Naysayer 1, DoA 0 - game over

Status
Initially I posted all my ideas on forums, had a bunch of people criticizing without bringing any arguments and even going down the route of ad-homminem attacks, so I decided to stop posting on forums and just post on blog; yet, people (like you) continued to jump on me (now why I do post on blog and not on forums).

Happy to hear that you are not leaving again. We don't need you to create yet one more avatar and spend a few days trying to figure out if this new person is you or not. :)

What we do need is for you to keep up your posts. And yes many will say you are wrong and that you have no idea what you are talking about. Most of the time they are right since you are still very young and new to this game as well.

Your posts are very well done and will be missed if you do stop. Just let people, like me, give you a hard time about your new ideas and keep on posting away. Just remember that you are at that age where you are right and the world is wrong. No issue with that. Just need to learn how to live with RL people who will criticize you.

so ive recieved another neg rep from this dilusional child, saying I neg repped here first

heres actual proof, if this isnt good enough ill take a screenshot:

neg rep from DoA:

03-31-2016 21:16
DoA

and I neg rep the child back at:

04-01-2016 07:10
DoA

never negged repped her before in my life.

It does seem you have a bit of a mental disorder

Sorry, you are right, I did it first (I confused you with someone else).

Yet, I still believe my neg rep was more than deserved... it was given for this post where, after I came with some clear arguments, you didn't come with any counter-arguments but pretty much just said "no matter what you say, I'm still right, just because I am"... and my -rep message was "If you don't agree, you can at least come with arguments...", while you clearly admitted you -rep me in retaliation.

And, again, call someone having a mental disorder for one mistake... don't know if this is more wrong or more rude...

Youre 16 years old ffs, and you think youve inherated all the brains of this world. Im over twice your age and theres people playing the game probably 3 times as old as you are, yet you make it look like others dont know anything.

And yeah, no matter how arrogant that sounds, strictly talking on measurable, statistic, scientific factors, when in an intellectual dispute with someone, I have 98% chances to win it and 2% chances to lose it. Of course, that doesn't mean I am always right, but much more often than not, I just am.

And as someone I admire said "you don't have to be a horse first to be a good jockey"; having (extensive) in-game experience can sure help noticing some patterns, but is definitely not a requirement.

Last edited:
Sorry, you are right, I did it first (I confused you with someone else).

Yet, I still believe my neg rep was more than deserved... it was given for this post where, after I came with some clear arguments, you didn't come with any counter-arguments but pretty much just said "no matter what you say, I'm still right, just because I am"... and my -rep message was "If you don't agree, you can at least come with arguments...", while you clearly admitted you -rep me in retaliation.

And, again, call someone having a mental disorder for one mistake... don't know if this is more wrong or more rude...

here you go once again.... in that post i said quote "like I said, you can wrap it in as many pretty words as you like.", at that point I though I made it clear I dont intent to debate something further, as obviously we will not agree on the matter, and you come up with a neg rep.

Like others have already stated, youre trying to influence others peoples opinion way too much.

Ill say this again, as in previous post, youre young you have many things to learn in life.

Ill say this again, as in previous post, youre young you have many things to learn in life.

For sure I have a lot of things to learn and I do my best to learn as much as I can every day. :)

But the cool thing is that, as you say, I'm young, and I have a life ahead to learn them; it's much saddening though to see people who are twice (or thrice) my age who didn't learned their own lessons, but think they are self sufficient and that there's nothing more they could or should still learn.

And the difference of attitude is visible for everyone reading this thread; I was able (more than once) to admit the point where I was wrong... while no one else did the same... in the end, remember that "self-complacency is the gravestone of the progress." (Nicolae Iorga)

so now youre argueing over the internet your the smarter of us two, really?

No, that would be dumb. Since I don't know how smart you are, I can't claim that I am smarter than you.

I was talking statistically, saying that as long as I am certified to be among top 2% (and, if you insist, I can show it), when I have to blindly compare myself with a random someone, there's 49 chances that's I'm smarter and 1 chance that I'm not... so yeah, if I'd have to "bet" on someone, I would definitely bet on myself. ;)

But, obviously, you may be that 1/50 cases... I never excluded that possibility. ;)

thats because noone else in this thread but you acts like he knows it all

Actually quite the opposite... while I didn't claimed I know everything (or even some things) about anyone else specifically... a lot of people pretended they know more about me than even myself. ;)

Everything I said I did on the level of ideas, of principles, while pretty much everyone that responded moved the discussion towards peope(specifically towards me), but as Elenor Roosevelt said "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

That being said and done, I consider I wasted enough of my time trying to answer on comments on this thread and since this derailed very far from the intended course (to generate some awareness that people that try to promote the game might deserve some more respect, credit, appreciation), I asked for it to be close. If anyone wants to add anything (even if it will still be just ad-homminem attacks) please be free to do so, but please excuse me for not answering any more, but I have some better uses for my time.

Last edited:
There is nowhere enough 'negativity' on most EU-related forums.

There is however way much talk about it. An average thread turns from discussion of facts to discussion of 'positivity'/'negativity' in the middle of the third page.

Are there any facts to discuss here at all?

No, that would be dumb. Since I don't know how smart you are, I can't claim that I am smarter than you.

I was talking statistically, saying that as long as I am certified to be among top 2% (and, if you insist, I can show it), when I have to blindly compare myself with a random someone, there's 49 chances that's I'm smarter and 1 chance that I'm not... so yeah, if I'd have to "bet" on someone, I would definitely bet on myself. ;)

But, obviously, you may be that 1/50 cases... I never excluded that possibility. ;)

Actually quite the opposite... while I didn't claimed I know everything (or even some things) about anyone else specifically... a lot of people pretended they know more about me than even myself. ;)

At first I thought your intentions were good, but here you are escalating this pissing contest and spreading the very opposite of positivity :scratch2:

And yeah, no matter how arrogant that sounds, strictly talking on measurable, statistic, scientific factors, when in an intellectual dispute with someone, I have 98% chances to win it and 2% chances to lose it. Of course, that doesn't mean I am always right, but much more often than not, I just am.
Nope, you can't conclude that.

You are missing a whole bunch of other factors, than IQ.
  1. You might be more inclined to discuss and get emotional (and thus less rational) that pure IQ indicates. It's a matter of personality. I'm not saying it's the case, just that it's a possibility.
  2. People participating in Entropia is probably way over the worlds average IQ. I have no prove of this, but I believe it's true, and it would have a big impact on your 98% postulate.
  3. People discussing on forums are in general also above average in IQ. (Still no prove.... See above)
  4. Your belief that your IQ is superior, might lead you to jump to conclusions, pay less attention to details because you're probably right anyway, take 'risky' stances because your ability to discuss will probably win you the discussion anyway, etc etc etc.

Sorry mate, just teasing.
I'm probably guilty of all of the above myself, including being arrogant in some cases. :D

Last edited:
Yeah

I'd have to agree with the idea that the people on this forum and game are "smarter" than the average person. Reading the forum it seems a lot of players are actually in I.T. fields such as programming and such which indicates to me a decent level of education.

well you see DoA, youre here labeling people that dont agree with you "naysayers".

Whenever someone doesnt agree with your perspective you try your best to proove them wrong, its like youre always right and everyone that doesnt agree with you is in the wrong.
In the other thread I didnt want to argue with you anylonger as I saw where thats leading, you just couldnt accept me standing behind what I think and you resort to neg rep.

Youre 16 years old ffs, and you think youve inherated all the brains of this world. Im over twice your age and theres people playing the game probably 3 times as old as you are, yet you make it look like others dont know anything.

You have a lot of things to learn in life missy, one of them being, not to expose yourself on the internet as much as you do.

Wisdom doesn't come with age. Wisdom comes from being wise. DoA is certainly wise.

Originally Posted by DoA View Post
Nope, you can't conclude that.
(+list)
Sorry mate, just teasing.
I'm probably guilty of all of the above myself, including being arrogant in some cases. :D

DoA also missed the small matter of reliable knowledge, a fair amount of experience and wisdom.
What I find interesting personally is the term 'intellectual disputes'. I have a sneaking feeling that those are a really low percentage of disputes; maybe they do not need knowledge to be conducted?

DoA has admitted to mistakes in the past, though, and I see very few others doing that. (=character bonus)
However, if I remember correctly, mensa has an age skewing of results from IQ tests, so if you are very young and do well, they say you have a higher IQ. (=minus points on the 98% thing)

I imagine you will read this DoA, even if you don't answer. Anyway, thank you for your various threads and posts - I've enjoyed them! And yes, I think you have been misunderstood by many, even though you have a good level of clarity about you. GL :)

And as someone I admire said "you don't have to be a horse first to be a good jockey"; having (extensive) in-game experience can sure help noticing some patterns, but is definitely not a requirement.

Since you didn't provide your Mensa credentials to help prove your point to the nay-sayers, I took the liberty to do you the favor and ask some of my good friends with deep establishment at Mensa, to verify your credentials. Based on your gender, location and age, it'll be pretty quick to verify. I will get back with the result soon. You're welcome!

Status
Back