Option to turn off the night, would you use it ?

Would you use the Option to turn Nights if possible ?

• Yes i would always use it

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • I would use it sometimes but not exclusively

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • I would never use it

Votes: 38 35.5%
  • I have no Opinion on this but like to vote

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
As the title says

Im curious how manny people would like to have the current day/night cycle replaced by an always day, azure blue sky with light clouds texture.

Hunting small mobs like sumima using the first person perspective is allready hard with all the grass but on night it become horrible tiresome. I just stopped right now because my eyes hurt. I want the Project Entropia sky back. They was awesome and created a much warmer and enjoying atmosphere. I'am the only one who is annoyed from the night cycle and want the option to turn it off ?

no option for always real night?

I wouldn't use it and I would prefer darker real nights.

PS, set Object Quality to low and you don't get the grass

tbh I think the night cycle is the only way some people can tell how long they've been logged in for.

One of the uses of the scopes in vu9 was a night sight, it could also see through fog. Maybe they need to create night vision goggles.

But if Calypso doesn't have a moon why isn't the night pitch black?

Last edited:
please yes bring back always sunny project entropia..i dont want to see any dark,i liked the fact that even if it was amidst the night where i live that in pe it was always bright and sunny

No, the 4 hour day 1 hour night was already altered due to complaints a year or two back (I quite liked it with decent sunrises / sunsets)

Now we have a 20 minute night approximately and a moon so vast in the Calypso sky it looks :silly2:

Removing the day/night cycle completely would be a real backwards move back to VU 9.4.

There have been requests for weather to be added to Entropia, those that dislike day/night would certainly not like the weather option.

I would always play with night turned off. It's just annoying to strain the eyes like u have to when it's dark.

There is a setting for this tho but I would not recommend using it since mindark isn't sure if it's legal or not.. To elaborate some on this, if you ask support they will tell you that you should not edit it and that it's against eula/tou but in the file itself it says "-- Attention: This file is generated by the system! Editing is not recommended! ". Not recommended is not the same as not allowed in my book. For the record I didn't edit it since support told me not to do it.

Open the file:
C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\settings-ce.cfg

add these lines..
sv_timeofdayenable = 0
sv_timeofdaylength = 1
sv_timeofdaystart = 12

I didn't test this since I don't think it's worth getting locked for so not sure if it really work ^^

There have been requests for weather to be added to Entropia, those that dislike day/night would certainly not like the weather option.

little off topic

it was snowing around new switzerland when vu10 launched...was really beautiful...don't know why they removed it...

i like day and night cycle...

Show's how much I've paid attention to EU. Any other game I can remember no problem, EU nothing.Only spending 2-3 hours a month logged in atm doesn't help.

People with low end machines had issues with snow when it first appeared. Right now if people are still using the same hardware as then I'd be surprised so we might see weather effects return.

Are you afraid of the dark? :vampire:

i think its a tad unrealistic to "turn off the dark"

maybe if we had better ways to illuminate ourselves like in elderscrolls games?

i think its a tad unrealistic to "turn off the dark"

maybe if we had better ways to illuminate ourselves like in elderscrolls games?
Yeah, I want realism in the environment when I'm shooting Proterons with lasers on Calypso! :silly2:

using magic spells to create light is less realistic than little/no night cycle, there's places here on Earth that have no night cycle sometimes! :yup:

Wouldn't use it. Also I find present nights too bright and miss the pitch-dark nights we had right after VU10.

On the other hand, if people could switch days and nights at will, I'd rather see the cycles removed altogether. When everyone exists in his own environment and has different experience - it's not an universe, it's a collection of solo games with universal chat. Better to have a reduced but truly shared experience.

Wouldn't use it. I would rather have the longer night and day cycle back as well. :yup:

Last edited:
I wouldn't use, i prefer to have a set day/night cycle. Would be cool to have attachable flashlights to guns/gear though.

Cheers
Zweshi

I don't want to turn off the dark but I want to be able to adjust gamma in windowed mode.

I have been asking for weapon mounted torches for a while! If vehicles can have torches why not guns?

I would much prefer a few more options like flashlights and perhaps aerial flares to light up the night when you need or want to. The night is simply another challenge to learn how to use to your advantage IMO. I don't want a game with no changes/challenges.

I doubt night can be turned off completely...

Maybe you can buy high decay night vision goggles though someday that decay so many stackables per hour or something?

That is a challenge right there and I have been thinking about that.

Because of the tilt of the planet one side of it will be pointing to the sun and is therefor to hot to explore.

"It will influence the availability", so we can do some mission some of the time, but not all the time. I guessing it could be that missions will only be available during night time, when it is cool on the surface (might be to short for some missions) or just during winter. The problem with just in winter is that even then the planet would rotate around its own axis and half of the day each side of the planet would still be facing the sun and therefor be to hot.

The only think I could think of is that the planets axis is horizontal (or close to that) and rotates around its sun. This way each half of the planet will be facing the sun for half a year. Depending on the size of the orbit around the sun we could have a few (earth) months to do these missions before we have the same amount of (earth) months where we can not do them. This would however also mean that we will not have a quick day/night cycle, but one of a few (earth) months, so a long period of darkness and a long period of light, could be interesting.

What ever it may be, the idea of missions with a time limit is pretty cool !

also...

Night-time at Calypso should be more terrifying than daytime. We intend to release creatures that only operates at certain times during the day/night cycle, with nocturnal-only creatures.

And, of course, new tools to help out, like NV goggles, MF, lightsticks, etc.

Of course, planet partners do exist... perhaps some planet has a day/night cycle similar to the poles of Earth where day is many months long? Planet Alaska? Planet Canada? ... or maybe RT can do something like the Thing that is Planet Frozen Sequel - nah, Disney would never go for it?

Or... maybe day and night stay the same as is, but your avatar drinks some heavy amount of alcoholic beverages that you mined up somewhere and it forces your avatar to only be able to be logged in during the day... when the sun goes down it'll automatically lock you from being able to be logged in, just like if the server went down? Don't worry, your heavily drunken stupor will still allow you to decay the same amount just as if you were logged in.

Last edited:
Yes I wish to have that option and turn night off permanent.
Also,
many of you forget, that there are ppl with less than 10/10 vision and in some enviroments it is hard to play or even just use chat, with the existing colors/lights/graphic options.

I dought also if the day/night cycle it's correct and if we count the dawn/sunset cycle we play 75% of the game in bad light.
Maybe on Calypso it isn't so bad, but go out in the wild on Arkadia at night or RT Zomhattan and then come to tell me that I'm not right.

Last edited:
I have born and grow on planet wich newer had night.
Thre was back story and also explanation that Calypso had two moons or two suns dont remember right now so it couldnt have night.
After years of exclusive and original game concept for planet Calypso MA ruined it with day/night cycle.
We lost all that just because some new noobs cryed about and because some new devs thinked that wud be coool to play with it and modern because many new games had it and need to steal any idea from other games and glue it to Project-Entropia.

For Calypso i wud turn off night cycle.

I turn off the grass, makes finding fruit and stones easier. makes lag better. makes spotting mobs easier.

not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...but I never really notice a difference between day and night.
I am not sure I was even aware there is a day/night cycle. that's how little it affects anything for me.

tbh I think the night cycle is the only way some people can tell how long they've been logged in for.

One of the uses of the scopes in vu9 was a night sight, it could also see through fog. Maybe they need to create night vision goggles.

But if Calypso doesn't have a moon why isn't the night pitch black?

Is not monria a moon of Calypso? and what about the big moon we see? Right from the big moon we see monria.

could it be graphics settings affect the day night look?

Im trippin now...over 5 years playing gettin close to 10 damn...and totally never once noticed the day night cycle..wheres my bong I need to think about this....

my eyes are not what they used to be and I dislike the extreme darkness....

my eyes are not what they used to be and I dislike the extreme darkness....

I don't think the night is dark at calypso. but i can understand you'r eye problem. Maybe gamma adjust can help?

Is not monria a moon of Calypso? and what about the big moon we see? Right from the big moon we see monria.

Do people really not care about the lore anymore? :)
Calypso has 2 moons from the beginning of times (although I'm quite surprised to have just realized that they never had names), while the "newly discovered" Monria is located in deep space and is reachable through a wormhole:
Q: Where is the moon be located?
A: A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered in local space. Exploration of the other side of the wormhole revealed a strange, planetless moon. A space station is under construction that will stabilize the wormhole and allow travel between local space and the region of space on the other side of the wormhole, where the moon was discovered.
(Moon Estate FAQ)

Do people really not care about the lore anymore? :)
Calypso has 2 moons from the beginning of times (although I'm quite surprised to have just realized that they never had names), while the "newly discovered" Monria is located in deep space and is reachable through a wormhole:
(Moon Estate FAQ)

just wird! a moon always need to have a planet, otherwise it is not a moon :D When monria is in deep space, where is the planet there? Also the little moon we see near the big one, looking same as monria. But ok. maybe devs see that from an other view as me:laugh:

Back