Entropia pocket not compatible?

Does entropia pocket work for you if you have a modern smartphone?

• Yes, I got it installed and it is working

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, my phone can run it, but it does not install it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please sumarize.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
Hi all,

Just wondering how many people got screwed over the end of the gold card and cannot use entropia pocket?

The app claims it needs android version over 3.x

My phone is android version 9

Still, in the google store, there is not option to install the dam thing as it says my phone is incompatible????

What a joke.

The app worked well on my 'old' phone..... but, I purchased a new phone and need to transfer it over, I can't find the code to enable a transfer...... so now I need to send photo ID to MA so they can disable it on my account. It's time consuming and a general ' pain in the a*** '

You can use 3rd party 2fa apps like authy or google authenticator.

Well, I do not have a problem with my account, they disabled the gold card long ago (im one of those who actually bought it from the TT in the old times)

My main issue is the crappy programing of the app, how come a app built to work on old android OS, does not work with a new one?
I am sure it works for many people with somehow recent smartphones, but when you have android version 9, and the thing just refuses to install, kinda sucks.
I bet the app works on my phone but since the only way to get it is on google play to which you need a google account, I cannot use it.
So, for over 15 years of entropia, I only have my account secured with normal user password.

Well, I tried using authy, hate google authenticator since I already got screwed by it when I had to change phones and I could not log into many crypto sites that I use for mine and trade.
Could not manage to work with authy.

The app worked well on my 'old' phone..... but, I purchased a new phone and need to transfer it over, I can't find the code to enable a transfer...... so now I need to send photo ID to MA so they can disable it on my account. It's time consuming and a general ' pain in the a*** '
Definitely keep that restoration code safe. Print it out and store it inside your IRL safe or bank safe deposit box.

Voted Other: I’ve had no issues but I am on iOS.

Since March 2024, when they screwed up gold card users with no previous warning, I can't log in.

Found an old alcatel mobile phone (android 9) and the device installed the entropia pocket app from the app store.

Start entropia pocket app, get a black background with the big white E (EU logo) and after a few seconds, get the message "entropiapocket stopped", and other times "entropiapocket keeps stopping" (free translation from my original message). So still unable to login.

Support case sent last week to see if I'm doing something wrong, or to work out a solution, and no reply yet.

Found an old alcatel mobile phone (android 9) and the device installed the entropia pocket app from the app store.
Use Authy or a different authenticator!.... You can find instructions on the forum:

2018 they said no more support. Was 6 years not enough?
That statement just said no support, so if the card got unsynced or out of battery, people had to change.

I never had any of those problems, it was always working - up until last month - so why change?

An official statement (sorry, sometimes I forget it's MA) saying in advance the gold card server would be terminated, would warn users in advance that they wouldn't be able to login after that time.

Thanks @Killahbee for the positive/helping post.

Start entropia pocket app, get a black background with the big white E (EU logo) and after a few seconds, get the message "entropiapocket stopped", and other times "entropiapocket keeps stopping" (free translation from my original message). So still unable to login.

I have the exactly same problem with precisely the same symptoms and error message.

Luckily i have the app still running on my secondary device, so i still can log in.
But once my fallback option also collapsed, i am in the same deep trouble like you.

MA claims it would not work because i have the app installed on two devices.
They failed to explain why it worked parallel on two devices for many years, or how a one-way-communication app without internet connection could learn about secondary devices.

Ergo: MA knows shit and they dont care.
QED.

2018 they said no more support. Was 6 years not enough?
Existing Gold Card Security System users were explicitly permitted to continue using the system indefinitely. The "6 years not enough" question only makes sense if you assume Gold Card users were attempting to switch to a software solution for 6 years but somehow failed to do so. If Gold Card users weren't switching for 6 years because they prefer the Gold Card to alternatives (i.e., because it's a dedicated device which doesn't run other software, because it doesn't connect to the Internet, because a device built by MindArk with Entropia in mind should be more reliable than a generic third-party device, etc.), then the harm caused by the recent Gold Card Apocalypse™ isn't all that mysterious.

Since March 2024, when they screwed up gold card users with no previous warning, I can't log in.

Support case sent last week to see if I'm doing something wrong, or to work out a solution, and no reply yet.
I'm currently in the purchasing phase. I just got a support case reply saying any Android 2.3 or higher should be fine, so I'll be interested to see what they say to your problem and if they fix it or if Android 9 needs to be avoided.

They are using TOTP (props for that) so any implementation will do and you can have it on many devices reusing the shared secret. My recommendation is 1password.

Back