Throwing down the gauntlet

I think some people talking about an avarage return below 70 % makes the misstake and are are calculating the return with MU also calculated in the cost and return. Mining is more difficult, because if you mine at a place with no ores/enmatters you will not find any.

10k peds is too short cycle to prove anything - during the argo event I cycled close to 9k and my return was less than 50%, but usually it's rarely worse than 80% (as long as I mind what I do).

I mean, it's pretty easy to lose a lot even staying within you definition of "reasonable" - e.g. hunting the popular hof-chasing mobs like levis during the unpopular time (middle of the week, MA daytime). But nobody is forced to do that, right?

I just might take you up on this, with my current returns it shouldn't be a problem to get 60% TT return.
Any max hp of mob you wonna set?
untaxed only or..?

No max hp, although I would like to ask that if you're going to go after any of the bigger mobs (say over 1000 hps?) that you stick to the same mob. That should only be 2 or 3 runs hunting at that level so I don't think it's an unreasonable request :).

Taxed areas are fine, as I often hunt on taxed land myself, let's say to a max of 5% (Not sure if it even goes higher than that?)

Ill take your challenge :)

May i hunt on an LA?

I honestly have never gotten below 80% returns... and i can prove it :D

- Ill use the same gun (svempa X1+dante) + tagger
- Ill hunt on the same LA
- Ill use the same armor + paltes (nemesis +5b)
- My fap: Adjusted Fap
- Ill cycle 10k peds
- Ill track my returns... like I always do. Here is a link of an example of how I track:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIijD0fZzyhdEFpNEVPSDZmY0tKYkdXempqWUdkcEE#gid=0

This happens to be my cycling 10k peds. But i also took into effect MU on my gun. So i woulda got better % if i didnt count gun mU ;)

question: Can i still do heal jobs? or no?

I also wont use support or fapper :)

Hmm, think unmaxed sibs would be a very bad idea to allow. I have seen learning period the returns are very low. Just my 2 cents.

I def agree with mr. smilgs. I borrowed a maddox IV + beast and I cycled about 5k ped. (im just lvl 45). I had around 60% returns. I just wanted to see how it was like. I returned the gun and amp to the young lady who let me use it.

Ill stick to Maxed SIB till im lvl 100 :D

I know maddox is not "SIB" but i feel like its the same concept of using an unmaxed gun.

Last edited:
*running off to sweat warlocks in supremacy*

Subscribing :) I know this would be very hard for me at least to do less than 70%.

I will run the gauntlet!

That being said, I am not signing up for this to get 1k ped. I know for a fact I will not get to 10k ped cycled before others do as I have had ongoing illnesses for over a year and my depos have declined to 10-20 bucks a month or less.

I am signing up for this because it is a win-win-win scenario. There are three possible outcomes. First: I miraculously finish my log before others and show you less than 70% returns. Hey, I got the 1k ped. Second: I show you the low returns, but don't finish first. At least you go multiple data sources. Third: I get better than 70% results. Sweet, I did better than usual.

Now, I am not the type to come on the forums and cry about poor loot. I always figure it's just normal, and I enjoy the game anyhow. But, looking at my loot in the past, I definitely believe that there are many people who get poor loot returns. I don't believe poor loot returns are worth whining about if you enjoy the game, so I personally don't waste my time crying over it. If my returns are poor in my log for this, as they generally are, you won't see me getting upset about it. I would have never though to "advertise" my returns here except that I always find it funny when people don't believe these returns are possible.

I will keep a detailed log thread here on PCF that will include the following photos:

1- Repair terminal at the beginning of every hunt with my armor, amp, weapon and fap
2- Repair terminal at the end of every hunt with the same items
3- Trade terminal at the beginning of hunt with ammo purchased
4- TT terminal at the end of every hunt with all loot
5- Any globals received (just as extra data for you to compare to tracker)

As I said, my ped card is far smaller than it has been at times in the past, so this log may take many months to complete, but I still feel it will be a worthwhile and enjoyable endeavor. So you may get other data faster, but you'll eventually get mine as well.

I will also keep a google docs spreadsheet which I will PM you the link to as soon as I do my first hunt (today or tomorrow). And, as requested, I will provide a summary in this thread once I reach 10k cycled....or did you want summary posts more frequently?

Also, I will be using maxed SIB weapons (typically LR32, LR41, H400, HL6) and small finishers when required. If nothing else you can expect some very honest data from me as I have no chance of finishing 10k ped cycled before the others who will sign up for this!

Crafting counts?

• no re-mining the same area within 48 hours
• no more than 100 drops on any server per day
• no high-stakes areas (e.g. FOMA)

eh?
lol?
FOMA is not part of the game or what?

And I would sincerely debate your definition of "reasonable" ped spent. We're talking one thousand dollars. I don't know and I don't want to know your irl financial establishment but are you serious that somebody should spent 500$ or upwards in a game to prove you *anything*?

P.S.: one of my friends has a recorded tt expense on mining of 100k with 70% average return. Just saying as a friendly warning to prepare your wallet when this thread becomes popular.

P.S.2: Dangerously close

Last edited:
It's not at all unreasonable for many to get lousy returns..even less then the OP stated.

There simply is not enough peds for all the big ass hofs, MA's share, CLD's, and other taxes to go around.

The OP does not have a grasp on the economic reality in game.

Last edited:
Nice idea, could get some interesting data out of it.

I've been logging my runs from lvl69 to lvl70. So far 33 ~1kPED runs, of which 3 came in below 70% tt return. I think 10k PED is maybe a bit short if someone was doing something like Dasps, but from me you're safe :D

I'll Do it

This is an open challenge to the Entropia Universe community.

Many very vocal members of the community have claimed that they consistently get 30-60% average returns. I believe they are lying.

EDIT: Ok perhaps lying is a strong word, I don't believe in going back on my words though so I'll leave it there. Perhaps a better expression would be "vastly mistaken in their perception of reality".

We all have bad loot periods, sometimes very bad, and I certainly do not begrudge anyone the right to be dissapointed by their returns and even to to moan and complain about them within reason. However it irks me when people make what I believe to be blatantly false assertions without offering any supporting data. It irks me even more that when people challenge these assertions they are labelled "fanbois" and "brown-nosers".

I have no particular love for MA, but I believe in cold hard data; and my own data and observations lead me to believe that these people cannot be telling the truth.

So, this is how it's going to work:

I will give 1000 ped to the first person to prove to me that they have gotten less than 70% average returns over an appropriate period of time/ ped cycled whilst behaving reasonably within the Entropia Universe.

The terms of the challenge are as follows:

• The claimant must register their acceptance of this challenge in this thread.
  • The claimant must demonstrate < 70% average TT return over at least 10k ped cycled.
  • This is the average return rate that is being measured, so the aggregated return percentage over all runs, not whether or not you have less than 70% or your original ped stack remaining (unless of course you take 10k ped and cycle it once :))
  • Purely TT in vs TT out - if you're overpaying markup on weapons or materials that's your own deal.
  • The claimaint must offer proof in the form of screenshots, logs etc to a degree which satisfies me that they have not been fabricated *. Ideally I'd like to see a spreadsheet or log of results, plus a screenshot from the beginning and end of each run showing date, time, ammo purchased, TT window with loot etc.
  • The claimant should post a summary thier results and proof in this thread. If they wish to maintain a more detailed log in another thread that is fine with me.
  • The activities must be reasonable*, i.e. no mining FOMA with high level amps, no using sib weapons or BPs that you do not have the skills for, no overamping weapons/shooting in the air, no crafting high TT BPs on condition etc. The activities should be of the sort that are generally considered reasonable by the community for someone with a ped buffer of 2-3k ped.
  • UL non-sib hunting is acceptable, but the return rate must then be < 60% (65% is my personal worst with UL non-sib).
  • I'd prefer it if you stick to one activity i.e. hunting, mining or crafting and behave reasonably*.

I am aware that not everyone can cycle 10k ped, so I will be willing to modify the conditions if there are no takers for the current challenge. The terms would have to be agreed between myself the claimant and the award offered may be modified in this case. In the event that a claimant wishes to modify the terms I reserve the right set some conditions in terms of the nature of the activity e.g. choosing the mob / weapon etc.

* Should a dispute arise between myself and the claimant as to what constitutes "reasonable proof" or "reasonable activity", I will create a poll on PCF and let the community decide whether or not the claimant deserves the money.

If you do not have proof of your returns, please do not clutter the thread with your tales of woe.

Hey maybe this is what i need to prove myself wrong. So if you want im up for the challenge. I'll even let you pick everything to do mob, wep, location - can even be in a team with you if you want.

I dont have 1K ped on card - actually have less than 30 as i am doing puny mob missing and after 450 kills im down 8+ ped onthe 30 i started with.

I have stuff you can hold as collerateral (spelling?) if you can front the ped for the items - most can be at TT but my biggest item is ghost set / 5b plates.

my account here is new because I am an idiot and can't remember my passwords but I have been a EU player for 4+ years (not much playing last 2+ years due to -- umm well crappy loot lol

I am lvl 36 pistol, all natural so other skills should be in range for that level, mostly hunter only lvl 12 miner - level (80 whinner :)

If i come in under the TT amount you set i gets me stuff and your pedzzzz. If i come in over the TT amount i guess i have to figure out how to get my stuff back from you because I will never deposit until i see proof I have at least a chance in hell of decent returns.
So let me know what you think and im in. Might need help in structuering the log if you wnat it on the forum here.

i await your PM and maybe my last adventure in EU.

Last edited:
Hey maybe this is what i need to prove myself wrong. So if you want im up for the challenge. I'll even let you pick everything to do mob, wep, location - can even be in a team with you if you want.

I dont have 1K ped on card - actually have less than 30 as i am doing puny mob missing and after 450 kills im down 8+ ped onthe 30 i started with.

I have stuff you can hold as collerateral (spelling?) if you can front the ped for the items - most can be at TT but my biggest item is ghost set / 5b plates.

my account here is new because I am an idiot and can't remember my passwords but I have been a EU player for 4+ years (not much playing last 2+ years due to -- umm well crappy loot lol

I am lvl 36 pistol, all natural so other skills should be in range for that level, mostly hunter only lvl 12 miner - level (80 whinner :)

If i come in under the TT amount you set i gets me stuff and your pedzzzz. If i come in over the TT amount i guess i have to figure out how to get my stuff back from you because I will never deposit until i see proof I have at least a chance in hell of decent returns.
So let me know what you think and im in. Might need help in structuering the log if you wnat it on the forum here.

Sounds legit! :yup:

:laugh:

Many very vocal members of the community have claimed that they consistently get 30-60% average returns. I believe they are lying.

EDIT: Ok perhaps lying is a strong word, I don't believe in going back on my words though so I'll leave it there. Perhaps a better expression would be "vastly mistaken in their perception of reality".

We all have bad loot periods, sometimes very bad, and I certainly do not begrudge anyone the right to be dissapointed by their returns and even to to moan and complain about them within reason. However it irks me when people make what I believe to be blatantly false assertions without offering any supporting data. It irks me even more that when people challenge these assertions they are labelled "fanbois" and "brown-nosers".

I have no particular love for MA, but I believe in cold hard data; and my own data and observations lead me to believe that these people cannot be telling the truth.

I will give 1000 ped to the first person to prove to me that they have gotten less than 70% average returns over an appropriate period of time/ ped cycled whilst behaving reasonably within the Entropia Universe.

• The claimant must demonstrate < 70% average TT return over at least 10k ped cycled.
  • This is the average return rate that is being measured, so the aggregated return percentage over all runs, not whether or not you have less than 70% or your original ped stack remaining (unless of course you take 10k ped and cycle it once :))
  • Purely TT in vs TT out - if you're overpaying markup on weapons or materials that's your own deal.
  • The claimaint must offer proof in the form of screenshots, logs etc to a degree which satisfies me that they have not been fabricated *. Ideally I'd like to see a spreadsheet or log of results, plus a screenshot from the beginning and end of each run showing date, time, ammo purchased, TT window with loot etc.
  • The claimant should post a summary thier results and proof in this thread. If they wish to maintain a more detailed log in another thread that is fine with me.
  • The activities must be reasonable*, i.e. no mining FOMA with high level amps, no using sib weapons or BPs that you do not have the skills for, no overamping weapons/shooting in the air, no crafting high TT BPs on condition etc. The activities should be of the sort that are generally considered reasonable by the community for someone with a ped buffer of 2-3k ped.
  • UL non-sib hunting is acceptable, but the return rate must then be < 60% (65% is my personal worst with UL non-sib).
  • I'd prefer it if you stick to one activity i.e. hunting, mining or crafting and behave reasonably*.

I am aware that not everyone can cycle 10k ped, so I will be willing to modify the conditions if there are no takers for the current challenge. The terms would have to be agreed between myself the claimant and the award offered may be modified in this case. In the event that a claimant wishes to modify the terms I reserve the right set some conditions in terms of the nature of the activity e.g. choosing the mob / weapon etc.

* Should a dispute arise between myself and the claimant as to what constitutes "reasonable proof" or "reasonable activity", I will create a poll on PCF and let the community decide whether or not the claimant deserves the money.

If you do not have proof of your returns, please do not clutter the thread with your tales of woe.

I'll take you up on that challenge, i'm below that a lot. Problem migth be MindArk messing with things as has been suggested in the past (the famous Leeloo incident to name one), but win/win i guess?

Ok dunno whose gauntlet you are throwing down .... but... You are willing to Pay 1k ped for someones 3k ped loss just to prove you wrong or right?

Explanation for some people that dont get it:

10k ped cycled ... <70% = 7k ped or less to prove him wrong ... to be generous lets say exactly 7kped. Ok now that is a loss of 3k ped. Great he proved you wrong ...you give him 1k ped... he still loses 2k ped.

OK seems fair.:scratch2:

If you want to prove yourselves right so much and are so confident that people can never get below 70% why dont you wager the whole 10k ped??

Ok dunno whose gauntlet you are throwing down .... but... You are willing to Pay 1k ped for someones 3k ped loss just to prove you wrong or right?

10k ped cycled ... <70% = 7k ped or less to prove him wrong ... to be generous lets say exactly 7kped. Ok now that is a loss of 3k ped. Great he proved you wrong ...you give him 1k ped... he still loses 2k ped.

If you want to prove yourselves right so much and are so confident that people can never get below 70% why dont you wager the whole 10k ped??

I figure im gonna lose it anyway so if i take my last 1k ped and cycle it normally ill prolly lose more than 50% if by some miricale i get 65% i get 1k from him thats savings lol well in EU kinda of way

But i do agree with you - if he really beleives he should put up more than what the player loses - of course then it cant be an open invite to all players.

Hell i might even deposit if he agrees to that lol

Edit: - ahh i see OP said 1st player to prove to him wrong- well thats not really proving anything imo thats 1 person and i think more people than not get less than 70% so maybe take a few at dif level / mobs or sumtin

Last edited:
I've said this in another thread somewhere else but I'll say it again here.. average returns are 90%. Typically you would want to shoot at 4 damage per pec (but nothing does that), closest weapon to that is the aimk2 which is around 3.2 damage per pec. Try to stay at least around 3.0 dpp to maxamize your economy, do not TT loots and most importantly try to heal as LESS as possible. You'll find that you keep the same amount on your PED card and possibly, if done correctly.... profit..

Bottom line, the less resources that you use (PEDs) to kill a mob, craft an item and mine ores you will do better than the person that is playing un-economically. Most people loose because they think that this does not matter, but it in fact does.. It's like real life, use as few rounds possible in order to kill a doe so you save money. Who profits more; the man who shot and killed his doe with one shot or the one with two for the same amount of meat? :)

~Danimal

I will drop another gauntlet!!
I will pay 1k peds to anyone that can stop danimal from posting ever again, [mod: deleted] or steal his keyboard!!

Whatever works! just stop him posting ....Permanent! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Too bad you made this thread today, but craftin f-101 bp 100qr on quantity, will end up you with about tt 60% return (at its best), i could have provided you the proof, but not willing to spend another 4k on crafting them (10k ped run).

i just wish you had this offer last year! :(

I will pay 1k peds to anyone that can stop danimal from posting ever again, [mod: deleted] or steal his keyboard!!
Now if someone offer a price for EMW's head it will create a 3-step mission chain :yay:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, if you're hunting anyway and convinced you'll come in under 70%, you end up 1k PED better off from taking this challenge than not.

I will pay 1k peds to anyone that can stop danimal from posting ever again

Hmmm... interesting :D

And as for the bit I deleted, it was clearly meant in jest, but please refrain from that type of comment. It's a very quick way to get banned.

I'm not sure what I did wrong ... but I apologize for it..

~Danimal

Ill take your challenge :)

May i hunt on an LA?

I honestly have never gotten below 80% returns... and i can prove it :D

- Ill use the same gun (svempa X1+dante) + tagger
- Ill hunt on the same LA
- Ill use the same armor + paltes (nemesis +5b)
- My fap: Adjusted Fap
- Ill cycle 10k peds
- Ill track my returns... like I always do. Here is a link of an example of how I track:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIijD0fZzyhdEFpNEVPSDZmY0tKYkdXempqWUdkcEE#gid=0

This happens to be my cycling 10k peds. But i also took into effect MU on my gun. So i woulda got better % if i didnt count gun mU ;)

question: Can i still do heal jobs? or no?

Sure, go ahead :). Remember though, the point of this is to show me BAD returns, not good ones.

I will run the gauntlet!

That being said, I am not signing up for this to get 1k ped. I know for a fact I will not get to 10k ped cycled before others do as I have had ongoing illnesses for over a year and my depos have declined to 10-20 bucks a month or less.

I am signing up for this because it is a win-win-win scenario. There are three possible outcomes. First: I miraculously finish my log before others and show you less than 70% returns. Hey, I got the 1k ped. Second: I show you the low returns, but don't finish first. At least you go multiple data sources. Third: I get better than 70% results. Sweet, I did better than usual.

Now, I am not the type to come on the forums and cry about poor loot. I always figure it's just normal, and I enjoy the game anyhow. But, looking at my loot in the past, I definitely believe that there are many people who get poor loot returns. I don't believe poor loot returns are worth whining about if you enjoy the game, so I personally don't waste my time crying over it. If my returns are poor in my log for this, as they generally are, you won't see me getting upset about it. I would have never though to "advertise" my returns here except that I always find it funny when people don't believe these returns are possible.

I will keep a detailed log thread here on PCF that will include the following photos:

1- Repair terminal at the beginning of every hunt with my armor, amp, weapon and fap
2- Repair terminal at the end of every hunt with the same items
3- Trade terminal at the beginning of hunt with ammo purchased
4- TT terminal at the end of every hunt with all loot
5- Any globals received (just as extra data for you to compare to tracker)

As I said, my ped card is far smaller than it has been at times in the past, so this log may take many months to complete, but I still feel it will be a worthwhile and enjoyable endeavor. So you may get other data faster, but you'll eventually get mine as well.

I will also keep a google docs spreadsheet which I will PM you the link to as soon as I do my first hunt (today or tomorrow). And, as requested, I will provide a summary in this thread once I reach 10k cycled....or did you want summary posts more frequently?

Also, I will be using maxed SIB weapons (typically LR32, LR41, H400, HL6) and small finishers when required. If nothing else you can expect some very honest data from me as I have no chance of finishing 10k ped cycled before the others who will sign up for this!

Thanks and good luck! No, it's fine if you post a summary when you're finished, but perhaps you could put a post in here occaisionally just to let us know how you're doing

Crafting counts?

eh?
lol?
FOMA is not part of the game or what?

And I would sincerely debate your definition of "reasonable" ped spent. We're talking one thousand dollars. I don't know and I don't want to know your irl financial establishment but are you serious that somebody should spent 500$ or upwards in a game to prove you *anything*?

P.S.: one of my friends has a recorded tt expense on mining of 100k with 70% average return. Just saying as a friendly warning to prepare your wallet when this thread becomes popular.

P.S.2: Dangerously close

I would allow FOMA mining unamped. Amped is also ok, but then the person will need to cycle more than 10k ped. Crafting also can count, but it would depend greatly on what and how. I would not consider crafting amps on condition with a 10k cycle to be reasonable. Personally I think the person to claim this will be a crafter, I have always gotten the worst returns in that proffession (still higher than 70% though).

Nobody has to spend any money to prove anything to me, they are being invited to, if they want. Many people on PCF have claimed to have these great losses doing "normal" things in EU, so all I'm asking is that they continue doing what they usually do, just keep a log of it and share it with us.

I chose the 10k cycle because I think that covers most mid-level activities in the game. If someone agreed to do only low-level activities, then the cycle could be lower, but that would not be fair to the others trying at a higher level. At the higher levels the 10k cycle probably isn't enough, but for most of the guys hunting at that level 1k ped isn't much of an incentive for anything. And like I said, if someone has to resort to hunting Dasps just to get the 1k, then they have kind of proved my point.

My wallet is prepared :), I fully expect someone to claim the money, there are outliers in statistical distrubution, but claims have been made that these sorts of returns are common, which I disagree with.

Currently I do not even get enough time in-game to do all the things I'd like to, so I'm afraid teaming is not an option at the moment. If noone follows up seriously on the challenge in the next few weeks I'll look at redesigning the terms in a way that may better suit your budget. For now I'll wait and see though.

As said above, people say they get these returns doing their normal activities in game, so I'm simply asking them to keep a log of what they would normally do. I'm not going to front the cash for someone else's gameplay, the 1k is an incentive to encourage them to keep logs and post them here.

Too bad you made this thread today, but craftin f-101 bp 100qr on quantity, will end up you with about tt 60% return (at its best), i could have provided you the proof, but not willing to spend another 4k on crafting them (10k ped run).

Amp crafting is indeed a very hit-or-miss activity, I think it probably quite possible to get less than 70% on quantity over 10k cycled, I still don't think it would be a common occurrence though. Tbh I'm more interested in seeing the results of mid-level hunters, doing things similar to what I do in-game, but for the purposes of the challenge I'm willing to consider all professions.

E

I'll throw in 200 peds to help sweeten the offer:)

Last edited:
If you do one run with 200 peds and get 0 return your return rate is 0%
If you do a gazillion runs and get back 99.99% each time, and end up with 0 peds in the end your return rate is 99.99%

By your maths everyone has 0% return in the long run :)

Well... yes. :wise:

It's kind of like The Matrix.

Free your mind.
There is no return.

Just one question... perhaps it was already answered but I missed it... how are you going to verify that people don't simply lie about how much loot they got?

Just one question... perhaps it was already answered but I missed it... how are you going to verify that people don't simply lie about how much loot they got?

good point. Hopefully each person taking part will record video of every minute of the hunt and post em on youtube?

Back