Help: Looking for Mercenaries! (Free Skills & Travel Provided)

ENGLISH LANGUAGE : "no one desserve" ... i hope i used this word in the correct way, i always mix it as in French it means something else ... but i think that even if i made an error you all understood what i meant

+rep to Zal :)

He has been my friend since he moved to Rocktropia and has helped me with lots of things along the way as well as being my partner in a few items.

Without him this event would not have the fun or drama to it, and he is right in that the real tragedy is that one of our support teams will not receive any benefits after the event for their sacrifices.

I hope that all of my support can show him the same respect that he has shown me, and even though we WILL win, I really do hope that Neverdie recognizes the depth (physical, mental, and economical stress) of this event and rewards him as well as the other top competitors for their dedication.

narfi

+rep to Zal :)

He has been my friend since he moved to Rocktropia and has helped me with lots of things along the way as well as being my partner in a few items.

Without him this event would not have the fun or drama to it, and he is right in that the real tragedy is that one of our support teams will not receive any benefits after the event for their sacrifices.

I hope that all of my support can show him the same respect that he has shown me, and even though we WILL win, I really do hope that Neverdie recognizes the depth (physical, mental, and economical stress) of this event and rewards him as well as the other top competitors for their dedication.

narfi

Yes, + rep to you both for being good sports :)

For both your sakes I do hope that there is a 2nd prize. I can't speak for all of your support team, but the times I have pitched in I wouldn't ask for anything. It was a joy to help out and get the free skills. And I will come out and help again even if its using an opalo. :)

Besides, we already know your gonna win. I put it on the video!! lol

Besides, we already know your gonna win. I put it on the video!! lol

Yep :D

New setup starting at the 20:00 hunt.
We will be using tt Shotguns from Hunt the Thing TT, it seems to be the cheapest most eco solution (opalos really are not an eco gun) and has the added benefit of being simple and uniform as well which should make handing out and turning in an easier task.

Will you be at the 0400 hunt tonight softhart?
If you are, we were talking about how fun it would be to use the infection whips to kill some things with, but I think something like that should be caught on film :D

gl everyone and thanks for the help,

narfi

Yep :D

We will be using tt Shotguns from Hunt the Thing TT, it seems to be the cheapest most eco solution (opalos really are not an eco gun) and has the added benefit of being simple and uniform as well which should make handing out and turning in an easier task.

Will you be at the 0400 hunt tonight softhart?
If you are, we were talking about how fun it would be to use the infection whips to kill some things with, but I think something like that should be caught on film :D

gl everyone and thanks for the help,

narfi

I can try and make it but if I did it wouldn't be for long, probably an hour and half at the most. Late on my side and gotta get up in the morning :)

But yeah using the whips would make a cool video! :D

narfi

Looking forward to try this out. I guess now you will easily do most damage, not sure if the thing will kill you after each shot you take.... hmmm, anyway will be fun to see how this goes.

I will be there.

best of luck, Paul

PS I am wondering... also those level 50 and up didnt loot good. Are you certain an L31 can't hof big?

Zal, I didn't mean any offense to you, and I appreciate the thoughts and good sportsmanship you shared in your post. I don't know what your teamwork has been like personally, but I know from what has been said that both you and Narfi could be proud to win based on the efforts you have made.

From the perspective of someone that's an outsider, though, Narfi's project has involved more people, and one could argue been more engaging for the community. Noobs to ubers show up every night and are included in the effort, and it's been a lot of fun that i'm sure many will always remember fondly. That's what motivated my previous post, not thoughts that he's more deserving, just that there are a lot of people who would share, emotionally, in his victory.

I hope Neverdie finds a way to reward you both, and wish you luck.

Now, since I already have my chat parser set up for the hit rate thread, I decided to extract some fun statistics from my time in the THING hunt:

Out of a total of 13100 attacks, 11261 were hits (179 or 0.015896 crits) and 1839 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.859618
Narfi attacks: 1266 and ESL: 833. You: 701 deaths. Cat: 16

I've done 578,446.2 damage to THINGS (that's 47 level 74 THINGS), at an estimated cost of 1967 PEDs, as a part of Team Narfi, and died 701 deaths to the THING (and a few others to backstabbing "teammates"). The biggest crit taken was 625.7 dmg.

Meanwhile, Narfi has called out "Attack" in chat 1266 times (typically because he's back from revive, but also when we move on to a new THING), and said oOooOoOOooOOOooOooo..., to indicate we should stop shooting, 833 times. I would have parsed out the globals during the time, as well, but I imagine tracker has them and, frankly, it's too depressing.

Last but not least, "cat" has been mentioned 16 times in chat. We all know who that was by...

Last edited:
Doer : thanks, i appreciated your message.

In my support team, critic record is 706 if i will remember, their is like a turnament between members for the one who get the highest critic lol

I will ask them and update this post with correct value, cant rememeber if it is 706 or 720.

Currently slow boating it to Calypso to sell some stacks,
Return flight will be around 0700 ma time give or take an hour or two. (not sure when ill be ready)

Schedule for tomorow is normal lunch hunt at 20:00 ma time. (1pm pacific)
Directly after the hunt we will be flying the privateer to Cyrene for some business there.
Return flight to Rocktropia should also be around 0700 or 0800ish.

Because of this we will not be around for the 0400 hunt tonight or tomorrow night.

Friday should pick up our normal routine again with both the 20:00 and 0400 hunts.

narfi

ps. I emailed Doer my chat logs, so will be interesting to see if he is able to get some interesting numbers out of them for us to see :)

Interested in joining the team :)

Leon Leon Argent in game. I'll try and get a hold of you to make sure I qualify. Fairly new, but laser dmg 6, laser pistoleer 4.8, laser sniper 3.8.

will add ya to fl when im back from poland

ps. I emailed Doer my chat logs, so will be interesting to see if he is able to get some interesting numbers out of them for us to see :)

There were 249971 attack event lines within 877110 lines parsed.
Out of a total of 213360 attacks, 191868 were hits (3797 or 0.019790 crits) and 21492 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.899269
Narfi attacks: 6377 and deaths: 0. You: 12165 deaths. Cat: 59
You died by the following types of things:
ravenous (1325), nasty (1298), frenzied (716), hysterical (711), fierce (705), angry (701), psychotic (697), manic (691), mad (683), frantic (675), ferocious (665), furious (663), feral (658), vicious (657), howling (648), infuriated (637), abominable (5), insane (5), nervous (4), loathsome (3), shabby (3), exasperated (2), enraged (2), avaricious (2), revolting (2), smelly (1), savage (1), mean (1), vile (1), disturbed (1), agitated (1), greedy (1)

You've done 14,522,542 damage (enough to kill 1186 level 74 THINGs) for an average damage/hit of 75.7, taken repeated maximum hits of 359 (obviously max damage for an L133, entropedia now corrected from 360), and taken a maximum crit of 719.9 damage. You've died a staggering 12,165 times to the THING (pun intended), with the THINGs ranging from avaricious to vile, but mostly being ravenous and nasty. You've called out "attack" 6377 times. Of course, I couldn't parse your ESL from your own log because it doesn't come out as ESL to you. :)

Your hit rate and crit rate are in perfect agreement with the expected values (very useful to see):
hit rate = .8 + 0.01*HA = 0.9 expected vs 0.899 measured
crit rate = CHA * 0.002 = 0.02 vs. 0.0198 measured

Clearly the weapons you've used are consistent with the majority of weapons in game, and we've not yet found one that doesn't follow these formulae.

Cats have been mentioned 59 times. Demanding beasts (put diplomatically).

Last edited:

Cats have been mentioned 59 times. Demanding beasts (put diplomatically).

I tells ya the cat is insatiable and she constantly demands attention and feeding!

:cool:

It looks like I will be late tonight.......

Still at work and looks like I might be here another hour or two :/

If any of you regulars read this, please let people know. I still plan on hunting tonight, but just not sure when I can get home and online.

Thanks,

narfi

Congrats to Zal for a Strong month, he is now in the lead.

To win the event I will need 2x HOFs 2011ped or higher in the month of July.

July started 5 minutes ago, so things are about to get FUN :)

Normal schedule tonight, meet at 0400 at expert 8 tp.

We will hunt until 0800ma time and then anyone who wants can warp to Calypso with me.

Return Flight to Rocktropia will be tomorrow at 0400MA time just before the hunt.

good luck everyone and have fun :)

narfi

3D THING Killing Crew

Red/Blue Anaglyph Glasses time:

Unfortunately, I can only upload jpgs here on PCF. If you want to see these pix in better quality, then head on over to ND forum.

Great pictures Skeezer :) thanks

Amazing video Softhart, really well done.

Warp will leave from calypso to Rocktropia at 0400. (meet at Cape Corinth at 15 till)

The hunt will start as soon as we get there.

narfi

Great pictures Skeezer :) thanks

Amazing video Softhart, really well done.

Warp will leave from calypso to Rocktropia at 0400. (meet at Cape Corinth at 15 till)

The hunt will start as soon as we get there.

narfi

That was a great video! Very nicely done Softy; I am impressed!

Thanks! I had fun making it. There were parts where the sound was too low that I wished I could fix, but overall happy with the way it turned out. And thanks to my hubby for making some very good suggestions :)

I'll be on calypso for a week or so having fun on the migration, I'll probably help you again before the contest is over.

Meanwhile have fun and get those hofs you need :D

Best team hunt ever ! :wtg:

PS: Nice vid softy. I see myself a lot w00t

Warp from Calypso to Rocktropia leaving in 1.5hrs. (0400 MA time, 9:00PM pacific)

2 weeks to go, we're looking for some big HOFs in the coming days :)

narfi

We couldn't do what we do every night without the guys out scouting and dragging for us, and keeping us supplied with the high lvl Things.

Here is a video showing part of what they do.

Last edited:
Yes, it's been a great time out there scouting/hunting the THING with you and will be there until the end. We WILL GET A ATH!!!

Hunting at the normal time tonight at 0400 ma time. (2:15hrs from now)

spread the word and see you there.

narfi

Sorry but I've got no response from pny as to when I'll get my video card back - they received it monday but no response yet as to when they will ship it out. Hopefully I'll will be back before the event will end.

Back