Info: Warp flight service reviews

Status

anthonymorris

Dominant
Society
angels of arkadia
anthony ranger morris
Due to the lack of respect in some post I’m pulling my reviews. I think it is really sad that some people cannot have a little self-control and act like they have some sense in themselves. All I asked for was a little respect and to be contacted if there was an issue with a review and yet a select few find it trivial to try to open a debate here.

Just to let everyone know I did send letters to every service I reviewed over 2 weeks ago and the only people who had responded was the EFA (Sakuba) and Kronan (SBI). All other owners did not or would not send a reply.
This could have helped alot of people make an informed decision on what service would have best fit their needs. I spent over a month doing research on each service provider and had taken multiple flights.

So I have decided to close this thread as its usefulness has been looted with personal and nonfactual propaganda. You want the facts take the amount they charge buy the number of flights and that will be your Price Per Flight then add what way you would like to get to the planet that will tell you who is the best price

Last edited:
Dreadnought

Last edited:
Great post Anthony, i might just extend it by one part - The ToS Normandie might not being able to wait for hours and hours if someone doesnt log back in or cant log back in , but if someone would really get stuck with loot we would warp in to the respective location if needed and make sure he can log back in to safety - i deem this as belonging to good customer service :)
I might also extend that this is only needed if the avatars disconnect gets registered by the system before the pilot catches him back inside, as even when someone cant log back in - as long as the pilot catched him back inside he will be in safety onboard whenever he gets to log back in.
So yes we can do it safe but there is still not much of a point to challenge the system if 7ped are not noticeable compared to what is carried.

Kronan

Last edited:
Normandie

Last edited:
Entropia Fleet Alliance

Last edited:
reserved

reserved for futher use..........................................................................

Nice overview. Quite a lot of work you have put into this! I have a few comments :)

Flight information:​
Kronan operates its flights one (1) day a week on Saturday and hits all 5 planets. So the Kronan does a total of 4 flights a month.

Actually (if data must be comparable to other services mentioned) this equals 24 flights a month (RT visited twice if need be) + hunting and event trips scattered around :)

Jobs:​
The Kronan at this time does not seem to have a way to earn ped. But one way you can earn ped is by skilling and chip out your skill. But remember it takes esi’s to chip out so you will still be out some ped until the skills sale that is if they sell.

Kronan offers 10 ped per person one finds who subscribes as a crew member (20 for life subs)

Communication​
This provider has one (1) real way to communicate with its passengers. And that is TeamSpeak 3 voice chat. Although they have a new thing on their website called live stream I’m not sure how that works because every time I went to check it out it said “off line”

Stream has just been made and is not yet fully running. Check back in a weeks time :)

useful thread ...

user reviews, personal experiences would be useful too ...

I already used EFA service several times. Started to do Arkadia Stage II missions ... its already a week ...

Why I choose them? Visit www.efa.ms and you will understand why ...

I checked everything on the website, 95% of all the info I got there. Then I contacted Kri and filled that 5% shortage ... I checked titans of space website too, but ... good info, but was not enough ... seemed more complicated ... may be its my feeling only, dunno

What I liked with EFA:

1. Outstanding website with status updates. I dont need to have skype, teamspeak, radio or mumble ... All needed is there on the web ... I only need to have Internet and eyes to watch ...

2. Lower price. Well, that's not decisive factor for me personally, but that tells me of an investment and long term goals of EFA

3. I carried stackables on my flights and I was 100% safe. I was summoned from planet, logged off before the warp, watched the website and logged in after arrival on destination planet wass announced, and left the ship when I needed. Then used tp to jump to planet [7 ped to MA]

4. Shit happens and Bismark was attacked at Rocktropia when I was on the ride [was logged off] ... ship was delayed and I could not stand longer to wait to Caly arrival, so went to bed ... Next day I logged in on Bismarck that was docked on Ark SS, I wanted on Caly ... so messaged by feedback system [effective one imho] to EFA. Kri replied soon and he warped me to Caly ... thx to him for that!

I am aware of many discussions about the SI, about atmosphere docking and some bitching around related topics. I believe that even on 500 SI MS I can be 100% safe if business is managed properly. If SI is more, ship will be more useful, like during space hunts and etc ... but lower SI ship can also do good with respect to interplanetary transportation ... and space training too [important thing] ...

What else ...
I am not a big space rider atm, but I recently found out [and tested on myself] that with 12 ped fee [5 to EFA service and 7 ped to MA tp] I can carry a fortune with me between any planet with the help of EFA service ...

The universally understood symbol for division (divide) is / and you are using a * instead (which is a universally understood symbol for multiplication (multiply). That should be fixed.

Let me start by saying my reviews are “NOT” SUBJECTIVE but they are “ACTUAL” meaning I deal with the facts and not opinions or feelings.

Isn’t it enough that they want to charge you 40-60 ped for a single warp but to say if you bring some friends they have to pay 10 ped each is not only sad but is being greedy.

That, my friend... is called an opinion.

If I pay for a VIP that in essence means I have just chartered the ship and should be allowed to bring as many people as I wanted. Charging my guest is just a unnecessary charge what if I wanted to take my soc mates or disciples on a hunting expo on a different planet I would have to pay VIP warp fee and 10 ped a person?

While I dont agree, nor disagree with this pricing... the point behind it is *possibly* the fact that (theoretically) any VIP could *possibly* charge their "group of 20 people" peds for each warp flight behind the scenes. It is *possibly* a simple business deterrent to prevent extras from tagging along.

Other than that. Good reviews. You need to break the large chunks of text into paragraphs for easy reading - as we humans, by nature, tend to tune out and skim large walls of text.

Ok this review leaves out the following points:
1. atmosphereic docking vs. spacestation tp
i asked you in pm to include this in the 'objective' overview and you declined practically making your whole review biased towards the one listed service provider who does not offer atmospheric departures.
Therefor for everyone to read anthony's figures modified for total travel costs including tp and planetary entry fees:
Dreadnought (atmosphere):
Monthly 2.89(ppf) 3 month sub 2.60(ppf)

Kronan(still to be adjusted in regards to SBI's feedback) (atmosphere):
Daily: 12(ppf) 3 month sub 3.06(PPF) Monthly 3.20(ppf)

Normandie (atmosphere) (Normandie also runs effective more then 100 warpflights per month due to open to join vip flights and our hunting trips which you left out - but i will keep for comparision just to the scheduled passenger flights for now)(but i will add our 6month and anuual subsciption fees which you missed):
Daily 12PED
Monthly 3.09 (ppf) (as a crew person)
Monthly 4.17(ppf) (Premium subscription)
6month 2.91 (ppf) (as a crew person)
6month 3.81(ppf) (Premium subscription)
12month 2.82 (ppf) (as a crew person)
12month 3.63(ppf) (Premium subscription)

EFA (spacestation TP):
Daily 8.25(ppf) 3 month sub 7.42
Weekly 7.5(ppf) 6 month 7.41
Monthly 7.45(ppf) 12 month 7.37

figures above not even considering further savings due to shared shuttle seats down planetside.

*further i have pmed you over a dozend points that ou displayed wrong for the Normandie or left out in the review - looking forward to read an updated review soon :)

**due to having traveled with Normanide just once and probaly with others as well i would also recommend when saying you did the review on actual figures that you run the review with actual costs participating on every motherships scheduled flights several times and then comparing total costs - this would also allow to figure out how often on average you get to share a shuttle seat down planetside on which service and can be actual savings of another ped
I would also be interested to see the average flight time of scheduled flights and how long people have to wait from the scheduled departure time till they arrive secure at their target - time plays a huge role in travels :)

Last edited:
Never mind :) misread

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and spend some time aboard the ToS Normandie - I hope the crew welcomed you well on your trip, and you had a pleasent safe flight :)

There are a few mistakes in your post, id just like to clafiry them now. :)

Atmospheric Re-entry Docking is currently done on most planets not all.
All Planets :) just not every single flight - all avaliable on the schedule :)

Communication​
This provider has one (1) real way to communicate with its passengers. And that is team speak 3 they say to listen to the Normandie Radio station as well but, my question is what if the station does not have a DJ on when the warp flight is in progress or a VIP trip is done?
There are actually many ways of contact.

Forums - Either myself or john are usually logged into PCF and Arkadia forum, where a PM will be asnwered quickly :)

Face book - an entire dedicated group, also answered quicky

Skype - Also another dedicated group, plus can add as friend with ease for pm's

Teamspeak as you mentioned

Normandie Radio

Force Chat, as you do not need to log out

In game PM's, both my self and john are visable on player register.

Boarding teams, will happily asnwer questions and get you on board.

The Normandie has a competent crew and seems to have a chain of command in place which will in a bad situation (pirate attack), prove to be very useful. One voice many minds doing what has to be done for the safety of the ship and passengers. Without this kind of structured command you would have nothing more than uncontrolled chaos, and people doing what they want to do and not what needs to be done to protect the ship and passengers.
Very well written :)

if you are a 100ped subscriber then you MUST stay logged on to help repair the ship even if you have stackables. The only way you will be allowed to log out is if you have a so called “Premium membership” and that will that cost you 200ped if you want to enjoy your ride and keep your stackables safe.

Im afraid this is NOT true, no one is ever forced to stay logged in. If such an event were to occur where the captain deems it in the best interest for people to log out, then ALL crew, passengers, gunners etc are more than welcome to do so.

. As far as charging 10ped more for each person you bring on your VIP flight, really?
This one is very simple. If one were allowed to effectively "rent" the ship, allowing as many on as they liked for free, a savvy individual can rent the ship to as many people as he wishes - charge them all 10 ped, and only pay 60 for the priviledge. Mucho profit for Mr warp flight broker man. :yup:

And of course John has cleared up the mistakes about the costing already in the post above :)

I think its a nice idea doing reviews and some of yoru points were really great :) but I do think they would have to cover a bit more detail, for example- saftey record, time keeping, how well the schedules are adhered too, whats in it for repairers, etc etc :wise:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Isn’t it enough that they want to charge you 40-60 ped for a single warp but to say if you bring some friends they have to pay 10 ped each is not only sad but is being greedy.

As you said the quote does look like a personal opinion but it actually is a fact asking for 10ped more is being greedy. And you do have those people who will broker a trip and charge more. But to say that is how to solve the problem is wrong. The captain can stop this quick buy advertising how much they charge for a warp when they have spammers by saying something like this “Rangers warp service for only 30 ped to any planet and all your guest.” As long as I get my 30 ped what does it matter if a broker chartered the flight he will be the one called out in the end. But where there is a service there will always be a person trying to make a buck think about it you charter a flight for 40 ped get 20 friends to chip in 4 ped each that’s 80 ped so you just made 40 ped but wait it took you time and effort to get this set up is it fair you get nothing? I would think not, that’s why they call it a broker’s fee. Traders do the same thing they get it cheaper then you are paying for it lol the mu they charge if their finder’s fee. Same thing with a broker his fee is what he makes over what he paid. I would welcome brokers this means more people to advertise for my business at no cost to me

since you start arguing and left stating fact and still have 'facts' on your posts which state false information let me say this. There is lots of providers out there offering service some run vip flights opening up doors for brokers cause they either dont care or didnt spent thoughts on this - i dont need anyone else gathering passengers if they can just contact me straight or join my boarding team and i wont support this possibility - if one really wants a cheap flight then he can take a scheduled one - vip flights on the Normandie are for vips who can afford it to be vip or put the time in to raise a team to lower their costs - but if they do and charge others 20ped to participate in a vip flight then i still will get 10ped instead of other providers selling themself off below their value. However nothing wrong with you stating vip flight costs, but ranting about their price tag is not what an objective review is about. I will report your thread for stating false information and claiming them to be truth - nothing wrong with personal opinion but it needs to be marked as one and not claimed as being objective.

Let me start by saying my reviews are “NOT” SUBJECTIVE but they are “ACTUAL” meaning I deal with the facts

I'll come back & read this thread again when you get your facts right..

Spongey

Last edited:
The issue here JBK is not about atmospheric docking vs. space station tp if it were we would have to do it on an even comparison and ok I will give it an even comparison by all ships and lest see how it fans out but I find it really funny that you added the 7 ped to only the Bismarck pricing why is that? Maybe you are scared about the truth? Remember the truth will set you free.
You compared the services unfairly you added 7 ped to the Bismarck service while not adding any amount to your own or those of the others? So here is and even comparison we will use the info provided for the Deradnough, Kronan, Normandie and the Bismarck remember (ppf) means Price Per Flight so here is and even comparison of all services. Also remember it cost 2 ped to do atmospheric docking and 7 ped for tping. But I don’t think you will like what you see JBK;
Atmospheric docking Space Station tping
Dreadnought
.89(ppf) +2ped= 2.89(ppf) .89(ppf) +7ped= 7.89(ppf)

Kronan
10(ppf) +2ped= 12(ppf) 10(ppf) +7ped= 17(ppf)

Normandie
10PED(ppf) +2ped= 12(ppf) 10(ppf) +7ped= 17(ppf)

Entropia Fleet Alliance
1.25(ppf) +2ped= 3.25 1.25(ppf) +7ped= 8.25(ppf)

This is based on the price per flight as you can see the best value would be the Dreadnought followed by the EFA Entropia Fleet Alliance then the Kronan and Normandie come in on a tie as the both have the same (ppf). This is fact not my assumptions or opinion I did not want to get into this issue because I feel all the services are of equal value to the EU but some people only have negative things to say about others. Please keep in mind there are several factors to consider when choosing a transportation service and not just the monetary aspect involved, but how do they treat you are you a valued customer how safe are you, and are you on a time restraint. Although each one of these services have their pros and cons take a look at how each one acts as a service and you choose on what price you put on your service to them. Some will say look at me I’m better than A and B but are they really? The only way to be 100% safe with your loot is to stay on the planet out of the PVP areas but if you do have to move your loot from one place to the other the only way to keep it 100% safe is log out as soon as you get on the ship you have chosen to take you and wait until they dock at the Space Station and use the tp to get their 100% safely. Or you can risk the atmospheric docking which IS NOT 100%, JBK the owner of the Normandie said it best when he stated “but still there is not much point to save 7peds when one is carrying a fortune around and i wouldnt recommend practising this departure with such amounts when space servers are unstable and connection is bad - there is so many bugs in space that one shouldnt force it at those times.” So fellow Entropian’s there are the facts about atmospheric docking vs. space station tping And JBK I hope this helps you as well as you were the one to ask about this.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Calm down Anthony, you made a few mistakes, in more than just the review in Mandie.

Your opinions are fine, no one can take them from you, but you cant state that you will post facts, and get so many things wrong.

We are all human, you can still fix them :) Dont worry no one is judging you for your mistakes, just giving you a chance to rectify them :)

Your Ranting however - is de-railing your own thread.

In my opinion, EFA is the best option, and I have subscribed to them on a monthly basis.

As far as the op goes, we all warned him about his opinions being throughout the reviews however he just got defensive and said no changes would be made :scratch2:

This review would of been better if done by a more level headed individual who doesnt have a bias towards one service as clearly evident in the reviews.

Thank you however for being the first person to attempt at making a review of ms services as Im sure it was time consuming gathering the information from many sources.

suggestion - sticky!
The Kronan is best known by ppl as being a free skilling ship in the past. The owner of the Kronan has stated he has had about 800 crew members in his ranks as healer and skillers.
Just ouf of curiosity, how many avatars can be logged in on a mother ship at the same time?

Last edited:
i'm sorry JBK and alainax that i have put bad info out so please allow me the time to fix what i have wrong. remember this is a review and i want to get the correct info out so please work with me to get the facts right for which you have concerns about. I'm sorry JBK for any misunderstanding as i did contact you about getting info and had not reply until now so im sure we can work this out by getting me the correct information and im willing to just that. This was ment to help the players not confuse them. so please contact me via skype or any other form of communication to where we can work this out.

Thank you anthony, I would love to resolve this. Please feel free to add me on Skype at your earliest convienence and im sure we can find a satisfactory resolution :)

alaina.bonnie is my Skype name

Anthony,

walls of text are quite offputting when trying to absorb info. Please think about your formatting of posts.

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this.

KikkiJikki

Dreadnought

Kronan

Normandie

Entropia Fleet Alliance

Hmm could be I am reading this wrong but it seems to me you compare different types of subscriptions (appels and oranges). Wouldn't it be more correct to do:

Dreadnaught: Monthly 50*56= .89(ppf)
Kronan: Monthly 30*25= 1.20(ppf)
Normandie: Monthly sub 100*92= 1.09 (ppf) (as a crew person)
EFA: Monthly 50*112= .45(ppf)

* Just numbers taken from first posts to illustrate my point

(And here I naturally have to say that Kronan is not focused on the traveller who travels 56, 92 or 112 times a month which is needed to actually get the full value of subscriptions... We aim for the occasional traveller who is satisfied to travel on a weekly basis for a small monthly subscription and/or the repairman who wish to be part of a hardcore repairskilling crew and have access to cheap supplies... Also it does not make sense to state a 'daily fee' for kronan for 50 ped. Kronan does not have that - we have a monthly fee of 30 ped :))

suggestion - sticky!Just ouf of curiosity, how many avatars can be logged in on a mother ship at the same time?

50 persons logged in at a time. Ofcourse this is rarely the case when considering timezones and that people come and go, stay for periods of time and are gone for periods of time etc. And considering that the repair service has been actide during a period of 1 year now.

Last edited:
Dreadnought

Kronan

Normandie

Entropia Fleet Alliance
FFS, You've compared daily rate on two services (Kronan and Normandie) with subscription rate on two others (DN and EFA) without even stating as much. And you accuse others of making unfair comparions!

Personally i think that a price-per-flight based on subscription rate is unrealisic as it would be a very rare person who availed themselves of every flight. However, I've no better ideas for drawing simple, direct comparisons. So I think that's OK, so long as you do it consistently for each service, ofc, and clearly state the basis.

Reliability is also an important factor, for many passengers. This has not been touched upon. However, I can see that you are not. personally, really in a position to evaluate this. Nerither am I, except to say that JBK has proved so dependable that his dedication makes my jaw drop! I'd be highly surprised if any other service can match Normandie for reliability.

I'd really like to see somebody doing a really impartial review. A tall order, perhaps.

Next best woul;d be somebody who clearly states their affilliations and biases from the outset. And who understands the difference between facts and opinions.

jay :)

Last edited:
It's bit off-topic, but since the issue of brokering was raised in this thread , i'd like to express my personal concern about it. I really think it should be nipped in the bud at all costs since it paves the way for scammers.

As a regular manager of Normandie's boarding team, I frequently have to tell people: No , you don't pay me now, you pay JBK after boarding. Ofc it doesn't matter a hill of beans who they pay, in practice... except that if we don't establish a clear protocol then anybody could stand there claiming to repesent Normandie and raking in PED.

This is what worries me.

For the sake of the whole community, I would like to see all MS agreeing to maintain the same policy of only collecting fares after boarding.

How about it?

jay :)

I have no possibility to compare the services, only the information available. I'm more interested by the flight details than the skilling options.

The information I'm looking for are:
- Price for a single flight.
- Precise schedule of the next days.
- Structural Integrity.
- Atmosthere re-entry?
>> I will decide which company to fly with according to these 4 information.

After a brief check of the sites:
- Normandie provides all info but they are spread on the several pages, need to read all text to find them.
- EFA and Kronan are in 2nd position: not all info available (SI?) and also hidden in several pages.
- Dreadnought has an amazing site but I can't find any schedule or price (?!?).

I would like the Home page presents all basic info, so that the average user don't need to spend 15 min looking the price in the whole site. :yup:

Reactions: sbi
Status
Back