. (yes, I know that melee weapons have tiers too, I'm just saying that your statement that melee weapons are 'designed accordingly with no amps' is like saying that the guns were 'designed accordingly with no tiers' because they existed prior to the tier system being created)

Melee amps were promised in 2007 Q&A and still are not here (even if Magyar doesn't understand that a promise that something 'will be' is a promise)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?66126-Q-amp-A-Answers-(May-07

Not a good analogy. Tiering was applied to all weapons (and as Das said, melee actually benefits more). When melee weapons were designed, they were designed knowing melee amps did not exist and the damage was specified accordingly.

And I wouldn't rely on anything said in 2007 at this point.

I don't know if there will be melee amps or not, I just don't think there should be, although there are other changes to melee needed.

this has turned into a cK tread against melee amps... saweet...

melee amps are needed and would improve the game... They have been talked about since 2006 or earlier... and confirmed in 2007 as coming... and even recently in 2011...

stop the bullshit... adapt and enjoy the improvement by MA...

since we are talking about the past do you recall melee items in 2005? 2006? 2007? there were no SIBs etc and melee amps didnt make as much sense... now they are necessary...

for whatever reason BAHQ and cK dont like eachother thats fine... but dont try to derail good progress ingame because of that... and there is ample time for you to buy a Melee weapon if you would like

Back