Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

Sand king event is less then nothing compared to calypso wide turnover. One amp crafter can cycle more then a sand king event in a day easy.

Crafters don't generate decay thou'... ;)

just wait for merry mayhem :D

Got my first dividend, I have only 2 deeds, so I got 7ped.
I gonna use these for a experiment, and I did the first today.
Work better then expected (way better :D) so now the value
is at 17.26ped. :)
I guess next run will be "a bit" lower thou'... ;)

Payout is slightly dissappointing, but indeed...if people put their cycle ped into deeds, then there will be less cycling and less decay. Let's hope it picks up at some point.

Not much one can do with 3.5 PED.

sorry, double post...

Question:
Does the "income" from the sale of the CLD count into the total gross revenue?

If not, why not?

haha this is mindark
27-30% turnup into 18 !! and thats only the begining!

Question:
Does the "income" from the sale of the CLD count into the total gross revenue?

If not, why not?

Probably not, as the money will be used for marketing :dunno:

Q. How will the proceeds of the Land Lot deeds be used by MindArk?
A. The proceeds from the Land Lot deeds will help to finance a substantial Entropia Universe marketing campaign, along with further development of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso.

Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?
A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

Q. How is the Planet Partner Gross Revenue calculated?
A. Planet Partner Gross Revenue is calculated and paid by MindArk to the Planet Partner, and includes avatar activity on Planet Calypso, along with the activity of Calypso avatars in Space and on other Entropia Universe planets. Avatar activity includes deterioration of items, as well as various other fees and avatar activities.

Posted on behalf of Jan Welter Timkrans

One of the main reasons for introducing this new system was to finance a substantial marketing campaign for the Entropia Universe. We are committed to initiating a marketing campaign as soon as possibly at much larger scale then we have ever done before.

BTW, FAQ still not updated:
FAQ said:
Q. How will Land Lot deedholders receive revenue share payments?
A. Payments will be deposited directly onto each deedholder’s Entropia Universe PED Card balance.

And should be:
A. Calypso Land Deed revenue is placed into a special PED account available via the "PED Flow Center" interface.

Probably not, as the money will be used for marketing :dunno:

My guess is the income from the sales will be like this:
1. Further development of Entropia Universe
2. Marketing campaign
3. Further development of Planet Calypso.

I really doubt marketing will be prio1. :)

does that equal $84,000 revenue per week that Calypso generates? That seems quite healthy.

Not much one can do with 3.5 PED.

You DO realize that 3.5038 PED, x 52 weeks = 182,20 PED / Year /1000ped of investment

= 18,22% RETURN

and this is a slow week compared to mayhem etc !!

just my thoughts
Naomi

does that equal $84,000 revenue per week that Calypso generates? That seems quite healthy.

Yeah, it does :) math below:

3.5PED/deed

60000 deeds

25% revenue = goes to deeds

100/25% = 4

3.5 x 60000 x 4 = 840000PED

840000PED = 84000USD

Yeah, it does :) math below:

3.5PED/deed

60000 deeds

25% revenue = goes to deeds

100/25% = 4

3.5 x 60000 x 4 = 840000PED

840000PED = 84000USD

I know not all decay is incorporated to the revenue.....but:

Lets say MA pays back 90%

So 84k usd * 0.1 = $8400 per week after loot returns

So MA as calypso planet partner, have $8400 to spend on development? :scratch2:

I know my maths is wrong here somewhere?

Rgds

Ace

Rgds

Ace

Revenue = What is left after loot has been paid out

Right? :scratch2:

Rgds

Ace

Your math is wrong a few places.

First, its $84,000 not $8,400. Big difference.

Second, thats only 25% of what the total sum of income was for the week. The full figure, including development costs, paying the bills, and paying your employees is $84,000 * 4 or $336,000.

If MA has 20 employees working on Calypso alone, and those employees make $2,000 a week (very generous), thats still only $40,000 spent that week. If they have 80 Employees thats $160,000. Again, a $2,000 per week salary is generous. That puts each employee at about $120,000 per year (estimated). That's about half of what was brought in, at any rate.

Now we pay the players, so we still have $80,000 left to develop/advertise.

But we've already paid the employees, so....

Second, thats only 25% of what the total sum of income was for the week. The full figure, including development costs, paying the bills, and paying your employees is $84,000 * 4 or $336,000.

If MA has 20 employees working on Calypso alone, and those employees make $2,000 a week (very generous), thats still only $40,000 spent that week. If they have 80 Employees thats $160,000. Again, a $2,000 per week salary is generous. That puts each employee at about $120,000 per year (estimated). That's about half of what was brought in, at any rate.

Now we pay the players, so we still have $80,000 left to develop/advertise.

But we've already paid the employees, so....

he already multiplied the 21 000 USD CLD revenue by 4 to get total planet revenue for this week of 84 000 USD

No, $21000 is 25% and $84000 is the total :wise:

It means about $350000 per month I guess

Also, he got the $8400 from taking 90% to loot from the total sum at the end

No, $21000 is 25% and $84000 is the total :wise:

It means about $350000 per month I guess

Also, he got the $8400 from taking 90% to loot from the total sum at the end

Didnt see that.

OK, well then the numbers for Week 1 December are less than promising, honestly. This is a slow month though, and I know from my own business during slow months you spend, and during high profile months you save for leaner times. If my weekly salary calculations are turned into monthly salary calculations I would not be too impressed!

OK, well then the numbers for Week 1 December are less than promising, honestly. This is a slow month though

I'd say its not too bad considering the crippling auction bugs, people stuck in space, people attenting rextelum wave spawn instead of doing their regular activities, the upcoming Christmas, etc :)

I'd say its not too bad considering the crippling auction bugs, people stuck in space, people attenting rextelum wave spawn instead of doing their regular activities, the upcoming Christmas, etc :)

Exactly. Less than promising does not equal a doom prophecy.

Really, its not so dificult.

there are 60.000 deeds.
last week was worth 3,5 ped per deed.
this makes a total of 60.000 x 3,5 = 210.000 ped in total share revenue if all was sold.
we know that the deed share is 25% of total revenue.
This means the total revenue for last week was 210.000 x4 = 840.000 ped.

So to sum up: Last weeks total revenue generated on calypso was 840.000 ped = 84.000 USD.
If the month remain in same numbers the total revenue for calypso is Rw x 4 = 336.000 USD.

If this is true for the year, its gonna be 336.000 x 12 = 4.032000 USD
And if we look at the financial reports we can clearly see that this week was far below the average.

Thats all folks:)

Exactly. Less than promising does not equal a doom prophecy.

Yep, it'll get better once that is all sorted out and the (hopefully successful) marketing campaign starts :)

I mean it would be much worse if MA simply posted the video below as a press release :D

EDIT:

So to sum up: Last weeks total revenue generated on calypso was 840.000 ped = 84.000 USD.
If the month remain in same numbers the total revenue for calypso is Rw x 4 = 336.000 USD.

If this is true for the year, its gonna be 336.000 x 12 = 4.032000 USD
And if we look at the financial reports we can clearly see that this week was far below the average.

Actually, a month is slightly longer than 4 weeks, meaning your calculation only uses 48 weeks/year :)

It would be more accurate to simply say 84'000USD x 52 weeks = 4'368'000USD/year

Yep, it'll get better once that is all sorted out and the (hopefully successful) marketing campaign starts :)

I mean it would be much worse if MA simply posted the video below as a press release :D

EDIT:

Actually, a month is slightly longer than 4 weeks, meaning your calculation only uses 48 weeks/year :)

It would be more accurate to simply say 84'000USD x 52 weeks = 4'368'000USD/year

Yes thats correct! haha :)

Didnt see that.

OK, well then the numbers for Week 1 December are less than promising, honestly. This is a slow month though, and I know from my own business during slow months you spend, and during high profile months you save for leaner times. If my weekly salary calculations are turned into monthly salary calculations I would not be too impressed!

Yeah that was my thinking, before paying employees/rent/general running costs

$8400 isnt that much really

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i forgot lol approx 18% of the shares have sold. EG 11k shares, so $3800 to avatars. So MA's revenue is more like $8000 for planet calypso. Before paying for anything

Last edited:
Yeah that was my thinking, before paying employees/rent/general running costs

$8400 isnt that much really

Rgds

Ace

You are off by a factor of 10. 3.5 x 60000 x 4 x 0.1 = 84000 USD.

Back