reimplement interplanetary tps and auction petition.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
I, (the undersigned - your avatar name in game) would like to request that interplanetary auctions and tps be brought back in game. This was a system that existed previously when Rocktropia was first introduced, but was removed after some of the other planets were put in to place. Part of the storyline of Entropia Universe involves obtaining alien (and/or robot) technology and using that to suppliment existing technology for the colonists of Entropia Universe. Removal of these features in game has made the storyline go backwards in time since the technology that previously existed (interplanetary auctions and tps) no longer exist at the present time.

Signatures

----------------
Maria mastermesh mesh
Aliana Hermes
Storm Spawn
Daniel Danimal Diep
Mini MiniM Mine
Arrun de Warsash
Dr.D.C.

Shard-Angel =for the auctions, but not the planetary tps, just tps between asteroids and planets in the same orbital area

jetsina = for longer pathways through space that bypass pvp

Patrizia Pandemic :
My compromise would be no inter-planetary TPs, but universal auction with no transfer fee. That would vastly improve the Entropia Universe.

(takes us up to post 53. If your name is on the list above but not suppossed to be there since you posted a reply but didn't mean to sign, pm me and I'll remove your name from this post)

Last edited:
I agree. The transportation fees were never really popular, but it would be nice to have the tps again. My primary reason is that I travel very little only because I don't like PVP. When it was just Calypso, that was fine. If you didn't like PVP you just didn't go there. In six years I have never once bought a toxic shot. Now with space being PVP, it's no longer optional unless you are willing to never travel to any of the new planets. That just flat out sucks.

Hugs,
Aliana

I agree. The transportation fees were never really popular, but it would be nice to have the tps again. My primary reason is that I travel very little only because I don't like PVP. When it was just Calypso, that was fine. If you didn't like PVP you just didn't go there. In six years I have never once bought a toxic shot. Now with space being PVP, it's no longer optional unless you are willing to never travel to any of the new planets. That just flat out sucks.

Hugs,
Aliana

and now you can get anywhere you want for 5 ped with an ms which is 99.99% safe

Hugs,
Aliana

If you don't like PVP, but are willing to pay a transport fee for a teleporter, why don't you just use a MS with warp speed? I am completely against TP's between planets. It would devalue all space aircrafts such as privateers (they got screwed enough with the hangars already) and Motherships. PVP in space would be useless and empty since no one carrying loot would fly, instead they would tp. These are things that are already available if people WANT to travel more safely, but it seems people would rather have an easy solution instead that would ruin the game for many.

I, Randy Hypnotyk Bafia, DO NOT sign this petition and therefore am against it.

#1 Its not that hard to say they lost technology because of "insert any reason here"

#2 Do you honestly think they would put a teleporter back after auctioning off motherships

Pointless thread

signs at the dotted line.

No thanks...

I like the travles, spaceships and shit.

Ms travles are perfectly safe

#1 Its not that hard to say they lost technology because of "insert any reason here"

Yep, I wrote a reason for fun just after it happened as well, recently stumbled across it again (had forgotten it) in fact :)

Colonisation Cost Causes Collapse in Communications?

The extreme costs of rebuilding Calypso after the War Titan crashing into it years ago, coupled with the costs of the colonisation of the new worlds RockTropia, Next Island and Arkadia, has resulted in a massive lack of resources in the Imperial Government. Transports and development of new technology has had to cope with major budget cutbacks and one of the costliest projects in this venture has been establishing an interplanetary teleportation grid, or IPTG.

With the cancelling of an order for a big number of war spaceships to the Calypso Provisional Government, due to lack of funds, the budget has reached a new low. While Carramone (former officer of the CDF) is being tried for breach of contract, these spaceships will be auctioned off to private buyers to cover the deficit.

While the ships will be limited in firepower (restrictions applied to any civilian vessel, in accordance to galactic law) they will be looked upon to provide protection to their home planets and offer transportation for other colonists as the Imperial Government is shutting down the IPTG program.

The ships will be sold off as they arrive at the colonies and the IPTG will be shut down when the first ship is put up for sale. Admiral Newton had this to say:

"While I am aware that the shutting down of the IPTG will cause problems for many, we believe that the resources spent on keeping it up and the resources poured into compensation for the hangar and ship owners that has been forced to retire due to the program will be better used for other projects."

The admiral also promised to make sure that the process of going back to ships for interplanetary travel will be as smooth as possible.

If you don't like PVP, but are willing to pay a transport fee for a teleporter, why don't you just use a MS with warp speed? I am completely against TP's between planets. It would devalue all space aircrafts such as privateers (they got screwed enough with the hangars already) and Motherships. PVP in space would be useless and empty since no one carrying loot would fly, instead they would tp. These are things that are already available if people WANT to travel more safely, but it seems people would rather have an easy solution instead that would ruin the game for many.

I, Randy Hypnotyk Bafia, DO NOT sign this petition and therefore am against it.

As far as I'm concerned, all of space being PVP does ruin the game. I used pilots in the old system. Kitty and I have even paid the extra price to get the whole ship rather than wait around for two other passengers. I was never against paying to go to other locations, and still would be willing to if it were 100% safe and could be done whenever I chose to and not according to some schedule. I am against being forced to deal with PVP or miss out on everything that EU has to offer other than Calypso. Motherships are not 100% safe. I'm not paying additional fees for 99.9%. If I'm going to pay more then it should be 100% or I couldn't be bothered. It's not wanting the easy solution. It's wanting what MA mislead us into believing we were getting so that we would anticipate it with excitement then sticking it to us when space finally arrive with the whole PVP garbae.

I don't mean to sound crass about it, but I honestly don't give a damn about how hangars got screwed. That's the mess MA created. They need to find a way to fix it. I don't have to put up with PVP on planet if I don't want to and I shouldn't have to put up with it in space just to get around!

PVP is already useless to me anyway so I wouldn't care if space were empty. And who would a better 100% safe system ruin it for? The theives?

Hugs,
Aliana

We dont need MA to undercut 1 more person who has depoed into EU. You get them running a tp selling that service direct and thats bad. IMO they need to introduce about 5 more small ships, with diff stats, one of those should be able to out run quads np but have little to no armor or offense and another needs to be a 3 or 4 seater.

They should move all auctions to one spot on every planet and make the area around it, pvp lootable. You need your second AV to spend all day doing nothing but reselling, I hope you get shot, your not adding to EU. An auction where you can buy anywhere in the universe, bam!...right smack in the middle of pvp space. Auctioneers and TP's (pretty much all terms)on private property should ALL be L repairable and craftable with really really low decay. And not on your list but if they would kindly remove the TT completely and drop all that crap in loot, ammo, probes, what ever, Im pretty sure things would get better.

Make a poll. So that those who disagree can vote no.

No -- for the record.

As far as I'm concerned, all of space being PVP does ruin the game. I used pilots in the old system. Kitty and I have even paid the extra price to get the whole ship rather than wait around for two other passengers. I was never against paying to go to other locations, and still would be willing to if it were 100% safe and could be done whenever I chose to and not according to some schedule. I am against being forced to deal with PVP or miss out on everything that EU has to offer other than Calypso. Motherships are not 100% safe. I'm not paying additional fees for 99.9%. If I'm going to pay more then it should be 100% or I couldn't be bothered. It's not wanting the easy solution. It's wanting what MA mislead us into believing we were getting so that we would anticipate it with excitement then sticking it to us when space finally arrive with the whole PVP garbae.

I don't mean to sound crass about it, but I honestly don't give a damn about how hangars got screwed. That's the mess MA created. They need to find a way to fix it. I don't have to put up with PVP on planet if I don't want to and I shouldn't have to put up with it in space just to get around!

PVP is already useless to me anyway so I wouldn't care if space were empty. And who would a better 100% safe system ruin it for? The theives?

Hugs,
Aliana

It really irks me that people who call space pirates "thieves". Thieves break the law and STEAL from people. Everyone going in to pvp4 knows the circumstances, risks, and consequences of entering the area. No one can force you to enter a pvp area, you do so willingly. There are warnings prior to entering, and the area is clearly marked upon entrance/exiting the area as well. The pvp area between planets makes sense. Otherwise, markets on individual planets could not flourish and it would be a hell hole in terms of MU and economy. If you have no problem paying for a MS that can get you there safely with warp speed, why are you looking for a tp alternative?

Also, you seem very selfish (sorry) if you don't think of others being screwed for thousands of dollars for the same game that we play in. We already know the MA has a bad rep going in, but these hangars were once profitable and worth investing in. These players stimulate the economy and allow for our game to continue. If MA couldn't sell privateers, MS, LA's, etc. this game wouldn't be around. If they were to get screwed AGAIN with interplanetary tps, this would cause massive sell offs of these players, and would make LA owners worry a bit too. They would start doubting their investments and will want to back out as well.

In all, interplanetary tp's do not exist anymore (they were only a temporary solution before space was released) and I hope they do not come back. I don't like the high number of tp's anyways. Personally, the pre VU 10 amount was plenty and made the game feel more like an exploration, but this is getting off topic.

Cheers
-Hyp

Please note that replies to this thread are for people who want to reimplement these lost features, not for folks that don't want these features to be added that used to be in game. If you want to make another thread, go ahead. If you post replies here we can only assume you want the tps re-added even if your post indicates otherwise.

Thanks.

It really irks me that people who call space pirates "thieves". Thieves break the law and STEAL from people. Everyone going in to pvp4 knows the circumstances, risks, and consequences of entering the area. No one can force you to enter a pvp area, you do so willingly. There are warnings prior to entering, and the area is clearly marked upon entrance/exiting the area as well. The pvp area between planets makes sense. Otherwise, markets on individual planets could not flourish and it would be a hell hole in terms of MU and economy. If you have no problem paying for a MS that can get you there safely with warp speed, why are you looking for a tp alternative?

Also, you seem very selfish (sorry) if you don't think of others being screwed for thousands of dollars for the same game that we play in. We already know the MA has a bad rep going in, but these hangars were once profitable and worth investing in. These players stimulate the economy and allow for our game to continue. If MA couldn't sell privateers, MS, LA's, etc. this game wouldn't be around. If they were to get screwed AGAIN with interplanetary tps, this would cause massive sell offs of these players, and would make LA owners worry a bit too. They would start doubting their investments and will want to back out as well.

In all, interplanetary tp's do not exist anymore (they were only a temporary solution before space was released) and I hope they do not come back. I don't like the high number of tp's anyways. Personally, the pre VU 10 amount was plenty and made the game feel more like an exploration, but this is getting off topic.

Cheers
-Hyp

Thievery is the taking of another's property against their will. Therefore pirates are thieves. Just because MA allows it to happen does not in any way make it acceptable nor does it make it anything other than thievery. Maybe you would prefer the term vandals? Considering a lot of people take the approach that I would which is not to carry anything that can be stolen, the only damage is that which is done to one's vehicle. Damage to another's property is vanalism. Yes. We all have the option to avoid PVP. EXCEPT in space. You either get to visit new planets or you don't. That's the entire problem. There were other ways they could have come up with to provide business to former hangar owners and to have some control over interplanetary marketing.

The last thing on earth I am is selfish. However, you wouldn't know that because you don't know me. I think it's pretty damn selfish for me to be subjected to crap I don't want to be subjected to because someone else took a business risk that didn't pan out. That's between pilots and MA. That's for them to sort out. I should NOT have to put up with pvp garbage out of some sense of pity.

I don't care if it's an interplanetary tp or a longer route through a pvp free zone to go to new places or that MS are changed to be unattackable, as long as I have a route to that MS that is also pvp free. I want the option to be able to travel around and regain some of that feeling of exploration and adventure you refer to without ever having to step into a pvp zone as a requirement to do so.

Thievery is the taking of another's property against their will.

The moment you see the little red triangle pop up and a screen that says warning pvp zone and explains that it is lootable, it is at your will that you say "oh whatever" and continue going. You control it completely, there isn't an argument against it.

Keep space PvP, keep the economies seperate, they are planet partners, not glorified land areas. I vote NO

The moment you see the little red triangle pop up and a screen that says warning pvp zone and explains that it is lootable, it is at your will that you say "oh whatever" and continue going. You control it completely, there isn't an argument against it.

Keep space PvP, keep the economies seperate, they are planet partners, not glorified land areas. I vote NO

Great. How do I go from one planet to the other while stating 100% that I do not agree with being in a pvp zone?
I would agree that it was at your will when it was areas on Caly where one had options. There are no options in space other than being subjected to being in pvp. That is the entire point. Once there is an option that is 100% non pvp to get from one planet to another, then all of this becomes a non issue.

If you go to a trainstation and there is a sign saying "beware of pickpockets" it is your choice to not take the train home. Just stay at your aunt's house the rest of your life.

pvp4 is a choice, because you can go around it.
there is no choice to go around space.

I want a choice to go around space, even if it costs more than the relatively safe motherships. So that's what this vote is about. About having choice. My analogy of the pickpockets tries to point out that there is no choice. You will still go home, even if there are pickpockets.
Payed teleporters from planet to planet will give us a choice that pvp4 also offers.. to go around it. It can cost 40 ped, 60 ped to keep Mothership owners in business.

Agreed. Apparently though this isnt a vote. If you dont agree with the OP he has clearly stated that your opinion is not welcome.

In other words, hes trying to put together a document with no foundation based on a misrepresentation.

I say let him have at it. We all know this feature will never be added, despite complaints by a vocal minority.

Great. How do I go from one planet to the other while stating 100% that I do not agree with being in a pvp zone?
I would agree that it was at your will when it was areas on Caly where one had options. There are no options in space other than being subjected to being in pvp. That is the entire point. Once there is an option that is 100% non pvp to get from one planet to another, then all of this becomes a non issue.

Think of it like this:

Going to another planet is a privelege, not a right.
Say you want pyrite, you could always buy it, didn't need to mine pvp. If you want something from a pp, buy it from a trader. If you want to travel with it, it is your gamble. Why carry stackables across space? Because your trying to make more/save more money somehow in whatever your doing. The whole economic structure of every PP shouldn't blend together for some people's greed.

Agreed. Apparently though this isnt a vote. If you dont agree with the OP he has clearly stated that your opinion is not welcome.

In other words, hes trying to put together a document with no foundation based on a misrepresentation.

I say let him have at it. We all know this feature will never be added, despite complaints by a vocal minority.

True, but by OP request, i'll stop posting here because I don't want to be considered a"yes"
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?230004-Against-Interplanetary-TPs

If they're going to do something to make a safe means of interplanetary transport, like a TP, then they would have to charge an astronomical (do you see what I did there?) fee for each way. Perhaps something like 200 - 250 peds. This would be the only way to prevent motherships/privateers from becoming redundant and the only way pirates will ever get any shooting practice.

Edit, to be honest though, I'm not really in favour of that idea, especially as I know how safe motherships really are.

If you post replies here we can only assume you want the tps re-added even if your post indicates otherwise.

That is like saying exactly what MA is saying: If you enter space, we can assume you auto-consent to space pvp and being looted, even if your needs or desires dictate otherwise! ;)

Regardless... I will /sign the inter-planetary Auction item transport system. (Not keen on planet-to-planet teleports though. That would kill space transports.)

Sometimes there are some items I would like to BID on another planet's auction (and not have to wait 7 days to bid on it). Sometimes I win a bid and I would rather not jump thru needless hoops just to get it. Perhaps revise the fee structure for auction "courier" items. If I'm in a quad - then its needless hours of travel for 1 item retrieval from the auctions.

On a side note:
Now space would be amazing if EVE online ship systems are introduced:
evescreenshots2.jpg

This will ENSURE each ship is customizable and will allow any decent pilot a fierce fighting chance when suddenly jumped by 2-3 rats! (Nowadays, when a rat gets a jump on you... you are pretty much going down.)

Think about it MA... lots of items... lots of PEDs invested! Lots of repairs! Lots of AMMO decay!

Think of it like this:

Going to another planet is a privelege, not a right.
Say you want pyrite, you could always buy it, didn't need to mine pvp. If you want something from a pp, buy it from a trader. If you want to travel with it, it is your gamble. Why carry stackables across space? Because your trying to make more/save more money somehow in whatever your doing. The whole economic structure of every PP shouldn't blend together for some people's greed.

Well, then I guess getting a piece of my deposits is a privilege other PPs can just live without despite how much they may have paid for that planet.

Wonderful! I want the experience of hunting zombies. Exactly where do you think I'll find that on the auction?

Who the hell is talking about greed? This has nothing do do with greed. This has to do with being able to safely traverse the universe in order to explore other places and hunt new things. I've traveled once to RT. All my stackables are still in storage on RT. I would never travel with stackables because there is no way in hell I'm going to reward bad behavior and in my opinion, pirating is bad behavior.

I don't know if I'll ever get back to that stuff in storage on RT and it doesn't bother me that it sits there no matter what markup might change to. Yeah. That's sounds greedy, doesn't it?

I already mentioned in another thread that I would even be open to being able to travel safely in non pvp areas with serious weight restrictions on private ships. Let it be that if you want to carry more goods to other planets that you have to use a MS for it, as long as such a system existed in a non pvp environment. It wouldn't surprise me if such a process were more profitable for MS owners than the current pay me for protection method. Organized mobsters are paid for "protection". MS owners shouldn't have to be forced into such a category. Carrying large quantities across the universe is a privilege. Being able to explore various planets safely should be a right. MA told us we would be able to freely travel between planets. Having my time wasted being shot down is not my idea of freely traveling.

Well, then I guess getting a piece of my deposits is a privilege other PPs can just live without despite how much they may have paid for that planet.

Wonderful! I want the experience of hunting zombies. Exactly where do you think I'll find that on the auction?

Who the hell is talking about greed? This has nothing do do with greed. This has to do with being able to safely traverse the universe in order to explore other places and hunt new things. I've traveled once to RT. All my stackables are still in storage on RT. I would never travel with stackables because there is no way in hell I'm going to reward bad behavior and in my opinion, pirating is bad behavior.

I don't know if I'll ever get back to that stuff in storage on RT and it doesn't bother me that it sits there no matter what markup might change to. Yeah. That's sounds greedy, doesn't it?

I already mentioned in another thread that I would even be open to being able to travel safely in non pvp areas with serious weight restrictions on private ships. Let it be that if you want to carry more goods to other planets that you have to use a MS for it, as long as such a system existed in a non pvp environment. It wouldn't surprise me if such a process were more profitable for MS owners than the current pay me for protection method. Organized mobsters are paid for "protection". MS owners shouldn't have to be forced into such a category. Carrying large quantities across the universe is a privilege. Being able to explore various planets safely should be a right. MA told us we would be able to freely travel between planets. Having my time wasted being shot down is not my idea of freely traveling.

You already have the option to travel freely between planets.. get in your quad or sleip and fly. In regards to the the pickpocketing scenario at the train stop. Isn't this a choice we make everyday? If I am carrying 1000$ cash and I know pickpocketing is common on the train (i.e. flying with stackables in space), then I will choose a different option to get to my final destination, for example a taxi (MS transport). The taxi man is much less likely to rob me than someone on the train stop. If you choose to gamble, its your decision.

I'm sorry but I won't be commenting here anymore because I don't want to make it seem like I'm agreeing to the OP's request, but you guys should really stop acting like there is some sort of barrier between the planets. There isn't. And for those who are saying you can't go around it, technically you can't physically go around pvp space, but you can "go around pvp space" safely with MS transports.

-Hyp

Last edited:
You created this thread with no poll but added a comment that if anyone posts here you will consider this as a support?

No comment.

If they're going to do something to make a safe means of interplanetary transport, like a TP, then they would have to charge an astronomical (do you see what I did there?) fee for each way. Perhaps something like 200 - 250 peds. This would be the only way to prevent motherships/privateers from becoming redundant and the only way pirates will ever get any shooting practice.

Edit, to be honest though, I'm not really in favour of that idea, especially as I know how safe motherships really are.

Agreed. I think a tp would be a terrible idea unless, as you stated it was extremely expensive to use. If they added this in it would eff over a lot of ship owners and I don't see the need for tps.

Nice one. Signed!

The one fact that nobody have mentioned about space travel is that it takes TIME away from my hunt. So TIME that I could be using to hunt, instead I have to spend that TIME flying in some useless boring space and waste more of my TIME when scum bags show up trying to rob me. I quite enjoyed paying for auction fees and extra TP fees to get from planet to planet. It gave me instant gratification and instant access to hunting. With the introduction of space my TIME and money is now limited to Calypso ONLY :)

I would pay the fee if it was 50PEDs to travel from planet to planet via teleporter since it costs less to travel via MS/Privateer etc.. most people are "cheap" in this aspect and will pick the travel services. Win Win for all :)

~Danimal

The one fact that nobody have mentioned about space travel is that it takes TIME away from my hunt. So TIME that I could be using to hunt, instead I have to spend that TIME flying in some useless boring space and waste more of my TIME when scum bags show up trying to rob me. I quite enjoyed paying for auction fees and extra TP fees to get from planet to planet. It gave me instant gratification and instant access to hunting. With the introduction of space my TIME and money is now limited to Calypso ONLY :)

I would pay the fee if it was 50PEDs to travel from planet to planet via teleporter since it costs less to travel via MS/Privateer etc.. most people are "cheap" in this aspect and will pick the travel services. Win Win for all :)

~Danimal

Oh this has been mentioned... And every time I bring it up I get the same BS about that I use a service (or fly on my own) where I have to log out to be safe and bla bla bla bla. That is not the problem at all it's all the hassle mentioned by danimal over here+ all these small steps you have to go trough both before and after a warp. And all the waiting before a warp even if it's a VIP trip.

If it did cost me 10ped to take a mothership and 50ped to tp it would be a nobrainer for me. TP ftw!

Oh this has been mentioned... And every time I bring it up I get the same BS about that I use a service (or fly on my own) where I have to log out to be safe and bla bla bla bla. That is not the problem at all it's all the hassle mentioned by danimal over here+ all these small steps you have to go trough both before and after a warp. And all the waiting before a warp even if it's a VIP trip.

If it did cost me 10ped to take a mothership and 50ped to tp it would be a nobrainer for me. TP ftw!

TIME = PEDs

Everybody knows that :)

~Danimal

Back