Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Tale - Hunting with Longtime

Gear Change

+A&P Series Mayhem LP-100, Modified
-Electric Attack Nanochip 13, FEN Edition
-Neopsion Amplifier 7, FEN Edition

As a new chapter IRL begins, a new one in my hunting journey begins as well. I will say that I struggled with making this decision a bit because the electric MF chips is very underrated. I actually found it more powerful than I had thought it would be, much like the Castorian Mace 6 Fen was with the amp, just without the all-decay BS. I did want more DPS and that was the more determining factor - 120dps with the MF chip was amazing and allowed me to do a selection of mobs with LS and mod viceroy that previously was not available to me in a way that meets my criteria for a higher probability of stable returns (yes, it's a thing). I do think mindforce takes a bad rap out of people not understanding its capabilities; leaving good, cost-effective opportunities off the table.

SIB with the pistol. Not using it yet though. I do enjoy the grind up. Only done it like 3000 times. Pistol might be the only profession I have not done it yet.

With that being said, not been a good month TT wise. 10 days to go to see a correction. :O

Very informative, thanks and congrats on the unlocks. Is that bristlehog cave part of a mission? I'm intrigued at the possibility of farming both thin wool and short stinktree boards at the same time :unsure:
Which bristlehog cave? Can't see any mention of it in this log, unless something was deleted?

Longtime Mankini buffed loot

index.php

September 2020

Finished
:
Leviathan (All Mission Chains)

Notables

Looted
Omegaton Igni 1100E

Unlocks

None

56281215.41 PED270337.09 PED-10878.32 PED (96.1317%)3565.42 PED (1.2679%)0SB | 544G | 8H9P 47N (16.07%)
HUNTSTOTAL CYCLEDRETURN+/-DEFENSESTATSRESULTS (Volatility)

Summary

Tough month. Upgraded my MF Fen gear to an LP-100 Modified. I had to use ArMatrix weapons for a bit to skill but I am using the pistol now. While the TT loss is harsh, the markup is covered with the pistol - when it sells. Hoping for good days ahead with the pistol. One note - there were no 1k+ hofs during this time period and volume.

October 2020

Finished
:
None

Notables

Mature Flesh Ripper - 2466

Looted
Cryogenic UL 5
2x Teleportation Chip 1
NeoPsion 70 MF Implant

Unlocks

None

41288683.85 PED280368.71 PED-8315.14 PED (97.1196%)4656.44 PED (1.6130%)0SB | 410G | 5H11P 30N (26.83%)

Summary

Tough month again despite nice markup. Maxed my pistol - so there was some unmaxed use here. While TT is not great here, it paid on the crafting side of my ledger. This month was about preparing for mayhem, maxing my weapon as fast as possible, and tiering it - learning to self-sustain - figuring out what the pistol will do for me. It is obvious the volatility has changed - for sure.

1 big hunting hof and several UL loots.

Is there any target for a release of your entropialoot hunting tracker? I’d love to assist with testing and provide fresh feedback!

What does "0SB | 410G | 5H" mean?
Also, what is "11P 30N"?

0SB | 410G | 5H11P 30N

Is there any target for a release of your entropialoot hunting tracker? I’d love to assist with testing and provide fresh feedback!

I don't know what I am going to do here because I am not feeling like I want to support a desktop product. It will be cumbersome with little reward and I am trying to reduce workloads. We will see.

What does "0SB | 410G | 5H" mean?
Also, what is "11P 30N"?

0SB | 410G | 5H11P 30N

Globals and HOFs.

And then volatility.. positive and negative runs.

November 2020

Finished
:
None

Notables

Mature Flesh Ripper - 3041
Old Flesh Ripper - 2793

Looted
Nothing

Unlocks
Medical Therapy

32307237.42 PED295293.30 PED-11944.12 PED (96.1124%)4107.37 PED (1.3369%)0SB | 537G | 4H9P 23N (28.13%)

Summary

The weapon I used during this month was the LP-100 Modified. Efficiency was 84%. I really have not used the LP-70 FEN yet to see if there would be any changes. Honestly, I have mostly given up on the hunting profession. Not only do I not understand 2020's results but I have not received any valuable information or help from anyone in the community (except for 1 person) other than the typical "it's temporary" or "it will come back" or "get your looter levels up" - they are already higher than most. My logs go a bit deeper than this and it has gotten rather tiring. I used to turn sideways when people complained about big losses during migration and I still think those numbers they offered were miscalculated. Rather than them getting 60% for example, they really had 94 or 95% if they calculated turnover correctly. I will say that all this, lack of support, and the talking points brought me to wind down my involvement in the hunting profession. I haven't sold my equipment yet. If not sold by MM then I will be partaking that event and seeing how that changes things.

Sad that even with high end items its so hard to break even. I always had a dream to invest in some high end items but as i see from lot of blogs, its just not worth it. You have to threat it as real job and invest shitload of time in learning/analyzing otherwise its impossible to succeed. Ill rather keep my money in stock market and wont do crazy investments in entropia after i read all these bloggers with uber gear that still struggle in hunting. All i wanted was to buy eco gear and press F to break even :D Gladly you opened my eyes and i will focus on other investments

Summary

The weapon I used during this month was the LP-100 Modified. Efficiency was 84%.
Honestly, I have mostly given up on the hunting profession.
Not only do I not understand 2020's results but I have not received any valuable information or help from anyone in the community (except for 1 person)
other than the typical "it's temporary" or "it will come back" or "get your looter levels up" - they are already higher than most.

My logs go a bit deeper than this and it has gotten rather tiring. I used to turn sideways when people complained about big losses during migration.
I will say that all this, lack of support, and the talking points brought me to wind down my involvement in the hunting profession.

I haven't sold my equipment yet. If not sold then I will be seeing how that changes things.

Not sure if I am entitled to support higher level players, since I am still investigating hunting and my latest result are similar to yours.

I saw that even a long time uber-miner (miner, and not hunter, but the example is anyway meaningful) like Leeloo is probably not happy with the latest loot system, since she seems inactive both in these forums and in-game.

But of course it seems that other people are still doing fine, also in these forums.

Epilogue

In another Thread we discovered that each avatar has 2 'symbolical' slots placed in a... "very strategical position".

Probably those 2 slots are where the Loot System hits hard, at times.

index.php

So maybe also change outfit, because in Twin Peaks I saw that with your mankini you were exposing both the slots ?

Paul

Last edited:
Not sure if I am entitled to support higher level players, since I am still investigating hunting and my latest result are similar to yours.

I saw that even a long time uber-miner (miner, and not hunter, but the example is anyway meaningful) like Leeloo is probably not happy with the latest loot system, since she seems inactive both in these forums and in-game.

But of course it seems that other people are still doing fine, also in these forums.

Paul
leeloo doesn't turn over enough ped to have any evidence-based opinions about the loot system.

it's not that hard. crafters/miners will get about 95% less any tax adn skill loss, minus markup inputs, and plus markup outputs. Players have ground markup everyone into almost nothing with MA's newest gizmo/recycle/shrapnel BP offerings. Hunters will likely get 95% at baseline, improved with efficiency and looter levels, but there's no markup there regardless..

Either you grind into the upper echelon of hunters or you just play the game like it's a game and have some fun for your money and time spent.

Epilogue

In another Thread we discovered that each avatar has 2 'symbolical' slots placed in a... "very strategical position".

Probably those 2 slots are where the Loot System hits hard, at times.

index.php

So maybe also change outfit, because in Twin Peaks I saw that with your mankini you were exposing both the slots ?

Paul

Is that why you keep trying to put ped in between my cheeks?

leeloo doesn't turn over enough ped to have any evidence-based opinions about the loot system.

it's not that hard. crafters/miners will get about 95% less any tax adn skill loss, minus markup inputs, and plus markup outputs. Players have ground markup everyone into almost nothing with MA's newest gizmo/recycle/shrapnel BP offerings. Hunters will likely get 95% at baseline, improved with efficiency and looter levels, but there's no markup there regardless..

Either you grind into the upper echelon of hunters or you just play the game like it's a game and have some fun for your money and time spent.

Welcome back. As you mentioned Leeloo. 1 Family member (BEFORE you and 5 Dolla was even playing EU) did a live stream mining. They hit nysteriously a 144,000 Ped copper ATH. Whilst live filming. Most of the threads (on this forum ofc) have been deleted about THAT. Just mentioning it :)

Just to edit. I mean an actual round number whilst Leeloo film crew was there exactly 144,000. Has per your last post about MA changed anything in 6 months Rocket :)

December 2020

Finished
:
None

Notables

Merry Mayhem Daikiba 04 - 1260
Merry Mayhem Daikiba 03 - 3208

Looted
Ares Ring, Perfected

Unlocks
Nothing

60454655.76 PED447158.26 PED-7497.50 PED (98.3510%)5148.49 PED (1.1324%)0SB | 877G | 4H21P 39N (35.00%)

Summary

Made some changes in my game play and strategies. Hoping it pays off. About 100ped TT of electro to unlocking Intuition. I might be able to get that before MM is over. I am feeling comfortable with what gear I have now more than any other combination. Let's see how long that lasts. There is a serious volatility score difference (which matters).

Overall 2020

4042179382 PED2119061 PED-60321 PED (97.23%)24565.90 PED (1.1272%)0SB | 3821G | 39H106P 298N (26.24%)

Summary

Months ranged from 90.99% with the Castorian Mace 6 FEN Edition (which no one understands, but likely is around the time all amps were bugged) to 98.85% with the IMK2. While I won't disclose my entire markup data, I will say that in the end, I came out positive.... barely. Thanks to two lucky rolls - the Ares Ring Perfected and the 1100E gun I looted a few months ago. Otherwise... RIP.

Candle Stick

index.php

Overall Graph

index.php

Weekly Trend

index.php

Last edited:
January 2021

Finished
:
None

Notables

Merry Mayhem Daikiba 03 - 2079
Merry Mayhem Daikiba 04 - 1531

Looted
None

Unlocks
Intuition

42355752.12 PED348140.93 PED-7611.19 PED (97.8605%)2722.73 PED (0.7653%)0SB | 587G | 5H14P 28N (33.33%)

Summary

Intuition unlocked. Event over, now for some general hunting. *yawn*

January 2021

Finished
:
None

Notables

Merry Mayhem Daikiba 03 - 2079
Merry Mayhem Daikiba 04 - 1531

Looted
None

Unlocks
Intuition

42355752.12 PED348140.93 PED-7611.19 PED (97.8605%)2722.73 PED (0.7653%)0SB | 587G | 5H14P 28N (33.33%)

Summary

Intuition unlocked. Event over, now for some general hunting. *yawn*
so can you make up these 7,6k "loss" trough Markup?
Iam sure 348K Ped Return has some MU in it.

Thanks for this awesome thread!! :)

It's sad that even with high-end items its so hard to break even. I always dream of investing in some high-end items, but it's just not worth it as I see from many logs. You have to treat it as a real job and invest a shitload of time in learning/analysing otherwise it's impossible to succeed.

I'll rather keep my money in the stock market and won't make crazy investments in Entropia after reading all these bloggers with uber gear that still struggle in hunting. All I wanted was to buy eco gear and press F to break even :D. Gladly you opened my eyes, and I will focus on other investments.

You are certainly not the only one mate; lol, I had the same aspirations, and now I hunt low-level mobs to pass the time and enjoy myself.

Here is what I have found out recently:

Weapon efficiency is no longer what we were told it was or was changed without telling us again lol.
We were told efficiency is the new TT return scale that replaced DPP but was later replaced by skills!
To this day, no one can understand how we can have both efficiency and looter, giving us 7% each.

What I have seen and noticed is that:

The average player who has access to 3.0 DPP, 65-75% efficiency, Lv 30 Looter, can produce 95-97% returns.
The veteran player who has access to 3.1 DPP, 75-85% efficiency, Lv 45 Looter, can produce 96-98% returns.
The uber player who has access to 3.2+ DPP, 85-95% efficiency, Lv 60+ Looter, can produce 97-99% returns.
The odd player who has access to 3.0 DPP, 65-75% efficiency, Lv 80+ Looter, can even produce 98% returns!

The best way to profit in Entropia is:

Get your TT returns as close to or above 98%, and the best way to get there is through Looter professions.
Which begs the real question, how much does efficiency on weapons contribute to the above equations?

What does this all really mean hm?

My honest opinion is that they hyped efficiency to the moon and then nerfed it silently with Looter profs.
In all honesty, there is no proof that Looter skills even work as intended, or it works like Evader on mobs.
The best I can see efficiency contributing to TT returns is 1-2% max, with 2% is being rather generous.
That would mean that base returns are really 90%; Looter gives 7%, giving 1% efficiency, giving 98%.
The problem with this conclusion is that it doesn't add up, a newbie using high DPP can get 97%!
Seriously they hardly have any Looter skills, to begin with, so how are they getting high returns?

Conclusion

Efficiency is dead, DPP is the king, Looter profs may have some merit, cheap kills = markup.

Back