Suggestion: Limit or Remove TP Fee [ QOL Change]

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
This suggestion is brought to you by $5, which also has suggested the following in 2020:
and Notable Reads like:

Now brings you the following:

With the area in space being safe zones, the TP fees seems unnecessary or unnecessarily punitive. I recommend making a quality of life (QOL) change by eliminating this teleport (TP) fee or reducing it to 1 or 2ped, which is more closely aligned to the space thruster and fuel use.

Benefit: This would increase mobility between planets and satellites and improve productive time within the game.

Free TP!!! where was the free TP in March i had to use leaves !!! Dam COVID

Just fly in and don't use the tp...

yep... free tp would be nice... also allow a free tp between planets from SS to SS once a week.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly it wont increase mobility because anyone that would need to use the tp would mostly be getting off a MS/Priv which will all be parked at some point in the near future due to a lack of generic fuse. Hopefully they take my suggestion on this and either revamp current BP's or make a new warp drive 0 that requires ONLY generic common mats like lyst,narc,blau/standard lever and metal res and offers 0 defence against warp mines. Then yes all ships could freely warp at higher risk if they chose to at least and the traders lose theyre shirts once agian! We all love seeing that :)

I think at least 2 ped would be appropriate with the recent removal of landing fees. It would get a lot more use and may actually generate more revenue from people teleporting down to planet than the current 7ped.

Free would be nice. But then no one would ever atmosphere land. Which is an experience in its own. The excitement of wondering, whether or not you will be shot down on entry by a disgruntled mall owner.

I think at least 2 ped would be appropriate with the recent removal of landing fees. It would get a lot more use and may actually generate more revenue from people teleporting down to planet than the current 7ped.
i agree with this.. something slightly more than flying down in quad but not crazy more like 7ped would actually be used alot! But then theres the lack of oil/thruster use so they would sit on shelves unsold as well. Gotta look at the bigger picture

Unfortunatly it wont increase mobility because anyone that would need to use the tp would mostly be getting off a MS/Priv which will all be parked at some point in the near future due to a lack of generic fuse. Hopefully they take my suggestion on this and either revamp current BP's or make a new warp drive 0 that requires ONLY generic common mats like lyst,narc,blau/standard lever and metal res and offers 0 defence against warp mines. Then yes all ships could freely warp at higher risk if they chose to at least and the traders lose theyre shirts once agian! We all love seeing that :)

It would increase mobility between satellite and planets, which is what I wrote, if we stop and think about it. The benefit is improving productive time. It's a quality of life change. That means it is a small change that removes unnecessarily punitive things in the game (e.g. TPing from CP to Calypso).

It would increase mobility between satellite and planets, which is what I wrote, if we stop and think about it. The benefit is improving productive time. It's a quality of life change. That means it is a small change that removes unnecessarily punitive things in the game (e.g. TPing from CP to Calypso).
i agree with you 100% bro. It would be very nice but the side effects would be negative. Example: It would be awesoe if everyoe could suddenly live across the street from work and not have to drive anymore but... how would the gas companies be affected that possibly employ alot of those people?

50% off would be a good start imho: 3.50 ped fee. I would use it more if it cost that, especially from Monria to Caly.

Unfortunatly it wont increase mobility because anyone that would need to use the tp would mostly be getting off a MS/Priv which will all be parked at some point in the near future due to a lack of generic fuse.

A while back people were paying 600% for them with no complaints, now they pay 200% and complain there's not enough - maybe there's some corralation there.

You have my +1 for complete removal of TP fees.

I would use warps more often, since my only problem right now is having to do the landing myself or pay the stupid TP fee. So I just stay on Caly .... :confused:

Last edited:
You have my +1 for complete removal of TP fees.

I would use warps more often, since my only problem right now is having to do the landing myself (dangerous and time consuming) or pay the stupid TP fee (fuck that). So I just stay on Caly .... :confused:

There is a lootable PVP when you are going to calypso from calypso SS ? Afaik, no.
Also I've been using Normandie service for warps and they warp close to calypso atmosphere so all you have to do is just get out of MS and press Accept. So what is dangerous and time consuming about that ?

There is a lootable PVP when you are going to calypso from calypso SS ? Afaik, no.
Also I've been using Normandie service for warps and they warp close to calypso atmosphere so all you have to do is just get out of MS and press Accept. So what is dangerous and time consuming about that ?

No, the area adjacent to Caly where FOMA and CP are is no longer lootable.

You are correct, I forgot about that change.

Why would MA change this after all these years when they know they will still get people to pay 7 ped?

Nah it shouldn't be cheaper to be that lazy. Fly on down it takes a min or two, otherwise pay up.

Reducing the cost will also probably lower the demand for thrusters.

Just my two pecs.

Why would MA change this after all these years when they know they will still get people to pay 7 ped?

Nah it shouldn't be cheaper to be that lazy. Fly on down it takes a min or two, otherwise pay up.

Just my two pecs.
Aswell as overall revenues from all venures in the game since less decay and ped sinked in...

I don’t think it’s a good idea or at the very least needs some kind of maturing to be usable

time is money and doing this change will make space further useless

Just my two pecs.
because they removed decay on armor, removed monthly fee on keeping apartments open, etc.

If they drop/remove the tp fee oil consumption/mu will drop and thruster usage/sales will drop massively. As far as warps go there is no warping more than we are now. We are alrdy at 120% capacity for warps performed and there isnt the fuse for them to continue like this at any MU. Its not like traders trying to hoard them or anything right? =p

• Free the Man Bum! (Mankini)

I'm not sure if the above brings credibility or not.. but on a serious note, i support this change recommendation :p

because they removed decay on armor, removed monthly fee on keeping apartments open, etc.
Dont remind them they may nerf that back. They totally forgot about removing the decay from clothes all these years.

It became redundant after the changed space Spring 2019.

It used to be the case that Strong Motherships would have the advantage to practice Atmosphere drops. If people were flying with loot with a privateer or so, docking would be the only option. From there, they would tp if had loot.

Now anyone can fly from station to atmos through non-lootable. The "risk" of going to atmos was removed, there for also the incentive to TP.

... unnecessarily punitive things in the game (e.g. TPing from CP to Calypso).
^ Is exactly the case. I'm for free interplanetary teleportation and some halfway decent reasons to play in Space for its own merits (boss mobs / rares? "King of the Hill" style pvp areas? "King of the Hill" style most-kills pve areas? suggestions welcome).

As a side note, I have not landed my quad on Calypso in years, as I regularly stop in at Monria for its dailies before continuing to Calypso to craft and sell. So basically I hand over the 7 peds for 7 daily tokens (I can't be bothered with the Shoggoth and taming dailies).

Reactions: San
^ Is exactly the case. I'm for free interplanetary teleportation and some halfway decent reasons to play in Space for its own merits (boss mobs / rares? "King of the Hill" style pvp areas? "King of the Hill" style most-kills pve areas? suggestions welcome).

As a side note, I have not landed my quad on Calypso in years, as I regularly stop in at Monria for its dailies before continuing to Calypso to craft and sell. So basically I hand over the 7 peds for 7 daily tokens (I can't be bothered with the Shoggoth and taming dailies).
What I've been saying for years -- treat Space like a planet partner, to be visited and played on its own merits, not because you have to go through it. The change was a big improvement by ending camping and incentives to the most corrosive behaviours, but not quite where we want to be yet. Foes that take a fully crewed mothership to battle would make previous investments worthwhile and create lasting communal experiences. The nickel-and-diming by fees here, fees there would no longer be necessary.

Side note: Shoggoth daily is done very fast if you go for the big ones in the cave. All cat 1's are cheaper tokens than the rest, but only here you can save your precious time.

In this case, monria to calypso TP acts as a way to avoid unsafe space. The risk is there and thus maybe 7ped should remain for that TP. I did not think about this specific example. I was thinking more on the SS to planet and satellite (like CP) to Calypso teleports. So now we're talking about TP fees that are priced to their respective risk avoidance (1ped for SS/satellites, more for others) and now you have interplanetary TP price structure. :)

Back