Why does MindArk not fix the voting booths?

Tantrum

Provider
I just cannot get my head rapped around this decision made by MindArk of not getting those voting booths working?

If I were the CEO if MindArk, I'd be telling those programmers, "If you wish to be employed here next week, get that voting system in operation. Do it next, pronto, top-priority. Do it before you do anything else."

The voting system is the perfect customer feedback system ever devised.

If you want to retain the max customers (customers = depositers) then you need to kater to the largest population percentage.

Sure you get a lot of wants that the populous thinks would be best that would not neccessarily benefit the bottom line. But you don't HAVE to impliment those. But you would still know what most people wanted.

For instance, you could set up a slider for loot that goes from more averages to larger loots. You cannot have both. Each individual would slide the slider to which-ever they wanted most. More loot found as averages or less avereges giving to a larger hofs.

Then the people of Calypso would tell you what they want most. But, it would still be up to MindArk to decide how it should be set to retain max profitability.

There are many, many more uses for this type voting system. From graphics complexity to importance of land grabs to availabilities of items to customizations of all sorts.

Does anyone have any insight that I might be missing as to WHY MindArk chose to not use the voting system?

My guess is that they have decided it is not a priority at the moment. Probably due to lag/database issues.

They instead have opted to send out questionairs that were filled out via their website.

My guess is, from that, they have at least a years worth of developement ahead of them.

Their plate is full. IMO they have no need for the voting booths atm. They should just turn them into concession stands!!

DD
:evilking:

marco said vote both will be repaired and improved during 2005 so we can hope for late 2005 or 2006

Ah cool, glad you brought that up Tantrum... I was wondering why the voting terminals werent used/operational too

but then I stopped wondering and had a beer instead :smoke:

Iam not sure if they are actuly broken or MA is choseing not to use them anymore as the voting cycle finished ages ago and an new one dident apapear so maby they removeb the interactions to save lag / bandwidth. Also as previously state MA has other form of user feedback and probely already know what it has schedualed for development in the next 12 months

the vote booths are working.
MA just decided to not use them for some reason.

why though, that is the question...

Orion said:
the vote booths are working.
MA just decided to not use them for some reason.

why though, that is the question...

Orion, you cannot be sure they are working on MA's side though...

DD

Question by Darkpef
"Is there a scheduled date to make the Vote Booth work correctly?"

Answer by Marco|Mindark
"To put it frankly - no. My guess is it will be updated, as a concept, during 2005. We still like the idea of the vote booth, but it needs to be more dynamic and intresting compared to how it was when it was operational."

Thanks Etopia!

DD

I remember when the booths were operational, and while I think they can be utilized better in the future, I think they did not serve as a really good means of finding out what the community wanted.

It would say, "What is more important to you: Day/Night; More friends list; Weather"... etc etc... you get the idea. They were always fairly trivial aspects of game and the responses would vary from player to player just based upon what one person's preference was over another's ;)

OK, so they dropped the ball on what questions to ask.

That also can be fixed.

Instead of asking silly stuff, ask the important ones.

If it were me, I'd ask different questions based on the particular avatar's skill ranking. This way you could ask different questions for the new players vs the skilled players. Get the best of both worlds.

You don't really want to take votes for things that a newbie would not qualified to answer for. But at the newbie state of mind his concerns are still relevant and should have some input. (color of grass, hight of trees, etc.)

jsut dont alow to vote people that had played less than 1 month for exemple.
i dont think skill show the right to someone to give his opignon , if he had play enought to know the game , then for me , he is alowed to say what he think about the game.

i know people that play since 1 year and spend all their time in trading , beacause they like trading.and trust me , they know pretty well the game.

who cares about the voteing machines being fixed when they reallly need to be fixing things like the animals lag walking, or like the stats ingame, mine are still all messed up. also i waste alot of ammo on trapped animals now and also does anyone have a serious problem with missing alot???

the voting booths used to "value" your answer:

there was a general question like "rate these suggestions for implementations"
and you got like 4 answers offered, each with a bar to move from left to right.
full bar means 100% on one suggestion, and 0% left for the others.

in the bottom right corner your avatar got a value, felt like it rated skills and equipment tt-value.

moving the bars actually distributed that value to each chosen answer.

that way experienced/wealthier player's answers got valued higher than the simple noob.

Orion said:
that way experienced/wealthier player's answers got valued higher than the simple noob.

which was certainly one of the bullshit factors of that early voting that i recall ;) From a business perspective, it is certainly prudent for MA to keep track of what "wealthier" players think, but as Etopia eloquently put it, skills or peds should not alone make one person more valuable than the next... :wise:
We all know that a person who may be a newb with low peds could one day become a major financer of MA's if they like the game enough

Svetlana said:
They were always fairly trivial aspects of game and the responses would vary from player to player just based upon what one person's preference was over another's ;)

Isn't that what voting is all about?

Just askin! ;)

Suicide

Suicide said:
Isn't that what voting is all about?

Just askin! ;)

Suicide

About finding out trivial things that ppl prefer :confused: Um, no.... in my op, voting should be based on more important inquiries or else it's just stupid shi* meant to fool the masses into believing they are partaking in something worthwhile. :wise:
:girl:

Devil Doll said:
My guess is, from that, they have at least a years worth of developement ahead of them. Their plate is full. IMO they have no need for the voting booths atm. They should just turn them into concession stands!!
i disagree DD. even though theyre trying to fix all the MAJOR problems that theyve been getting the huge feedback on, even though MA has this huge workload, id much rather have a vote on a different "shades of grass," or "hight of trees" (or maybe a vote on how to spell, tantrum?)
i agree with tantrum. id much rather have those things than, say,
CrazyGirl said:
fixing things like the animals lag walking, or like the stats ingame
tantrum, im backing you all the way, bro... o yeah. screw the lag, we can deal with it, and screw all the major bugs, what we need is a DARKER SHADE OF GREEN!
uh huh. :handjob:

MA did lately lots of things asked by player.
and more than 1 time som player still complain .... this make me sad.
i agree that MA still far away from perfect , and they still need to improve lots of things .but eatch time they improved something asked by player , there is all time som stupid moron that come crying and whining.
with vote system , they can not do that , beacouse MA did for shure what player asked , and the moron know if he come whining about it , large player base will gona say him " hey dude , we voted , we take that way"

Back